M&M 3E X-Men AU Children of the Atom (Recruiting closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Re: Recruiting: M&M 3E X-Men AU (Name pending)

Post by Camus »

I have updated Bryophite, added more descriptions to his immunities to reflect that more accurately, and chose to have the reaction damage only triggering when he is attacked, so as to only have two saves per attack when in poison spine mode.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I think Ice is mostly where I want him, pending any requests for changes.

I was tempted to make his non-powered form look like Gregg Sulkin. ( I have kids. They watched Wizards of Waverly Place. I thought it'd be funny given the image used for Thermal. :oops: :roll: )
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

If there are any more request for changes, they'll happen based on the team I pick and be more for team balance or cohesion than anything else. There's a pretty god set of submissions to choose from and some neat team dynamics I can already see in play if certain combinations make it in, Thermic and Ice for example, or either of them with Briophyte (most plants tend not to really enjoy extreme heat or cold). Or Sharq and Evo as a pair of scrappers. Even Helix or Evo's strength throwing Sharq with all her chompy teeth could do a fastball special.

Those are just a few examples of stuff I can imagine happening (Disclaimer: My mentioning or not mentioning any particular character in no way indicates how likely I am to select an submission. These were just a few random ideas I thought of while trying out different team comps. I have at least one for every submission, generally more than one each)
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I didn't realize who it was until after I posted the image and took a good look at it. I looked at lots of pics including some from a show called The Thundermans.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Alright. Time was up like 8 hours ago. I've slept, woken up, looked over the submissions to put together what I hope is a relatively balanced team.

Thanks for everyone for submitting characters. it wasn't overly easy narrowing this lot down as each character had some interesting concepts to bring to the table. Ultimately, I went for a bit of a formulaic approach where each character fulfills a role, maybe not exactly at first, but it's where I see the chips falling as the group gels, with a secondary criteria on personalities and backgrounds, which I wanted to try and make somewhat balanced, which was the much more interesting challenge given the different natures of each character, their experiences when their mutations manifested, how they reacted, how those close to them reacted, and how they eventually landed at the school.

Anyways, I think that is enough preamble, I just wanted to make sure everyone knows that if I didn't pick your submission, it isn't because it was a weak submission or there was something inherently wrong with the concept. If there was, I would have mentioned it DAYS ago. But unfortunately, I can't run a game THAT big on PbP.

Also know I had thought about being a bit of a troll and releasing one name a day, but then realized that would be silly. :P

So without any MORE preamble, the roster stands as........
The coolest guy around that can give anyone an icy shoulder: Kevin Winters, aka ICE
From across the pond with a big ol' chip on his shoulder and everything to prove: Wallace Iverson, aka SKEW
And in the red corner, positively crackling with energy, the walking battery: Robbie Lindeman, aka REDLINE
From the coolest guy to the hottest girl to whom a smoldering look means something very different: Brittney Reese, aka THERMIC
And last but far from least, with easily the most impressive chompers in the county, a dentist's nightmare: Ana Sofia Moya, aka SHARQ
I decided to keep the game at 5 due to past experiences pushing 6. if this were tabletop I could see myself adding another 1 or 2, but with 5 I tried to go for variety in what each character brings to the table powers, skills and personality-wise, and I think I''ve assembled a fairly balanced group in that regard, leaning not too far in any particular direction.

Again, thank you everyone who submitted. I'll keep you all in mind if something comes up.

For those who got in, I'll be sending PMs with any last minute questions or anything else, and I'll get an OOC thread up in a bit to repost your characters.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Very cool looking roster for sure! Enjoy the game folks, I'm sure it'll be a hell of a ride!

If you need a tank with a bad attitude, feel free to send me a PM, I'll be watching from the sidelines.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Enjoy the game. I will be interested in seeing how it progresses.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Heyy wouldja lookit that! (^u^)
I'm happy for the chance to play, but also saddened that I won't get to seem some of the other entries in action. I am looking forward to seeing how things play out, so thanks for giving me Ana the chance Epic!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thank you for the selection and opportunity.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Zoinks!
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Stay Frosty !

*** must avoid Vanilla Ice jokes ***

Thanks for choosing me !
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

With Thermic and Ice both on the team I can't help but think of that Christmas song about the heat miser and cold miser. Should be an interesting team.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

CaptainChaos wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:33 am With Thermic and Ice both on the team I can't help but think of that Christmas song about the heat miser and cold miser. Should be an interesting team.
I was actually really happy Thermic and Ice approached the energy controller archetype so differently, so it's not so much like having 2 pallet swaps of the same character on the team. I am interested in seeing where the hot and cold dynamics of the two contrasting power sets leads.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

EE is there still time to make a submission?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I literally just picked the roster a little while ago xD Sorry man, cutoff for new submissions was 3 days ago.