Infinite New Vindicators OOC (M&M 2e)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Gilliam

Re: Infinite New Vindicators OOC (M&M 2e)

Post by Gilliam »

From memory Tamati chased the Zoo into the sewers and he revealed himself to be not human.

Any objections if I try out a density brick as my new character?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 am From memory Tamati chased the Zoo into the sewers and he revealed himself to be not human.

No objections at all to a density controller. I kept the NPC bricks from maximum effectiveness just in case "the most common super-power" (super-strength & toughness) made an appearance among the PC's.
Shock

Post by Shock »

For the record, the mods I made to Prehistoric were:

Add 2 to his Will Save
Add Pteranodon to his array of forms since he used it twice against the Armada
Filled out some stuff in his other forms to get them closer to the 50 points he has available
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:46 pm For the record, the mods I made to Prehistoric were:

Add 2 to his Will Save
Add Pteranodon to his array of forms since he used it twice against the Armada
Filled out some stuff in his other forms to get them closer to the 50 points he has available
Cool! Waiting with bated breath for the development of the Mosasaur form. :shock:
EnigmaticOne

Post by EnigmaticOne »

Thinking over what to spend the 3 PP on for Cooker.
Games
Imago in New Vindicators Academy of Europe
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

EnigmaticOne wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:28 pm Thinking over what to spend the 3 PP on for Cooker.
Dump it all into Perform (keyboards). Over night he became a piano virtuoso. :-p
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Worked for me ;~)
Shock

Post by Shock »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:03 pm Worked for me ;~)
For certain definitions of "worked" ;}
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:34 pm
Gilliam wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:37 am From memory Tamati chased the Zoo into the sewers and he revealed himself to be not human.

No objections at all to a density controller. I kept the NPC bricks from maximum effectiveness just in case "the most common super-power" (super-strength & toughness) made an appearance among the PC's.
Thanks I will try and get something up over the weekend.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Cool! Once I have a bead on all 5 PC's I'll post for the IC thread and establish a good (re)starting point.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Height/Weight: 6'11/147 lbs
Hair/Eyes: Black/Brown
Place of Birth: Toronto, Canada (June 15, 2003)

Merle Tremblay's life was uneventful. His parents were well meaning if distant, he lead a relatively sheltered life in private schools. His life was forever changed at the age of fourteen when he was caught in a car accident. When the car filled with smoke he panicked trying to pull himself from where he'd been trapped, and found himself appearing sprawling on the sidewalk.
The event had activated his powers which gave him the ability to open portals and instantly travel the distance between. It also twisted his body, making him nearly seven feet tall, but leaving him with a thin stretched looking build.
Unable to blend in with the public his parents thought it would be wise to move him into New Vindicators Academy of the Americas where he would be able to learn how to use his powers, and avoid most of the cruelty that would be aimed at Neos.

Description:
Merle is unusually tall and skinny, especially for his age.
Standing nearly seven feet tall with an unnaturally thin build which only helps to emphasize both his height and how unusual his appearance really is.
Merle is, strangely, obsessed with his appearance. He insists on wearing immaculate clothes of the latest fashion, with hair styled just right. A failure to manage that leaves him sullen and withdrawn.

Complications:

Family: Merle's family cares for him, but they've never been exceptionally close. His parents were more focused on their careers, leaving Merle to be cared for by nanny's and private schools most of his life. While they're distant his parents still care for him.
His father runs a successful law firm, and is also the source of his teleportation powers. His mother currently runs Blackberry and has been running a surprisingly successful campaign to rebuild the crumbling company into a serious competitor in the mobile market. An unusually tall and thin woman, she is most likely the source of Merle's physical change.
Prejudice: His physical appearance makes him stand out in a crowd and marks him for being a neo.
Pride: Merle's soul claim to fame, or at least his parent's attention, was his intelligence. It has resulted in him being driven to seek the best marks he can, and has resulted in a competitive streak with anybody who might take away his status as the smartest kid in the school.
Obsession (Lost Friendship): Merle is lonely, and desires to be accepted by his family. And by anybody else who might make him feel like one of the group. Having found a true friend in Wally Tremaine, Merle was happy for the first time since his transformation, but after the multi-dimensional attack his friend went missing, and now he's trying to get him back.

