OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Recruiting]

Post by EpicEclipse »

And Plan A should be in the top bit. He was already in, just T0DOSKER was being unresponsive.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Captain Chaos: Miss America
Maverick EpicEclipse
Todosker's Humongously Handsome Hulk:

Pangborn the Mystic Bladewind
Velox Doctor Malysn
Night Hunter Night Hunter
Devi pathfinderq1
Thunderbird Hawk
Flynnarrel's Door
Camus' sushi slicer

I think that`s all the new submissions
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Thanks. I'll start looking this afternoon at some stuff. Nothing deep, this cold is kicking my butt.

Stalker: could you list the cost of your powers please? I think you might be cheating yourself possible points with the utility belt build. I'd go with an array unless you had something you thought likely to use in combination ... and in that case maybe to arrays ?

Assistance from BW and EE is encouraged :)
Last edited by StarGuard on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hope you feel better soon, Star Guard!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Ouch! Hopefully you're feeling better soon SG! If you're up to it, there's a PM waiting for you and if that is acceptable I can put a pitch together.

It doesn't look like you're hurting for applicants though so if the concept doesn't grab you, I'll withdraw my interest.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

[2] Darkvision: Senses 2 (Counters Concealment: Darkness)
[1] Enhanced Hearing: Senses 1 (Extended: Hearing 1: x10)
[2] Sap Gloves & Steel-Toed Boots (Removable)
. . Strike: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23)
[2[ Leaping: Leaping 2 (Leap 30 feet at 8 miles/hour)
[6] Parkour: Movement 6 (Environmental Adaptation: Urban, Safe Fall, Sure-footed 2, Wall-crawling 2: full speed; Check Required: DC 10 - Acrobatics, Limited: Moving in Urban Environments [5 ranks only])
[2] Regeneration: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)
[2] Under Armor (Removable)
. . Armor: Protection 3 (+3 Toughness)
Utility Belt (Removable)
[4]. . Pepper sacks: Affliction 4 (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 14)
. . Throwing Weapon: 1" Ball Bearing (Removable)
[11]. . . . Damage: Strength-based Damage 3 (DC 23; Increased Range: ranged)
[3]. . Zip Ties: Affliction 6 (1st degree: Hindered and Vulnerable, 2nd degree: Defenseless and Immobilized, DC 16; Alternate Resistance (Dodge), Extra Condition; Custom: Cannot be used in combat, Limited Degree)
Yeah, this power block is a little bit messy, so let's see if we can clean it up.
Natural Powers:
[ 3] Enhanced Senses: Senses 3 (Darkvision, Extended Hearing)
[ 2] Leaping: Leaping 2
[ 6] Parkour: Movement 6 (Environmental Adaptation: Urban, Safe Fall, Sure-footed 2, Wall-crawling 2: full speed; Check Required: DC 10 - Acrobatics, Limited: Moving in Urban Environments [5 ranks only])
[ 2] Healing Factor: Regeneration 2 (Every 5 rounds)

Devices:
[9pp] Utility Belt Weapons, Array 11 points with 1 alternative effects, Removable(-3pp)
-[11] 1" Ball Bearings: Strength-Based Damage 3, Ranged(8)
-[ 1] AE: Pepper Sacks: Affliction 8 (1st degree: Hindered, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 18)

[4pp] Armored Costume, Removable(-2pp)
-[ 3] Sap Gloves & Steel-Toed Boots: Strength-Based Damage 3
-[ 3] Under Armor: Protection 3
So my total comes to 26pp, not sure how you (or HeroLab) got 22pp. The only thing I can think of is forgetting ranged needs to be applied to your strength as well to make it a rank 8 ranged damage attack (The cost difference there is 5, and accounting for removing 1 points from an array(see below), that would make the difference of 4 points we see here). I applied it correctly in my calculation and increased the rank of your pepper sacks accordingly.

I put the gloves, boots and armor together as a single costume because not sure why they wouldn't be. Cost is the same either way really, but conceptually this is more appropriate. Should always try to condense devices where you can.

Also left out the zip ties because you don't really need to spend that kind of points on something you don't use in combat. There is a piece of equipment called Restraints which can just as simply be zip ties which costs 1 equipment point and A) has a better DC than what you had, and B) doesn't much around with affliction mechanics making attack rolls and saves against it. You simply apply them while the target is helpless and they have a DC20 to break free. So if you want zip ties, it's more appropriate to take them as equipment rather than a power.

If I might offer a suggestion, I'd make some of that stuff, namely the under armor and gloves/boots into Equipment. It's much cheaper and tech-level appropriate, and you can always grow out of it later into a more high tech device-based costume.

