Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 3
COND: Unharmed

Francis closed his eyes at the impact but experience with the Armada had let him listen in further. "The way you say it though, he'll recover, right?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2
Condition: Bruised 1
Shape: Human

David turned away when the Vindicator crushed the Zoo's skull. He had no sympathy for the drug lord but it was a step he wasn't willing to take himself. But he also got the impression the blow wasn't as fatal as it would be to someone else. "It seemed like he knew you. What is he?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Lei Kung-

The Vindicator looked at the students quizzically for a moment then shrugged. Answering Carnudo first, he tried to keep his tone as gentle as it could be, but his gravelly voice always contained an echo of thunder, which made...comforting...somewhat difficult for him.

"Vindicators kill many people. We are not the police. Our duty is not to arrest. Our job is to put an end to problems the human authorities can not deal with. That solution is often final."

Nodding toward Cooker and Prehistoric he continues. "In this case you are right however...or most likely right. His name is Dakshesh and he is a Rakshasa, one of the shape-shifting servants from the time of Hyperborea. When Hyperborea was destroyed the Rakshasas were all killed. The last ones to die had hidden out in Asia and were hunted and slain by the remaining Aesir."

"Somehow Dakshesh returned to life, despite the efforts of Shiva, O-sano-o and myself to eliminate his species. If he cheated death once, more than likely he will do so again. For all except the Fallen though, resurrection is a time consuming process. The business of returning to life should keep the beast occupied long enough to arrange a suitable permanent prison for him now that Pandora is no longer an option."
Shock

Post by Shock »

David cocked his head, curious despite the gruesome topic. "Are we taking him to the school? What if someone comes looking for him? What if he wasn't the only Rakshasa to survive?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:2 Condition: Normal

Merle watched in shock as the Vindicator crushed the Zoo's skull. It was the obvious and the best solution to prevent him from coming back for revenge, but he hadn't expected that solution

"It's a very good question and we should look into it," Merle agrees, clearing his throat, "But let's worry about that once we've cleared the other threats. Those thugs had a lot of guns and I don't want one of them taking a pot shot at us when we're distracted."

"Counterpunch, Carnudo, I need you two to gather all the weapons and set them away from the bad guys. Don't point them at anybody, and for our safety please keep your hands as far from the triggers as you safely can,"
He considers the situation then continues, "Lluvia, Cooker you'll be keeping watch while Cachexia does a quick round through here to check on the wounded, please. No healing if you can avoid it, please try to stick to standard first aid and only if they need it. If it's not life threatening keep going; we'll let the police and ambulances handle them."

He hated to spell it out, but Lorena struck him as a bleeding heart who was willing to take a lot of pain on herself to spare other people. And Merle didn't think these people really deserved that concern. His own was reserved for his team.
He wouldn't have even mentioned the thugs but he was worried she might start checking on them on her own if he didn't.

"Prehisoric, could you, uh," Merle looks unsure of himself for the first time, "Maybe sniff around and make sure those volunteers are actually gone and not just invisible? And then could you be our lookout for us? Be careful."

He sighed then touched his comm, "Our target is rescued, the Zoo has been-"

He breaks off, glances at the body over Lei Kung's shoulder, "Neutralized."

"The Volunteers have escaped, we're not sure where they went. They just disappeared into thin air."

"There are, uh, more then twenty gang members who are injured and need medical attention and to be taken in to custody,"
He glances at Lei Kung again then deadpans, "By the police."

He didn't have an issues with Lei Kung's actions, but he didn't want his team getting the wrong idea when they were already upset.

"We might want to consider scrambling some people to assist with the damage done by Tornado Allie when she showed up, but I leave that up to the police's discretion, I have no idea how dangerous this area is," He hoped he covered everything, "Otherwise we're ready for extraction."

Merle made a note to pull Scrapegrace back before the police came to "rescue" them. Pulling him out now seemed like a bad idea until David gave them the all clear that the terrorists that wanted him dead were really gone.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Shape: Deinonychus

"They can turn invisible?" David shrugged and shifted to his raptor form. He jumped up to the hole in the wall that the Network of Volunteers had created and sniffed the outside air.
Notice check: 1d20+11 24
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

The Vindicator looked at the students quizzically for a moment then shrugged. Answering Carnudo first, he tried to keep his tone as gentle as it could be, but his gravelly voice always contained an echo of thunder, which made...comforting...somewhat difficult for him.

"Vindicators kill many people. We are not the police. Our duty is not to arrest. Our job is to put an end to problems the human authorities can not deal with. That solution is often final."
Not entirely convinced Ant nodded in acknowledgement, the fact that the Vindicator actually thought that the catman would recover from having his head crushed like an eggshell made it a little better but it still felt like the time when he was told Father Christmas wasn't real.

"Sim, eu posso fazer isso Merle" Ant replied lapsing back into Portuguese glad to have something to do. As he started to pick up some of the weapons Ant couldn't help himself, picking up one of the AK-47s or was it a M-16, he lined up a spot on the far wall he had never been allowed to get close to a gun like this before but then feeling a little guilty quickly crushed it into a ball dropping it on the ground.

