Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Armada- Aftermath:

[For more info regarding specific events make sure to check the NVAE thread]

Within a week of the defeat of the Armada, Merle, David & Francis could tell that things had changed at the Academy. Perhaps, not radically, but enough that it was noticeable. The Armada ships that had been knocked out of the sky in Sao Paolo had caused millions of dollars in damage and hundreds of deaths. Despite the be efforts of the students and staff to prevent casualties, casualties proved unavoidable. The school itself did not emerge unscathed. In an effort to prevent damage from plummeting craft, Guillerme Garcia aka Obelisk, the physically strongest of the cadets at the academy, was killed. Louisa Garcia, his sister, alias Vantage was injured but survived.

In the immediate aftermath, both Dr. Rosalynda Argento and Lorena Argento exhausted themselves saving lives of the injured. These efforts did not stop immediate statements from the long dormant, but now revitalized Anti-SPB movement in Brazil.

Ch. 6: August and Everything After-

In the weeks that followed the Armada invasion things failed to settle down at the academy. Too much chaos kept rolling on. Headmaster Importuna wasn't quite certain what to do with the refugee from the other dimension who had been "granted sanctuary" (as if there was a choice) at the school. Gaspar seemed determined to do something positive, but he kept trying to involve Merle. The Headmaster wanted Merle in class if at all possible. The towering teen was one of the school's shining lights and his actions would heavily influence the behavior of other students. Therefore, Headmaster Importuna arranged for private tutoring to catch the Spaniard up on the differences between his dimension and time and his new home.

Guillerme Garcia was buried at the Academy since his family in Mexico was poor and could not afford a decent funeral. His friends Juan and Jesus both spoke at the service, but his younger sister declined. Louisa seemed unaffected by the death of her brother. Her behavior changed not one bit from her previous pattern, much to the dismay of her classmates and the concern of the faculty.

Just days after the funeral, Jesus Eguchi was ambushed by a quartet of SPB's and beaten within an inch of his life. If not for the timely arrival of David Gordon, Rafael Cordova and Eva Seguin-Gutierrez, interrupting the attack, he may not have survived at all. Unfortunately the assailants fled before any of the trio got a good enough look at them to identify them. The only thing they knew for sure is at least one was female and all that spoke had European accents, though none of the three students identify any countries of origin. The prevalent theory was it was four previously unknown members of the Network of Volunteers.

In the middle of the night just prior to Guillerme Garcias funeral, the body of the dead girl from the other dimension, Eve Robbins disappeared from the infirmary. After both Dr. Argento and her daughter had failed to restore Eve to life, she'd been kept in cold storage, awaiting burial. Ironically, the only reason she wasn't buried immediately was the lack of people to attend the service. Horacio Importuna wanted Gaspar to attend and say something, but he'd been so busy trying to avert natural catastrophes that Eve's burial had been delayed. Then the body disappeared on the very night Rebecca Sanderson had one of the worst "episodes" she'd had in months, if not ever.

Not all the students were aware of it though. After it became apparent Tamati Stevens was either dead or lost to another dimension, Kendra Knapp hopped on the first bus to the beach. She was only occasionally spotted on campus and griefstricken and furious, everyone avoided her. Everyone except new student Trinian Hemingway aka Shark Girl, who shadowed her constantly.

Kendra wasn't the only student who vanished though. Since the defeat of the Armada nobody had seen or heard from Dahlia Ragsdale, Barbara & Jaqueline Bolding or Lupe Velasquez. None of their belongings were missing from their rooms and except for Lupe they weren't involved in search and rescue efforts. The quartet weren't particularly friendly with one another aside from the Bolding sisters and no visible signs of foul play could be found, but none had been seen since the Armada arrived.

It was into this environment that a new student, Anton Villiam, a local, enrolled. Horacio Importuna was too busy to delay the student's arrival until the beginning of the next year and Pandora Olivas was of the opinion some new blood, untraumatized by the events of the year might do the student body good.

** So I guess, keeping the information imparted above, everyone give me an opening post from your character. You can involve any NPC (Staff or Student) except those whose current locations are unknown**

It is mid-August in Oubliette-720, so winter is in full swing. The temperatures hover around 60-70 degrees fahrenheit/ 15-21 degrees celsius. It rains quite a bit during this season, but the weather is generally pleasant. (if weather details figure into your post)
Michuru

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 1 / Condition: Booooooooooored!

Gaspar had made no secret of how he felt about his tutoring. He didn’t care about the last few years of history he had skipped. He didn’t care about learning Portuguese—he spoke Spanish! That was close enough! ¡Maldita sea! None of this mattered! None of it! This was a temporary setback. The Drifter would come, and he would go with her, and she would take him home.

