Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:1 Condition: Normal

"Give me five minutes to explain my idea," Merle says, opening a portal and grabbing a muffin and a carton of milk, offering them to Gaspar, "You can eat so you're ready to go, so it's not a waste of time, and if you want I'll open the portal for you."

"I know you don't trust the staff, but here's why I wanted to talk to the headmaster,"
Merle steeples his fingers, "When we informed him that Scapegrace had been kidnapped he was quick to back up our attempt to save him. A student he believes to be a drug dealer and a general bad seed and he was willing to give us an armored car and a strike team with a Vindicator."

"For a drug dealer."

"Eve was a hero who fought the Armada and who's lost and alone. Even if we can't pull at his heartstrings, having a neo running around causing trouble is something he'll want to stop. And since you're the only person who knows her I'm confidant he'll want to include you in anything that happens, because he'll want to invite her back to avoid any more violence or press. If we can get him on board we get the school's resources, including some of the students, and I'm sure he'll be able to include the police on the search."

"They could search the entire city for us as a part of their normal duties."

"If he says no?"
Merle frowns but waves a hand as if it's not a big deal, "Well, as you said, you'll do it anyways, so we need to figure out how. We can probably get a picture from the files in the infirmary. If we can find any of her personal effects we might be able to talk David into doing some tracking for us, but sneaking a dinosaur through the city might be a problem."

"Now, getting into the club Louisa might be our best bet, assuming we have to sneak in. She should be able to shrink, enter a vent and open a back door for us,"
He frowns, "Assuming you can get her to help. Which may be a long shot. She's... not terribly friendly. Maybe we can pay her?"

He shakes his head, "I'm not sure. You'd also need somebody else to help you talkt to people in the nightclub. I don't blend in that well. I'm not sure who to suggest though."
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 1

Francis slumped back in despair. Why did this have to happen, why did someone else have to be killed now. "Arturo. This shouldn't happen. Why does this happen?!"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 1 / Condition: -

Gaspar opened his mouth to say that Importuna had told him to stop bothering Merle to play hero with him. He wanted to tell the boy that he saw how people were looking at him, and knew they blamed him for Tommy and Walter's disappearance. Maybe they would blame Eve for that too: two people from their world were missing; two people from his world were stuck here.

He wondered if he sounded paranoid. Lex had told him he was being paranoid during that business with Xun. Hell, maybe he was. Maybe he was losing it. In the last year, he had taken a woman's life, lost control of his powers, tried to kill himself, been spirited away to another world, come back, get punched in the face by one of his best-friends, been expelled, taken another life, and found himself stranded in some other world.

He was a psychiatrist's wet dream.

He wanted to say all of that, but what was this point? Time was of the essence. "Whatever you think is best," he said in defeat.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

Merle watched as Gaspar's face shifted then gave his sad little agreement.

Never had he felt so bad for offering to help somebody before. He was fairly sure he should feel bad for it, too. At least pretty sure.

He pushed the muffin and box of milk into Gaspar's hands, then returned his plate and utensils to the proper bin before opening a portal to the main office. He waved for Gaspar to follow him, then stepped through and made his way over to the Secretary's desk.
Waiting until she acknowledge his presence, he nodded to her, "Excuse me, is the Headmaster available? We believe we have located a survivor from the Elipsis attack."

He adds, "One of our allies from the other dimension."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

Accepting the burner phone Ant tried to look relaxed as though he was given burner phones all the time rather than blurt out that he was thinking that Allegra was acting a tad paranoid about only using the phone twice. On the other side it did make all this seem more real not that he could forget the image of Angela trying to slash Allegra's throat with a knife back in the Zoo's mansion.

"Thanks I will see what I can find out." Ant replied trying to sound more confident than he felt, mind racing Ant wondered whether he could just bump into Angela or Valderon by accident .. oh wait was that noise his stomach rumbling.

"Sorry .." Ant said to Allegra his face starting to redden " .. I think it must be time for breakfast. Do you want to get some as .. oh umm .." realising that Allegra probably wanted to keep her presence on the school grounds a secret Ant's face redden even further.
Last edited by Gilliam on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch.7: Some Girls-

Anton-

Allegra smiles at Anton's...almost...suggestion. "I'm afraid it's time for me to leave. While I think Sr.Avilles is a fine cook, I think if you showed up at breakfast with a known criminal your reputation would suffer. Not to mention some of your classmates might object to my presence more enthusiastically than I'm comfortable with."

