Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Shock

Re: Infinite New Vindicators Return (M&M 2e IC)

Post by Shock »

Prehistoric (David Gordon)
HP:2
Shape: Human

David returned the hug enthusiastically. He still had a little adrenaline in his system and, well, she was fun to hug. After they disengaged, he looked at her and smiled. "Everybody's fine, including Valderon. We captured the Zoo and put his gang out of business."

Then his smile turned to concern. "I've never seen you do that before. Are your powers changing? Is that what happened to your phone?"
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 3
COND: Unharmed

"I'm fine, Louisa." Louisa had heard about the Network somehow to call the team, but Francis wasn't going to pry. He trusted her. "Pia and Raheem are just trying to help you know. What good would killing them do?"
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

David-

For a moment Rebecca seems confused by David's question, then she shrugs. "I just remember seeing what Merle does and how Headmaster Importuna seems to think it's a super-valuable ability, so I figured I'd try it. Maybe next time I won't get asked to stay behind if I can do it too. Did I do it wrong?"

Waving her hand in a vague gesture at the sky she watches as a rosy energy trail follows it. "My powers haven't changed. I've never been able to change my shape like you do, but pretty much everything else I've tried to do, I can do...if I think about it. I usually keep it simple though, because the more different things I do the more...episodes I have. Ms. Ragsdale was trying to help me figure it out before...you know...she got eaten."

Francis-

At Francis question, the former gang member rolls her eyes. "It would be two less pendejos all up in my business. Sh*t, sometimes I don't even know why I tolerate you, much less them. People here are way too anxious to be friends. Friends will get you killed if you're not careful."

"Enough of that crap though...you want to go see a movie?" There were two things Francis had come to expect from Louisa, first of which was, using anger and hostility as an emotional defense mechanism hadn't faded despite her attraction to him and second, as someone who'd grown up so poor she often didn't have shoes (until her days running with the street gangs), she really relished having enough money to do things whenever the mood struck.
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 3 / Condition: -

Gaspar stared after the immortal for a few moments. It was only when he was out of sight that Gaspar looked down at his hands. "I only just turned seventeen," he said. Then he stopped. "Didn't I? I think it was... May when I left. I've been here how many days?"

The Spaniard tried to puzzle out if he was officially seventeen or not and decided for the one-hundredth and thirty-seventh time since coming here that time travel sucked.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

"No." David shrugged. "Looks like you did it just fine." He took her hand in his and started to walk. "So, how are we going to celebrate? And what happened to your phone?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gaspar-

Headmaster Importuna's sinewy hand settled onto Gaspar's shoulder even as the Vindicator turned away. "Not to worry Gaspar, it was only your uniform that confused him. Here only seniors and Vindicators where the black and white. You may have noticed most of your companion's uniforms are primarily white with black accoutrements, the reverse of your color scheme...that indicates a freshman. Sophmores wear blue and black and juniors purple. Lei Kung probably assumed you had graduated or would be graduating in December when the school year ends. Rest assured due to the time skip you can complete a senior year here starting in the fall...that would be March."

"You did good today. Nobody could have asked for more." Before he continued the tiniest smile creased the normally impassive countenance of the Headmaster. "I am going to have to request you minimize messing with planetary weather patterns still. If for no other reason than we need young Mr. Tremblay to be able to attend his classes."

David-

Rebecca blushed at David's question about her phone. "It's a little embarrassing. I was wanting to call you, even though I knew I shouldn't because you were on a mission and...well...you remember that part in Star Wars when that imperial officer insults Darth Vader's religion and Vader is all; I find your lack of faith disturbing and strangles him? Yeah...my phone and I role-played that, only there wasn't anybody doing Grand Moff Tarkin to stop Vader from finishing the job."

Clasping her hands behind her back, she looked down at the floor. "Fortunately I ran into Eva and she was actually nice... that's not fair, maybe she's nice a lot...I spend so much time spaced out I really don't know what too many students are like. Anyway she loaned me her phone because if you were back it also meant that that grandstanding putana was also back. She means her half-sister when she says that, right?"

Running her fingers through her thick chestnut hair, she sighed. "It's all very confusing. Anyway, I was thinking a picnic might be nice as far as a celebration goes. Now that I can do the Merle-thing we can actually have it anywhere you want."
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

LLUVIA / Gaspar Zorrilla e Higueras
HP: 3 / Condition: -

Headmaster Importuna's sinewy hand settled onto Gaspar's shoulder even as the Vindicator turned away. "Not to worry Gaspar, it was only your uniform that confused him. Here only seniors and Vindicators where the black and white. You may have noticed most of your companion's uniforms are primarily white with black accoutrements, the reverse of your color scheme...that indicates a freshman. Sophmores wear blue and black and juniors purple. Lei Kung probably assumed you had graduated or would be graduating in December when the school year ends. Rest assured due to the time skip you can complete a senior year here starting in the fall...that would be March."