“…used a 3D printer to fabricate an organic ear from collagen and animal ear cell cultures,” Miss Silva said, “marking the first steps towards us replacing ears…”

He threw his head back and slid down his seat. They just had to find the most boring tutor for him, didn’t they? He looked out the window. He looked at the cloudless sky. He concentrated a bit and watched as clouds rolled in. He didn’t care about artificial ears or an American seeking asylum in Russia after he exposed his country’s spying on known Neo-Sapiens. None of this mattered. They should have been teaching him about the weather—about how to use his powers more effectively. He was sure that if he could make it rain, he could make it snow.

It was time to make it snow.

Rain drops hit the window and Gaspar frowned. Yet another failure. He didn’t even want a blizzard—just some flurries. ‘Flurries’ would be a terrible codename. Then again, so was ‘Lluvia’ to anyone who spoke Spanish.

“Hey,” he said, interrupting Silva’s telling him about someone killing someone else in Egypt, “what’s Portuguese for ‘rain’?”

“Chuva,” the dark-haired woman said. “Gaspar, please pay attention.”

Chuva. Shit. That was close to Lluvia. Did everyone at the school think his codename was stupid? Should he think of a new one? Stormbringer? Too long. What were other weather words? He wished he had his phone. It was across the room in a basket by the door. Silva’s new policy was for him to put the phone there, so that he didn’t spend the time on it instead of listening to whatever boring thing she was trying to tell him.

He looked back out the window. He made the rain come down harder. Sheets of water were streaming down the glass. That other kid—Steven something—turned into water. People seemed to miss him. Merle was broken up over Wally’s disappearance. That Kendra girl wasn’t coping well. Were people back home missing him too?

Was Tatjana? Had she even noticed he was gone yet?

“…Mandela passed away.”

“Who died?”

Silva looked at him strangely. “Nelson Mandela.”

Gaspar sat up in his seat. “Wait, I thought he was already dead.”

“Hmm?”

“Yeah. He died a long time ago,” he incorrectly informed her. “In prison?”

“Interesting. In your universe, he died in prison?”

Gaspar nodded.

“Here, he left prison, became president, and ended apartheid.”

“Yeah, back on my world, he was president, but he died in prison.”

“On your world, Nelson Mandela became president, then went to prison, and died there?”

Gaspar scratched his head. “I think?”

Miss Silva closed her eyes, put a hand on her forehead, and took a few deep breaths. At first, Gaspar found himself watching her amble chest. Out of fear that she’d notice him eyeing her, he promptly looked away. He looked back towards the window. Back towards the rain that was supposed to be snow.

“Why can’t I be with the others?” he asked. “Can’t I just go be in Merle’s class?”

“Gaspar, we’ve been over this. Your situation is so unique: you came here from an alternate world’s past. You have no knowledge of the last few years.”

“So what? I mean, do you think Merle knows when and where Nelson Medulla-”

“Mandela.”

“Do you think he knows where and when he died? It doesn’t matter! None of this matters!”

“Gaspar-”

“Merle and I could be out there saving people! Shit, we should be forming our own Volunteers!”

“Gaspar, I’ve warned you about your language.”

“Who am I offending?” the Spaniard asked. “You? You’re the only other one here! If you’re offended, I’ll stop, but otherwise, who cares?”

“You should-”

“What if there is a tornado about to touch down in New York City?”

“New York City doesn’t get tornados.” A roguish smile appeared on Silva’s face. “In 2012, New York was hit by a hurricane.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. It was a pretty devastating one too.”

Gaspar leaned forward. This was what they should have been teaching him. “How do they form?”

“Hurricanes?”

Gaspar nodded.

“Technically, hurricanes only form near the equator. The scientific term is tropical cyclone.”

“I stopped a tropical cyclone. Well, Merle and I did. There was one in the States, and Merle took me up there. I used my powers to harness the storm and I made it dissipate. No one knows. We weren’t on the news. We weren’t, like, standing in front of a bunch of people and made a big show of it. He just put me on the coast, and I made it just…” He waved his hands slowly through the air. “…Go away.

“I don’t know if it was going to be a bad storm or anything, but I stopped it. Me. If I can get to these things before they happen—if Merle can get me there—I can stop them. I can…” Gaspar rose up from his desk.

“Gaspar, sit back-”

“Thunder.”

Thunder rolled in the distance.

“Thunder.”

Again, thunder boomed. Closer now.

“Thunder.”

The heavens rattled the windows.

“ThunderCats, ho.”

Lightning flashed just outside of the window. Gaspar glared at the woman. “I might just be the most powerful Neo-Sapien on the face of the planet, I can prevent hundreds of thousands of deaths, and you want me to spend my time learning about when Nelson Mandela died in this world?”

Miss Silva was at the window, looking down to make sure no one had been hurt by the lightning strike. “You may be powerful,” she said, “but displays like that are reckless. I need to tell Headmaster Importuna about this.”

