(OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: (OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 am Wally would create a portal and because of the heat difference between an inside room and the outside rain, Kevin would be able to see it and tell him it needs to be bigger or not.
This is a great explanation and not one I would have thought of. Wally also knew the plan to drag a bunch of people on an ice sheet and would have put it somewhere he knew would be big enough to accommodate the people, the foyer probably. There's chairs there.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:12 am The reason it's not a flaw is because he can turn on his ice or snow forms whenever. The only time he would lose access to it is while unconscious, but that goes for many of his powers and that makes it sustained, not limited. Make sense?

If you want, if you can shuffle a few points, we can put you in a tiny bit of PP debt for the rest.
You know, you think you know this game and you always learn something. Usually on the small stuff. I can do complex till the cows come home, understand and reconstruct the most complex powers or characters, but immunity is always a pain. :lol:

Here are the edits I am about to make:

Immunity Cold - Change to Sustained, leave at 10 Ranks
Immunity to Environmental Heat and Cold - He actually doesn't need the Cold part, and the since I eventually want an Environment power, the heat immunity is mostly redundant too. So, remove that.

If I do that, he's at 123 PP. I have no issue moving one of his Offensive alt Powers into the realm of Power Stunts and only be in debt for 2 pts, if that's suitable/ acceptable.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

sounds good to me
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He's just flexing his Omega Mutant potential is all, clearly.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:19 am

Future hooks/story ideas for Wally:

* There's the 'kick-tha-crap-outta-the-other-guy' workshops Wally agreed to teach every day, an hour before dinner.
* It'd be awesome if something more happens with the South American girl (originally in Brittany's story as a bully) that Wally dove with through the detention portal with. Brittany had designated that she was a duplicator (but her duplicates didn't give off heat so it's conceivable they were physically-endowed illusions. (Move Object, [possibly w/ Split Attack] linked to a Visual-Auditory illusion).
* You already have ideas for Wally's sister.
* Any others?
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'll get a post up after work to roll us along. Get anything else in that you want to before then. You've got like 7 hours or so.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:05 pm He's just flexing his Omega Mutant potential is all, clearly.
Says the player of the character who literally almost bit someone in half. :lol: :D
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:35 pm Immunity Cold - Change to Sustained, leave at 10 Ranks
Immunity to Environmental Heat and Cold - He actually doesn't need the Cold part, and the since I eventually want an Environment power, the heat immunity is mostly redundant too. So, remove that.
Done in the post in this thread. Gonna double check my math later though.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Alright! We have reached an intermission after our short and sweet prologue. The main plot will pick up a few days after these events, so you've got some time to fill. If you want to rp some side plot stuff, you can do that. Flynn's mentioned some side plot stuff he's interested in, by all means PM me if you have ideas for side plot stuff you'd like, but otherwise, have at it. Get to know each other, a trip to the mall is always good for that! :P
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Does each kid have their pwn dorm room or is it a roommate situation (or a mix of each)? Wally would try to jockey for a single room.

For posting side scenes, do you want us to do summaries with all NPC interactions or did you want to do it more of actual play style - we post where we go and you supply the world? The latter could be more fulfilling but it puts a lot more onus on you, EE.
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

For the rooms, students who stay at the school would be paired. There are a finite number of rooms after all and the school houses some faculty as well.

For the downtime, I am fine with either as long as you guys are fine with wait times for replies from me. Not like, excessive ones, just the same as the ones yiuve experienced so far from me. Just keeo in mind the longer the side stuff draws out, the longer it takes to get back to the main plot.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Question.... How long have we been in school so far? I've been keeping it vague but seemingly recent, but I honestly have no real idea. Was there maybe a post I missed that addressed the specifics?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

It was largely left to you as players to decide in your backstories. From what I gathered, Brittney has been there the longest, 2 years I think. Everyone else was relatively vague and seeming like moving to the school is relatively new to them so probably within the last year, but it doesn't make a huge difference to me.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I mean like, how far into the schoolyear are we?
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Oh. Let's say it's just starting for this year.