"I guess I'll need a purple uniform." The words left a sour taste in Gaspar's mouth. Purple? "Back home, I had just finished my second year." He left out that he had finished it at the Tokyo school, thanks to his involvement in stopping France's own personal superhero. "Our school year ran from September to May. Coming in in the middle... Look, I'm willing to do extra classes or some special tests or whatever it takes to keep from being held back."

"You did good today. Nobody could have asked for more." Before he continued the tiniest smile creased the normally impassive countenance of the Headmaster. "I am going to have to request you minimize messing with planetary weather patterns still. If for no other reason than we need young Mr. Tremblay to be able to attend his classes."

"How's about a compromise? we won't save anyone during normal school hours, and no one steps on our d-" He caught himself. "No one gives us grief if we play superheroes in our own time?"
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 3
COND: Unharmed

"Sure." Francis knew how Louisa behaved. "One question though. Am I going to get you killed?"
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

"You should have seen my bedroll when I changed to a Stegosaurus in my sleep a couple years ago. You shouldn't worry so much. Remember, we helped save the world." David smiled.

"Yes, Eva and Desiree have... creative nicknames for each other. But don't repeat one or the two of them will turn on you like a pack of wolves." He cringed remembering the time a street vendor had taken exception to Eva's non-interest. The ensuing barrage would have left children in tears.

David laughed. "I have a beautiful girl at my side who says she can take me wherever I want to go. What have I done to deserve such buena fortuna? How far do you think you can take us?"
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gaspar-

"You have a deal Gaspar." The Headmaster squeezed his shoulder. "So long as nobody is pressured into something they don't wish to do, I have always encouraged our students to engage in...community service."
And that should wrap up Gaspar for now.
Francis-

"Killed?" Louisa looks momentarily confused. "No amigo, ain't nobody gonna kill me...and unlike my idiota brother I'm not going to try catching any falling spaceships."

"Now. Movie. Without the wonder twins." She says hooking a thumb in the direction of Pia and Raheem.
And that should wrap up Francis for now.
David-

Rebecca grins broadly. "Let's go pack a lunch then. I think there should be a few hours of daylight left on the beach in Baja."
And likewise this should wrap it up for David.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Chapter 7: Some Girls-

Friday, September 7, 2018-

It has been three weeks, almost to the day since the last known Rakshasa was apprehended and carted off to whatever new facility the government had arranged to house SPB criminals. Three weeks and the clean up after the invasion of the Armada was now completed. Except for the rare religious zealot most of Sao Paulo and presumably the rest of the country had seemingly forgotten that in late July the world had almost ended. It was almost that easy at the school too...except things were not the same. Guillerme Garcia was dead. Tamati Stevens and Wally Tremaine were either lost to another dimension or dead. Miguel Young and Jason Anderson had both dropped out of school to do...who knows what? Gaspar Zorilla e Higueres a refugee from another dimension was enrolled and the body of another dimension tossed student, Eve Robbins had gone missing from the infirmary. Finally in the weeks between the defeat of the Armada and the capture of Dakshesh, Barbara and Jacqueline Bolding, Dahlia Ragsdale and Lupe Velasquez had all disappeared without a trace.

September 7 and everything was back to normal, except in all the ways it wasn't.

Gaspar-

True to his word, the Headmaster hadn't interfered with any efforts to mitigate global catastrophes. The reality had turned out that Merle was in high demand due to the unique nature of his powers. It was getting into Spring and that was the rainy season in the north where the effects of Atlantic hurricanes pounding the United States and Mexico could be felt. Meanwhile on the rest of the continent the weather was getting progressively warmer...not that Brazil felt much of the cold that gripped the south. For Brazil a frigid day might get as cold as 70 degrees fahrenheit and even in the dead of winter the weather around Sao Paulo was generally pleasant. As it was, Gaspar had to share Merle with a number of other people and causes, not the least of which was the infirmary.

On the plus side, Gaspar had gotten to work with Rebecca once, which was an eye-opening experience. Not only did she apparently possess the ability to make portals like Merle, she'd assisted him in taming a storm. The staff had insisted David accompany her, which seemed unusual until she began to lose it near the end, speaking in a booming echoing voice about them being here from below and the watcher above having been corrupted by his own past and assorted nonsense he didn't understand. David had been able to calm her, but, in some ways she reminded Gaspar of Martin... extraordinarily powerful and not entirely human.

