OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Zero Prime

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Recruiting]

Post by Zero Prime »

Which, if it comes close to 6 points, buy full rank Multiattack on his Machine Gun Blows, as Rank 3 Multiattack on a Rank 9 Damage Effect is pointless, and would only benefit it if you were using Rank 3 or less Damage. I might consider dropping the rank to perhaps 5, add multiattack 5, and 2 ranks of Accurate, it hits with less power than the Full Velocity shot, but is more accurate, and likely to net you some increase due to Multiattack ...

Then add Agile feint to to the Mix so you can feint with your final speed rank of 9, allowing you to cause someone to be Vulnerable, and then open up with Multiattack.

Sorry, I love speedsters, and actually have a Hypervelocity Mech Suit build in my back pocket somewhere.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hey, thanks you two! I'll adjust things later today with your tips and advice in mind. My first time making a battlesuit character, so I'm glad that was pointed out to me Epic.

Edit: I've made some adjustments, and was able to add in a small sensory suite that I felt fit.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Doc sweet picture.

Any submissions including characters been rebuilt, please remember one of the fundamental concepts for this game is rising in PL each story arc. I am looking at characters who are designed to grow not necessarily the most efficient character at its current level.

Trim all the fat off of a steak and you lose its flavor :)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Doc, that is a neat sensor array. Just wanted to point out in case you didnt realize, rapid senses are a part of the quickness that is baked into super speed. Not saying there is a problem at all, just make sure to factor that in to his total visual sensory speed (those are some damn fast synapse reactions)
Night Hunter

Post by Night Hunter »

Night Hunter aka Alex Sparks

Image Image

Description
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 325 lbs.
Hair: Dirty Blonde / Unseen
Eyes: Bluish Hazel
Race: Caucasian
Build: Muscularly Fit
Costume: All black with hood and skull face

Stats
Strength 5, Stamina 5,
Agility 5, Dexterity 5,
Fighting 5, Intellect 5,
Awareness 5, Presence 5

Advantages
All-out Attack, Fast Grab, Hide in Plain Sight, Improved Defense, Improved Grab, Improved Initiative, Improvised Weapon, Instant Up, Move-by Action, Power Attack, Prone Fighting

Skills
Acrobatics 1 (+6), Athletics 1 (+6), Close Combat: Unarmed 3 (+8), Intimidation 1 (+6), Perception 1 (+6), Ranged Combat: Utility Belt 3 (+8), Stealth 1 (+6), Technology 1 (+6)

Powers
Natural Powers
.Enhanced Senses (3) (Darkvision 2, Extended: Hearing 1: x10)
.Leaping: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
.Parkour: Movement 6 (Environmental Adaptation: Urban, Safe Fall, Sure-footed 2, Wall-crawling 2: full speed; Check Required: DC 10 - Acrobatics, Limited: Moving in Urban Environments [5 ranks only])
.Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
.Hits Hard: Strike STR-Based 3
.Tough Skin: Protection 3

Equipment (3 pp)
Utility Belt (Array: 15 ep)
. . Pepper Sacks: Affliction 6 Accurate (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16) (13 ep)
. . Throwing Weapon: 1" Ball Bearing Damage: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged; Range for STR) (11 ep)
. . Zip Ties: Restraint (DC 20) (1 ep)

Offense
Initiative +9
Damage: Strength-based Damage 3, +8 (DC 23)
Grab, +5 (DC Spec 15)
Pepper sacks: Affliction 6, +5 (DC Fort 16)
Strike: Strength-based Damage 3, +5 (DC 23)
Throw, +5 (DC 20)
Unarmed, +8 (DC 20)
Zip Ties: (DC 20)

Complications
Identity: On the Governments Powered Watch List
Reputation: Night Hunter has a reputation as a violent and viscous vigilante

Languages
American English (slight Bronx accent)

Defense
Dodge 5, Parry 5, Fortitude 5, Toughness 8, Will 5

Power Points
Abilities 80 + Powers 19 + Equipment 3 + Advantages 11 + Skills 6 (12 ranks) + Defenses 0 = 120
Last edited by Night Hunter on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:38 am, edited 9 times in total.
"The Night sees everything. Now I see you."
Night Hunter

Post by Night Hunter »

Night Hunter Background

TIME: 5:30pm
DATE: May 8, 2012
PLACE: Downtown NYC, NY

The afternoon had exploded, literally, with the sounds of war. The noise of explosions, energy beams and the whining song of Chitauri chariots flying by the 20th floor corner windows in eleven year old Alex Sparks' apartment building. His mother held him close and cried as the barrage of sound pounded the city. For a few moments, the noise began to fade. The alien invaders had moved farther away. His parents stood up.

"You two stay put. I'm going to look," his father spoke calmly.

