Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1660
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:54 am

White Rabbit
Status: Shaken
HP: 2
---
Will: 12
Her breath hitches in her throat as she continues down the ladder, her movement slowing down as she descends further and further down into the oppressive all-encompassing darkness. It weighs down as a heavy shroud over her senses, and she looks up to see a pinprick of light miles above her as the ladder spirals high into the air. With her hands clench the steel bars while she was barely a foot from the bottom, she forces herself to shake her head and look back up, only to be covered in darkness as the two boys started to descend.

She tried to kick the back panel open with her foot, but it refused to budge. A spear was thrust without pause less then an inch from her face, spearing part of her hair and tearing it out with a yelp of pain. He didn't hear her. The box was getting darker as more of the wooden poles were shoved into the box, forcing her to use what little contortion skills she's developed to avoid death. Her mouth opened to scream, to tell him to stop, but she could only hear the pounding of her heartbeat. Only a single light was left to be seen, the one shining directly over her eye. A shadow started to fall over her. It was going to-

She slipped on the last rung of the ladder, slick with something she didn't see and forcing her to fall on her rear with a yelp. The basement was cast in shadows made only all the more ominous by the way her flashlight played with environment. It was quickly in her hands with a fumble, the girl clinging to it like it was her only means to combat the oppressive space hanging over her head, starting to gather herself back onto her feet. "D-....Top hat?" She stuttered barely above a whisper, voice gripped with terror she tried to desperately tried to cover up her brief slip.

Smoke, cloves, powder, but there was no rot. That had to mean they weren't down here still, right? Her father could still be alive, he had to be. This really was just another of his disappearing acts. He was fine. In just a moment he would appear in a flash of smoke and the could hug while she cried but then they could go home to mom and she would be whole once again. Hearing a soft sound nearby like laughter, she rapidly faced her flashlight towards the source with a smile at her lips. "I knew you were.." She trailed off. There was only the remains of a vase littered on the ground, the leaves of a flower rustling with the recent chance in atmosphere.

Bethany hugged herself with one arm, and felt a shiver travel down her spine as her eyes started to sting.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Jolt

Post by Camus » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:19 pm

White Rabbit sudden lose of balance startled Jolt, who was very much concentrated on her rear. As the focus of his attention suddenly disappeared in the darkness, the young man was confronted with several clues; there had been something going on here, that the explosion suddenly interrupted. But if their mentors were in the room then this place was surely not their grave, they could have escaped the thin fingers of death's hand here. The mutterings and soft words from White Rabbit reached reached his ears as he was pondering all this, which forced him to re focus on her. She was a mess in the floor. "Hey, you OK there?" He asks, evidently concerned.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

T0DOSKER
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 am
Location: Chicago, IL (more or less)

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by T0DOSKER » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:00 am

The Squire
Condition: Normal
HP: 1 - LP: 0

Jolt turned around to look at Gavin. "You know, I expected someone who lost everything in a big explosion would be more focused on the important things, not the jokes I make."

Gavin tightened his fists and gritted his teeth as he continued after them. He told the White Rabbit he wouldn't freak out, and for some reason he thought that attempting to smash Jolt's teeth in might be construed as somewhat of a freak-out. Gavin was impulsive, Gavin did things without thinking, Gavin freaked out. But the Squire was better than that. He had to be. The Cavalier would have never allowed Gavin to fight alongside him if the young man hadn't proven he could swallow that recklessness...for a time.

Jolt brought his eyes back forward. "But at any rate, you are lucky that I'm here, I might not be Omniman but I sure have resources... And some Intel too."

Oh yeah, lucky me, Gavin thought. "Omniman is smart, above all else. You and I see people, he sees pieces on a chessboard," Gavin remembered the Cavalier telling him. "There is something not right about that man, but he is the only other person I would trust under the hood of il Destriero."

"Those are jokes? Lemme guess, home schooled?"
the Squire asked, glancing behind him briefly. A sudden noise from ahead caused him to whip around and, after a few quick steps forward, look down at the White Rabbit at the foot of the ladder.

"Hey, you OK there?" Jolt calls down to her, a befuddled expression on his face.

Gavin pushes past him to the ladder, sliding down to the ground to meet the White Rabbit. Gavin slowed his progress when he saw that she was now standing with an arm held across her chest, looking wistfully into the darkness. They had found themselves in what clearly used to be a meeting room of some kind, dominated by a large table with several overturned chairs. Definitely used by the members of the Owl's Club, possibly used by their mentors on the night of the explosion. Glancing at the different chairs, the Squire stopped at one that was clearly lopsided. Gavin could picture the Cavalier sitting there, absently teetering from one leg to the other and driving everyone else in the room insane.

Remembering the way she had comforted him before, Gavin reaches for the White Rabbit's shoulder. He pulls his hand back for a moment before gently resting it on her shoulder. "A promise is a promise. Right?"

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1660
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:06 pm

White Rabbit
Status: Shaken
HP: 2
---

"Hey, you okay there?" Jolt's words reached her ears, helping to bring her back into focus. She couldn't let herself be taken in by the darkness, not here, not around them. Not when her dad needed her to be strong.

She felt Squire place a hand on her shoulder, and she had to fight with her instinct to grab his arm and try to throw him into the ground. "A promise is a promise, right?" His words soothed, forcing her to look at him. A hesitant smile reached her face as she placed a hand onto his own, and tried to put on her charm.

"You do this for all the girls you meet, Squire? Don't worry about me, I just slipped is all. If I can best a gang of toughs then I can recover from falling on my butt. I'll be fine before you know it." She lied, both to him and herself. She could recover from some physical injury just fine. But this cut deeper then a purse-snatchers knife and befuddled her more then someone clubbing her from behind.

