Hybrid: Five Years Later

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hero4hire

Hybrid: Five Years Later

Post by Hero4hire »

HP: 1, Condition: Normal

High School came pretty easy to Jax. He got good grades, he was popular, Captain of the Football team. All of it came pretty effortlessly and it seemed his future was set. That was until he found out he was half-alien from his absentee father. Now the challenge was to not appear *too* good, not to stand out *too* much. He was finding THAT to be a challenge.
"Where is your head at Sinclair??? You shoulda had that one!" a burly overly tanned middle aged man yelled to the teen as he walked off the field. The veins clearly protruding from the temples under a receding hairline.
"Sorry Coach..." Jax mumbled back. He took off his helmet and squeezed some Gatorade into his mouth as his attention focused on the bleachers of fans on their feet, cheering.
Guilt washed over Jackson in a wave of nausea. If he played up to his abilities, even in "human" form, he would easily bring the Jaguars to victory but ran the risk of revealing his all too abnormal heritage. If he held back too much he let down his friends and teammates.
"I will do better!" he said more audibly refastening his helmet.
"Damn straight you will, Son! Show them Midvale chumps who led in Rushing yardage last year. Your last chance to show them scouts whatchyer made of!" the Coach punctuated his statement by smacking Jax's helmet. for good luck. Jax nodded and ran back onto the field.

Perception
StarGuard

Re: Hybrid: Five Years Later

Post by StarGuard »

As Jax nodded to his coach and turned to run back onto the field, he caught the shimmer of something passing through the air. He might not have noticed it, if it were not for his unique heritage. His father had visited him twice in the past year, once on his mother's birthday, the other on his own. Both times his father had visited them in a small vehicle capable of cloaking itself from terrestrial technology. This was different ... but somewhere inside his own alien DNA, he could feel something was wrong.

You are able to track the vaguely shimmering shape only because of the brightness of the afternoon sun. As it settle behind the school's hundred year old library wing you hear a whistle blow behind you.

"DELAY OF GAME ... Five yard penalty

Your coach is furious, Dammit Sinclair! Where in God's name is your head? Pointing to your back up, the quick freshman who transferred from rival Midvale. "Peterson, you're in. Sinclair hit the bench and get your head in this game. I don't care if this is just a pre-season scrimmage, I expect to see effort son."
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Jax hobbled off of the field. A grimace splayed across his face. "Sorry Coach....I think I pulled a hammy! Maybe I should go ice it???"

Ooc: Deception : 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

As "hobble" away from the field you notice the electronic scoreboard behind the goal post flicker and die. Even the stadium lights dim for a moment. Jimmy, the freshman manager tries to help you off the field but stammers nervously around the team superstar, uselessly trying to support one arm and then unsure the other. "Sorry Jax, I've never seen coach yell at you like that before. Hell it's just a preseason game right Jax?"

As you make your way across the parking lot toward the locker rooms, you look for signs of your dad's ship or at least something like it. Instead you see the doors that lead into the library from the patio open, and the chains that normally secure the doors snapped hanging loosely. Jimmy doesn't have your talents and the sound of toppled bookcase doesn't register on the freshman's ears.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Jax grimaced. He didn't know what exactly was going on, but he didn't want Jimmy in any kind of danger.
"Errrr...Jimmy? I think I dropped my phone by the bench? I don't want Coach to yell at me again. Do you think you can grab it for me? I can make it the rest of the way." It sounded lame, even to Jax. He just hoped Jimmy would buy it.

OOC: Deception : 1D20+8 = [4]+8 = 12
Ick!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Lame as it sounds to you, Jimmy is a freshman, a freshman who wants to impress the team's best player. "Sure thing Jax, don't go anywhere without me. Coach would kill me if you got hurt. We can't have you getting really injured before the season even begins."

Even though you might feel bad bout lying to Jimmy you know it's for the best. There just is no way Jimmy is ready to meet someone like your father. High school is hard enough without adding aliens to the mix.

Your not sure what the toppled bookcase is all about, but then again drunk and disorderly wouldn't surprise you. It's not like you have been in close contact all these years. As you enter the hallway you see the library door torn off it's hinges. Something feels off. Your suddenly very aware, this is definitely not one of your father's surprise visits.

Peeking through the door you see three ...

OOC: Roll Stealth and Initiative please
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Jax's eyes went wide. Closeup on his hazel irises turning a deep emerald hue.

The rest of him quickly follows.

The star quarterback Jax is replaced by a larger more muscular green goliath.

OOC
Stealth: 1D20+4 = [19]+4 = 23

Initiative: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6

Activate 2 ranks of Growth and 2 Ranks of Shrinking.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

2 levels Growth and 2 levels Shrinking simultaneously?
We will be having words ;)
Your courage holds and you remain calm as you see the school librarian on the floor. Her head bleeding heavily from a head wound. One of the three using his blaster on a lower setting is cutting through a wire cage door that leads into the library's archives.
Hybrid has the Initiative advantage due to his high Stealth roll and the aliens poor Perception opposed roll
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

HYBRID HP: 1, COND: Unharmed

Jax gritted his teeth upon seeing the downed librarian and hoped she would be ok.
He took a step back and sprung at the aliens. "Yo guys! I'll need to see your library cards!"

OOC: attack roll vs badoon if they arnt minions: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
otherwise he takes 10 for a 16 to hit. DC 23 vs toughness on a hit
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

The wire cage clangs open as you burst from the doorway.

"Yo guys! I'll need to see your library cards!"

The helmet of one of the soldiers cracks with the sound of bones snapping. The alien flies feet over head rolling back over one of the study desk into a case of books. By some miracle he still has his blaster attached as he shakes his head groggily. The other two turn seeing you attack their clutch mate and open fire.

All three shots miss tearing into the desk and bookcases of the library
Badoon A: Dazed, -1 toughness