“Good,” Gaspar growled. He took his seat once more and folded his arms over his chest. “I’m counting on it.”
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2

David had spent much of the last weeks tired. He had been hoping that Rebecca's visions would get better now that the "end of the world" that she'd been seeing had passed. But instead, she had her worst vision that he could remember. He wasn't there when it started but the attack lasted long enough that she was still in its throes when he arrived. He did what he could to calm her down but she'd refused to share any of what she saw. That night, he slept on the floor in her room. Since then, David had had trouble sleeping himself as he worried that Rebecca would have a repeat.

Now David sat in Serenity Cole's office after being sent there by Mr Hertzog. He'd fallen asleep in his anthropology class, a subject for which he was usually enthusiastic.

"I'm sorry, Mrs Cole, I didn't mean to be disruptive to the class. I've just been having some trouble sleeping. I wake up at least once each night and have trouble getting back to sleep after." David rubbed his hand on his forehead. "It's been a couple of weeks now. I was hoping it would go away but that doesn't seem to be the case." He leaned back in the seat and closed his eyes but they popped right back open. "I don't think it's dreams. As much as I can remember, I haven't had any for a while."
Last edited by Shock on Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:1 Condition: Normal

The aftermath had been far less pleasant than Merle had expected.

In the movies when somebody saved multiple worlds there was usually a celebration, a party, food, drinks, and so forth.

After he'd returned from the enemy flagship he'd had enough time to switch out of his uniform into a clean one and move to help the Argentos to the best of his ability. The rest of the day after that was a series of events which involved either playing nurse for one of the ladies, transportation for people and supplies, and in a few odd occasions he wound up by himself looking after the minor wounds that he was becoming so terribly familiar with.

Like today, so many weeks later.

He looked down at the table where Rafael stared up at him. Glared up at him? Merle wasn't exactly sure if his classmate was sulking, sullen, or simply pouting.

He strongly suspected the latter when Rafael asked, "Isn't Lorena supposed to be working today?"

Merle let out a tiny sigh, before leaning down to look at Rafael's hurt ankle, "She was, but she has been overworked recently, so I am picking up a couple of her shifts.

It was pretty unusual, and had involved a bit of fast talking to pull off. Dr. Argento was confused but otherwise happy, Lorena was happy to have more free time, but his instructors had required a little more assurance. He'd promised to keep his schoolwork up to date, and his scores to this point had given him a little free reign.

"It is very strange," Merle continued as he inspected the injury, "She has gotten a lot of people in to see her over the last few weeks."

"How is that strange?"

"Well for starters this sudden influx of injuries does not happen all day, it is only when she is on shift."

Rafael suddenly started admiring the shelves off to the side, "Oh, really?"

Merle nodded, "Looks like a sprain. Nothing terrible serious, but we'll wrap it for you, and you should stay off it for a little while."

Rafael sighed, "Wish Lorena was here, she'd just wave her hand and make it go away."

Merle blinked slowly, staring at Rafael until the other boy felt uncomfortable and looked away. Then he moved to gather what he'd need to treat Rafael's ankle.

"You know what I think is going on? I think some of the boys are just getting hurt so they can flirt with her."

"I wouldn't-" Rafael sputtered, his face turning red.

"Oh, of course I don't mean you," Merle lied cheerfully through his teeth, "I mean the others. You're just a little clumsy."

"Right," Rafael agreed hastily.

"Still, it is a shame, they don't seem to know how Lorena's powers really work. She does not make the injury go away," Merle started wrapping the ankle.

Rafael winced, "What are you talking about? She makes it go away all the time."

"No, she just moves it. She takes your sprained ankle, then has to suffer while it heals normally for her," Merle shook his head, "Can you imagine that? Those poor guys are trying to get time with her, and to do it they are hurting her. They are probably happy to see her, but she would be starting to dread seeing them regardless of how much she would enjoy seeing them otherwise."

Rafael winced.

"Really, they would have better luck just talking to her rather than getting hurt as an excuse."

Rafael chuckled uncomfortably, "Right, that'd be pretty stupid."

"Well, I am sure they meant well. They probably just did not know any better," Merle said finishing the wrap and passed Rafael a cane, "Keep your weight off it, and please return the cane when you are done with it."

"Right, thanks," Rafael said, quickly making his escape, leaving Merle alone in the medical room.

He sighed and started cleaning up, wondering how long it would take for the next person to show up.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

"So far so good" Anton mused as he looked for a place to eat his lunch in the cafeteria, his tray must have had a double serving of everything on it and then some as he held tightly on to it trying not to bump anyone as he squeezed past the seats.

"Watch out wide load coming through" a boy's voice rang out from a nearby table followed by a girl's giggle.

Pretending not to hear Anton saw a free table and sat down looking forward to his lunch he was feeling hungry.

It had been a little emotional leaving home for school first thing in the morning his mother was worried that he would be okay and kept telling him that if it didn't work out just give her a call and she would pick him up any time night or day. It had only been after the attack from the space ships that she had been convinced that this school was the best place for him to learn about his powers and he would be safe there.