Shrugging, she pulls her hoodie up. "Take care and good luck Anton." Her eyes squint just the slightest and she says out loud. "Yes, we're done...bring me home."

She promptly fades from view, just like she and her comrades did at the Zoo's lair. It didn't look like Merle's teleportation, but it wasn't difficult to figure out what happened.

Before his stomach had the chance to grumble again, Anton could hear voices approaching the gym.

Francis-

Headmaster Importuna sighed heavily and sat when the picture came through. He looked as downcast as Francis. "Yes, officer I recognize that student."

"Should we...bring him to the school for examination?" The officer asked.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"Well, he has powers? Some of you have been known to be dangerous even after death."

The Headmaster pinched the bridge of his nose between his thumb and forefinger as if fighting off a migraine. "No. Give me the address. I will send people to retrieve him."

After the address is given, Importuna looks over at Francis. "Would you be willing to bring him home? Choose a couple people you can trust who won't become hysterical...perhaps Miss Garcia and Miss Argento...or Miss Hemingway."

Leaning back in his chair he frowns thoughtfully, though the expression is overlaid with sadness. "If you do take Miss Hemingway or someone with equally acute senses make sure they take a look around. Don't disturb the crime scene... we can't afford to garner any ill will from the authorities, but I'm unwilling to leave investigating what happened to Arturo to the police and super-senses can occasionally detect things standard methods cannot."

Merle & Gaspar-

The cherubic administrative assistant looks at the Headmaster's closed door and chews her lip, a peculiar look on her face.

"I'm sorry Merle, but the Headmaster is busy. Perhaps Mrs. Olivas can help you?" Without waiting for an answer, she keys her intercom to tell the U.N. liaison that Merle and Gaspar are on their way in to speak with her.

Merle hadn't dealt much with the dusky skinned Pandora Olivas, since Headmaster Importuna usually took the lead when the Administration met with the students. She did seem to support his notions of community involvement though. Once in her office she looked at the two expectantly.

"Yes gentlemen, what may I do for you today?"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Gaspar looked to Merle. "The hell is this?" he whispered.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:3

David walked past the headmaster's office and saw a crowd so he kept going. This certainly wasn't the kind of thing he felt comfortable discussing with others around, even behind a closed door. Another minute of walking found him outside Señora Cole's office. Sure that Rebecca's session must be done by now, he knocked on the door. "Señora Cole, do you have a minute?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 1

"I don't know Trinian that well. And besides, were-shark Headmaster. I don't know how well that would work on land." Francis had to gauge things. "My preference is Louisa, plus David and Rebecca. Merle to at least drop us off - unless you'd like him in charge again, sir."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

"So that is how she got here.." Ant muttered to himself watching Allegra fade from view, having a teleporter on tap looked very handy but how do I now find out about the drugs.

Hearing someone approaching Ant couldn't help wondering if they had overheard his conversation with Allegra and deciding to try and appear casual instead of attempting to hide started to pick up the weight stack he had knocked over earlier.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

Merle coughs into his fist.

"I guess you two haven't really met yet. Gaspar, this is Mrs Olivas. She work with the UN and is the school's public relations representative," Merle turns and gestures to Gaspar, "This is Gaspar e Higueras. He is originally from one of the other dimensions and..."

Merle clears his throat, to buy himself a moment to compose himself.

"He's one of two people from the other side to arrive here. The other was Eve. She was," Merle looks down as a sudden crush of shame hit him, "She died fighting on the Elipsis. I brought her back to Doctor Argento in-" He pauses again, "I-"

He clinches his fists, forces himself to unclinch them and reaches up to straighten the cuffs of his shirt on either wrist, "Her body went missing from the morgue. At the time we assumed that somebody must have taken the body. I assume an investigation was done, but at the time we never thought to ask."

"Now I kind of wish we had. You know the events of Valderon Marchi's rescue, I'm sure,"
He pauses to let her respond before continuing, "We worked with... Well, let's just say our understanding of life and death was shaken. Not all who die stay that way. Most of us, yes but some-"

He shakes his head, "Gaspar found evidence that somebody was involved in a fight a a nightclub last night, and their powers look remarkably like Eve's."

"Honestly, it could just be somebody with a similar powerset, but there is a off chance that it could be her, that her powerset included some ability to bring her back, we owe it to her to try to find out and find her."

"We were hoping that the school might be able to help with our investigation."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

"No," Gaspar said, shaking his head, "it's not someone with similar powers. I saw the footage. It was Eve. It's her. She's alive and tossing people around."