Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EnigmaticOne

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 1

"I'm not worried about that." Well, time to bite the bullet and say it. "What I'm worried about is that your brother's dead - yes you didn't like him - but he's your brother, and you're acting like the weather changed."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:1 Condition: Normal

Merle frowned slightly at Angela's story.

They were down in the slums. And ran into the thugs from their first week at school. It stank to high heavens. He remembered that there were some rumors floating around after that encounter, but he hadn't been able to hear much about it. But now wasn't really the time to grill her on what they were really up to.

"We are going to need some fighters if we are going back out there," Merle notes, pulling out his phone and frowning, "I have never been down to the favelas, so I cannot just teleport there. I can get us there faster, but we are going to be wandering around."

He looked at his phone contacts and tried not to frown. He certainly didn't have enough friends to pull off a rescue mission. Honestly with Wally missing he had only one combat capable contact on his phone. This wasn't something he'd be able to do on his own.

"We will need to go speak to Mister Importuna," Merle says, opening a portal to the front office of the school.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
Condition: Normal

Anton's eyes must have been as wide as saucers, his fork full of food forgotten as Dee and Juan seemed to be trying to outdo each other, teacher eaten by a giant shark, friend crushed by spaceship, almost eaten by a mountain how is that even possible and the most powerful super at the school is batshit crazy. If Mum had even heard one of those things she would have packed him off to the relatives in Dundee rather than send him to the academy.

Anton and his parents had visited the Munro clan or army as he liked to call it in Dundee a number of times over the years, some of them were loud and fiery like his Mother others huge and quiet but nearly two thirds of them had the Munro red hair and an accent so thick he had no idea what was been said. Otherwise they were very friendly, the weather was always cold and haggis wasn't fit for human consumption.

<"You're shitting me ... no>" Anton looked from one to another "I mean you are kidding me right?"
"Hey!" Victoria slapped the table and her wasps all went airborne for a moment buzzing threateningly, before settling back down again. "They're just being over dramatic. We have problems like any other school..."

"...it's just our problems don't often involve things as mundane as the school dance. Which reminds me, we should have a school dance. Anyway, Ant...I'm sure you're gonna like it here."
"Well that sounds .. just ..." then feeling like he was taking a step into a much larger world " .. I have got a lot to learn and see then but no sharks okay."
They all went quiet for a few moments, then Dee spoke up.

"So, the 64,000 dollar question is...what are your powers, Anton?"

"Call him Ant." Victoria insisted. "I like Ants."
"I like Ant too .." Anton finished off his mouthfull " ... and your power is something to do with wasps and insects right Victoria? Anyway you might not be able to tell from looking at me but I am a lot heavier than most people in fact ...
Ant said with a wry smile " ... if I jumped into the pool I would sink to the bottom .. can't float. I had a car crash into me and I didn't feel a thing then I picked it up like it weighed nothing and moved it out of the way. So I guess that makes me super strong and super tough. What about yourselves?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch 6: August & Everything After-

David Gordon (npc's: Serenity Cole)-

At David's outburst and obvious rising temper, Dr. Cole winced just a little, but neither used her power to induce calm, nor did she try to press her concern about Rebecca's attachment to him. It was possible after all the young lady just had a crush on him and there was nothing to worry about. She surely hoped that was the case and her concerns were unfounded.

Scratching out orders for a "mental health day" on her prescription pad, she handed the sheet to David.

"There you go. When you've got your companion, give this to Senora Salazar in the front office and she'll mark you both down as absent on doctor's orders. Thank you for speaking with me David."

Francis Gold (npc's: Louisa Garcia, Pia Mendoza, Raheem Waters)-

Louisa dumped the wreckage she was holding into the salvage container and turned to look at Francis squarely.