Merle "Key" Tremblay

Power Level: 8; Power Points Spent: 125/128

STR: +0 (10), DEX: +0 (10), CON: +0 (10), INT: +4 (18), WIS: +0 (10), CHA: +2 (14)

Tough: +1/+8, Fort: +4, Ref: +8/+11, Will: +7

Skills: Bluff 4 (+6), Computers 7 (+11), Diplomacy 4 (+8), Gather Information 2 (+4), Knowledge (business) 4 (+8), Knowledge (current events) 2 (+6), Knowledge (life sciences) 1 (+5), Knowledge (popular culture) 1 (+5), Knowledge (technology) 5 (+9), Language 2 (+2), Medicine 5 (+5), Notice 6 (+6), Research 2 (+6), Search 4 (+8), Sense Motive 7 (+7), Stealth 2 (+2/+10)

Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 6, Benefit 2 (Wealth), Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 3, Equipment 1, Evasion 2, Luck, Precise Shot, Redirect

Powers:
Tall Slender Build (Linked)
. . Excellent Night Vision (Super-Senses 1) (Linked; low-light vision)
. . Moves without a Sound (Enhanced Trait 2) (Linked; Traits: Stealth +8 (+10))
. . Tougher than he looks (Protection 1) (Linked; +1 Toughness)
Teleporation Tricks (Linked)
. . Enhanced Trait 6 (Linked; Feats: Attack Focus (ranged) 6)
. . Teleportation Defense (Enhanced Trait 19) (Linked; Traits: Reflex +3 (+11), Defense Bonus +3 (+8), Feats: Defensive Roll 4, Dodge Focus 3, Evasion 2, Redirect)
Teleport 7 (700 ft. as move action, 200 miles as full action; Portal; Change Direction, Change Velocity, Progression (Portal Size))
. . Teleport Away (Move Object 10) (Alternate; Strength: 50, Carry: 4.3 tons / 8.5 tons / 12.8 tons / 25.6 tons; Indirect 3 (any point, any direction))
. . Teleportal Attack (Blast 8) (Alternate; DC 23; Knockback; Indirect 3 (any point, any direction), Variable Descriptor (Narrow group - Things dropped through Portal))
Uniform (Device 1) (Hard to lose)
. . Armored (Protection 3) (+3 Toughness)
. . Insulated Lining (Immunity 2) (environmental condition: Heat, environmental condition: Cold)

Equipment: Cell Phone, Commlink, Flashlight, Laptop Computer

Attack Bonus: +2 (Ranged: +8, Melee: +2, Grapple: +2)

Attacks: Teleportal Attack (Blast 8), +8 (DC 23), Unarmed Attack, +2 (DC 15)

Defense: +5/+8 (Flat-footed: +3), Knockback: -4

Initiative: +0

Languages: English, French, Portuguese

Totals: Abilities 12 + Skills 15 (58 ranks) + Feats 5 + Powers 66 + Combat 8 + Saves 19 + Drawbacks 0 = 125
OOC: Merle in all his stickman glory.
I think I'll bank the 3 PP and save them until we get the next one to bring up his Teleport up to 8.
He also has two skill ranks unused now that the ranked languages have gone away. They will probably be moved into Medicine over the next few adventures.
Shock

Post by Shock »

I never realized Merle's family was wealthy before. That'll teach me to read character bios more carefully
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Introducing

CARNUDO

Identity: Secret ID

APPEARANCE
Size: Medium
Height: 5'8”
Weight: 580 lbs
Hair: Ginger
Eyes: Green

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120
Max Attack: 7
Max Defense: 8
Max Save DC: 9
Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
STR: 28 (+9/+3)
DEX: 10 (+0)
CON: 18 (+4)
INT: 10 (+0)
WIS: 12 (+1)
CHA: 14 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack 4 (Melee 7, Ranged 4) [Unarmed +9 (Bruise)]
Defense 8 (3 flat-footed)
Initiative 0

SAVES
Toughness 8 (7 flat-footed)*
Fortitude 9
Reflex 3
Will 6

* Impervious +3

SKILLS
Computers 2 (+2); Craft -Cooking 3 (+3); Diplomacy 4 (+6); Gather Info 4 (+6); Knowledge -Popular Culture 4 (+4); Knowledge -Cooking 4 (+4); Notice 6 (+7); Search 3 (+3); Sense Motive 5 (+6)