"NO!," his mother begged, "Alan, stay away from the windows!"

His father waved her to silence and slowly crept to the south facing window. He looked out toward the east. As he swung his head to the west, the western wall exploded inward. The fins of one of the Chitauri worm cruisers sliced through the concrete, steel and stone as if it were nothing. In time it took Alex to blink in shock, his father was gone. His mother howled in raw mourning. The only thing left of his father was a stain upon the floor near where he had been standing.

A moment later, the hero, Iron Man, flew passed to engage the menace. Too late, his dad was gone. Alex's heart pounded. His mouth dry. The sounds of war faded into a muffled background noise as his mother's weeping filled his ears. He stayed there, in her arms for hours, but merely only a few heartbeats. His mother began screaming.

"NO! No! No!!! STAY AWAY!!!"

Shee stood and pushed him behind her. The nearly electric sound of the Chitauri weapon blocked all other sound as she fell back over him in a lifeless heap. Two Chitauri troopers stood upon a chariot hovering outside the gash in the building. The second leveled his weapon atthe boy. Young Alex steeled himself for the coming pain. Instead, both troopers sprouted an arroe from their chests. The chariot then careened away. A man with a bow darted away and climbed to a higher building top. Alex's world ground to a halt.

TIME: 4:45pm
DATE: April 5, 2016
PLACE: Office of Dr Elana Shewster, Phd -Psychiatry

"Mrs. Fulton, how has Alex been doing?" Dr. Shewster asked.

"Same as always, Doctor. He's been in our home for nearly four years and he's never uttered a single word. We've tried everything you suggested and he just won't respond," his foster mother replied.

"What about school? Being non-verbal must be hindering him."

"That's the strange part, Dr. Shewster, His grades are good. He has a B average and his teachers says he's capable of doing better. Though one of our other foster kids, Lilly, says that the kids pick on him terribly. They're in the same grade. The same classes, actually. I'm thinking of home schooling him again, before he gets hurt."

"That's a reasonable idea. Is Lilly close with Alex? How does he respond to her?"

"She's as close as anyone. He'll even sit and listen to her babble on about fifteen year old girls troubles. He doesn't seem as distsant when he's listening to her."

"That's good. If you decide to home school him, do so with her as well. She may be the key to getting him to open up. Keep them together. I think it will help. What do you think, Alex?"

"..."

TIME: 10:32am
DATE: May 5, 2016
PLACE: Brooklyn Public High School, NYC, NY

"What a Freak!!" Tony laughed.

"Poor little baby can't talk yet!" Eric chimed in, " I wonder if he'll cry??!!!"

The two older boys had Alex in the corner of a dead end hallway. Alex tried to push his way passed but the forcefully threw him back into the corner. Alex said nothing. Seeing only weakness in their prey, the two boys commenced to punching him. Alex said nothing. The pounding continued until he was seated in the corner, receiving kick after kick from the larger boys.

"Stop IT!!!" Lilly shouted as she turned into the blind corner and saw what was going on. She rushed between the boys and started to kneel at Alex's side. But Eric caught a fistful of her hair and hauled her up to her feet.

The sounds of explosions echoes in Alex's mind.

"Ah looky, Alex, your Mommy came to save you!!" Tony scoffed.

The wall of his old apartment crumbled away in Alex's mind's eye.

"Shut up, Lilly. Ain't nobody ever comes down this way and baby-boy here ain't gonna tell no one, nuthin'. Why don't you just relax, maybe you can enjoy yourself a little..."

The sound of a Chitauri weapon charging burned in the young man's ears. His helplessness had boiled into a rage. Where the two boys stood, Alex saw the lifeless face maskes of the alien invaders. With a dry voice, it boiled over in a single word, "No.."

The surprised boys looked down at the boy who had never spoken before. In that instant, Alex stood and swung a balled fist into Tony's chin. A sick pop and crack was heard as the boy's mouth slammed shut and several teeth cracked. But he wasn't done moving. His momentum carried him forward and he stepped and spun. Now a little behind Eric, Alex's back fist landed on the boy's right side floating ribs. Eric let go as he fell with the wind knocked out of him. Alex took a step toward the fallen boy but Lilly grabbed his arm. He looked at her hands and then to her face. He then spoke again in a raspy voice, "Never touch her again."

TIME: 4:45pm
DATE: May 8, 2016
PLACE: Office of Dr Elana Shewster, Phd -Psychiatry

It was the first time Dr. Shewster had actually heard her patience voice. Though now talking, his words were few. He answered her questions but offered nothing more. She was encouraged by his communication but admonished his violence. His only response was, "I couldn't just watch it happen." The doctor recommended that he take a few days to gather himself before returning to school. He agreed and returned home with his foster mother.