The past week though had been nothing but homework and solo sessions in the Wreck Room trying to hone his powers. Lei Kung had been serious when he said he didn't think he could tutor Gaspar and the Spaniard hadn't seen the Vindicator since the day they raided Dakshesh's hideout. This morning had been shaping up to be yet another boring day of classes at a school where he knew only a handful of people...until he saw the morning news. There was a shaky clip of video footage taken from a cellphone during a brawl at a nightclub downtown. In the middle of everything there was a flash of golden light and a tall, slender red head tossing people around like rag dolls.

He knew that glow. He knew that girl.

Eve Robbins.

Merle-

Exhaustion. Exhaustion was Merle's life. He woke up exhausted. He went to sleep exhausted. School work, training, volunteering in the infirmary and request after request for his powers. For a moment it seemed he might catch a break when it turned out the hot chick that David was always with, Rebecca, could do what he could...but she lost her grip on a mission to Mexico and nearly turned a Category 1 hurricane into a Category 3 or worse and apparently Gaspar was only able to stop it after David had managed to talk Paramour back from the edge. Since then people had reverted to their normal behavior...lean on Merle.

It might be tolerable if not for the fact Lorena hardly spoke to him after the incident at the Zoo's lair. It was hardly fair. He had only done what was asked of him to the best of his ability. She was behaving as if he'd wanted Tornado Allie to kill all those men. Not even Dr. Argento could snap her daughter out of the funk she was in.

Francis-

If there was one great thing about being himself, Francis would have to say it was the fact he was never without music. Sure, it took a little focus to tune out the rest of the airwaves constantly bombarding him, but it was worth it. He woke up to music, did class work to music, his whole life had a soundtrack. The only downside was he couldn't really share it with anyone, not even his own family. As an Esper he was alone with his gift. He wasn't like Louisa, who'd shared her powers with her brother before he died or like Pia, whose Mom was a Vindicator. His gifts were his alone and would forever be, even if he ever had kids.

The worst part of his gifts? Moments like the one happening just now that tore his focus from the music: "This is unit 313, Officer Panella...we have the body of a teen boy, approximately 18 years of age. He's suffered massive trauma."

"Is the victim dead unit 313?"

"If he isn't, I don't know how. Better call that school too, there's some sort of uniform under his clothing."

David-

Last night was a rough night. Rebecca had spent half the night floating in the air, glowing to beat the band and babbling ... in Italian if his guess was anywhere near accurate. She was repeating something over and over, but honestly it was said so quiet and so fast she may as well have been making supplications to Cthulhu for all that he could make out. Things were going pretty well for a couple weeks, then...Bam! It all started when they went to Mexico with Gaspar and Rebecca had lost control. Since then she'd been having visions. The single night he hadn't been able to sleep over things had gotten so bad she blew out the window to her room. It was now replaced with hurricane proof glass.

More than once she'd boomed something about the watcher above and the lurkers within. Needless to say, he wasn't getting near the sleep he should. One thing he hadn't mentioned to Rebecca is after last night's visions, while she was still out of it, he'd found an ornate brooch clasped in her fist. He was pretty sure he'd never seen it before since Rebecca didn't own or wear much jewelry...plus it looked antique. He didn't have time to study it with Rebecca present, but she had a session with Dr. Cole today, which would give him some time.

Anton-

Anton had to say, he really enjoyed the dormitory. He couldn't have asked for a better room location. On one side was David Gordon, who apparently never slept in his room and the other side was Carlos De Baca who spent the majority of his free time in a coma-like sleep. He could make noise, play his music loud and pretty much do anything he wanted without disturbing his neighbors. Across the hall were the big, mirrored glass panes that looked out over the courtyard and since he was on the first floor of the boy's dorm, in a room reinforced for a physically empowered NS, for once in his life he wasn't constantly apologizing for thumping around or accidentally putting his hand through the wall. It was kind of awesome. Less awesome was the people in the gym early in the morning. Apparently both Desiree' and her sister were night owls and Jesus and Juan worked out in the evening. The only two other students who liked to use the gym as early in the morning as him were hostile as could be. The tall blonde (Kendra maybe?) had been close with one of the students who was commemorated on that plaque he saw. Gossip had it, ever since he...didn't come back...she'd gone from being friendly and mellow to withdrawn and downright mean. Her partner, a shorter girl but also built like a swimmer sporting a thatch of brown hair that looked like it almost never saw a comb, was less overtly hostile. Unfortunately, if the tall blonde reacted to something, the brunette did too, staring them down with cold, black eyes. Fortunately, neither could push the weight Anton did, so they stayed away from the heavy machines he used and mostly worked the free weights.

After working out and a shower came breakfast, which despite the issues he continued to have with Phillip Brust aka 2nd Law, was usually a pretty good time of day. Along with the camaraderie he'd found with the students on his first mission, Dee, Victoria and Carlos continued to be friendly. Yup, he was fitting in just fine...which is why he was shocked to see a girl he didn't recognize staring at him when he finished using the bench press machine and sat up.

