Infinite New Vindicators OOC (M&M 2e)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: Infinite New Vindicators OOC (M&M 2e)

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 am
Horsenhero wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:51 pm
Shock wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:47 pm Maybe Gaspar can run into David and they can bond over their mutual respect for the faculty ;}
What's the faculty ever done to David? I mean...sure...just like any other NVA, about 50% are pure evil, but beyond that...how have they done him wrong? ;)
Aside from the just finished ugly conversation, not much really. Recency bias ;}
Huh. I didn't find the conversation that ugly...but I didn't understand teenagers' thought processes when I was a teenager, much less now.
Shock

Post by Shock »

OK yeah ugly is probably the wrong word. More like unfortunate.
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

I have to say I think it's very amusing that Gaspar is being so angsty about his qualifications when under his old description it says he's "a natural leader". I guess he was a natural leader until Martin out romanced him for the girl? :cry:
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

"Hola Dee." Rebecca says in a clear, friendly voice her cerulean eyes fairly twinkling in happiness. Then the sunrise hues of coruscating energy consume those human eyes and an inhuman burning gaze turns on Anton. When Rebecca speaks again, her voice has an eerie, reverberating echo. "Anton, the man who twists time wants you to help David. You are to rescue the lucky vermin though I do not know why. Anton, beware the old thing, it has hated for untold millennia and while it does not know you yet, it already hates you."
Nope nothing to get worried about here :D
Michuru

Post by Michuru »

Horsenhero wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:22 am I have to say I think it's very amusing that Gaspar is being so angsty about his qualifications when under his old description it says he's "a natural leader". I guess he was a natural leader until Martin out romanced him for the girl? :cry:
LOL Kind of.

When it came time to play him, I looked at his build. There was so much there that just wasn't him. Leadership, Knowledge (tactics)... At his concept, I saw him as sort of a Scott Summers. His power could be badass, but he didn't have much control over it, so he would work on things he could control and be an effective leader. In my head, he'd have spent his freshman year becoming the shining star out of his class--Gaspar, Cornelis, Lexus, Kirstie, and Tatjana--but then I started playing him as an NPC and that all just wasn't in him.
NVAE Setting - VP: 5
Shock

Post by Shock »

Is marijuana still illegal in Brazil in 2018?
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Shock wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:10 pm Is marijuana still illegal in Brazil in 2018?
Well, it's important to note that possession of small "personal use" quantities of marijuana has be decriminalized (no jail time) in Brazil, cultivation or distribution of marijuana, especially in large quantities, remains a crime punishable by 5-15yrs in prison and a significant fine. Weed isn't "legal" per se, it's just personal use possession has been deemed a waste of law enforcement's (especially prosecutors') time.

Certain non-psychoative types of hemp oil and medical marijuana are legal, but require a prescription.

This real world legal structure remains unchanged in Oubliette-720
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Gilliam wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:41 am
"Hola Dee." Rebecca says in a clear, friendly voice her cerulean eyes fairly twinkling in happiness. Then the sunrise hues of coruscating energy consume those human eyes and an inhuman burning gaze turns on Anton. When Rebecca speaks again, her voice has an eerie, reverberating echo. "Anton, the man who twists time wants you to help David. You are to rescue the lucky vermin though I do not know why. Anton, beware the old thing, it has hated for untold millennia and while it does not know you yet, it already hates you."
Nope nothing to get worried about here :D
So true. I believe in being unambiguous with zero traces of anything either vague or ominous. 8-)
Shock

Post by Shock »

I'm going to be off the grid from Wednesday until Sunday night. As long as nothing crazy happens (what are the odds?), David will follow Merle's lead to help find Valderon.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Welp, David is doomed ;~)

Have fun Shock!
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I mean, yaaaaay, David's alive!
Welcome back, Shock! ;~)

Sorry for the delay. These business trips are killing me :~P
Horsenhero

Post by Horsenhero »

Arkrite wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:55 am I mean, yaaaaay, David's alive!
Welcome back, Shock! ;~)

Sorry for the delay. These business trips are killing me :~P
That's alright. At the moment the pace is a touch sedate and since michuru is having surgery this month anyway, I don't think anyone is expecting lightning speed.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I wasn't expecting quite so much wallflower from the PCs.

Darn your remarkably realistic depiction of teenagers! ;~)

I suppose I should just have Merle call the teams now.
Shock

Post by Shock »

David knows he's going to be out front tracking and won't be paying much attention to his buddy while he's doing that.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I assumed he'd have some kind of interest in who was watching his back ;~)