Alex knew that something had changed. Not only had he been let free of his mental prison, but he had physically changed as well. Since the fight, he had awoken to painful muscles, eyes and joints. He had always worn ill fitting hand me down clothes but he filled them out much better. His bruises and bloody knuckles were healed already. Even the night's darkness seemed brighter.

He thought about the day his parents had died. He had been helpless. But the man in black had saved him. Hawkeye, was his name. He was an Avenger. Six people had saved the world. The bowman had no powers and had saved him. Six against thousands. Alex didn't blame the Avengers. He knew that the aliens were to blame. But a guy with a bow stood against an army of high tech aliens. Alex decided that his new abilities would be used to help others. He'd never be helpless again.

From then, moving forward, Alex spent his time at the local Boys/Girls Club on the computer. U-Tube was full of how to videos for everything he'd need. He watched hours and hours of videos learning martial arts maneuvers and parkour moves. At night, he would sneak out of the house and practice what he had watched. He wore an old set of black sweats and hoodie and began running the rooftops in Brooklyn. Over a few months, he became comfortable in his new skin.

TIME: 1:20am
DATE: November 13, 2016
PLACE: A darkened alley in Brooklyn, NY

He had been training for this. He had donned an abandoned rubber skull mask that he had found after Halloween. He had been watching the drug dealers for a while. He knew all of their sellers had brought in the week's take. They were meeting their supplier in the alleyway down below. He waited for all of the players to get onto the board. As the exchange began, he dropped down into their midst. A fluid dance of chaotic movement and violence ensued. Gun fire rang out and drug dealers flew. In the end, all fifteen of them were unconscious and he had only gotten shot twice.
"Damn that hurts," he thought to himself. He grabbed up most of the drugs and all of the money. He left enough to be evidence for the cops. At the sound of sirens he left. Later, he poured the drugs into a public toilet and added a bottle of plumber's muratic acid. Once desolved, he flushed the mess. He then made his way, via rooftop, to the Boys Club roof. He stashed most of his money in the hallow of the roof behind a concrete peice that was too heavy for a normal to move.

Over then next few weeks, he bought several gift cards to various sporting goods and survival stores. With these, he purchased the items he needed to better equip himself.

Neoprene skull face mask
Workout sleeveless hoodie.
Under armor pants an long sleeve shirt.
Kevlar hunting vest
Black nylon miltary web belt and pouches.
18" nylock zip ties.
50 lb. bag of potatoes (Burlap)
4 bottles baby powder
4 cans of Cayenne Pepper powder.
24 1" steel ball bearings
Powdered lead lined sap gloves
Steel toed boots, black nylon "jump boot" styling
Halloween creepy voice changer

After months of patrolling the nights of Brooklyn, the media gave him the moniker of Night Hunter. He liked it. He wanted the bullies and crooks to feel hunted.
Last edited by Night Hunter on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Night sees everything. Now I see you."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just noting I'll post up my replacement character later this evening. The build is done just need to write up the complications and background. I decided to go with the more espionage Splint Cell/Solid Snake character as he has more growth potential.

Looking at Night Hunter there, they have a few similarities, but I mean that in the way chocolate and vanilla ice cream are both ice cream. High have parkour and leaping, but are built slightly different, and beyond that Night Hunter would be the Hawkeye while my character would be more the Black Widow.
Syncretik

Post by Syncretik »

Would I be OK to re-apply with my original character, or would you prefer I came up with something new?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Updated and hooooo boy what an update. I shifted a few points around and gave him a whole slew of spy-tech gear, mostly inspired out of the Gadget Guide and by the equipment guidelines, it is all technology that currently exists. I also changed his knife for an asp baton. it felt more "good guy" than a knife.

The spy-tech apps are all in the wrist-comp, so if that gets damaged, he loses that whole array. I picture it being kinda like Robin's wrist comp in Young Justice. All in all though, despite the fact I gave him a whole friggin' toy box of spy toys, most of it is low-impact effects that may even possibly never come up in game. They should all be pretty self evident in their effects, but if there are any that aren't clear, ask away.