"What do you want me to do? Do you want me to break down and cry? People die everyday. My brother was a bad person who only found god after his powers manifested. He thought he was going to be a Vindicator and he was wrong. He died. Wally died. Tamati died. At least they were decent people. Hell, even that gringa that Merle brought to Dr. Argento was probably a good person. I'll go to church and light candles for them, but Guillerme? They gave him a headstone, which is already more consideration than he deserves."

"You want to worry about something? Worry about why the Vindicators scooped up the crashed space ships so fast and why nobody is allowed to see them. There might be alien pathogens my ass. There has to be technology the world could use on those things. I don't trust it."

Of course Francis knew better than Louisa that Jason Lamperouge...or at least a version of him, had created the A.I. called Argus that was behind the Armada. This world's Jason Lamperouge commanded a legion of robotic minions called the Argonauts, some of whom served on every Vindicators team. Argonaut 17 had been in charge of sequestering the damaged craft for study. Francis had never met Jason Lamperouge. Few people alive actually had. The genius behind the Vindicators' tech lived in a secret hideaway, the location of which was kept...well...secret. Before he had a chance to ponder that any deeper a voice interrupted his thoughts.

"Water?" Pia Mendoza, called out, trotting their direction. "Coffee? Tea? Karen Valentine?"

Merle Tremblay (npc's: Lorena Argento, Angela Zapata)-

Lorena turned to Merle. "I'll go. I can fight. Just let me get changed into something a little less delicate."

When Merle opened the portal Angela interjected; "Wait! Can't we do this without involving the headmaster? He can be a little bit of an elitist and he wouldn't understand Val and I having friends in the favelas."

Rubbing her hands together nervously, she said quickly; "I mean, if we have to involve staff I think Senor Valdez would be a better choice. He comes from humble beginnings, he wouldn't be so judgemental...or Professor Seven. He's not even human, what would he care about where our friends live?"

"Please?"

Anton Villiam (npc's: Victoria Heflin, Delilah Medina, Juan Vasquez)-

"Super strong and tough, eh?" Now Juan seemed interested. "You should come work out with me and Jesus. I'm not super-strong, but I'm strong."

"Don't you iron heads think of anything but the weight room?" Dee said, exasperated. Anton noticed she still watched the squat student flex though. "Anyway, Juan here is a human Armadillo."

"No, more like a human mole." Juan said, interrupting. "I can dig through almost anything." He held his oversize hands with their rough calluses and steel tough nails up. "I also can sense vibrations through the ground, see infrared and track like a blood hound."

Dee waited until he was finished. "Mole man, sorry. Anyway, I'm not so blessed. I can turn into a human sized parrot. It's good for getting around town, but nobody is going to ask me to fight off an alien invasion like 'Becca or her boyfriend."

Victoria waited until Dee finished before she spoke. She seemed to be involved in some sort of communication with one of the huge wasps anyway. The table was silent for about 10 seconds before she noticed everyone was waiting on her.

"Sorry." She said with a sheepish grin. "My powers are all about insects. I can communicate with, summon and control them. Some people..." She gestured to the cafe in general, not at any specific person. "...are freaked out by my powers, but I helped out on Devil's Island...so I'm...handy? I guess. Also not good against alien invasions."

"What do you think, Ant?" Victoria asked. "Do you want to fight alien invasions? I mean, we just had one...or was it a prison break? Anyway, Rebecca, Merle, David, Francis, Wally, Tamati, Guillerme and Louisa fought."

Suddenly she looked at Juan and her eyes got wide. "Sorry Juan."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

Merle glances at Lorena, "These... things are giant monsters with claws and teeth the size of small swords. I'm not really interested in fighting them, so much as I am in showing up with enough force to make them think that fighting will end poorly for them."
Horsenhero wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:42 am"Please?"
Merle sighs, rubbing his forehead as he tries to remember that little memory at the back of his head.

It was Wally, he'd said they'd started the fight over... Oh.

He grimaces, "Angela, I'm willing to help out, but no matter who we go to, this is running all the way up the chain to the Headmaster. These guys almost murdered Kendra, and only ran off when the Vindicators showed up."

