Welcome to Freedom City: Issue #1 Peril at Pyramid Plaza

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hero4hire

Re: Welcome to Freedom City: Issue #1 Peril at Pyramid Plaza

Post by Hero4hire »

MOVIES SECTION

Madame Macabre rests a hand on her hip and almost seems to lounge as she looks upon the people milling about. The con-goers are certainly less panicked here. Indeed some are pointing at Macabre and getting out their autograph books. "Ah, my adoring fans! Welcome to FRIGHT NIGHT...FOR REAL!" she blows the crowd a kiss, as she does a wave of dark magic flows from her gesture. As the wave hits everyone they begin to transform. Cosplayers begin to actually become what their costume is.
The normally clothed people are not spared either. Interspersed among the now Cenobites, Masked machete killers, and killer clowns, the people become flesh rotting zombies!
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

OOC:
Everyone roll me Initiative on Coyotecode diceroller please! :)
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Imp Impossible
HP: 1 LP: 5 Conditions: Fine

Looking at the video game characters Player 2 brought forth, Imp couldn't help facepalming. "Not these guys! You couldn't have chosen something else, like an RPG game or fighter game instead, you had to choose these annoying characters. I don't know which to smack down first, you or the creeps you summoned up."

OOC: Initiative check: Initiative check: 1D20+7 = [10]+7 = 17
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Battalion
Hero Points: 1 Leadership: 2
Condition: Normal

As Player 2's hard light construct began to limit the civilians exit options, Cameron thought about his strategy. Imp was already engaging P2 in banter, trying to draw his attention, he needed to alter the rules of engagement, and get the attendees out of the line of fire. "Imp," his voice was low, a stage whisper, meant for her ears only. Or so he hoped. "You're going to have to draw him out, keep him busy, while I get the civvies out of here."

He was concerned, didn't like leaving Sara alone, but she was lucky, so was he. To have a friend like that. He pushed those thoughts from his mind as he prepared to move.
OOC: Initiative Check; FreedomCon: 1D20+8 = [7]+8 = 15
Not great, but hopefully enough to get me by.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Peacekeeper
HP: 1

Genevieve isn't sure what to make of Toy Boy. His little robots are wreaking havoc, but they haven't seriously hurt anyone. Maybe this really is a gentler world than the one she left behind.

Still, that won't keep people from trampling each other in the panic. She'd better do something about that. And there's a flying man in a mask... are they working together?

All I wanted was a nice quiet job to make a little extra money...
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Skarab
[Abdul Garrett]
HP: 1 Condition: Awareness of Sehkmet

Impossible. If this woman had this kind of power she wouldn't be serving as a lackey for this child. I am loath to reveal myself so soon but it looks like it is time for the Light of Ra to shed light upon her macabre machinations.
Abdul patiently awaits for a break in the horrific crowd, ready to test the Skarab's power against that of the movie madame.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Caelus

Caelus floated over, a little perplexed by the total mayhem of tiny toys making havoc. And oh, look, the mini-Freedom League! And these ones were flying. Joy!

Though, honestly, how did Toy Boy get things that small to fly and be so articulate?

His hands twitched as Caelus realized that carefully removing and containing each and every little robot would be... really darn difficult. Maybe Toy Boy had a remote control switch he could snag... But first, the Mini League!
Caelus Init: 1D20+3 = [5]+3 = 8
Well, this is an ill omen.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

OOC:
INITIATIVE
Skarab 25
Imp Impossible 17
Battalion 15
Peacekeeper 12
Toy Boy 12
Player Two 11
Madame Macabre 10
Caelus 8

As long as your action is before a baddie and won't interfere with another hero's action feel free to post.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Imp Impossible
HP: 1 LP: 5
Conditions: Fine

Looking around at the blocky walls, she still couldn't believe he unleashed this. "So, Player 2. Why did you go with a name like that? Why not Player 1, or do you just see yourself as second place. I guess since Doc Otaku is using you as a minion, you aren't mastermind material." Oh, she knows how video games work, she was just testing to see how quick to anger this guy was. Easy to anger=easy to taunt and manipulate, keeping his attention on her.

OOC: Deception check vs. Player 2 to Taunt: Deception check vs Player 2: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Gaming Area

Though she no longer had line-of-sight with Player 2 he responded to Imp's insults.
"Cheeky little Minx ain'tcha!" Player 2's voice echoed through mazelike halls. The villain had a distinct British-like accent or Australian?
"You don't know fokkoll! The Doc and I are partners! I am betting you and your Blind Boyfriend can even make it to level two of my Murder Maze!" he said angrily.

