M&M 3E X-Men AU Children of the Atom (Recruiting closed)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Zero Prime

Re: Recruiting: M&M 3E X-Men AU (Name pending)

Post by Zero Prime »

Ulyana is stated out, and completed with complications, I just wanted to point out her one, possibly contentious power.
Autonomous Biological Adaptation: Variable 1 (Action 3: reaction, Increased Duration: continuous)
Now, Herolab is good and bad at times. A Reaction must have a stated effect, which would be "Hostile or Dangerous Environment." And as the power is Continuous it occurs even if she is unable to take a Free Action, stunned, unconscious, etc ... however, this isn't meant to be, Ha fire? I take Immunity to Fire damage! I am thinking physiological changes, so in the case of a fiery environment, burning warehouse etc ... Environmental Immunity Intense Heat, Suffocation: Smoke Inhalation, so she could operate in the warehouse but if she wandered through a fire itself, she would have to resist the damage normally. If shot and left for dead/dying, it may kick her regen up to 10, maybe even flip over to Immortality before she passed away, but nothing so broken as taking damage immunities as soon as she encounters a damaging effect.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Why not toss "Limited (1-point Effects)" on there?

Not sure I like the having it activate to ramp up Regeneration if she'd already got that, or Immortality in a situation like that, but having her temporarily grab the Diehard advantage and instantly stabilize would be fine.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Sorry It has taken me longer than anticipated, between a first build and being busy at work. My apologies for holding all of you up.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:04 am How long are you looking to keep recruiting open?
EpicEclipse wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 am Dunno yet. I wanna give everyone a chance to submit something. Though, I haven't gone back yet to see if everyone who has shown interest has submitted something already.
Just saw this game, and gotta say... interested. I've noticed in the past the more I'm involved in, the more I'm active...

Anyhow... wanted to post interest and the main idea for a character that came to mind was Shadowcat. Not specifically Kitty Pryde, but perhaps a male version of the character... using the reference to Easter Eggs mentioned early on in the thread... Still reading the thread, so not sure if codenames are necessary, but the specific idea I had was from Excalbur Vol 1, Issue 32, in a dream of then Prime Minister Thatcher... (I know, this is independent of the MU)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

They aren't necessary (right now anyways), but I do like them :P
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I didn't include a codename as I picture Ana as... while not dumb, she's not exactly that creative. Besides, she's only just getting into the school!

...Plus I legitimately couldn't think of a name.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Sharq. With a "q". Blunt, to the point, something someone not putting a ton of thought into it would come up with :P Literally. I put no thought at all into that. She's a shark girl. Replace one letter and you get Sharq. :P You were probably trying to think too hard to miss this one.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:57 am Sharq. With a "q". Blunt, to the point, something someone not putting a ton of thought into it would come up with :P Literally. I put no thought at all into that. She's a shark girl. Replace one letter and you get Sharq. :P You were probably trying to think too hard to miss this one.
That makes far too much sense.

I approve readily. Sharq it is.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Shadowjak has a backstory and two more complications...plus has another picture. Are there any adjustments needed or any suggestions?
Tomorrow

Post by Tomorrow »

I'm probably not going to be able to update Lucas until tomorrow night. I haven't seen a deadline noted yet, but if I miss it, so be it.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I think I will do a once-over on all the submissions after work today. I'm think I will PM you any changes or concerns I have rather than posting them in the thread here.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:42 pm Why not toss "Limited (1-point Effects)" on there?

Not sure I like the having it activate to ramp up Regeneration if she'd already got that, or Immortality in a situation like that, but having her temporarily grab the Diehard advantage and instantly stabilize would be fine.
Fair enough, I could see the cause for concern there, would you be open to allowing it to do a rank or two of swimming, winged flight or environmental adaption as well? Assuming if course it fits into the 5-point budget.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Updated my build with a couple more complications, a pic, and a codename-Thermic.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=537&p=26868#p26868
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

After some discussion, I've replaced by Reaction Variable with a flawed Life Support, and used the points saved to purchase Diehard & Great Endurance. Any other comments or concerns on the build, or background would be appreciated, and I look forward to selections with fingers crossed!
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Anything that I needed change on James Crow Horse/Helix please let me know.