Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
RainOnTheSun

Re: Welcome to Freedom City (M&M 3e; PL10/150pp)

Post by RainOnTheSun »

It's more viable a tactic than it is in second edition, at least. With the changes to Evasion, speedsters can't just completely avoid area attacks anymore. Peacekeeper's forcing a DC 20 toughness save on Li'l Rocket every round, at minimum. Sooner or later he's gonna miss that save.

On the subject, now that all but one of his attack robots are dealt with, is there any reason why we might not want to go after Toy Boy directly?
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I'm trying to do the same with Madame Macabre but the woman refuses to be hit by my AE :D The HP are adding up nicely though. ;) Thinking a Power Stunt is going to be in order. I just need to figure out what might work best and keep the crowd safe :geek:
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

This is an Area Damage 8 attack. I am not sure that effects either of you.
When you say this, so you mean that we're out of range, or just Impervious? Because Caelus doesn't have Impervious unless he's using Force Objects, and Peacekeeper doesn't have Impervious 16...

Or is it one of those "targeted AoE" things from 2e and Mini-Rocket missed on his attack roll?
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

It was due to Impervious. As per houserule I believe Peacekeeper's Impervious negates. I could not recall if Caelus had it on his Field.

DC 18 dodge DC 23 or 19 toughness save.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Ah, right. I forgot about the house rule on Impervious.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

Caelus's turn is next, I think. Before Peacekeeper's at any rate.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

re: HP for GM advice. I believe it was called Inspiration. I am pretty sure it is still a rule. But if not...it now is...
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Alrighty. I feel like this has gone a bit by the wayside. I am going to take some time tomorrow and see if I can revitalize this a bit and move things along.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Day off spending tomorrow morning ish updating all my PC and GM games.
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

I'm sorry if my delay in posting affected the game, I had a Power Stunt I wanted to perform with Battalion, but I was looking for input on if it was too 'gamey' and fired off a PM, rather than bring it up here, but I'll repost for convenience sake;
Zero Prime wrote:Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:19 pm Ok, so here's my thought process; M&M has no *endurance* mechanic for sustaining or controlling constructs. Understood.

But if Battalion hammers on his constructs, it is plausible that P2 begins to tire out, so if I did the following;

Feedback [Detect Power User (Mental Sense Group, Accurate, Ranged) 4pt.] + [Affliction 7 [Power Impaired, Power Disabled, Transformed [Powerless]] Resisted by: Will, Range: Perception +2, Cumulative +1, Sustained: +0]=30 pts.

Is that too cheesy/specific to force a DC 17 Will check every round, Weakening his ranks of Create with an Affliction?

Let me know and I can get a post up.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

While the idea of "pushing your enemy to the limit" and wearing them out is very much within comic-book tradition P2's powers stem from Devices.
I don't see you wearing out the battery in with 6 seconds of hammering minions.

However, I think you could probably have a similar effect since your "Terminus energy" is Entropic in nature if you wish.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

It's hard for a game to handle a player vanishing right from the start, especially given that we were supposed to be in two person groups. If the rest of us finish up in time, maybe we can help Skarab out.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Hero4hire wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:09 pm re: HP for GM advice. I believe it was called Inspiration. I am pretty sure it is still a rule. But if not...it now is...
Sold for one shiny HP :)