The only one I have any concern about and put in there for concept, but can remove if StarGuard disagrees with me, is the smoke pellets. They area an area effect, and an attack even, but not damage or affliction. Just creates a cloud of smoke that he can't even see through himself so doesn't give him any real combat advantage. More distraction and escape. Again, I can nix it for the time being and add it in later, but it suits the character.
Name: Maverick (Original name unknown, goes by Rick in civilian)
Age: Approximately 32 (Looks younger due to gene therapy)
Height: 6'0"
Weight: 190lbs
Eyes: Amber
Hair: Black
Skin: Caucasian
Power Level: 8
Power Points: 120
Hero Points: 1
[66]ABI [11]DEF [13]SKI [14]ADV [16]POW

[66]Abilities
Strength: 2
Stamina: 6
Agility: 5
Dexterity: 4
Fighting: 9
Intellect: 3
Awareness: 2
Presence: 2

[*]Combat[*]
Initiative: +5
Unarmed: +12 DC17 Tgh (Bluedgeon)
Knife: +12 DC19 Tgh (Bluedgeon)
Pistol: +12 DC19 Tgh (Bluedgeon)

[11]Defenses
Toughness: + 7 (4+3)
Dodge: + 9 (5+4)
Parry: + 9 (9+0)
Fortitude: + 6 (6+0)
Will: + 9 (2+7)

[13]Skills(26sp)
Deception 2*+4(+8), Investigation 6(+9), R.C (Pistols) 4(+8), Sleight of Hand 4*+1(+9), Stealth 5(+10), Technology 6(+10)
*Free from houseules

[14]Advantages
Close Attack 3, Contacts, Defensive Roll, Equipment 7, Jack-of-all-trades, Well-Informed

[35/35]Equipment
Combat Gear [13]
( 1) Customized Ammunition: Variable Descriptor 1 on Pistol
(10) Customized Heavy Pistol: Ranged Damage 4, Accurate 2
( 1) AE Collapsible Staff: Strength-based Damage 2, Subtle(Concealable)
( 1) AE Smoke Pellets: Concealment 2(Visual), Area(Cloud), Attack, Ranged
Utility Gear [11]
( 2) Flashlight: Environment 1 (Light), Subtle(Ultraviolet Light)
( 1) Lockpick Kit: Feature (Tools, Technology)
( 1) Multi-tool: Feature (Reduce penalty for lacking correct tools)
( 2) Swingline: Movement 1 (Swinging)
( 1) Tracers: Senses 1 (Tracking)
( 1) UV Lenses: Senses 1 (Ultravision)
( 1) Voice Mask: Illusion 4 (Aural), Limited to Voices, Quirk (Requires voiece sample to emulate a specific voice)
( 2) Wrist-Comp: Feature (Tools, Technology), Feature (Can project holographic displays)
Spy-Tech Apps [11]
( 7) Biometric Decoder: Morph 2 (biometric access data), Precise, Limited to Biometrics, Limited (Requires biometric sample)
( 1) AE Bug Monitoring: Remote Sensing 6 (Audio and Visual, 1/2 mile), Subtle, Limited to Transmiter Placement, Medium (Transmitters)
( 1) AE Digital Recorder: Feature 2 (Recording, Audio and Video), Feature (Can record in UV lighting as Senses 1 (Ultravision)), Subtle & Senses 2 (Extended Auditory and Visual)
( 1) AE Electronic Lockpick: Feature 4 (Major bonus to Technology checks to open electronic locks and to crack passwords), Subtle
( 1) AE Text/Voice to Text Translator Apps: Comprehend 3 (Languages: Speak, Read, Understand), Quirk (Being understood requires 'listener' to read)

[16]Powers
Combat Talents, Array
[ 8pp] Counter Stance: Deflect 9, Reflect, Close, Quirk (Ranged attacks are not reflected)
[ 1pp] AE Flurry: Multiattack 4, Variable Descriptor 2 (Any attack effect weilded up to the attack's rank)

Utility Talents, Multiple Powers
[ 1pp] Blindspot: Concealment 2 (Visual senses), Blending, Passive
[ 4pp] Parkour: Movement 4 (Safe Fall, Sure-Footed 2, Wall-Crawling 1), Limited to movement in man-made environments
[ 1pp] Perfect Balance: Movement 1 (Wall-Crawling added to existing rank), Limited to upright movement
[ 1pp] Vaulting: Leaping 2, Check Required 1 (Acrobatics, DC11-12)

Complications:
Enemy (Spectre): As far as the suits at Spectre are concerned, they made Maverick and they would like their property back. Thanks to Maverick's knowledge of their workings, it's not so simple for them to retrieve him, but Spectre has many assets, including other agents they can utilizxe.

Motivation (Justice): Maverick is a product of injustice, taken and 'created' against his will. He has the ability to strike back against those who inflict injustice upon others and he's gonna damn well use it.

On the Index: Part of Maverick's asylum required he register on the index, despite not having any conventional powers, various unknown factors in the gene therapy used by Specre and the intention to use Maverick for a forming team made it necessary.

Phobia (Snakes): Part of Spectre's conditioning process includes a phobia-based control, an element they can use against their agents in the event of disobediance. For Maverick, it is snakes. Being in the presense of a snake without the means to extricate himself brings on painful and immobilizing migraines.