She was kind of severe looking, with straight, black hair combed back and a definite goth look to her fashion.

"Wow." She said. "You're even bigger looking now that I've got a chance to take a good look...and you aren't smacking me across a room."
And...Go!!
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Anton "Carnudo" Villiam
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

Well apart from Phillip life was a lot better than he expected at the school, yes he was still very fat but he wasn't the oddest person at school any longer just one of many.

And ... lift and up and down 10 more times to complete the set. One thing he never thought he would be doing was lifting weights, pumping iron and while he had tried lifting weights at the same time as Desiree he had excused himself after only 10 minutes. Both Desiree and her sister were wearing skin tight lycra leaving very little to the imagination and he suddenly felt very self conscious wearing his XXXXXL t-shirt to cover his very large one-pac especially with some of the other guys showing off their 6-pac abs.

So now he pumped iron in the morning before his second breakfast, he also ignored the other 2 girls who were often here as well especially after he had tried to introduce himself that first day and the blonde one had looked at him like something she had just stepped in and he would swear the brown haired girl looked at him as though she was eyeing him up for dinner. Fortunately Dee and Victoria had filled him in on what their problem though Dee did seem more sadder than he expected.

And with a loud clunk Ant finished his set, a rep of twenty at 6 tons, who would think that he could lift 2 cars and think it was only a medium weight. Noting it down in his notebook.
which is why he was shocked to see a girl he didn't recognize staring at him when he finished using the bench press machine and sat up.

She was kind of severe looking, with straight, black hair combed back and a definite goth look to her fashion.

"Wow." She said. "You're even bigger looking now that I've got a chance to take a good look...and you aren't smacking me across a room."
"Huh? ... sorry what I don't hit .. do I know you?"

That was one thing Ant wouldn't do was hit a girl.
OOC wrote: And may be another complication for Ant :)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Merle Tremblay
HP: 1 LP:1 Condition: Normal

At first he was confused.

He didn't know where he was. He had been... somewhere? He was doing something and then... it was important. So why was there that horrible noise?

Groaning he forced his eyes open and looked around. He was at the school? Wasn't he somewhere else? He blinked and grimaced as the insistent noise continued to harass him.

With a clumsy leaden arm he pawed around on the nightstand until he found his phone and turned off the alarm. He fought the sudden urge to hurl his phone across the room for having the gall to wake him up. Only the realization that buying a new one would be far more aggravating allowed him to set it back down again.

He contemplated just staying in bed and calling in sick. An action which made more sense and was less stupid when he lived at home outside the reach of a trained doctor. Besides, he told himself, what was the point of staying up late to finish an essay if he was just going to turn it in late. He lurched out of bed and staggered across the room. After two steps he started feeling nauseous, and his legs started feeling rubbery.

He sat down at his desk and opened a mini-fridge, rummaging around until he pulled out a Gatorade. He grimaced and took a long swig before stuffing it back in the fridge. He'd been overusing his powers recently and even with his natural resilience the strain was starting to show. He'd had to change his diet a bit to try to counter it, but apparently the drain had been worse than expected. Electrolyte depletion on top of exhaustion was the last thing he needed.

His head in a fog he went through getting dressed in a fog and staggered down to the cafeteria for breakfast. Normally he preferred to portal to a closer location, but at the moment even thinking about opening a portal just made him feel queasy.

He loaded up his tray with eggs, hash-browns, watermelon, pineapple, and some yogurt with a large cup of tea to wash it down, and found himself an empty table.
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Cooker
HP: 1

Francis paled, and began heading for the Headmaster's office. Enough people had died or gone suspiciously missing. Why did more of this have to happen to the school?

Unpleasant moments, the downside of this ability, all the more since Francis had found himself slowly improving in being able to trace the transmissions. This he carefully extended his out mind for, so he could provide more details for Headmaster Importuna to check on.
Games
Shock

Post by Shock »

David had tried to talk Rebecca out of going to fight the hurricane with Gaspar. He wasn't at all comfortable with her flexing her powers like that. He'd also, more privately, tried to get Gaspar to withdraw his request for her help, to no avail. He was still a little ticked about how that conversation had gone. Fortunately, after the near disaster, the dimensional refugee hadn't asked for her help again. Since then, she'd been up with visions almost nightly. Each night that he woke up to calm her, a small part of him wished she'd ask him to sleep in the bed with her, just because it would be so much softer than the floor. But it was a selfish thought and he couldn't blame her for not thinking of his comfort in the middle of her own distress.

This morning, David woke up in his customary spot on the floor at the side of Rebecca's bed. He sleepwalked through his morning classes until lunch. At nine, she had a meeting with Doctor Cole and he would have a chance to examine the worrying jewel that had appeared out of nowhere. Begging out of class due to fatigue, he went back into the girls dorm to get a look.