(OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: (OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:42 pm Hmmm.. looking at Kevin's sheet, he mainly just creates ice, he doesn't telekinetically move it, at least, not on his base level there. Just wondering how you were flavoring moving the big ice sheet.

On a related note, I noticed a mistake on your sheet. His ice and cold immunity should be sustained and in his ice/snow form array linked to his forms, not limited to when he is using them.

That said, you have it at rank 10. I don't know off hand what descriptors fall under what costs, but 10 feels high for ice and cold effects (and yes I know there are subtle differences so you probably did 5 and 5 yeah?)
That`s why the stunt of moveable/distracting.

What Flynn said. But thanks for catch !

It`s immunity to cold descriptor, not just environmental.

(Phone post, will look properly later)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Ahh, I was thinking damage descriptors. Yeah, blanket effect descriptors is 10 like Flynn said. But yeah, should be in the array rather than limited.

As for the stunt, like I said, I'm looking for your actual flavor of moving the ice. Is it actual moving it with your mind, or is it like having multiple ice slides working together to move it? The latter seems more in line with his current power set.

That said, Robbie's got strength 10, so he can lift 25 tons. So you may not actually need to stunt moving the ice shelf you're making.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

If he can find it....
"Something pithy this way comes."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

True, but Kevin, Brittney and Ana can also find him to bring him over to it. :)

Poor Robbie seems a wee bit traumatized though.

It's also a good thing this fog cloud is up 'cause those other operatives are not going to be happy about their comrades being abducted. :P They know it's happening since you guys are talking loudly to coordinate, but they can't see you well enough to place a shot without worry of hitting each other. The other shots were just warning ones into the air mostly.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 am Ahh, I was thinking damage descriptors. Yeah, blanket effect descriptors is 10 like Flynn said. But yeah, should be in the array rather than limited.
Honestly too tired to fix that, but I will.
EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:04 am As for the stunt, like I said, I'm looking for your actual flavor of moving the ice. Is it actual moving it with your mind, or is it like having multiple ice slides working together to move it? The latter seems more in line with his current power set.

That said, Robbie's got strength 10, so he can lift 25 tons. So you may not actually need to stunt moving the ice shelf you're making.
Yes. Multiple Ice slides.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

We're at a pretty good point to forward a bit, assuming everyone is on board with what is happening.

Just to summarize, the fog cloud is gonna take a little time to disperse, giving more than enough time to get the ice platform loaded and away. The authorities that are on the way are also going to be delayed by the fog cloud, so you guys are pretty much in the clear to get back to the manor, just need to get Robbie and Wally out of the fog, but between the three of you that have senses that can "see" through this fog, that's a simple task.

So do you all want to play it out a bit more, or move ahead a bit back to the manor?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

One last thing.... posting in IC.....
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

*Reads Flynn's post. Reads it again.*

Flynn...you are splendid. And that 31 to seal it.

Anyone else wanna get shinanigans in before we jump ahead a few minutes?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

All good.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I assume he made the portal take us all to the infirmary, but let me know if I read that wrong.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 pm I assume he made the portal take us all to the infirmary, but let me know if I read that wrong.
yup. it'll stay open until everyone, and the chain of ice slides make it through.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Where exactly did you make the portal to accommodate a sheet of ice you couldn't see to assess the dimensions of?

*imagines the infirmary, suddenly cluttered with an ice sheet too big to fit in the room knocking over basically everything*
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Wally would create a portal and because of the heat difference between an inside room and the outside rain, Kevin would be able to see it and tell him it needs to be bigger or not.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Well, thanks to a certain GM, Kevin has Reversible on his create, so he can essentially dismiss his ice (which now that I think of it is odd descriptor wise) or i'm sure Thermic could make water vapor out of it.

Also, regarding his Cold Immunity being in his Ice and Snow Forms vs how I wrote it, honest question here. What's wrong with how I wrote it? In normal form he can control his temp to be invisible to infravision but is still subject to the effects of being in extreme cold until he takes on his ice for, (or snowman form). Which essentially means if he wants to pass as human he can't be cold immune.

(Argument that the flaw is seeming more and more to almost be more of a complication - power loss - than a full flaw aside of course.)

I may just reduce that to immunity: Cold Damage for 5 points and call it a day.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The reason it's not a flaw is because he can turn on his ice or snow forms whenever. The only time he would lose access to it is while unconscious, but that goes for many of his powers and that makes it sustained, not limited. Make sense?

If you want, if you can shuffle a few points, we can put you in a tiny bit of PP debt for the rest.