Hoping that no one had noticed Ant saw Desiree nearby picking up some guns as well, moving closer to her he picked up a couple of shotguns as he asked "How ah .. I mean you were really brave earlier."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 3 / Condition: -

Gaspar had been quiet ever since hearing the Vindicator say that. He could still remember the stench of burnt fur filling the air. He remembered snarling madly as he bounced around the inside of the shuttle, trying to push his attacker off of him. He remembered the sight of Lioness lying on the ground before him, unmoving. He remembered Importuna telling him that Zehirli's body had been recovered where they found Gaspar.

He reached up and gently touched his face where Lexus had decked him. It had been so long, but he could still feel it. He probably wouldn't stop at just a punch when he found out about his father.

If. If he ever found out about his father. Barring the Drifter arriving in this world, Gaspar doubted if anyone in his dimension would ever learn about his or Tevfik Rauf's fates.

Gaspar had taken two lives. He had killed someone's mother. He had killed someone's father. He could justify it all he wanted--that he had done it to save Tatjana and himself, respectively--but that seemed like a slippery slope. If he started doing that, how long would it be before he was like Lei Kung? How long would it be before he killed someone and just shrugged it off as another part of his job?
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch. 6: August & Everything After-

The police roll in using heavy vehicles within a few minutes. In that time David can confirm that the Network operatives are indeed no longer present. Lorena withholds all except life saving treatment from Dakshesh's gang, but she looks distinctly unhappy about leaving several of them with serious injuries. She looks less happy about the first dozen to fall to Tornado Allie's attacks, for those were all killed.

Meanwhile as they searched to rubble for survivors and bound them, Desiree' smiled at Anton; "Thanks. I just played meat shield and didn't do much. You kicked serious ass." The her gaze drifted over to Angela and she frowned. "I kind of want to know what that business with the knife was all about though. The Network are terrorists and sure...according to hammer boy the Vindicators kill when they have to, but that shot at the armored girl's throat seemed unnecessary to me."

Lei Kung in the meantime had answered Francis's question about the Rakshasa recovering with a shrug. He couldn't be one hundred percent certain the shapeshifter would recover, but he assumed he would. The Rakshasas weren't bred to be immortal, so Dakshesh must have achieved that on his own. As for more? Lei Kung didn't think so. There weren't a great many ways to achieve immortality. As far as he knew, only the Fallen were naturally immortal. The Aesir used the Golden Apples and those were beyond rare ever since the death of Idunn and the destruction of her orchard. The Jotuns used dark and dire magic to duplicate the effects of the apples, but more often than not that magic had twisted the practitioner into a tortured mockery of their former selves. Besides, only Utgard Loki remained alive and he was not apt to share his secrets with anyone. That left the "God of Torments" Yen-Lo-Wang and Lei Kung had not heard even the barest rumor of that being in ages. The longer the better as far as he was concerned.

"It is unlikely any other Rakshasa still lives."

Upon their return to the school, Headmaster Importuna welcomed the team back with solemn congratulations. He had always tried to balance the mission to present the cadets as heroes to the public and to encourage them to engage in public service, with their health and well-being. Despite the mission being a success, the body language of Gaspar, Lorena does not go unnoticed.
For all intents and purposes this chapter is over. Feel free to engage in any interaction with other pc's or npc's while I dial up chapter 7. Everyone gets 1pp. HP's will reset when the chapter advances.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

When they finally return to the school he looks to the others.

"I would like to thank you all for coming to help me on this. It was a dangerous mission, some of us were hurt and I am sorry for that," Merle shoots a guilty look at Gaspar and Lorena, "I wish- I wish there was more we could have done."

"It's easy to look at the bad parts and think about what we could have done differently, but try to remember we did some good today."

"Today you saved a classmate. Today we stopped a criminal gang of drug dealers and killers, and thanks to our efforts almost all of them will live to see judgment for their crimes,"
He raises his voice just a little with each point, to give it a little power, "Today we captured a super powered criminal that made superpowered monsters. An immortal super powered criminal who ran a criminal empire. A criminal who has attacked our school multiple times."

"Try to remember, this was a victory. Because of you we all got to come back and we made this world is a little bit better for it. I-"

Merle hesitates realizing that he's not only lost his train of thought, not really sure where to go from there, and suddenly realized he'd made himself more the center of attention than he was comfortable with.

"Uh. Um," He clears his throat, "Thank you."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

At Desiree's words Ant seemed to stand a little straighter and attempted to to puff out his chest, he even tried not to look in Gaspar's direction to check if the Spaniard had noticed.

"Ah just lucky .." Ant replied and then had to nod in agreement with the rest of what Desiree was saying Angela had acted really vicious. "Yeah it seemed almost personal like they had some history between the two of them."