His dad was also proud that Anton was going to the academy "It is a fresh start, you can be anyone you want to be. Remember stand tall, smile and look the other kids in the eyes. They are like you with powers gifts so you will fit in. Oh and try not to stare at any of them that have like 2 heads or are purple or something."

"Yes Mum, yes Dad ... yes I will ring ... I miss you too .. I will be okay ... really .. I love you."

The morning classes had passed really quickly and he found it wasn't that much different from his old school apart from the fact the lesson was all in English not Portuguese which kinda made sense with the kids coming from all over the Southern hemisphere if the school's broucher was correct. On the whole the other students seemed to be like any other kids at school, although the girls all seemed gorgeous and then there was this one girl who must have been an angel, he couldn't even breath until she had walked past. Fortunately she didn't seem to notice nor did any of the other students in the corridor. He never saw anyone with 2 heads but in the distance he did see a really tall kid towering over everyone, that kid must have been at least 7 feet tall.

Hmm whatever that green and brown saucy stuff was it was delicious, Anton couldn't recognise the flovour which was even more surprising, maybe if he got the chance he could ask the chef what it was.

It was then that Anton's chair gave way under him with a large crack sending him tumbling to the ground.

"Oh my god that fat kid broke the chair. He must weigh more than an elephant." the same kids voice called out again with mocking laughter in his voice.

Face flushed Anton could believe what had just happen, he had broken the chair yet Ms Olivas had assured him and his parents that all the chairs and furnishings were reinforced in the school, there had been other students in the past who were bigger or heavier than normal and so the chairs and that were made to cope.

"Oh Phil you are so naughty"probably the girl who had giggles earlier.

As he got back to his feet Anton noticed that one of the chair legs now flatten looked like it was half melted through. Looking over in the direction of the voices Anton saw a table with a couple of older kids probably seniors grinning at him.

"Oh he looks angry Phil be careful he might try to sit on you" the girl continued making the boy laugh "Death by ginger how horrible".

Grabbing the rest of his lunch Anton turned his back on the seniors, he had survived his old school and he could do this. Eyes now downcast Anton made his way outside to finish his lunch on one of the benches in the courtyard.
Last edited by Gilliam on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch 6: August & Everything After-

Gaspar Zorilla e Higueras (npc's: Importuna, Lei Kung)-

The day after his outburst in front of Ms. Silva, Gaspar found himself in the office of the school Headmaster, Horacio Importuna. The Headmaster was, as always impeccably dressed, his hair combed back and held in place with what Gaspar would have considered an excessive amount of hair product. Viktor DeGallow levels of hair product. Somehow the thin mustache the Headmaster sported made his dour expression look almost sinister. He looked a bit like a Latin Dracula would appear in Gaspar's assessment. The younger man had to wonder if the Headmaster ever relaxed. Compared to Importuna his former school administrators had been positively laid back.

"Well Gaspar," The headmaster began in clipped tones. "it seems I am going to have to take a different tack with you. Your tutor, Ms. Silva handed in her resignation yesterday after hours and until I can find another science teacher Ms. Blades is too busy to take up the task. Before she stormed out, Ms. Silva did pass on your concerns to me, so I will try to address them now."

"You know this world did have a version of your Volunteers. We don't talk about them much. The last bunch to operate out of the academy in Vienna were slaughtered to a man. There founder, Kasimir Flaegler was the last to fall, slain by Orkus in front of news cameras. Your doppleganger was also slain, as were Jack Rexroth, Igrit Wodensdotter, Fiore Caspian, Alina Amanar, Doug Droll, Viktor DeGallow, and a mysterious Nephilim who called himself Bran the Blessed after the Celtic god. Afterward, the administration at the academy shut down the program. It did not stay dead though."

"Within a year a group of terrorists calling themselves the Network of Volunteers began to take action all over the globe. It was founded by Kasimir's sister Gitta, who now goes by the alias, Apologue. The Network takes action against anyone they deem evil, regardless of evidence or legality. They've slain serial killers, brought down cartels and freed child soldiers. They have also assassinated members of government they deem corrupt, murdered heads of banking and industry and destroyed military installations worldwide. Sadly, at least four, probably six of our former students belong to the Network. Roberto de la Vega and the Allies for certain and most likely Marlene Mueller and Kimiko Mori as well."

Standing, Horacio moved to the window and gazed down at the courtyard. "So, as you can see there is no need for the Volunteers, we have them already and they are a blight on the reputation of all law abiding super-powered beings. There are cells of them all over the world. They are one of the reasons there are now four Vindicators teams. Personally I've always tried to imbue my students with a sense of community service, but none have tried an experiment similar to the Volunteers, despite the years that have passed since the original, heroic team died."

