Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Zero Prime

Re: Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

Post by Zero Prime »

If it's alright with Psistrike, I'd think Cameron would be attending at her urging. The largely visual medium would be lost on him.

I've been reconsidering his blindness, my original build has Accurate hear, with the distracting flaw. I now feel that I'd like to more fully embrace the blind complication. Would it be ok to take +4 perception limited to audio instead?
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Zero Prime wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:33 pm If it's alright with Psistrike, I'd think Cameron would be attending at her urging. The largely visual medium would be lost on him.
Okay by me, go with it.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Zero Prime wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:33 pm
I've been reconsidering his blindness, my original build has Accurate hear, with the distracting flaw. I now feel that I'd like to more fully embrace the blind complication. Would it be ok to take +4 perception limited to audio instead?
+4 Perception (hearing only)?

No prob
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I wasn't sure whether to spell out Peacekeeper's accent phonetically or not. I don't want to get too Claremontian.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

I think a couple of phonetic spellings thrown in doesn't hurt.

Just waiting on the last couple of players' posts before mayhem ensues. :)
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

In my opinion, phonetic spellings, especially as it relates to English as a 2nd Language can become difficult if all dialogue is written that way.

What I try to do is home in on catch phrases unique to the language, so if we were doing french, perhaps using bonjour, or ending rhetorical questions with a mais oui? And then in the description, indicate I am speaking in accented English. Key words really help me get the language across without sounding like a caricature. Expletives work well. Tabernaque!

Oh, thought I should add this in, the above is my opinion entirely, disregard and carry on should you feel differently!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Two players left to post :)
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

One left now. Sorry, got caught up in some stuff IRL that needed taking care of.

Also, not sure what color I want to use for Caelus's speech yet. Battalion's in blue, Imp Impossible's in red, Peacekeeper's a shade of green and Skarab's bronze...
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Pretty sure Battalion is a Navy, you could certainly use a brighter blue. Or since text from both character's won't be included in a single post, or if it is, it would be contained in a quote, I don't see why you couldn't use an already chosen color.

That's just me though.
JudgeA

Post by JudgeA »

Sorry for the delay on my post. It'd escaped me entirely how much time had passed since I last checked on. Third Shift is killer.

If anyone needs Dave, he'll be standing awkwardly in the corner by the Star Trek booth.

EDIT: Bonus Keks: The Speedster was last to post.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

I know that feeling man. Not the third shift bit, but the losing track of time thing.

Also, just say Caelus is lapping it all up by doing all-the-things that don't involve waiting for panels or long lines or sitting at a table for more than two minutes. He'll be playing games on the other convention days, but today is his "wander everywhere and soak in the enviro" day.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

As a humble worker, Genevieve goes wherever she's needed, frequently to carry something heavy and awkward. I think I'll only phoneticize her accent when she's deliberately playing it up: she can hide her accent completely if she wants to, but when she wants to be underestimated or put people off their guard she talks like zees, non?
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Just a head's up. Due to family commitments the next two days, my online time is going to be sparce.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Sorry for the slow start folks. Work and family are taking turns vying for my attention.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Those should be your priority regardless. Take your time, a slower pace actually works well with my schedule too. I try to look at it as a marathon rather than a sprint.

When life calms down, we'll still be around! That being said, I'm out of town Friday through Tuesday, with only phone access. And I hate trying to format IC posts by phone ... so my responses may be delayed until Tuesday evening.