Reputation (Spy): Being a known espionage expert tends to cast one in a light of suspicion at basically all times. People aren't typically willing to divulge sensitive information to a spy without a reason.

Secret (Amnesia): Spectre actually augments their agents' memories after missions to keep them from retaining sensitive information once it has been relayed. The thing is, the information is not gone per se, but locked away. Who knows what sensitive secrets Maverick has locked away in his head.

Background:
Maverick doesn't remember his childhood. Not exactly anyways. He knows he was a kid at some point, and on the street before some men in black suits dragged him into an unmarked black van and took off. Everything is kind of hazy after that, though he knows there was obviously some kind of training and gene therapy, but trying to remember it only brings memories of intense, blinding pain. The suits that picked him, and dozens of other kids, off the street belong to a black ops organization called Spectre. He and the other orphans were intended to be lab rats for a new gene therapy intended to create superior agents, not too dissimilar to the super soldier serum that had seen several attempts at recreation.

While the therapy did not have the full Captain America effect, it did see improved physical and mental attributes in its subjects, and heightened talents in various areas. For some it made them more violent and suited as assassins, though for others like Maverick, they became more receptive and suited for training as espionage experts. Specret loaned out their agents, partly as training exersizes but also as research income, to all manner of groups with a rainbow of agendas and allegiances.

Due to mental conditioning however, Maverick doesn't know how many missions he had been on previously, or what those missions were. Over time however, after repeated reconditionings, he started to notice things, things he could grasp onto and hang on through the conditioning to keep himself, and the next time he was sent on a mission to collect data from the databases of Pym Industries, he took the opprtunity to intentionally get himself caught, effectively escaping Spectre who could not act openly to retreive him.

After explaining why he had gotten himself intentionally caught, his name was passed on as a candadate for a new group forming that could utilize his talents in exchange for asylum from the shadow organization that wanted him back, and would come for him. It was only a matter of time.

Personality:
Maverick is a little enigmatic, at times coming off mysterious and aloof, usually while working, while at others somewhat awkward socially due to his mind being a bit of a scattered mess due to repeated mental conditioning and a lack of social conditioning from growing up with a Spectre training regimen rather than in a school with kids his own age. However this also means he tends to approach certain things with a childlike sense of wonder and enjoyment, like sweets, which are basically his favorite thing.
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

I'm interested in submitting something for this. Just to be sure, are Area effects still off-limits to start with?
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

>Basic concept is a low-level paragon. While she BELIEVES that she is divinely empowered, I'm actually going to leave that undetermined for the sake of flexibility. Obviously lots of growth potential to build up to much more serious Paragon levels.

>"Did you think that Asgardians were the only gods who walk upon the earth?"

Codename: Devi
Concept: Paragon
5'6"; 125 lbs
-Dual citizen (US/India), of Indian descent

PL 8; 120/ 120 pp

GAME STATS:
Abilities: (30 pp)
STR 0 (Enhanced 9)/ STA 4 (Enhanced 10) / DEX 0 / AGI 4
FGT 2 (Enhanced 6) / INT 1 / AWE 3 / PRE 1

Defenses: (5 pp)
Toughness: +4/+10 (Impervious 2)(0pp)
Parry: +2/+6 (0pp)
Dodge: +6 (2pp)
Fortitude: +4/+10 (0pp)
Will: +6 (3pp)

Immunity: Disease, Poison, Aging

Offense:
Initiative: +4
Close attack: (+2) +6
Ranged attack: +0

-Specific attacks:
>Divine strike (unarmed): +6; DC 25 (Penetrating 1)
-Thrown object: +0; DC variable (up to 25)
-'Divine gaze': +10; DC 21 (Penetrating 1)
-Disrupting strike: +8; DC 18 FORT (Daze/Stun/Incapacitate; Cumulative)
-Grab: +6; DC 19

Skills: (18sp= 9 pp)
>Trained: Acrobatics +5 (1sp); Athletics +1 (1sp)(enhanced +10); Deception +2 (1sp); Insight +5 (enhanced +7; 2sp); Intimidation +2 (1sp); Investigation +2 (1sp); Perception +5 (2sp); Persuasion +3 (1sp, +1 campaign PRE bonus); Technology +2 (1sp); Expertise- Streetwise +4 (3sp); Expertise- bodyguard +3 (2sp); Expertise- pop culture (mostly Bollywood) +2 (1sp); Expertise- Religion/folklore (Hindu) +2 (1sp)

>Untrained: Sleight of hand +0; Stealth +4; Treatment +1; Vehicles +0

Advantages: (12 pp)
-Accurate attack
-Attractive x1
-Benefit 1: Cipher 1
-Benefit 1: Alternate ID (Actually, this is her only ID- her true history is all but unknown, so this ID was manufactured to allow her to have a 'real life')
-Benefit 1: Money (well off)
-Connected ("Ganesh" et al.)
-Equipment x1 (Smartphone w/ GPS and camera)
-Fast grab
-Improved grab
-Interpose
-Languages x1 (Hindu)
-Uncanny dodge