Turning back to Gaspar, Importuna looked at him with a penetrating gaze. "Which leads us back to what to do with you. Late last night I made a phone call and got you a new tutor. This one should be more to your liking." Striding back to his desk, he pressed a button on his intercom. "Senora Salazar, send in our guest."

The door opened and when Gaspar looked up, he saw a towering figure in stylized armor, with a demonic mask. His hair was long, silver in color and done in a tight braid that hung almost to his waist. Hanging at his left hip was a pair of small drums, like small bongo drums and held loosely in his right hand was a black warhammer engraved with designs in brilliant jade.

"Greetings Gaspar Zorilla e Higueras, I am Lei Kung, Lord of Thunder and I am here to teach you how to master your powers. I have been fighting evil since before the Qin Dynasty put their first emperor on my homeland's throne. You wish to found a sister team to the Vindicators? You'll have to prove to me you're worthy."

Headmaster Importuna fixed Gaspar with another penetrating look. "Well? What do you say?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

David Gordon (npc's: Serenity Cole, Eve Robbins)-

Serenity Cole was aware of the source of David's problems. Well, his stress related problems anyway. She was aware he'd been breaking the rules and spending his nights in the girl's dormitory with Rebecca Sanderson. She was also determined not to say anything about it unless the circumstances changed. Senor Valdez had done a quick check of the room while both Rebecca and David were in class and determined they weren't having sex. That being the case the decision had been made to allow him to continue for the Sanderson girl's health. Now the counselor was so sure she'd made the correct decision.

"David, it sounds as if you're under a lot of stress. Maybe even suffering from mild PTSD, which considering you helped save the entire world from destruction...is understandable. Have you thought about taking a day to yourself?"

"No classes."

"No girlfriend." She said meaningfully. "Just you and a friend taking a day for yourselves. Explore the city. Go to the zoo. Take in a movie. You're one of our brightest students and I don't want you to get burned out. Every now and then it doesn't hurt to act your age."

Opening a desk drawer, the counselor pulled out a pad of paper for writing prescriptions. "Who would you like to hang out with? I'll give you an official ditch day. Doctor's orders. Not even the Headmaster can argue with a prescribed mental health day."

Merle Tremblay (npc's: Lorena Argento, Angela Zapata)-

As Merle was cleaning up the infirmary in anticipation of the end of his shift, he heard the door open. Without turning around he figured it was another in the long line of ardent admirers Lorena and Dr. Argento inspired. It really didn't help the safety record of the school to have the school physician look like Jayne Mansfield and have her daughter look like a slightly younger, barely less buxom clone. Turning around with a sigh, whatever words he was going to say stuck in his throat.

Lorena Argento never failed to take his breath away every time he saw her. Sure she didn't have the blinding beauty and magnetism of Rebecca Sanderson, but that beauty was part of Paramour's powers. Nor did she have the athletic, fitness model sex appeal of Desiree' or Eva, but those girls were sharks in human form. Merle didn't care that Tamati brought Megalodon's little sister to the school...the Seguin girls were the real predators. Lorena on the other hand was a whole different animal. She was like Mother Theresa with Marilyn Monroe's glamor and she was standing in front of him in a sleeveless button down blouse, knee length skirt and sandals.

"Sorry I'm so late Merle. I felt grimy after another day of picking through the rubble and looking for bodies. I just had to shower and change. You don't mind do you?"

"Merle?"

"Merle?"

"Earth to Merle, can you read me?"

Merle was still just soaking in the sight of her, when she cupped her hand over her mouth to do the cheap echo, radio effect. "This is ground control to Major Tom."

That was as far as she got before she broke out giggling. The giggles finally broke the spell and Merle was about to say something when a body launched straight out of the wall and crashed to the ground at their feat. Lorena reacted professionally...she shrieked.

From her spot on the floor, the battered form of Angela Zapata looked up and croaked. "Help."

Anton Villiam (npc's: Victoria Heflin, Juan Vasquez, Delilah Medina)-

As Anton got to his feet and looked for a place to sit far from his all-too-predictable tormentors, he saw a slender girl with frizzy, light brown hair wave at him. She was sitting at a table with a skinny black girl with bright red hair and a short, thickly muscled boy with glasses, bristly short hair all over his body, or at least what was visible and hands that were massive for his height.

As he approached tentatively, the girl smiled and said; "Sit down and join us. The douchebag brigade won't bother you here."

The frizzy haired girl might almost be pretty if one could get past the fact it looked like there were at least a dozen wasps crawling all over her, including some massive ones, the size of small birds.

The black girl nudged the other boy who snagged an unclaimed chair from a nearby table and pulled it over. She smiled too and introduced the trio. "Hola, I'm Delilah...you can call me Dee, this Victoria and our glum chum is Juan. You must be new here. Welcome to the nuthouse. What's your name?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:1 Condition: Normal

The sudden appearance of Angela didn't startle him, like it had Lorena. While it sent his heart rate up, and the adrenaline pumping he was mostly happy for the distraction away from his gawking at Lorena.

