M&M 3e, Young Protectors OOC (Full)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors (Open recruiting closed))

Post by StarGuard »

Afflictions are a real headache and seem to require someone who is really good descriptively and tactically to play well imo :|
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:40 am
Syncretik wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:18 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:13 pm Snare Wire: Ranged Cumulative Affliction 6 (1st: Hindered & Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless, Immobilized), Concentration, Extra Condition, Alternate resistance(Dodge), Diminished Range, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Limited (can only have one target snared at a time), Distracting
Does that Limited flaw really work with a Concentration power? Since it requires a standard action to maintain, and has Instant Recovery, the only time you could have more than one target snared is with the additional action granted by extra effort, and I can definitely see him restraining two people at once (one with each arm) under that circumstance.
I think drop the Cumulative and the Limited to one snared target.
Snare Wire: Ranged Affliction 6 (1st: Hindered & Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless, Immobilized), Concentration, Extra Condition, Alternate resistance(Dodge), Diminished Range, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Distracting
The alternative is changing it from a wire that coils back up in your clubs into some kind of projectile bola type deal, which would be neat, and is an option, but it's not the same conceptually to what you had

If you want to go with the projectile version, it would look more like;
Snare Wire: Ranged Affliction 6 (1st: Hindered & Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless, Immobilized), Extra Condition, Alternate resistance(Dodge), Diminished Range, Unreliable(5 uses)
Or you can reduce the range to Close;
Snare Wire: Cumulative Affliction 6 (1st: Hindered & Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless, Immobilized), Concentration, Extra Condition, Alternate resistance(Dodge), Diminished Range, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Distracting
I think those are your best options. Anyone note if I missed anything (again)?
I made the adjustment. Hopefully everything else is alright.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Okay, due to a perceived imbalance in the schools/teams chosen I'm going to go back over the individuals and see if I can't balance them out a bit.

I have some extra guidelines I'm adhering to that aren't just about powers, but also player chemistry (for those I've either run games with or been in games with prior). Call it me being paranoid, but I've run into complications with the advent of player/character interactions where one player thought a certain way of relating their character to another would be cool, but failed to broach the subject with the target player beforehand outside play and it turned out to be very, very not cool. More than once it very nearly derailed an entire campaign, so I'm cognizant of these kinds of complications and will take "heading them off at the pass" so to speak, into consideration.

Obviously that's something that can only be done with half the cast, since I haven't been in a game with the rest...so it'll be an adventure!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Hmmm, unless the teams are going to be in conflict then perceived imbalances between the two would seem of minimal importance as long as you think the characters combine for a good story ... which of course is where chemistry comes in. :twisted: Curious to see the changes.

Until then, anyone still wanting a second set of eyes on their character, happy to help :)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:38 pm Until then, anyone still wanting a second set of eyes on their character, happy to help :)
I never mind having an extra pair of constructive eyes on my stuff. Keeps me honest and has often found mistakes I missed. :D
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

StarGuard wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:38 pm Hmmm, unless the teams are going to be in conflict then perceived imbalances between the two would seem of minimal importance as long as you think the characters combine for a good story ... which of course is where chemistry comes in. :twisted: Curious to see the changes.

Until then, anyone still wanting a second set of eyes on their character, happy to help :)
Sure. Take a look at mine. :D 8-)
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

No one is allowed to look at the perfection that is my character sheet....lest it blind you!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Hawk wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:32 pm
StarGuard wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:38 pm Hmmm, unless the teams are going to be in conflict then perceived imbalances between the two would seem of minimal importance as long as you think the characters combine for a good story ... which of course is where chemistry comes in. :twisted: Curious to see the changes.

I use to play V&V with a guy that went by Hawk?
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

StarGuard wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:33 am
Hawk wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:32 pm

I use to play V&V with a guy that went by Hawk?
Well, I still play V&V.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Sorry about the delay. I'd hoped to be underway by now...but...complications.