>To add: Ultimate effort (Toughness)(possibly as a power), combat advantages (improved training)

>Enhanced Advantages (bought as Powers): Diehard, Great endurance, Assessment, Fearless, Luck 1 (recover), Luck 1 (inspiration)

POWERS:
>Divine durability
-Enhanced Stamina: STA +6 (10)(12pp)
-Regeneration 1, Persistent, +Regrowth (3pp)
-Immunity 3 (Aging, Disease, Poison)(3pp)
-Enhanced advantages: Diehard, Great endurance (2pp)
-Protection +0, Impervious 2 (2pp)
(To add: Improve Immunities, Immortality)

>Divine awareness:
-Enhanced advantage: Luck x1 (Inspiration)(1pp)
-Senses 1: Danger sense (1pp)
-Senses 4: Darkvision, Vision counters illusion; Noticeable (eyes glow), Sustained (2pp)
-'Read the hearts of men' Enhanced skill: Insight +2 (1pp)
(To add: Comprehend Spirits; Vision counter shapeshifting, other enhancements)

>Spirit of the Warrior goddess
-Enhanced FGT +4 (8pp)
-Enhanced advantages: Assessment, Fearless, Luck x1 (Recover)

>Divine power
-Enhanced STR+9 (18pp)
-AE- Divine gaze: Ranged damage 6, Accurate x5, Penetrating 1 (18pp/ 1pp AE)
-AE- "More than mortal flesh can bear": Affliction 8; Daze/Stun/Incapacitated; Resist- FORT, Recover- FORT; Cumulative; Accurate x1; Affects insubstantial x1 (18pp/ 1pp AE)
(Stunts: Burrowing, Thunderclap, Entropy strike vs. Objects)

>Divine strike
-Close damage STR +1 (+10 total)(1pp)
-Penetrating 1, for unarmed strike damage (1pp)
-Affects insubstantial 1, for unarmed strike damage (1pp)

>Walk among the heavens:
-Flight 1 (2pp)
(Stunt/AE: Leaping)
-'Superhero landing': Movement 1 (Safe fall), Limited (Noticeable, and causes significant collateral damage)(1pp)

BACKGROUND:
History: For five years, the world at large has known that beings as powerful as gods now walk among them- but there are those who have known it for far longer than that (or so they claim). And there are those who wish to harness the power of these beings, and turn it to their own ends. While the American experiments into creating superpowered beings are the best known, there have been other attempts- one such man, a self-proclaimed prophet of the new age, wrought his work in India. Taking children who would not be missed, the so-called Dr. Rama implanted his charges with the Seeds of Divinity, what he claimed were fragments of divine beings. In the chaotic days that followed the Battle of New York ("The Incident"), his experiments bore fruit, and several of his children were empowered, as he had hoped, with abilities which might rival the gods.

"I don't remember everything, but I will tell you all that I do remember. I was 14 when the world learned that the gods walk among us- but by then I already knew this. I knew that both gods and monsters walk the earth- and I had met some of each. My real name, whatever it was, is unimportant. I lived in Mumbai, in the sort of slum that few civilized folk ever see. I had a family, and a home, but we lived in terrible conditions. We had heard the rumors of a man who was choosing children for some form of project- he promised money for the families, and education and security for the children- but if these rewards were not enough, they said, then he simply TOOK whoever he wanted, and they were never seen again. But so many children died on those streets every day, and adults as well- of disease, or starvation, or a hundred other causes- I would like to think that my parents, wherever they are, gave me up for my own good, and took his money, made their own lives better. But really, who knows. Dr. Rama,as he called himself, had outfitted an abandoned warehouse as a massive laboratory- though he called it a temple. His assistants never spoke to us, and hid their faces behind masks- but the doctor dressed as a holy man from some ancient epic. He taught us, lectured us- and brainwashed us. He would make us all into gods, he said, or at the least into Devis, what you Christians might call Angels, agents of the divine powers. And in return, he would lead us, his own holy army, and we would remake the world- forge it as he wished; it would be a better world for everyone, though only he could see it. And we would have to fight, he said that from the start- there would be those who struggled against his visions, unholy agents disguised as men, but with the power of gods themselves, or demons... For all his fervor, he was a clever, careful man- whatever process he used to grant us our divine gifts it was not quick, and not without risk. Some of those who were given the blessing, implanted with the Seeds of godhood, could not handle that sudden power, and they died. The rest of us practiced in secret, and fell deeper under his control- our minds were not our own.