He looks over at her, "The headmaster can get your friend the help he needs the fastest."

"Or we can wait while you try to find somebody who might not wonder why a group of drug dealers have come hunting Valderon twice now,"
Merle sighs, "I think that getting chewed out is far better than dying. But he's your friend."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2

"Of course, Senora Cole. Good day." David left the office and headed out to the quad. He was still upset, partially because part of him feared the counselor might be right. These thoughts weren't new. What if Rebecca really was influenced by her powers? Was the calming effect he had on her because she liked or did she like him only because of the way he pulled her out of the visions? He pushed the doubts away by focusing on his more immediate problem. Who was he going to take with him for his day off?

David had many acquaintances on campus but no one he could call a close friend. Especially recently, many of his classmates had been spending a lot of time off campus helping with cleanup from the mess the Armada had made. He'd been helping as well but also spending a lot of time with Rebecca, to the exclusion of spending significant time with anyone else. He couldn't take any of the girls, for obvious reasons, so that cut his options in half. So he decided that he'd grab the first male student out into the quad and see if they wanted a free day off from school.
Last edited by Shock on Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
"Super strong and tough, eh?" Now Juan seemed interested. "You should come work out with me and Jesus. I'm not super-strong, but I'm strong."
"Thanks I will like to give it a go" Ant replied with a genuine smile, at his old school he would have been the last person asked to work out in the weights room.
Dee waited until he was finished. "Mole man, sorry. Anyway, I'm not so blessed. I can turn into a human sized parrot. It's good for getting around town, but nobody is going to ask me to fight off an alien invasion like 'Becca or her boyfriend."
"You can fly that must be so amazing I have always wondered what it would be like to just fly not weig ... " Ant cut off what he was about to say feeling a little embarrassed "Flying must be so cool".

"Becca?" that must be the name of the girl he had heard about the one who is suppose to be the strongest and craziest and she has a boyfriend too, that guy must be really powerful as well or just as crazy. Ant started adding names to a list in his head of people to avoid if possible.
"What do you think, Ant?" Victoria asked. "Do you want to fight alien invasions? I mean, we just had one...or was it a prison break? Anyway, Rebecca, Merle, David, Francis, Wally, Tamati, Guillerme and Louisa fought."
"I dunno I want to learn about how to use my powers and if I can help people then all good but fighting?" Ant sounded a little unsure.
Suddenly she looked at Juan and her eyes got wide. "Sorry Juan."
It a moment or two for Ant to twig that one of those names must have been Juan's friend who died

"Sorry for your loss." it was all Ant could think of saying.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker

"They have their reasons." Francis said. Though he wondered - all those movies about robots transmitting their programming... could Argus get into those Argonauts? Or one of them become another Argus? He decided to leave the matter of Obelisk there, what Louisa had given was better than her simply clamming up. "I'm fine, Pia."
Games
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 1 / Condition: Jerkmode Engaged

"Whatever," Gaspar growled at the headmaster. "I get it, man: you like your puppets doing whatever you want. It's no big. Sorry for trying to get to know someone."

He rose up and looked to Lei Kung. "If you're still down for teaching me, I'm willing to start whenever." He offered his hand to the man and his best smile.

Excusing himself, he slipped out of the office, but didn't stray far--he waited to get Lei Kung alone...
If Lei Kung emerges from Importuna's office by himself...
"Hola," Gaspar said, hurrying to catch up to the large man. "I, uh... I'm sorry. I didn't know there would be... I mean, I just figured if I stopped the storm..." He frowned. "I didn't know I was doing anything wrong. My girlfriend--my ex--she used to tell me that I could help people. I could prevent storms. I never thought something bad could happen by doing that.