LANGUAGES
English, Portuguese

FEATS
All-out Attack; Attack Focus, Melee (3); Defensive Roll (1); Dodge Focus (2); Equipment (1 or 5ep); Interpose; Iron Stomach; Power Attack; Stunning Attack

POWERS
Density [6] (Flaw: Permanent -0) (Feat: Innate) [Str +12, Impv Prot +3, Immov +2, Sup Str +2]
Immunity [40] (All Lethal & Non-Lethal Physical Damage) (Flaw: limited to half)
ARRAY - Super Strength [2] (Feats Groundstrike)
---- [a] Leaping [4]

MOVEMENT
Base Move: 30 ft/60 ft/120 ft
Leaping: 350 ft/160 ft/80 ft

LIFTING
Light: 3.2 tons, Med: 6.4 tons, Heavy: 9.6 tons, Max: 19 tons, Push: 48 tons

COMPLICATIONS
HUNGRY - Anton loves to eat and always has energy bars and supplies on hand. If he believes he has had not enough to eat then he may become dazed or impaired in some fashion. Anton loves to cook and has learnt a lot from his Dad.
APPEARANCE - Anton is a fat kid with red hair and often looks flushed in the face. He has been a target of bullies since he started going t school.
SCOTTISH - Anton takes after his mother with ginger hair, green eyes and a very fair complexion. Anton is partial to heatstroke and sunburn if he is not careful.
FEAR - Water. Anton sinks like a stone and is now very uncomfortable around large bodies of water.
MOTHER - Anton's Mother is very protective of her only child. She will send care packages to Anton every couple of weeks and will raise hell on earth if she thinks her son is been hurt or bullied in anyway.

SUMMARY
Abilities 20 + Skills 9 (36 ranks) + Feats 12 + Powers 44 + Combat 20 + Saves 13 – Drawbacks 0 = 118 / 120

BACKGROUND
Kristie Munro like many kids in the UK took a gap year after finishing high school in Dundee deciding to travel to Brazil to see the sun and famous beaches she had seen in the brouchers. While backpacking through Sao Paulo she met a young apprentice chef and one thing led to another and Kristie ended up staying in Sao Paulo and marrying Miguel Villiam. Miguel qualified as a chef and opened his own small restaurant while Kristie worked as an English teacher and did the books for the restaurant in the evenings. After a number of years they decided to start a family and discovered it was a lot harder than they expected. After several more years and 3 miscarriages Kristie finally gave birth to a pre-term baby boy. As Anton was one of the smallest babies delivered it was another 8 months before the hospital would let Kristie and Miguel take their son home.

To try and build Anton up he was always given double helpings of everything and over time he put on weight and and more weight as he grew older. Attending school Anton was often a target due to his appearance and while his Mother would try to protect him by going to the teachers, headmaster or some occasions confronting the kids directly it would only make things worst for Anton. Anton's father started to teach Anton boxing lessons secretly so he could defend himself and avoid having his Mother go to the school.

It wasn't long after Anton's twelfth birthday that he and his family realised that he had superpowers when walking along the road one evening a drunk driver lost control of their car and headed directly for Anton's Mother, reacting on instinct Anton moved quicker than he had ever had pushing his Mother out of the way of the car and taking the full impact of the car. To everybody's surprise Anton was unharmed though the car had an Anton sized dent in the bonnet.

It took another couple of years before Kristie was convinced that it was best for Anton to attend the New Vindicators Academy in Sao Paulo.

Edit: Change Shockwave feat to Groundstrike
Last edited by Gilliam on Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Carnudo looks good. I have to admit, I'm not a big fan of blanket immunities, but it's thematic for him, so we'll go with it. Besides, it gives him a leg up on Obdurate (Julio Esparza) who was (until now) the hardest to hurt kid at school. I see lots of chances for HP with his complications. He should fit in well.

And with that, I will prepare the opening IC post. Expect it by tomorrow at the latest.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Thanks I was trying something different but if you feel it is too broken I am happy to change into a more standard brick setup.