Interest Check M&M 3e

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hero4hire

Interest Check M&M 3e

Post by Hero4hire »

Now that I am (mostly) settled in to my new home and my game books loom at me oppressively from the 5 shelped that dominate my bedroom I am considering running a game again.

Here is what is knocking around my noggin.

Marvel: Bronze Mettle
PL 10/150pp
Player created heroes set in a "Iconic" version of the Marvel Universe and heavily influenced by the Bronze Age. 'Nuff said!

DC: New Justice League
PL/pp variable
The Justice League have disbanded and the Trinity (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman) are MIA. It is up to other heroes of the DCU to form a New League. Players pick a canon DC hero to play.

Freedomverse
PL 10/150pp
Set in Freedom City. New heroes out to make a name for themselves. Going to draw upon a plethora of published and original material.

Which do any interested players prefer?
Zero Prime

Re: Interest Check M&M 3e

Post by Zero Prime »

Sign me up for this! Bronze Mettle would likely be my go-to, however, depending on the eligible cast, playing a matured Connor Kent trying to step into the void left by the absence of Superman would certainly be interesting to me.

Either way I am looking forward to seeing more details.
Camus

Post by Camus »

I would love this, for the marvel setup I would go with an Asgardian warrior, for DC U I could try a reformed Manta, and for Freedomcity I could try anything, heh!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

I could go with the DC: New Justice League and the Freedom City games, though leaning towards Freedom City because I haven't really played in that setting in, like, forever, and would definitely love to play that.

Edit: I already have a character idea for Freedom City drawn up, and just need to start thinking of which DC characters I actually know well enough to play. Like, I'd love to play Billy Batson, but I haven't really read that much Captain Marvel.
Last edited by kenmadragon on Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

Any/all of the above, I'm down.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Seconding Kenmadragon :-)

.... which is amusing because of my heavy preference for Marvel usually?
kanly

Post by kanly »

interest.
1) Freedomverse
2) Marvel
3) DC

No real thoughts of what i might play yet.
RainOnTheSun

Post by RainOnTheSun »

I'd be interested in making something for Bronze Marvel or Freedomverse. I'd sit out the New Justice League, though: I don't really feel comfortable enough with DC's canon characters to try playing one.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I'd be interested in freedomverse. I generally don't really enjoy playing existing characters, even variations on them to fit a theme. I always prefer to play my own original creations.
Psistrike

Post by Psistrike »

Freedomverse is my first choice, New Justice League 2nd, and I would still be interested Bronze Mettle if the interest of others tips the scales there.
Hero4hire

Post by Hero4hire »

Seems like enough of interest for recruitment!

I haven't done any official count, but it seems Freedomverse has the most interest?
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Pretty much. Either people are ambivalent, or would rather Freedom City than they do DC, and Marvel's lagging behind in my vote tally.

Of course, there's always weighting the votes, but most people didn't do that, so an accurate idea of the population spread is sort of iffy.

But yeah, general consensus seems to be leaning towards Freedom City Verse. :D
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Anyone have a way I could get access to some good Freedom Universe background? Research is everything when creating a character in a unique universe :geek:
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:50 am Anyone have a way I could get access to some good Freedom Universe background? Research is everything when creating a character in a unique universe :geek:
Online? There might be a few setting threads here and there on the ATT or RA forums, perhaps here (haven't really looked), but those are likely to be rife with homebrewed material. I also know there are quite a few 2e M&M books out there chock full of setting detail.

But if you're truly desperate, the setting has it's own TvTropes page.
T0DOSKER

Post by T0DOSKER »

kenmadragon wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:31 am Pretty much. Either people are ambivalent, or would rather Freedom City than they do DC, and Marvel's lagging behind in my vote tally.

Of course, there's always weighting the votes, but most people didn't do that, so an accurate idea of the population spread is sort of iffy.

But yeah, general consensus seems to be leaning towards Freedom City Verse. :D

Personally, I didn't vote since I'm equally down for any of the settings that were presented. It's probably the same for my fellow neutrals.