Back at the school Ant could only managed a muted "Thanks" to Merle's speech.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 3 / Condition: -

As Gaspar hung back to wait for a moment to speak with Lei Kung, he watched Desiree' smile at Anton. She told him how great he had done--and he had--but it still made Gaspar jealous. It wasn't the praise he wanted... so what was it? Her attention? Affection? He had gone from thinking that he could win Tatjana back, to accepting that she was with Martin for now, to realizing that he might never see her again. For the first time in a long time, he was beginning to look at other girls. When Desiree' had flirted with him, he felt... happy. For the first time in a long time, he had felt happy. Now, realized he might have mistook friendliness for affection.

He shook such thoughts of him as Lei Kung emerged. "Excuse me, sir?" he asked. "I, uh, just wanted to say thank you for the offer to train with you, but... I..." He had a hard time meeting the man's gaze. "I think I should work it out on my own. Sorry."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

David was plenty happy to get back to the school. It was hard to believe they'd taken down the whole drug gang when all they'd set out to do was rescue Valderon. "You were great too Merle. I didn't know you had that kind of liderato in you."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

Merle actually chuckles a bit at David's compliment, amused, "I don't think I do."

"I think the only thing that didn't go wrong on this adventure was the part where I tried to recruit you guys,"
He sighs, "After that, it felt like I was just along for the ride and trying to act confidant."

"Of course it's easy to act confidant when you have a T-Rex on your side,"
he smiles to David then excuses himself to make his way over to Lorena.

"For what it's worth, I am sorry. I know that what I asked was hard on you," He says quietly.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gaspar-

At Gaspar's words, the hulking thunder "god" nodded solemnly. Putting his arm around the young Spaniard's shoulder he guided him away from the rest of the group to speak without eavesdroppers.

"If that is what you wish Gaspar, then I will leave you be. I still have particular interest in you because you wield a power that has always been of particular interest to my kind. Among the Aesir, the lords of the storm have always been the warriors out combating those dangers which others cannot or will not. Think about it, Thor, Waukeen the Thunderbird, Ukko, Perun, O-sano-o and I all out there as the vanguard protecting humanity for centuries before the rise of the super-hero. Now they are all gone and only I remain."

Raising the black metal hammer, he continues; "There are two more weapons like this waiting for worthy wielders and I have hopes you will prove to be one such worthy person. These hammers were crafted in Hyperborea and the secrets of their construction are long since lost to time...but only a lord of the storm can even lift them."

Holding Gaspar's gaze he finishes; "I will not pressure you unduly, but you can understand my interest in you, yes? I am the last Thunder Lord and ours is an uncommon power. Before I meet my eventual end I would like to see a new Storm Champion rise."

Shaking off the morose mood, Lei Kung clapped Gaspar on the shoulder. "Of course it's just as likely I will live until the sun goes dark, after all I've outlived Thor and all his heirs as well as Ukko and those that came after him. Hell, I even crushed the skull of Siegfried the last god slayer, so perhaps I should not put any pressure on you at all."

"Now, I have to deliver a body to the authorities and see if we have a way to imprison an immortal shapeshifter."

Merle-

Lorena looked at Merle when he apologized and her eyes were full of poorly disguised pain and brimming with tears. "It doesn't matter. You did what you had to...but now I know why mom said she would've quit even if dad hadn't died. Fieldwork sucks."

Brushing as the dirt on her face and uniform she turned away. "Anyway, I'm filthy so I'm going to take a shower then get back to the clinic...or something. I'll see you later."

With that Lorena rushes out of the administration office and toward the girls' dormitories.

Anton-

Desiree' gave him a nudge with her hip when he mumbled his thanks after Merle's post-action speech. "You need to own your success! Head high big C. You took a mob of ruthless criminals on in their home and rocked their world. You should feel proud of that."

Watching Lorena leave she wiped a bit of powdered stucco off her own face. "Senorita Argento has the right idea though, it's definitely time for a shower. Catch you later, Anton."

David-

David wasn't back for a couple seconds past Merle and Headmaster Importuna's speeches before he got a text on his phone.

R u back? I feel good today. No visions. Want to celebrate? The text was unsigned.

Francis-

From the outer doors of the administration offices Francis could see a pair of very, very long legs pacing on the quad. striding along with those legs, looking upward and engaged in non-stop talking was Raheem, sitting on a bench not far away calmly munching on some Empanadas was Pia. It was an unusual situation. Ever since they'd been assigned to work together during the clean up after the Armada assault, Pia and Raheem were determined to be friends with Louisa, but Louisa didn't want to be friends. Nevermind that Pia and Raheem themselves weren't particularly friendly prior to the assignment. As far as Francis knew, the only students Louisa was close to were him and Jason...and Jason had vanished after the Armada's defeat. One of several students to do so. Pia had been friendly with him and sweet on Wally, but Wally died on the mission along with Tamati. There was a plaque in the front hall honoring them. Pia put a vase of fresh flowers there every couple days, but otherwise didn't talk about it at all.

The whole situation was peculiar indeed.