OOC: Player 2 is Impaired to the end of Imp's next round.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Peacekeeper

Genevieve remains by the exit, trying to keep the crowd under control. "No need to rush!" She calls. "Please be careful not to trample each other!" And then, more quietly, she says to herself: "Oh God, this job is a disaster."

There's too much going on for her to keep track of everything, but she watches the tiny flying Tyranny Syndicate dolls. Freedom Syndicate? Whatever they call themselves here. When one of them gets too close to the exit and the guests leaving, she tries to slap it out of the sky--but her slap has enough power behind it to smash a car or knock down a wall.

OOC: 2-point Accurate Attack, DC 25 toughness save. If the little leaguers are minions, she'll make a routine attack for a 20, but if not: Attack: 1D20+10 = [8]+10 = 18
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

As the Miniature Freedom League zip around Peacekeeper randomly tries to slap one of them out of the air. The 6 inch tall Bowman doll zips by her blow and flies some feet away and begins to draw back his bow. The rest of the Tiny League begin to form up to attack.

OOC: They are Minions BUT they have varying defenses however so Random League Member The Take Ten would have missed so you got a roll...which also missed.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Battalion
Hero Points: 1 Leadership: 2

As Cameron connected the cowl to the sub dermal neural implant located at the nape of his neck, there was a bright spot of light in his field of vision and then a pulse as the sensor information began to feed into his brain. It was like watching a CGI scene before it was fully rendered, a wire frame rendition of the setting, he couldn't tell you the color of someone's hair, or the graphic that was on their tee, but he could tell you their height, weight, and build.

The fact that P2's walls, and minions were rendered through the cowl's sensory equipment meant that they threat the presented to the crowds trapped within his dungeon crawl walls were real, physical threats. Had they been holographic projections, illusions or such the cowl wouldn't recognize them, and be able to interpret the data, so he knew he needed to act, and do so quickly. He approached the crowd of innocents, saw a young child, recognized a reflective patch on his shirt, knew it probably said, 'Hi, my name is ...,' sighed, and knelt beside him.

"Hey kid, my name's Battalion, Imp and I are going to handle P2 and his creations, but we can't do that if he's going to try to trap you guys," he nodded towards the approaching video game threats, "so what's say we get you out of here, and you can lead all these folks to the exit, ok?" He placed a hand on the young man's chest and urged him to stand back.

As the daka crystal lens narrowed, Cameron concentrated and felt the familiar surge of the Terminus wash over him. A dark purple-blue beam of energy lanced out from his visor, smashing into P2's digital creation. He spun and looked at the various blocky creations ambling down the corridor towards them, and took a step to place himself between the crowd and video game antagonists.

"Alright P2, your move."
OOC: Blast 12 (Tou DC 27) Finishing Attack vs Corridor Wall: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10 Almost living up to the Lazer Pony comments from the recruitment thread, could have done a routine check, but by rolling and succeeding (though barely) I guaranteed myself a crit, changing the Tou DC to 32. If the wall fails by 2 Degree's the civilians can leave via the exit I created, if it fails by 3 Degree's then the entire section of wall does down.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

The Terminus energy easily blows a hole through the "stone" blocks of solid light that comprised the corridor wall. The hole opens up into another corridor full of people wandering about.

Player 2's voice echoes through the halls. "You think it would be that easy to get out? Don't worry though, my Monsters aren't programmed to attack the Villagers...Yet! However, if you don't play by the rules....."
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Hero4hire wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:40 pm OOC:
INITIATIVE
Skarab 25
Imp Impossible 17
Battalion 15
Peacekeeper 12
Toy Boy 12
Player Two 11
Madame Macabre 10
Caelus 8
TOY SECTION

The miniature Bowman begins to launch a volley of needle sized arrows at Peacekeeper. While the barrage certainly stings it is not enough to do her true harm. However, Peacekeeper's relative immunity to the attack seems to garner the attention of the other "League" members and they begin to surround the heroine.

OOC: Bowman attacks...Hits...Impervious negates damage.

MOVIE SECTION

The Zombies shamble about almost aimlessly while the changed cosplayers begin to cause mayhem among the untransformed Con attendees. Abdul calls upon the Light of Ra and is transformed into SKARAB! All at once dozens of eyes rest upon the hero and begin to advance.

OOC: I am going to call 1st round a wash here since Starguard could not post.

GAMES SECTION
The blocky digitized monsters seem to ignore the bystanders and focus upon Imp and Battalion.
Imp ducks under two of her attackers and they crash into each-other. They pixelate for a moment but then reform.
Battalion is also able to escape one of his attackers but is struck by another's strangely shaped sword. There is a painful "pins & needles" sensation that follows that threatens to drive Battalion to his knees.

OOC: One hit on Battalion. DC 18 vs Fort Dazed/Stunned/Incapacitated