Any hopes at looking calm and collected were lost, however, as Lorena's shriek tipped the balance causing him to jump and let out a little yelp of his own.

He took a breath then crouched down to look at Angela, "What in the world is going on? Who did this to you?"

He tried to quickly look her over for injuries, but the surprise and adrenaline made it hard to notice anything but the most obvious wounds.

OOC: Okay, should probably try to check for injuries.
Took my eight different attempts before the dice roller would actually give me a result beyond a blank.
Medicine check: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
Of course it would roll a 1 :~P
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 1 / Condition: What about Tatjana?

As Importuna started to speak, Gaspar rolled his eyes. It seemed the institute still didn't understand him. His tutor resigned, and they were just looking to find a replacement for her.

He was tired of being keep separate from the other students. Early on, he had been inoculated--they thought he might have some virus alien to this dimension, or that this world had a virus he had no immunity to. They had kept him quarantined at first--or rather, they tried to. Merle had been instrumental in circumventing their rules.

Then the headmaster told him about the Volunteers--why couldn't Silva have been teaching him this!?! The idea that Kas was dead on this world stung slightly. He didn't know him well, but he respected what he was trying to do--both for Vienna, and for Neo-Sapiens. Then Importuna told him that he was dead. His doppelganger. It hadn't even occurred to him that he might have existed here.

"... Igrit Wodensdotter, Fiore Caspian, Alina Amanar, Doug Droll, Viktor DeGallow ..."

Gaspar listened for Tatjana's name and only breathed when she wasn't listed among the dead. "What about Tatjana Nelson?" Gaspar asked. "Is she alive? where is she?"

Once Gaspar had his answer, he allowed Importuna to continue scolding him. It felt like he was being scolded. Then, the headmaster summoned a guest: "Greetings Gaspar Zorilla e Higueras, I am Lei Kung, Lord of Thunder and I am here to teach you how to master your powers."

That made Gaspar take notice.

"I have been fighting evil since before the Qin Dynasty put their first emperor on my homeland's throne. You wish to found a sister team to the Vindicators? You'll have to prove to me you're worthy."

Headmaster Importuna fixed Gaspar with another penetrating look. "Well? What do you say?"

Gaspar looked from one man to the other, then shook his head. "I say you guys still aren't listening to me. I don't want to form the Volunteers or the Vindicators. I'm not interested in fighting evil--just Mother Nature. I want to help people. I want to save lives..." Not take them. Not anymore. "I figure if we keep at this--popping up where the situation is darkest--there's a chance I might run into the Drifter. If I can get into contact with her, I might be able to get home, and you can get Wally and Steve back."

He rose up and looked to Lei Kung. "In the meantime, I definitely could use your help in learning how to better use my powers, but I'm not interested in fighting evil. Like I said: I think I can help people." He thought for a second. "I know I'm helping people. Merle and I... we did good stopping that hurricane. We could do a lot more if they'd let us."
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

David frowned. A day away from the school, to explore or whatever, and he could take anyone with him except Rebecca? Was he spending too much time with her? He couldn't deny that helping her was stressful at times but what else could he do? And regardless of that, he really liked her. Spending time with her, visions aside, was the best part of his day.

"I... had not considered that." David rested his head in his hand, elbow supported by the armrest. "I will admit a day away from school, without worry of homework, would be nice. But surely it would be nicer with Rebecca at my side. She is mi melhor amiga. Why should I go without her?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker

Francis had to deal with the mess that happened, seeing more people die in front of him - though this time he wasn't the killer. What he was doing was spending a lot of time with Louisa, dancing around the elephant in the room, the lack of response to her brother's death. He'd known that their relationship was in the dumps, that it went back to the unpleasantness in their gang history.

But at the same time, it was freaky. He still was her brother. Unfortunately, Francis had no way he felt comfortable broaching it.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
Condition: Normal

Seeing the girl wave at him Anton was about to pretend he didn't see her and continue on but recalling his father's words to him earlier that day decided to approach the table, for all he knew that other boy may be the school practical joker and he couldn't let one instance ruin everything.
As he approached tentatively, the girl smiled and said; "Sit down and join us. The douchebag brigade won't bother you here."
<"Thank you"> Anton replied in Portuguese instinctively before repeating himself in English with a noticeable Scottish burr.
The black girl nudged the other boy who snagged an unclaimed chair from a nearby table and pulled it over. She smiled too and introduced the trio. "Hola, I'm Delilah...you can call me Dee, this Victoria and our glum chum is Juan. You must be new here. Welcome to the nuthouse. What's your name?"
Seeing that the other 2 students weren't taking any notice of the wasps Anton decided to try and pretend that they weren't crawling all over Victoria even though some were the size of a bird.

"Hola Dee, Victoria, Juan .. " repeat new people's names when you first met them it makes it easier to remember them was another saying of his Dads "I'm Anton and yeah this is my first day here. After all the crazy stuff recently Mum thought it might be best if I came to the school to learn how to use my powers and the school said I could join now rather than wait for the new year. How about youselves, you being here long, whats the school like?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras (npc's: Horacio Importuna, Lei Kung)-

The huge Asian frowns at Gapar's declaration and starts to raise a finger as if to drive home a point, but the Headmaster speaks first.

"If it will settle your mind, I will see if I can find any information in the school data files regarding the fate of Tatjana. It will take just a minute to..."

He trails off as he taps away at the key board on the tablet on his desk.

"Ah, here we go. Tatjana Nelson-Whitestone lives in New York City and teaches at the New Vindicators' Academy of America. She lives there with her wife and 2 children and is guardian of her sister Sarah. Are you happy?"

Whatever Gaspars answer, Lei Kung steps forward and speaks. "If this Drifter whom you want to attract is drawn to cataclysmic events, then fighting hurricanes will most likely succeed at bringing her, but not in the way you may believe. Do you realize what you are risking by interfering with large scale natural weather patterns? Do it once? Fine. Do it a few times? Probably not a big problem. Do it repeatedly and you repeat what the 10th Adad* accomplished, which was a massive storm and flood that drowned the land from Greece to Northern Africa and all way from the Aegean Sea to the steppes of Central Asia."

"Noah's flood from the bible is actually based on a real event brought about by an arrogant weather controller who believed he could manipulate the world's weather without consequence. He disrupted the natural weather patterns so badly that when nature struck back it wiped out massive swaths of established civilizations. In the end Odin, Anu, Thor, Perun and I were forced to kill him. So, yes disrupting hurricanes could save lives, but you must be careful to only blunt them somewhat, not disperse them entirely...or the villain your Drifter comes to stop, will be you."

Headmaster Importuna clears his throat. "It matters little anyway, because I am not going to assign Merle, a first year student with enough responsibilities anyway...as your personal taxi because you will not even try to adjust to your new circumstances. Lei Kung has agreed to train you if you would like, AND I will allow you to audit some classes if it pleases you, but I will not stand for a wholesale disruption of other students' lives to serve your selfishness."
Adad- An ancient Mesopotamian Sky/Storm deity.
Merle Tremblay (npc's: Lorena Argento, Angela Zapata)-

Angela doesn't resist as Merle and Lorena help her up. She is shaking from either fear or exhaustion or both. Sitting down on the bed in the infirmary she gratefully accepts a bottle of water from the buxom blonde. Merle had to wait for her to calm down to tell her story, but examining her in the meantime, he could tell her wounds were mostly superficial, though she did have a couple deep puncture wounds that appeared to be bites.

"We have to get Valderon! I left him hidden, but they could find him!"

"Who could find him?" Prompted Lorena.

"Those animal men! The same ones that tried to get him at the beach earlier this year. We were up north in the favelas..." Angela stops for a moment, her eyes darting from Lorena to Merle, before focusing on the cabinetry. "...visiting friends. Visiting friends, because Valderon and I...we are not elitist, so we have friends in the favelas."

"Anyway, we were just about to catch a bus back when these animal men came pouring out of nowhere and jumped us. My powers were enough to save me, but Valderon...his luck turned sour. I was able to distract the animal men from him and drag him to safety, but I couldn't get him back here and if I stayed solid the beasts would have got me."

"It's taken hours to get back here and Val could be dead!" Looking at Merle she grabbed his arm and squeezed. "You met those things, right? The animal men that tried to kill Valderon, because he...he...he said the wrong thing to a monster!"

"You have to help me save him!"

Francis Gold (npc's: Louisa Garcia, Pia Mendoza, Raheem Waters)-

At just over 6 meters tall, Louisa Garcia was impossible to miss during the clean up efforts. So much attention did she attract that wherever she worked crowds soon gathered. Sao Paolo is a huge city and even though most of the paulistanos were well aware of the SPB presence in the city, most had also never seen one in person, that they knew of. Needless to say, cameras and smart phones were out and the giant girl was gaining far more notoriety that she ever wanted. She visibly bristled at the sight of the crowd, but kept her mind focused on the task at hand. Of course much of the rubble was beyond even her prodigious strength, so Francis Gold was able to carve the larger chunks down to manageable size, while Raheem Waters speed let him clean up to small detritus at mind numbing speed. Pia was there to handle any odd clean up needs and dole out snacks and water from the battered cooler to her classmates when needed.

Pia was over nearer to where Raheem was working candy bars and bottled water in hand giving Francis and Louisa something close to privacy. It made no real sense since the Caribe' youth could fetch any snacks and return to work far more efficiently than Pia could clamber over the rubble to give them out. Since the others were distant Louisa took the moment to grumble to Francis.

"Aii, Francisco I know why you are here. I don't need a nanny. I am fine. See? I haven't squashed a tourista all day."
Last edited by Horsenhero on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

David Gordon (npc's: Serenity Cole)-

Dr. Cole leaned back in her chair and studied David for several seconds, before taking off her glasses and cleaning them absently with a small chamois.

"I'm guessing Rebecca hasn't told you much about herself has she? I know the staff won't talk about her to most students because we're under orders not to. I'm going to violate those orders for you David, because you of all people need to know. Rebecca has bonded with...to...you and that puts you in a circumstance the school has never had to deal with before when it comes to Senorita Sanderson."

Sliding her glasses back on she steeples her fingers in front of her fixes David with a sympathetic gaze. "All of Rebecca Sanderson's powers should have started and ended with her charisma. Her family has always displayed inhuman levels of personal magnetism to the point where anything that involves human communication, they are successes at. her parents, much like your parents are scientists...anthropologists to be precise. They've always been good at the politics involved in coordinating international efforts in anthropology and archeology...for obvious reasons. They don't directly influence the mind, but they are...well...her mother is...so persuasive nobody can tell her no to her face."

"Anyway, they were in Iran when they heard rumor of a new archeological find that would affect our cultural understanding of the Yazhidi people as well. Someone had found an ancient temple, which had been bricked in and marked with warning markers by the Poor Knights of St. John...the Knights Templar in common parlance. The warnings told of a scroll or tablet that was sacred to the Yazhidi Demon. That would likely have referred to Melek Taus, also called the Peacock Angel. In Yazhidi theology, Melek Taus was the only angel that god did not command to bow before man because Melek Taus was the angel from god would construct the universe. Melek Taus is the mightiest and yet most encountered of all angels because Melek Taus is everything and everything that exists is part of Melek Taus."

"You can understand why the Crusaders would have wanted to lock this away, because it would be heresy in the eyes of the church."

"So, the Sanderson's with Rebecca in tow, accompanied their Iranian guides to this newly discovered site. Everyone was really excited. From here on in the tale gets a bit confused, since nobody there remembers exactly the chain of events. We know they disregarded the warnings and opened the shrine back up. We know everyone was grievously injured during an earthquake that hit the area, collapsing the shrine. We believe Rebecca actually came in contact with this scroll or tablet and since then...there hasn't been anything she cannot accomplish. Her powers have no measurable limit or quantifiable source...and I'm worried about what her fixation on you might mean."

"Certainly your lack of dreams might be the result of stress..or PTSD, but it could also be an unforeseen side effect of constant proximity to and attention from Rebecca. So I'd like you to take a little time away from her. Just a day and see if that doesn't help."

"Oh, and David...what we discussed here you don't speak about with anyone. Most of the staff know the truth, but only a couple students do and we don't want any wild speculation going on. The other students can be frightened enough when it comes to Rebecca. We don't want to make it worse."

Anton Villiam (npc's: Delilah Medina, Juan Vasquez, Victoria Heflin)-

At Anton's question, the other three gave him some strange looks. Finally, Juan just shrugged.

"It's school. School sucks."

Victoria favored the short, thick boy with a little smile. "Oh Juan it's not that bad. It's like any other Vindicators Academy Ant. Some days it's boring, other days we're fighting off an impending apocalypse while trying to get our homework done. It's isn't as tragic as Digger would suggest."

"My best friend got killed by a crashing spaceship and my other best friend got beaten within an inch of his life."

"My favorite teacher got eaten by a giant shark." Dee added.

Juan could feel momentum building now. "Our most powerful speeb is loco."

"We almost got sacrificed to a homicidal mountain."

"Hey!" Victoria slapped the table and her wasps all went airborne for a moment buzzing threateningly, before settling back down again. "They're just being over dramatic. We have problems like any other school..."

"A body disappeared from the morgue." Juan persisted.

"...it's just our problems don't often involve things as mundane as the school dance. Which reminds me, we should have a school dance. Anyway, Ant...I'm sure you're gonna like it here."

They all went quiet for a few moments, then Dee spoke up.

"So, the 64,000 dollar question is...what are your powers, Anton?"

"Call him Ant." Victoria insisted. "I like Ants."
Shock

Post by Shock »

David was scowling by the time Senora Cole finished talking. "Senora Cole, I don't like what you're implying about Rebecca's fixation on me." He stressed the word 'fixation' with heavy sarcasm. "We are a boy and a girl who like each other and help each other. I hear what the other students say about her, about us, but I don't care. I'm happy with our relationship and I think that Rebecca is too." He sighed heavily. "I will do as you ask. I admit that the stress of worrying about her visions may be affecting my sleep."

David stood, ready to leave. "Please sign your note and I'll find someone to come with me on my day off."