With a deep steadying breath, she brought her flashlight up and swept it over the room, finding the lightswitches again. She wasn't sure they'd still work with half the structure in ruin, but she may as well give it a shot. Her hands ghosted over the panel as she tried to light up the room.
Bluff: 18
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

T0DOSKER
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 am
Location: Chicago, IL (more or less)

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by T0DOSKER » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 am

The Squire
Condition: Normal
HP: 1 - LP: 0

By the way she tensed up as soon as he touched her, Gavin thought he had made a ball call. He was relieved to see her smile as she placed her own hand on his. "You do this for all the girls you meet, Squire? Don't worry about me, I just slipped is all. If I can best a gang of toughs then I can recover from falling on my butt. I'll be fine before you know it."

"Right. Sorry," the Squire replied, removing his hand from her shoulder as she swept his flashlight around the room. Despite the Rabbit's best efforts, Gavin had seen through her performance. He had felt her shivering when he placed his hand was on her shoulder, and her words were far more honeyed than they had been before. Something about this room had shaken her, but if she didn't want to talk about it then he'd play along. "For the record, I only do that for girls that break and enter with me. I'm a gentleman that way."

As the flashlight danced along the walls, the Squire caught wind of peculiar scents underneath the tones of mildew and cigarette smoke. "You smell that? Little bit of motor oil, from the Cavalier most likely, and...cordite. Someone was shooting in here, I think."

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Jolt

Post by Camus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:33 am

"Real tough eh?" Jolt commented as he walked past the two sidekicks, paying not too much attention to anything. As squire commented on the smell, he smirked "So perceptive mate. Do you realize you smell just like him right? Cigarettes, gasoline and church." Jolt disliked religion. Like very much. Chevalier's holy quest always seemed wrong to him. And that translates to how he is treating squire. He of course was oblivious that the young man felt the same way about the religious quest of his former tutor. But Jolt feels people is dumb and he knows better, to his own detriment in this case, making squire angry was in the least of his interests. But he kept pushing the limits of squire's tolerance.
"Now pay attention to real detective work"

Sense motive 12
Perception 27
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=179825
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

MissRo
Posts: 365
Joined: Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:18 am
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by MissRo » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:10 pm

La Calavera
Condition: Normal
HP: 1 - LP: 0

She looked up as the man approached her. Very rare were moments that La Calavera allowed her guard to drop. This was not one of them, despite the man's harmless appearance.

"You need something, friend?"

FuzzyBoots
Posts: 745
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:20 pm
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by FuzzyBoots » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:24 am

Owl Club Basement

Fluorescent lights flicker on, revealing a scene of disarray and mild carnage. The walls are rough Pune, the floors tile and the ceiling skated wood, but the more concerning scene is the center of the room. There's a long conference down the center of the room, flanked by highjacked chairs, except a few of the chairs are toppled. The surface of the table is covered with curled and crumpled papers which are sprinkled with dark patches of splatter. A faint low whistle competes with the him off the lights. The smell of the room is a mixture of damp, acrid smoke, and a more earthy smell of urea.

Something bad happened in this room, and your
heart is telling you your mentors are involved.
OOC wrote: Sorry for the radio silence. Had to get my head together. Just as a general reminder, Search is for funding what's in the room. Investigation is for preserving evidence and doing analysis.

User avatar
Camus
Posts: 958
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Jolt

Post by Camus » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:54 am

"I hope that's not dry blood friends." Jolt commented as he went over the papers and other evidence in the table. Perhaps there was something written there, some sort of clue that would lead to ... to something! Ideally to their mentors, otherwise, to a body and someone to blame. Less ideally, just a body.

Searching for clues with a 17, and taking good care of them with investigation 19
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1660
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:23 am

White Rabbit
Status: Shaken
HP: 2
---

"I hope that's not dry blood friends." She heard Jolt comment, and she tried to suppress a shudder while silently agreeing with him.

With her flashlight in hand, she slowly started to look over the room for clues as to what transpired the night of the fire. However, she was still extremely inexperienced, and thus produced little in way of conclusive evidence one way or another.
Search: 3
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

T0DOSKER
Posts: 69
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 am
Location: Chicago, IL (more or less)

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by T0DOSKER » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:24 pm

The Squire
Condition: Normal
HP: 1 - LP: 0

Gavin walked slowly into room, kneeling down when he came to one of the chairs. Had the Cavalier sat here when...whatever it was happened? Leaning back in the chair like it was the driver's seat of the Steed, absently thumping the right arm rest as if it was a gear shift. He stood, his stomach sinking as he noticed the splattered stain near the chair.

"I hope that's not dry blood friends." Jolt said as he carefully thumbed through some of the papers from the desk. Part of Gavin wanted him to be doing something wrong, but it looked like he was handling it well.

"You and me both, man," the Squire said, peering at the documents on the table. He glanced up at the White Rabbit sweeping her flashlight around the room. "Wait, hang on. I think I saw something, shine it back there." he said, moving around the table towards the White Rabbit.

User avatar
Doctor Malsyn
Posts: 1660
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:42 pm
Location: Thunderdome, Texas

Re: Iron City Sidekicks (IC)

Post by Doctor Malsyn » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:34 pm

White Rabbit
Status: Shaken
HP: 2
---

"Wait, hang on. I think I saw something, shine it back there." The squire told her, moving up from behinf her. She had to admit that these two seemed a lot more adept at this thibg then she was, but she supposed that was her own fault for focusing on the performance rather then the lead up.

"Oh, uh, Sure thing." Was her comment, before tryibg to refocus her light. "Was it over here, or... Wait, you mean there?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!

Post Reply