(OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: (OOC) Children of the Atom (An X-Men AU game, M&M 3E)

Post by CaptainChaos »

I am working on some additional stuff for Brittney such as a roommate, other students and her attitude/relationships to them, and maybe her thoughts on her instructors.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Ditto.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

What are the residences like for in-house faculty and their family?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

In all likelihood, considering MOST faculty and students don't have their whole family there, it's likely not an extensive accommodation.

More likely, Ana is housed like the other students (so as to not appear as having special treatment just because her father is a teacher there) with her parents having their own room like other faculty who live in.

In as far as family time, there are plenty of places to have some private family time, so not a big concern there either. There's game rooms and sitting rooms etc.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

If someone hasn't called the duplication girl yet, I think I'd like for her to be Ana's roommate. I have an idea for that there.
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Here are a few ideas for Brittney.

Roommate: Martina Colombari from Italy. Has psychic abilities. Can read surface thoughts and confuse minds by projecting illusions directly into them, limited to one mind at a time. She has a twin brother Enrico with telekinetic abilities. He can move objects weighing less than 50 pounds and can manipulate small objects like buttons, zippers, levers, switches, and tie knots.

Her thoughts on her teachers:
Professor Moya- Home Ec. : Brittney struggles with this subject having spent most of her life as a spoiled child and a couple of years on the streets. She finds Professor Moya to be uninteresting. He is not a bad teacher, just that Brittney has difficulty with his methods.

Professor Rasputin-Phys Ed.: She recognizes that he enjoys teaching the subject and is truly interested in the physical fitness of his students. He seems to put more emphasis on weight training, running, and sports than on other physical activities.

Professor Xavier-Literature: She respects Professor Xavier and his knowledge of old books. She finds the class boring and would prefer to read more modern stuff.

Professor Alison Blaire-Music: Brittney loves this class and she finds the teacher to be energentic and exciting.

Dr. Cecilia Reyes-Biology: Yuck! Dr. Reyes us obviously very knowledgeable and is not afraid to answer even the dumbest questions in class. Brittney finds some portions of the class interesting but the whole dissection thing? No thanks.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Great idea there CC. Going to have to ponder it for Ice.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

CaptainChaos wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:25 pm Professor Alison Blaire-Music: Brittney loves this class and she finds the teacher to be energentic and exciting.

Dr. Cecilia Reyes-Biology: Yuck! Dr. Reyes us obviously very knowledgeable and is not afraid to answer even the dumbest questions in class. Brittney finds some portions of the class interesting but the whole dissection thing? No thanks.
Nice teacher suggestions here. Very appropriate, even though I had to look Reyes up.
Professor Rasputin-Phys Ed.: She recognizes that he enjoys teaching the subject and is truly interested in the physical fitness of his students. He seems to put more emphasis on weight training, running, and sports than on other physical activities.
I don't see him focusing SO much on weight training, but a more balanced approach, but I think you're accurate in that he'd be a bit more old school (or rather, old country) in his methods. One can't argue with results though.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I don't personally know enough about the marvel mutants to come up with more teachers, so I think I'll take a backseat and give Ana's thoughts after others have contributed. I think I'll have her show up to this martial arts night class, but also I had Ana say something to Kevin a couple days ago.
------------
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I did some Google and Wikipedia searches for ideas on teachers.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 pmB but also I had Ana say something to Kevin a couple days ago.
Can you refresh my memory, plz?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Her hoodie felt a little weird still, kinda stiff in place from Kevin wearing it up until just recently. Hopefully it wouldn't shrink. This thing was pretty expensive for her. "Hey, Kev." The girl started, not quite looking at him as she still tried to make her outerwear fit comfortably. "Sorry we didn't get to play that game. I totally would've smoked you though, just saying."

Finally satisfied, she crossed her arms under chest and gave him a partly toothless grin. "Wanna hang out some? Seems we've got some free time."
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Thanks for the poke, I posted IC.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yep, as did I.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Yup. Ya ninja'd me. 8-)

Ideas for Kevin:

Roomate: Bryan Windsor

From Canada. Has shapeshifting abilities. Likes to take the forms of animals, especially mythic ones, but keeps a blue skinned/ furred appearance in all forms. Chose the code name Chimera.

His thoughts on teachers:

Professor Moya- Home Ec. : Kevin holds Professor Moya in high regard. Not for his course which Kevin sees more as common sense than anything (although he does recognize the need to teach said common sense). No, Kevin respects Prof Moya for carving out his own niche in the world. Not all mutants could be obvious mutants one second and pass for "normal" human the next like Kevin, and with his need for tech outside of water that put the prof under even more scrutiny.

Professor Xavier-Literature: Kevin shares this class with Brittney and shares her esteem of the professor and her boredom. His reasons for boredom are different though. He is not much of a bookworm, instead preferring to socialize and be sociable. He does the work and excels, but is nonchalant about it.

Professor Lorna Dane: Kevin has a crush on his geography teacher, plain and simple. He hides it well enough, but it is one of his favorite classes as a result and this is one class that he is trying to tie in to his training with his powers in that geophysics (Professor Dane`s actual specialty) is something that his own power can perhaps tie heavily into.