"That's why I need your help though, right? I need someone to actually teach me this stuff so I don't..." He made a face. "...screw up the planet..."
If Importuna comes out with Lei Kung, Gaspar will try to find the gym but get lost and ask someone for directions. Whomever you want me interacting with, HH.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch. 6: August & Everything After-

Merle Tremblay, David Gordon, Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras (npc's: Lorena Argento, Angela Zapata, Lei Kung, Horacio Importuna, Juanita Salazar)-

Angela Zapata nodded her head, reluctantly acquiescing to Merle's stance. It wasn't hard to tell she wasn't happy about it, but either her concern for Valderon's well being or her own reputation if she failed to get him help, moved her. Merle really didn't know her, so it was difficult to know which carried more weight with her.

Meanwhile Gaspar had just gotten finished with speaking to Lei Kung, when the silvery portal he'd come to recognize so easily as on of Merle's yawned wide in the outer office. Lei Kung was momentarily left speechless, but if it startled the school administrative clerk/executive assistant, Juanita Salazar, she gave no sign. She calmly picked up the handset for her landline and punched a button.

"Headmaster, Cadet Tremblay is here to see you."

Just as the unflappable assistant was announcing the arrival of Merle, David was slipping out of Dr. Cole's office. Permission slip in hand he was brought to a halt by a veritable convention in the outer office. Merle, Lorena, a beat up looking girl whose name escaped him, that guy from the other Earth and the Vindicators' own "Thunder God" were all crowding the area, with one of Merle's portals throwing an eerie glow over everything.

As the Headmaster suddenly appeared as if out of nowhere, it became obvious it was one of those days.

Francis Gold (npc's: Louisa Garcia, Pia Mendoza, Raheem Waters)-

"What about you Louisa? Something to drink?" Pia asked holding up a bottle.

Louisa shrank down to normal size, which still left her towering over the diminutive Pia. "Gracias. Pia...who is Karen Valentine?"

Louisa asked the question with a bit of trepidation. Pia was gregarious, pushy, bossy and prone to odd obsessions the Mexican girl often couldn't understand.

Pia laughed in response. "Oh it's from a movie. I read the book, Coffee, Tea or Me which is this old book about stewardesses who have relations with airline passengers. They made a movie about it in the 1970's and Karen Valentine was the actress who played the lead."

"Sounds inappropriate." Louisa frowned cracking open the bottle of water.

"It's just sex." Pia rolled her eyes. "I'm going to read Fear of Flying next. Unlike Coffee, Tea or Me, that one is supposed to be based on true stories. Erica Jong was wild."

Louisa shook her head, still scowling. "Nothing is just sex, remember that. Sex is both currency and a weapon and treating it lightly will get you hurt."

Pia laughed, completely unfazed by her classmate's irritation. "It's not like I'm out having Roman Orgies or anything, Louisa. Normal people hook up all the time...right Francis?"

Both girls turned their gazes to the Esper.

Anton Villiam (npc's: Victoria Heflin, Delilah Medina, Juan Vasquez)-

Juan just shrugged in response to Anton's apology and turned his attention to his lunch. "De nada Anton. This academy has had fewer disasters than the others, but it's just because we're newer I think. Our kind are cursed. The best we can hope for is to try to avoid as much problems as possible. We all go badly though. Even if we don't want to be Vindicators, it never ends well."

Dee looked at Juan and cocked an eyebrow. With an almost imperceptible shake of the head, she turned to Anton. "Don't pay him any mind. We all miss Guillerme and Wally and Tamati. All it proves to me is you got to make the most of the time you have, am I right?"

Victoria nodded in agreement, while there was a strange rise and fall in the cadence of the buzzing of her wasps. "We agree Dee. We certainly do. So...Ant, do you have any ideas if you're going to college after the academy? You don't sound like you're keen on being Vindicators bound. We're going to college. We want to study Entymology."

"I want to study biology." Volunteered Dee. "Or maybe be a chef."

"Nobody trusts a skinny cook." Juan said, a small smile appearing on his lips. "I don't know what I want to do after the academy. My grades are...not great, so I don't think university is in my future."