But after That Day, what many call "The Incident", he grew impatient- and somehow worried, as if his visions tormented him, or as if he knew something was wrong. He raged at us, as if we were at fault, and threatened us- he said he would destroy us and start again. Some of us had a tiny hint of awareness left, and we began to worry. Under his guidance, we had been given names which evoked the gods whose essence had blessed us. I was called Durga, after the great demon-slayer. Finally, the doctor made a terrible, fatal mistake- he provoked the most powerful of his godlings, the one called Shiva, who possessed the ability to generate explosive bursts of plasma. Unfortunately for everyone nearby, the doctor was defended by another of his 'children, Kali, who could drain energy (even life energy) from her surroundings.

"The resulting battle left most of Dr. Rama's godlings dead, including both Shiva and Kali- it also claimed the doctor's life, and the lives of hundreds more in the surrounding neighborhood, which was all but leveled. Shiva was, in fact, still (barely) alive when the Avengers arrived on scene- just alive enough to put up a fight, but not enough to stop the Hulk. The doctor's temple/laboratory was completely obliterated, but the damage to the surrounding area was so catastrophic that no one noticed the loss. Well, no one ELSE noticed... We noticed, the two of us, Ganesh and I... We watched the whole thing- from a safe distance. As soon as the fight started, we fled the temple- neither of us could stand against the powers that were unleashed. And well, walls were no obstacle to Ganesh. But we witnessed the destruction that was visited upon the neighborhood, and upon all those poor innocents... We saw the Avengers come, and watched the end of the only life we could remember- and then we fled again, ran farther away.

"And we began to build new lives for ourselves. Ganesh remembered more of his past than i did of mine, and he was so very clever. I helped out where I could, or where he told me to. I took work as a bodyguard, here and there. From what we had seen, it felt right somehow, to be protecting people. Time passed, years, as we slowly built lives for ourselves. I did not remember much, but I learned new things, made new memories. With the help of one of my clients, Ganesh even made a new identity for me- the name I use now is not the name I was born to, and I have no idea where my family might be, if they still live.

"But while we were building our lives, the world changed around us. It became more dangerous, more violent- we saw the Avengers on television, and other beings who were nearly as gods. As we were ourselves... I wanted to help more, but Ganesh urged caution- and in the end, I obeyed, for his cleverness had saved us before. But then, we saw the disaster in Sokovia, and watched things unravel, all around the world... When the UN passed the Accords, we reached a parting of the ways, at least for now. I decided that the time had come, and I would step out of the shadows, to serve those in need. Ganesh, ever clever and ever cautious,wanted to stay out of sight. But we are still friends, and he build an identity for me, so that I could dwell in the wider world once more. And with that, I traveled to New York- in part, to see where, in a sense, all this had begun and to pay reverence to those who had been lost; and in part, to register under the Accords in person at the UN Building there.

Complications:
-Gods and monsters: While Shivani BELIEVES she knows the origin of her powers, the truth of the matter is not known. Perhaps Dr. Rama's experiments did implant some sort of 'divine essence' into his subjects, perhaps he was (knowingly or not) another tentacle in one of HYDRA's many projects, perhaps Shivani and the other successful subjects are actually Inhumans and the "God-seeds" were, in fact, Terrigenesis (though, again, whther the Doctor realized this is another story. In any case, the truth of Shivani's origin is unknown (left open for GM narrative flexibility) BUT an awful lot of people either think they know the truth, or are VERY interested in finding it out- even if that means capturing her and subjecting her to further experimentation. In addition to obvious candidates like HYDRA (or whatever fragments of that group are still on the loose), it often seems like every two-bit mad scientist wants a piece of her. And while Shivani also believes that most of her 'siblings' are dead, she could be wrong- and any of them would also be very interested in 'reconnecting' with her, whether she wants to or not (since most of them were dangerous and insane before their supposed deaths)... And, of course, there is always the possibility that Dr. Rama isn't dead (or IS dead, but isn't letting that interfere with his plans).

-"With friends like these...": The only other (known) survivor of Dr. Rama's experiments is a streetwise 'fixer' and dealmaker who uses the alias "Ganesh" (and possesses impressive teleportation powers). He and Shivani were close friends for some time after their escape, and they worked through many of the problems with their "recovery" together. Ganesh mostly operates in Asia, and while he is not exactly a criminal he is also not exactly NOT a criminal either (though he is basically good at heart, and opposed to violence). He has done Shivani a number of favors, and she has done favors for him- perhaps he might call upon her for a simple task (or she might need to call upon him). He has a way of turning up at odd times, and even his most innocuous requests are often more complicated than they appear. In addition, Shivani has done bodyguard work and other 'interesting' tasks for a number of rich, famous, or powerful people (again, mostly but not exclusively in India or other parts of Asia)- one of them might try to hire her for a "quick little errand".

