Falling Rocks, 3E, recruiting

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Thokk_Smash

Re: Falling Rocks, 3E, recruiting

Post by Thokk_Smash »

Sorry for the double post, but @Spectrum, might I ask for your thoughts on my quick write-up? I'd just like to get feedback before I write out the rest of the crew in more detail.
Otter

Post by Otter »

Got an idea for a super intellectual street level hero...with that street being the Jade Emperor's backyard. Still working out what his exact powerset will be but probably mostly skill based with gadgets.

The son of one of the Emperor's MANY mistresses, his enhanced intelligence was identified early (like as a baby) and he was given over to one of the Emperor's think tanks. There he grew up, challenged to constantly learn and solve whatever problem, design whatever solution was thrown the think tanks way. He was well cared for and received advanced tech and modifications to help in his intellectual pursuits. He didn't give any thought to the outside world or what his ideas and inventions where being used for.

Then one day a resistance cell found the think tank and bombed it, hoping to hamstring the Emperor's technological advantage, at least to some extent. He remembers loud noises and lots of smoke and then falling, as he stumbled out of one of the blown openings in the very tall building the think tank was located in.

He awoke later in a grungy room in what he would later learn was the undercity. A woman was tending to his injuries after finding him injured but alive in an undercity dump site assuming Emperor's enforcers had dump his body in the undercity with the trash, a common practice.(in fact when he fell he had landed in a garbage truck, which saved his life) It was during this time with her that he learned of the true state of his home country and some of the atrocities that his work had contributed to.

It was also during this time that he witnessed the Emperor hold the world hostage. Knowing he had to act, even if it would put him in conflict with his "family" (not that he had really interacted much with any of them), he set out to aid the people of his home. He figured a good place to start would be figuring out how dear old dad planned to save the world and making sure it happened regardless of whether the rest of the world bowed down or not.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Thokk- I'm so sorry, I thought that I had responded back but something ate my post. The short of it is yes, I really like your concept and look forward to hearing more of it. You may need to explain some of the finer points of One Piece for me. I've tried it a few times but I've never been able to really get into it. Shonen isn't my cup of tea.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Malysn- and.. who is he? Who is connected to him? What is the story around him?

Shock already told me that s/he will be out this week. I'm looking forward to what Shock and Camus come up with. So far I'm liking what I've heard.

In case it's not really obvious, the Jade Emperor is intended to be Doctor Doom/Lex Luthor in North Korea.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Otter- really cool stuff, the creative juices are starting to flow. The only problem I see- what do you mean that 101% of the population didn't vote the Jade Emperor in the completely fair and measured democratic process? ;)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eh.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Otter

Post by Otter »

Spectrum wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:35 pm Otter- really cool stuff, the creative juices are starting to flow. The only problem I see- what do you mean that 101% of the population didn't vote the Jade Emperor in the completely fair and measured democratic process? ;)
Believe it or not there are whispered rumors of nefarious deeds the Emperor carried out to gain power and that he doesn't really have the best interest of his people in mind when...hold on someone's at the door...it was nobody. Anyway as I was saying, our glorious leader is the champion of our people and the only one who can truly bring peace and order to world. Long live the Emperor! :D
Camus

Post by Camus »

The Black hand. Also known as the hand, This secret society born in feudal Japan in the 1300, was originally a sect of shinobi who offered their services to anyone with a fat wallet. But soon they grew more ambitious. By 2000 the hand was behind or related to every major event in the politics of Asia and Europe. The hand was ruled by the 5 black masters, rumors trek they are immortal beings that funded the hand in Japan but reality is that their positions were inherited in secrecy. The order or the white lotus is an organization born in China, whose goal is to keep the balance in the world. Both secret organizations have been clashing since the immemorial.
Silverfang is over of the 5 black masters whose main nemesis is White tiger, a kung fu master from the white lotus.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Thokk_Smash

Post by Thokk_Smash »

Just posting to say I am still here, and have moar ideas for crewmates (like a man whose very presence no one can remember who wants to make a mark on the world through food). I've just been busy with work and lack of energy after work. I'm hoping the weekend will give me time to work on polishing my entry!
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry for the absence over the long weekend.

Thokk and Otter, looks like great stuff. The creative juices are flowing. Would you like to make sketches of character sheet? Again, pp and pl should fit character.

Camus and Shock- looking forward to seeing what you two come up with. Or would you prefer to be in different stories?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Anything on what I've posted there, Spectrum?
------------
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Malysn, sorry, having a hard time doing anything with it. Thank you for your interest but I'd prefer to see something different.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Well, alright then.
------------
Shock

Post by Shock »

Spectrum wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:17 pm
Camus and Shock- looking forward to seeing what you two come up with. Or would you prefer to be in different stories?
Just speaking for myself, but I think their story is much more compelling if they're together. And, yes, I'm still working on the sidekick. Lots of questions to answer
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Been trying to think of an idea but the only ones that keep popping up are either Prodigy my Paragon Heroine or Grahn an abominationesque UBER powerhouse who takes on the--insert hero team-- here for funsies.

Prodigy would be obviously about rallying heroes to stand their ground and save the day

Grahn would be considering whether to get involved on one side or the other.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories