Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:1 Condition: Normal

Merle sat by one of the tiny portals, using the opportunity to expand his area of influence.

Not that he wanted to come back this way anytime soon, but having options was always beneficial.

He grimaced as he looked at the housing.

When they finally rolled to a stop he took in the area and listened to Desiree's thoughts.

"You make a good Point," He says with a nod, "Let's park and secure it here. It was only supposed to get use close without getting shot at, and it's accomplished that."

"Do you think we can leave it here safely, or do we need to send it back?"

He looked at Angela and his worries expanded. She looked like she was ready to panic.

"Now that we're here it'd probably be best for you to report back to the Doctor. I can open a portal for you back to the school,"
He offers, "We can take it from here."

Turning to face the others he continued, "They're going to know we're here so we'll most likely be facing an ambush. Prehistoric," he noted that codename was a mouthful, "Since you can track we'll need you to take the lead. Sorry."

"We're not a trained team, so let's use the buddy system. Stick with them, keep track of them, and cover your buddy."

"You've got fifteen seconds to pick somebody before I pick teams for you. Then we move out."

Small teams had a better chance of people keeping track of each other than hoping that everybody would be able to keep track of everybody on teh entire team in the middle of chaos.He also had a reason for how the teams were being picked beyond a lack of interest in picking partners. He was hoping that the people who were comfortable working together would gravitate to each other. They'd work better as teams naturally if they wanted to work with their partner, and felt comfortable with them.
At least that was his hope.

He really hadn't been trained for this kind of thing.
Shock

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2

David nodded then looked at Angela. "I need a scent to track. Have you got anything of his, or were you in close contact with him?"
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
HP: 1
Condition: Normal

Sitting at the back of the APC Ant tried to make himself as small as possible worried about bumping people as the APC wound its way through the narrow streets.

This was the first time he had been so far into the favelas, his parents had been very firm that they weren't safe so for a while he kept gawking through the nearest window out of curiosity yet his eyes kept coming back to stare at the back of Desiree's head. There was just something about Desiree that attracted his attention like a moth to a flame.
Merle wrote: "Since you can track we'll need you to take the lead. Sorry."

"We're not a trained team, so let's use the buddy system. Stick with them, keep track of them, and cover your buddy."

"You've got fifteen seconds to pick somebody before I pick teams for you. Then we move out."
Knowing that everyone else was much more experienced than he was Ant kept quiet waiting to be told what to do.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch 6: August & Everything After-

PC's: All (npc's: Lorena Argento, Lei Kung, Desiree Seguin, Angela Zapata)-

After listening to Merle, the interior of the APC was awash in an increasingly uncomfortable silence. Lei Kung merely leaned back and let his gaze flit from student to student. His posture was relaxed, projecting no anxiety or urgency, nor was he particularly sympathetic in bearing as the team tried to work out what to do in their heads.

Finally, Desiree rolled her eyes and spoke up. "I honestly think I should stay with the APC to guard against any sabotage. I don't think we can send it back and have you teleport it back here when we need it...because if you get hurt, Merle and for some reason Lorena can't help you we need the truck on site. Personally I'd love to do a little scrapping with the Zoo and his creations. I wouldn't mind putting him and his gang in their place, but I'm the only experienced driver here."

Angela shot a worried look at Counterpunch. The taller girl was usually the epitome of over confidence, so witnessing her caution made Rascal's stomach twist a little. She really hoped she didn't piss herself when things went bad, but she was a little afraid she might. Still, she knew she had to say something, so she swallowed enough times to work up a little saliva in her mouth. When she finally spoke her voice was still raspy and dry. "If David is going to track, I should probably be up front with him. Valderon might try to hide if he doesn't see me and his power might jinx David's skill."

Lorena gestured toward Anton. "If Anton is feeling confident enough, I'll stick next to him. I hate to use him as cover, but since Desiree is staying with the truck, he's our next best bullet-proof shield."

Laying her hand on the new student's shoulder the platinum blonde asked; "Are you okay with that Anton? Can I depend on you?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

Merle grimaced.

This was literally why I wanted to bring a driver from the school, He thought to himself with a sigh as one of their teammates took themselves out of the fight due to a completely avoidable issue, "Next time we'll have to bring somebody to spell you off."

He could have just called for somebody to be prepared, but they'd already wasted far too much time.

He'd have liked to have left Lei Kung in Desiree's place, as the man wasn't likely to help due to his role, but he somehow doubted their supervisor was going to allow himself to be put in a situation where he couldn't supervise.

As Angela started talking Merle opened a small portal and pulled a bottle of water out of the mini-fridge in his room and passed it to her.

"If you're coming you either need to be in ghost mode the entire time, or as much as possible. If there's a fight I don't want you participating, you're already hurt," Merle says quietly, "With that said, Cooker, can you watch Prehistoric's back?"

"You'll be a three man team, but we can't really avoid that."

"Lluvia, I'm afraid you're stuck with me for the moment,"
He glances at Lei Kung, "I assume you'll be good working by yourself?"

He mentally marked down his attempt to get the teams to pick themselves as an abject failure, and made a note to avoid it in the future.

When the others gave their assent, he motioned for Prehistoric to lead the troupe out.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam

Lorena wrote: Lorena gestured toward Anton. "If Anton is feeling confident enough, I'll stick next to him. I hate to use him as cover, but since Desiree is staying with the truck, he's our next best bullet-proof shield."

Laying her hand on the new student's shoulder the platinum blonde asked; "Are you okay with that Anton? Can I depend on you?"
Well the only thing Ant could ever say to such a request was "Yes ... of course you can"

At the same time his mind was jumping all over the place from "more pretty girls have spoken to me today than in a whole term at my old school." to "Am I bullet proof? I don't know ..."

Trying to stand as tall as possible Ant followed the rest of the group out while munching on another energy bar.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 1 / Condition: -

Gaspar wanted to go with Lei Kung or Mer--Key. Key. He didn't want to overstep himself, though. These people knew each other better than he did, and they might know better where he would fit in. He stayed quiet and waited to be partnered with someone.

"Lluvia, I'm afraid you're stuck with me for the moment."

Gaspar nodded back in agreement, but inside he was relieved. He didn't know this other people yet and wanted to avoid things being awkward.

It hit him then that he was worried about awkwardness, when he should have been more concerned with successfully completing the mission. He lightly slapped himself. Get your head in the game, he thought. C'mon, Gaspar! This is your chance to show them that you don't need to be benched!
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

"All right, I'm ready. Just stay behind me, Angela. No one will attack you when there's a ten foot dinosaur in front of them." David pushed open the back door of the APC and jumped out. He wasn't expecting they would get attacked immediately. "Now let me get a sniff and we can get to finding Valderon."

David shifted into his T-Rex form and waited for Angela to approach before taking a good sniff and trying to pick out Valderon's scent.
Notice check: 1d20+7 18 Hopefully good enough to get us started
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Ch 6: August & Everything After-

Pc's: All (npc's: Lorena Argento, Lei Kung, Desiree' Seguin, Angela Zapata)-

Angela seemed a little disturbed by the miniature T-Rex sniffing her like a bloodhound, but she kept herself from flinching. David was used to this reaction after a fashion. No matter how much your mind told you there was no danger, a persons primitive instincts recognized the savage looking form as a threat. Still David was able to get a human scent he assumed was Valderon off Angela's clothing.

After the team piled out of the APC, Desiree' swung the door shut behind them and locked herself inside. Over the comm unit she spoke: "Good luck. On the off chance you get stuck in there, give me a call and I'll come running."

As David took point, Lei Kung brought up the rear, his great hammer slung casually over his shoulder, his gaze scanning the ruined buildings around them.
David's notice check was enough to get them going.

I need Francis to make a Notice ck for me.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

David had learned early on that trying to smile while a dinosaur did nothing to reassure anyone who felt uncomfortable. So he was careful to keep his reptilian expression neutral while he sniffed Angela. Then he turned and sniffed the air. He got a hint of something off to the right of the APC and started off, trying to get closer to the source.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker

"No, wait!" Francis quickly said, to get David to not wander off. More quietly, once he was sure of Prehistoric's remaining: "There's three people - or groups - watching us. They seem to have guns. They're not attacking because they're unsure about their chances, and they recognize Lei Kung, they know he's a Vindicator."
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Shock

Post by Shock »

David pulled up short and turned back to Francis, nostrils still flared from the effort of tracking Valeron's scent. How did Francis know all that? David didn't see what option they had but to follow the scent before it was lost and try to be careful. He snorted once and looked to Merle for guidance.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay

"Everybody, let's calmly move into some cover so we're not all standing out in plain sight," Merle notes, "No sudden movements."

"Cooker, can you send messages as well as receive them?" He asks quickly, "If we send them a message saying we're just coming to get one of our own and leave we might convince them it's not worth the effort. And it might scare them enough to let us pass."
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam

The news that several groups were watching them was a bit of a shock for Anton, looking from side to side he couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

"Do we go back to the APC?" he asked after Merle suggested trying to find cover, maybe it was time for another energy bar or two.

"I can speak Portuguese if they don't understand English" Ant offered surprising himself.