-I volunteer as tribute: (Motivation) Shivani devoutly believes that she exists to protect to the innocent and defenseless from danger and destruction, especially the danger posed by superpowered beings. She will never hesitate to step in when 'normals' are threatened, no matter what the odds.

-Tough enough?: Shivani's powers are still growing (and, in fact, seem to be improving faster since she has begun using them more)- which leads her to be a bit overconfident.

-Slap fight: Shivani believes that she has been empowered to protect normal people from superhuman threats. As such, she typically holds back when facing opponents who are not obviously superhuman- even those whose superior training or technology makes them as dangerous as many supers. (For example, in MCU terms, she would hold back and 'fight down' against someone like Black Widow or Hawkeye, though they can hand her her head in a fight, and even against someone like Luke Cage or Jessica Jones, until they revealed their true abilities- but someone as obvious as Iron Man would be treated as a true threat)

-On the index: As required by the terms of the Sokovia Accords, Shivani is a registered metahuman, and proud of it.

Description: Shivani is a young woman of Indian ancestry, with red-brown skin, brown eyes, and long black hair (typically worn in a single thick braid). She has the toned and slender build of a dancer, and is just a bit above average height. She tends to dress in fairly simple, comfortable clothing, and does not have a 'costume'. When dressed up for a formal or fancy occasion, she tends to wear traditional Indian clothing (brightly colored and elaborately embroidered) rather than western attire.

>Point Accounting: Abilities 30 pp; +Defenses 5 pp; +Skills 9 pp; +Advantages 12 pp; +Powers 64 pp= 120/ 120 pp

>Capsule: Shivani believes that she has received some fragment of divine essence (from Durga, perhaps?), and while she does not believe that she herself is a goddess, she does see herself as a divine agent of sorts (comparable to one of the higher orders of angels). She believes that it is her mission to help protect the world and its mortal inhabitants from superhuman and/or supernatural beings of ill intent.
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 10 times in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:34 am I'm interested in submitting something for this. Just to be sure, are Area effects still off-limits to start with?
Since StarGuard did not mention any changes to the house rules, it is a safe assumption they stand as they were.
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

@ Epic: Some small comments on Maverick.

- You have Assessment, but with no ranks in Insight you'll only be rolling it at +2, so there may be a different advantage you'd get more use out of.
- You could increase your Fighting to 9 and drop off 4 ranks in Parry and Close Attack. This is really personal preference, since nothing changes at all in the end.
- Your Leaping is based on Athletics, but you'd succeed more often with Acrobatics (+3 vs +5). Acrobatics is what you usually see on Leaping anyway. Also, the DC should be 10 instead of 11, since "with a base difficulty of 10, +1 for each additional rank in Check Required." So only one rank is DC 10.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Bill from Accounting wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:14 am @ Epic: Some small comments on Maverick.

- You have Assessment, but with no ranks in Insight you'll only be rolling it at +2, so there may be a different advantage you'd get more use out of.
- You could increase your Fighting to 9 and drop off 4 ranks in Parry and Close Attack. This is really personal preference, since nothing changes at all in the end.
- Your Leaping is based on Athletics, but you'd succeed more often with Acrobatics (+3 vs +5). Acrobatics is what you usually see on Leaping anyway. Also, the DC should be 10 instead of 11, since "with a base difficulty of 10, +1 for each additional rank in Check Required." So only one rank is DC 10.
Thanks for the input from the accounting department, Bill. ;)

Good catch on the assessment. I mean, it's against enemy deception and they don't always HAVE that or even a decent presence score, but yeah, it would have been less useful in general running on a mere +2.Would have been largely vs mooks I imagine.

I main reason I didn't increase my fighting to 9 is benchmarks. 5 is Best in a nation. He could compete in Olympic martial arts. 9 is between low and moderate superhuman, which he really isn't. You are correct in that it doesn't make any mechanical difference, so I may just change it to make it easier to follow. (And I did mention the possibility of some powers based on gene therapy...low-mid superhuman level fighting prowess could be precursor to that)

And Leaping is SUPPOSED to be off acrobatics as it is in the Talent Powers guide, so that's just a typo. :mrgreen: But the DC is technically 11 to get any effect. Hitting 10 doesn't actually DO anything since you get ranks based on how much you exceed the DC. So to get 1 rank, you need at least 11. So putting DC11 is shorthand for remembering that I need at least 11 to get any actual effect.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Night Hunter wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:18 pm Night Hunter aka Alex Sparks
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 325 lbs.
Just noticed this, but that is one HEAVY, guessing teenager. I'm 5'10" myself and weight 215lbs with a fairly broad body structure equal muscle and pudge.