Welcome to Freedom City: Issue #1 Peril at Pyramid Plaza

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hero4hire

Re: Welcome to Freedom City: Issue #1 Peril at Pyramid Plaza

Post by Hero4hire »

Psistrike wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:40 am Imp Impossible
HP: 1 LP: 5
Conditions: Fine

Sighing to herself in annoyance, Imp decided to start cleaning up these digital goons. "Seriously, you couldn't have gone with classic Metroids or early Super Mario brothers instead of this. When we reach you, I'm making sure it hurts double just for going with this game." Unseen, a simple bit of focus on the nearest digital foe wait for the unpredictable to happen. She had no idea what would, part of the digital environment could collapse or fall on the creep, spontaneous energy from the air, or the bugger could even simply derez.

OOC: Catastrophe, Perception Range Damage 9, Indirect 4, Subtle 2, Variable Descriptor 1 [Accidents] Go nuts with what happens, H4H.
The floor opens up under one of the creatures as it steps towards Imp and it falls into a square pit filled with "lava" and disappears.

OOC: Scratch one minion
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Video Game Section

The Minecraft Monsters attack again with odd looking weaponry. As they do hearts appear over Imp and Caelus's heads.

The heroes are able to fend off most of the blows, but Imp gets a hit from a stray "sword".

OOC: Imp needs a check vs Toughness DC 24
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Imp Impossible
Conditions: Fine

Right as the "sword" almost hits her, Imp sees something shiny on the floor and bends over to check it out, causing the "sword" to zip right over her head, narrowly missing her. Standing back up, she has a look of annoyance. "Just a bubblegum wrapper, what kind of person litters at a convention."

OOC: Toughness check: Toughness check vs. Minecraft Monster "sword": 1D20+10 = [15]+10 = 25
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

OOC: Since Caelus is at the bottom of the round and the rest of the heroes are at the beginning. To speed up the gameplay just go ahead and post.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Skarab
[Abdul Garrett]
HP: 2 Condition: Awareness of Sehkmet

As Skarab uselessly let loose with his barrage of Light upon Madame Macabre, Ra's daughter, Sehkmet, goddess who created the desert winds whispered into Garrett's ear .... a warning or word of advice from the warrior goddess perhaps?
http://orokos.com/roll/546508
Expertise Magic [Awareness of Sehkmet]: 19
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Caelus
HP: 1 Cond: Fine

Caelus grinned as the ridiculously attractive super-heroine (or super-model, if he was being honest) looked at him and asked if hew as a hero. Thank goodness, she didn't attack him out of hand because he was also someone with powers - he'd heard that happened sometimes.

"Why yes! What gave it away? The costume? The superpowers?" Caelus joked amicably as he closed in to engage Toy Boy's fiendish creations. "The hilarious one-liner?"

The thunderous clap caught his attention for a moment, and he blinked at the show of super-strength. Then Toy Boy began cackling in true villainous form, mini-boss that he was, as the Mini-League zoomed off to attack them.

He hadn't really expected Mini-Johnny Rocket to run up Mini-Raven's line and start racing all over him, forcing him to squirm and wave his hands and legs, trying to get a good grasp of the miniature speedster and throw him off. Thankfully, just in time to dodge that water - no, ACID! - blast from Mini-Siren!

"Sooo not schway!" he grit as he shook loose of Mini-Rocket and sent out a bolt of telekinetic energy at Mini-Siren, whose missed stream of acid had melted some of the merchandise that had been knocked over on the tables.
Dodge resist: 1D20+8 = [17]+8 = 25
That was lucky.
Blast Siren with PK PK attack: 1D20+10 = [13]+10 = 23
Damage DC 25.

Power was out in my building for a while. Really annoying. Back now.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Peacekeeper
HP: 0 (scene edit)
Condition: -1 toughness

Genevieve rubs her cheek where the mini-Liberty lasered it and glares at the action figures flying around. Fine, then. No more Miss Nice Convention Center Staff.

The biggest display in the toy dealers' room is a fifteen foot tall, metal and plastic statue of something called Brobot. It was brought in in pieces and assembled before the convention began. Genevieve doesn't know much about Brobot. She thinks it's a friendly CG robot that teaches children to sing and do their homework, or something. What matters to her is that it takes up a lot more space than her hands do.

Genevieve picks the statue up easily at the base. "M'sieur superhero!" she calls to Caelus. "Stand back, please!" She swings the statue through the air around her, catching as many action figures as she can in the arc.

"Let's all have a good time!" Brobot says as its motion sensors activate.
OOC: Area damage 10 on the little flying jerks.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Toy Section

Caelus psychokinetically shakes the mini Siren until it starts to come apart. The thing sparks and goes silent as it is psychically pulled into pieces.
The Brobot bashes each little Leaguer it connects with. Only the Johnny Rocket action figure was elusive enough to avoid the sweep attack.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Movie Section

His Insight gifted by the Goddess tells Skarab his words rung true. What Macabre was doing was impossible for a Mortal Magic Wielder. Either she is playing at some sort of Elaborate Illusion. Or the Madame is directly channeling some sort of Higher Power.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Imp Impossible

"You know, using digital foes and environments is clever, but not very effective if you don't know which environments and foes would work best against your opponents. Make one guess why they call me Imp Impossible. You said to play by the rules. Well, I know the cheat codes to reality, in a sense. You, you have to hide behind your creations and endanger regular people just to keep us from getting to you quicker. Why not face us, like a real man?" The whole time she is talking in the direction she thinks Player 2 is, she simply focuses on another minion, wondering what will happen to it this time.