Hopefully I'll get all that sorted and have the IC threads ready to roll by the weekend.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

It's all good. Excited to get this party started.
StarGuard

Re: M&M 3e, Young Protectors (Recruiting)

Post by StarGuard »

Hawk wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:06 pm
POWER LEVEL: 7
POWER POINTS:[ 120 / 120]
ABI:[ 48 ] DEF: [ 16 ] SKI: [ 22 ]PP (44 sp) ADV: [ 18 ] POW: [ 16 ]
ABILITIES:
Strength: 3
Stamina: 3
Agility: 3
Fighting: 3
Dexterity: 3
Intellect: 3
Awareness: 3
Presence: 3
I'm curious at the line of 3's? It's not bad or good, but to me at least, it doesn't help define the character's strengths and weaknesses. Unless the idea of course is to be perfectly balanced :)
OFFENSE:
Unarmed +8
Dual Stick: +8 (Damage DC21), Multi-attack
Snare: +8 (Affliction DC16) (Range: 30/60ft(Short), 75/150ft(Mid), 150/300(Long)
Throw: +8 (Damage DC 21) (Range: 30/60ft(Short), 75/150ft(Mid), 150/300(Long)
Initiative +6

DEFENSE:
Toughness +7 (3+4)
Dodge +7 (3+4)
Parry +7 (3+4)
Fortitude +7 (3+4)
Will +7 (3+4)
Again super balanced ... nothing missing but maybe the DC for the attack strength. Some post it with the "to hit" for completeness and easy reference.

SKILLS:
Acrobatics 6 (+9) Agile Feint
Athletics 5 (+8)
Expertise: Streetwise 4 (+7)
Insight 2 (+5) Assessment
Investigation 8 (+11)
Perception 4 (+7)
Ranged Combat 5 billy clubs (+8)
Stealth 5 (+8)
Technology 3 (+6)
Treatment 2 (+5)

ADVANTAGES:
Agile Feint
Assessment
Attractive level 1
Benefit: Ambidexterity
Benefit Wealth 2 (independently wealthy)
Close Attack 5
Die Hard
Eidetic Memory
Fearless
Set-Up 1
Teamwork
Uncanny Dodge
Well Informed
I highlighted and added Agile Feint and Assessment as an example of Skills used for Advantages. Makes for easier reference. You have a few others you could do the same with. Well-informed etc.
POWERS:
Genetically Gifted
Speed 2 (8 mph) [2]
Leaping 1 (15 feet) [1]
Immunity 2 (poison, disease) (Flaws: Limited to half effect) [1]

[8pp] Billy Clubs ( Easily removable (16 -8(16 rounds up to 20, 20/5=4, 4x2=8))
[3pp] Swing Line: Movement 2 (Swinging, Safe Fall(Limited to near a surface))
[11pp] Snare Wire: Ranged Affliction 6 (1st: Hindered & Vulnerable, 2nd: Defenseless, Immobilized),Concentration, Extra Condition, Alternate resistance(Dodge), Diminished Range, Instant Recovery, Limited Degree, Distracting
AE: Club Throw: Strength- based Damage 3, Ranged 6, Diminished Range
AE: Dual-stick Fighting: Strength- based damage 3, Multi-attack 6

[4pp] Costume (Removable 6-2 (6rounds up to 10, 10/5=2))
Protection 4, Subtle
Senses(low-light vision)
Overall I like what I see. I'm not well versed in afflictons but I like your ideas. The high lighted sections are a format I don't understand so can't comment on.

"The DeVille' s dog" - cute lol
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The first equation is the total points in the device minus the discount from removable and easily removable. The rest is just "showing the work" as it were for where the discount number was achieved.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

:shock: never saw anyone "show" their work before, looks good.

Is it just me, I think Yeoman and Warlock are a "classic" combo :)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I didn't think you rounded up for removable.
"Something pithy this way comes."