"Your turn." Juan said, nudging but not budging, Anton.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

Stepping through the portal he was surprised to see Gaspar and one of the Vindicators.

"Ah, Gaspar," Merle said as he moved aside to let the others through, "I was hoping to find you."

He glanced over as David, one of the Elipsis survivors, stepped out of another room, "And you as well."

"Could you hold on a second?"
He asked, then turned to the Executive Assistant, "Excuse me, Mrs. Salazar, would we be able to speak to the Headmaster, please? It's a bit of a-"

He blinked as the headmaster stepped out of his office.

"Ah," He said in surprise, looking back to Juanita, "Uh, Thank you."

He turns back to the Headmaster, though he keeps his voice at a level that will allow everybody to hear.

"Headmaster Importuna, I'm afraid there's a a bit of an emergency. The animal men who attacked us at the beach earlier in the year? They attacked Valderon and Angela. They were chased into the favelas, Valderon was injured. Angela hid him and returned looking for help to rescue him."

"I'm afraid I don't know the area enough to simply teleport him out, and the group is too dangerous to risk facing without help."
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2

David paused to consider why Merle was looking for him but before he finished the answer became clear. "I'll help, of course."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam

Not even noticing the nudge Ant was trying not to let the shock of hearing nearly half the students who fought the spaceships had died, note to self don't tell Mum or Dad at all.

Coming to with a start "Sorry just thinking about being a Vindicator, I had never considered it before. That would be really amazing if someone like me could become a Vindicator."

Perhaps he was adjusting to the new environment but Ant didn't even bat an eyelid when Victoria started saying "we" instead of "I",.

"Nothing wrong with skinny cooks although my Dad says the same thing as Juan .." then with a rueful smile " .. and he is not skinny and a cook. Honestly I had always planned on becoming a chef like my Dad and taking over the family restaurant. I love cooking and to eat since I was little. Have you done much cooking yourself Dee?"
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 1 / Condition: Hey, someone I know!

"Hola," Gaspar said, hurrying to catch up to the large man. "I, uh... I'm sorry. I didn't know there would be... I mean, I just figured if I stopped the storm..." He frowned. "I didn't know I was doing anything wrong. My girlfriend--my ex--she used to tell me that I could help people. I could prevent storms. I never thought something bad could happen by doing that.

"That's why I need your help though, right? I need someone to actually teach me this stuff so I don't..." He made a face. "...screw up the planet..."

Before Lei Kung could explain, one of Merle's transmarked portals opened in the hall. The headmaster's secretary--Miss Sa... Sal... Salmon? Something like that--announced the tall boy: "Headmaster, Cadet Tremblay is here to see you." Cadet?

"Ah, Gaspar," Merle said as he stepped through, "I was hoping to find you."

"Hola, Merle." Gaspar motioned to the big man beside him. "This is Lei Kung. He's going to be teaching me how to not destroy the planet."

Suddenly, it got very busy: Merle greeted Lei Kung, then one of his classmates--David, easy enough to remember, then Importuna emerged from his office.

Gaspar bristled at that. He was starting to dislike the man. Any time he could spend out of that man's gaze was welcome.

"Headmaster Importuna," Merle said, "I'm afraid there's a a bit of an emergency." That got Gaspar's attention. "The animal men who attacked us at the beach earlier in the year? They attacked Valderon and Angela. They were chased into the favelas, Valderon was injured. Angela hid him and returned looking for help to rescue him.

"I'm afraid I don't know the area enough to simply teleport him out, and the group is too dangerous to risk facing without help."

"I'll help, of course," offered David.

"What can we do?" asked Gaspar, planting himself beside Lei Kung.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker

"I wouldn't know." Francis said. "I wasn't exactly the popular one at my old school, after all." And not just because he was trying to dodge either bothering Pia, who was a nice friend, or Louisa, his girlfriend. Francis knew enough instinctively that way terrible danger laid.
Games