OOC: Heh, only things she can do until they figure out a way to Player 2 without leaving citizens behind and potentially defenseless if the creep changes the rules and attack them with his minions just to keep the heroes from racing towards him. Catastrophe, Perception Range Damage 9, Indirect 4, Subtle 2, Variable Descriptors 1 [Accidents]
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Battalion
Hero Points: 1 Leadership: 2
Condition: None.

Imp seemed to be causing P2's hard light creations to crash, or glitch out, so that was something at least. However, Cameron needed a way to lure P2 out from behind his creations, this maze, those minions. "Listen P2, you're here with Otaku, right?" He hadn't been able to sense the screen when the young man had appeared on it, but he was familiar with the AEGIS files, and he knew the kid's standard operation procedure. "You think he doesn't have an escape plan set up for when we take you down, and AEGIS shows up?"

He paused, scanning the maze, aware that with his hard light creations near anything could happen, or appear from an innocuous direction, or seemingly harmless object. "10:1 you weren't privy to that, because he has *no* intention of including you, you're fodder, he's the big boss, right? You've played the game, you've got to know that man."

He paused, scanning the civilians, "You drop this maze, let the civilians go, and I put in a word to AEGIS for you, tell them you co-operated with us. Way I see it, you don't have much of a choice, right now you're looking at misdemeanors, you hurt someone and it goes to a felony. Cut a deal, think of yourself, because I guarantee you, Otaku doesn't have your back."

"Play smart."
OOC: Attempting to Persuade P2 to release the Hostages, so here goes. Persuasion attempt against Player Two: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19. Le sigh. Dice hate me. Oh well. Maybe he'll think about it.
Last edited by Zero Prime on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

MINECRAFT MAZE

One of the pixelated minions accidentally shoots another with a bow and arrow and the creature de-rezzes.

The quips and attempts at reasoning do not go unheard. "Maybe...but a bet is a bet! Bored with Minecraft? How about something more...hi-tech?"

The maze turns into the inside of a spaceship. Where the con-goers were visible is now a porthole into space. Stars streak by as if the ship were in warpdrive.
No more blocky monsters armed with archaic weapons are around. Instead, armored space marines with plasma weapons.

StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Skarab
[Abdul Garrett]

<Illusions or backed by one of the "Higher Powers?" Capital H, capital P, thank you helpful as always Sehkmet.> twirling in air missing with a swing of his fist as Madame Macabre returns to the stage and the undead rise using each other trying to get to him. I will do my best to make amends if I am wrong. Skarab swoops down his fist again alight with the power of Ra. Aiming at the base of the undead looking to take them down as one ... and incidentally lined up to take out the Madame if they are the illusions Sehkmet says they may be.

"First I will take out your minions and then I'm coming for you. You want to see the power of the Gods of Egypt, it is carried by the Skarab. Demons, vampires, mummies all come from the Lands of the Nile, do you think they did not leave a champion to face them? Your time is short pray to your masters witch." and with that Skarab lets loose again with the Light of Ra (Area Line DC25 magic/light) aiming at the base of undead hoping to take Madame Macabre by surprise if it is indeed an illusion.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:44 am Image
Skarab
[Abdul Garrett]

<Illusions or backed by one of the "Higher Powers?" Capital H, capital P, thank you helpful as always Sehkmet.> twirling in air missing with a swing of his fist as Madame Macabre returns to the stage and the undead rise using each other trying to get to him. I will do my best to make amends if I am wrong. Skarab swoops down his fist again alight with the power of Ra. Aiming at the base of the undead looking to take them down as one ... and incidentally lined up to take out the Madame if they are the illusions Sehkmet says they may be.

"First I will take out your minions and then I'm coming for you. You want to see the power of the Gods of Egypt, it is carried by the Skarab. Demons, vampires, mummies all come from the Lands of the Nile, do you think they did not leave a champion to face them? Your time is short pray to your masters witch." and with that Skarab lets loose again with the Light of Ra (Area Line DC25 magic/light) aiming at the base of undead hoping to take Madame Macabre by surprise if it is indeed an illusion.
The illusion fades as the lance of light cuts a swathe through the "undead" leaving unconscious con-goers in its wake. The Beam itself stops short of Madame Macabre as it is deflected by her Protective Wards. With the phantasm dispelled, Skarab can see the crowd is still under some sort of mystic influence and clamouring to get at him.
"Ahh! You did not like old school special effects of my Monster Movie Matinee? How about less George Romero and more Ridley Scott?"
She gestures and a life-size statue of a Xenomorph comes to life and launches itself forth, leaping and climbing displays and banners to attack Skarab with acidic jaws!

[ooc] A line of controlled people get kayoed. They are unconscious. This isn't meant to be a lethal scenario so they are all "okay". Since you had to get lower to angle a beam to hit "zombies" and Macabre I am going to say you are within reach of the "clamouring crowd" who cant really damage you, but I am going to rule they are leaving you "Impaired" and a -2 to checks due to the sheer number of them. Get an HP for the complication!
The Xenomorph is subject to Minion rules. So his Nat 20 does not crit you. However, his attack is "Penetrating" due to the Acid. Skarab needs to make a DC 23 vs toughness.[/ooc]
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

:geek:
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:43 am, edited 2 times in total.