If you were to do that, your power cost would drop to 20, and you'd need a mere 2 ranks of Equipment, which would bring you to 120pp even if I am not mistaken. You could even drop the utility belt items into equipment as well to save even more points (they are just pepper sacks and ball bearings after all and CAN still be applied as an array under equipment)

So if the costume is 6 equipment points and the utility belt is 13 (adding 1 back in for restraints) That's going from 12pp as devices to 4pp of Equipment. And you can always imrpvoe to devices later on as growth.

Alternatively, put the utility belt as equipment and just make him naturally tough with striking power. The 9pp of powers going into 3 ranks of equipment frees up 6 points, which makes it possible to take removable off the protection and strength based damage, then he isn't reliant on gear to take a hit or do full PL damage, at least in melee. The end cost should come out to 120pp as well. (Doing this on my phone, so not able to really check everything to make sure the total is completely correct, but it should be close. Powers total would be 18, and advantages would go up by 3. Based on the 22 under powers presently, that should leave you at 119. If you were to sink the protection and melee damage into equipment as well, that still only need 4 ranks of equipment, leaving powers costing 12, saving you a few extra points, like 5pp)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

ABILITIES: 60pp
STRENGTH 10, STAMINA 10, AGILITY 0, DEXTERITY 0, FIGHTING 6, INTELLECT 0, AWARENESS 4, PRESENCE 4

SKILLS: 14pp
Deception 6 (+10), Insight 6 (+10), Intimidation 6 (+11), Persuasion 10 (+18)
Just notice your bonuses on Intimidation and Persuasion are off. Not accounting for growth or attractive since it seems you didn't, your intimidation should be +10 like the other siills with 6 ranks and your pursuation should be +14.

Growth adds to intimidate, though I don't recall offhand how much, and Attractive 2 is +5 but only situationally, so can be confusing if you add it to your base bonus without having a notation regarding part of the bonus being from attractive.(though that last bit may be more personal preference given the situational nature of attractive)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

So shall we start to stoke up the engine on the hype train? :D
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Thanks all. If we weren't gearing up for Black Friday (*cough* Thursday) I might get a chance to actually rest and sleep a day or two. Just keep pushing through until next week we get a minor breather.

EE thank you for your input on Stalker. You and Bladewind are two go to members for cleaning up a build and you brought up a few things about making an array with equipment and such I had meant to suggest. Admitted not every player wants a fine edge on the blade but it's good to know. Much appreciation.

I don't know if I put a date on accepting submissions (yeah I'm that out of it) but this weekend is a hard cut off and I'll post decision my day off during the week - usually Wednesday. At that point I'll look for rsvp(?) and post an opening scenario - for the entire group.

HP to Plan A and Miss America. I'll be using your scenarios as a springboard :)
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

Glad to see you've been able to work through it Starguard. Curious if you've given any consideration to the idea I pm'd you, I can have the build & background up if it appealed to you.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:20 am EE thank you for your input on Stalker. You and Bladewind are two go to members for cleaning up a build.
I've been deferring to EE - He's a tad stronger on the build fu than I am, and has better counter suggestions.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:44 am
StarGuard wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:20 am EE thank you for your input on Stalker. You and Bladewind are two go to members for cleaning up a build.
I've been deferring to EE - He's a tad stronger on the build fu than I am, and has better counter suggestions.
Because my ego needed to be bigger.... :roll: :twisted:
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Well, I'm eager to se how the results come about this time around. ^^

And I have to agree (and inflate their ego even more), I really do appreciate build advice as well. Epic and Zero helped me smooth out some of the rough edges on Velox, and as such I'm grateful.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:44 am Because my ego needed to be bigger.... :roll: :twisted:
lol ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bill from Accounting

Post by Bill from Accounting »

So I'm still interested in submitting a character for this game. Right now I've got two ideas; let me know if you have a preference for either.

1. A genetically engineered soldier from a reptilian alien race whose incubation tank ends up on Earth. I'm debating the reason being either his transportation was interfered with, or that he was considered unworthy and discarded. S.H.I.E.L.D. picks him up and awakens him. The alien has a natural desire for violence, but is naive and enthusiastic due to a combination of his youth and having been educated solely by imprints from his tank. He agrees to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. with the promise that the will provide him worthy opponents. He takes a liking to cooking.

2. A young man from the Eastern world. After getting himself involved in a dangerous situation, he is gravely wounded. Someone uses chi to heal him, and this unnaturally awakens the large reserves of energy that were dormant in the man. His powers would be based in large part on Deku from My Hero Academia. He can use small amounts of his chi to enhance his strength, stamina, and agility. He can also use it all to unleash devastating power. Since he lacks the years of training on controlling his chi that other practitioners have, however, he suffers severe physical backlash from this.