OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

Post by StarGuard »

Not a problem CC. I've been completely swamped / exhausted from work and will be until Wednesday.

This game is getting relaunched hell or high water ... x-mas just kind of put a hand on the pause for an minute. :)
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

StarGuard wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:43 pm Not a problem CC. I've been completely swamped / exhausted from work and will be until Wednesday.

This game is getting relaunched hell or high water ... x-mas just kind of put a hand on the pause for an minute. :)
I work retail as well, so I sympathize with you.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Night Hunter wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:00 pm That's cool, Epic. I always liked the collapsing staff. It's a nice touch. I would kind of like to explore a mentoring relationship between our characters. NH is a kid trying to make a difference.

Up to you if you'd like to pursue it, though. :)
Maverick isn't much of a mentor type, personality wise anyways. That said, I can see ways for it to work. He's older than NH, but based on what I read in your background, Maverick's more youthful approach (despite being older than NH) might actually grate on NH's nerves, almost seeming like he doesn't take things seriously, though Maverick's skills are absolutely undeniable.

Could be an interesting dynamic of NH wanting to learn how Maverick does some of the things he does, without necessarily asking for such mentorship as such, while Maverick is seeing NH as still a kid and acting more like an older brother. Also keeping in mind I haven't settled on exactly how I want to progress Maverick in terms of if the gene therapy he went through unlocked some latent power, or if he'll remain a super soldier lite and just get more talented in general. Might turn out his current skill sets are passively and not so noticeably be caused by some power he doesn't even notice he has.

There is definitely potential though.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'm curious to see how the interparty dynamic turns out in general, but those two may have some interesting potential.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:02 am I'm curious to see how the interparty dynamic turns out in general, but those two may have some interesting potential.
I agree.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

StarGuard wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:01 pm Image
Trigger'd.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Did we all find seperate aliens doing the same thing, or independally arrived on the same scene and took it out together?
------------
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Merry X-mas all.

With Trailer 2 up, I'll start moving both groups together after you've spent a few post getting to know your characters.

Doc @ You each are separately have had a similar encounter. You each independently defeated an alien nurse/keeper, in different locations. Pangborn's entrance can also be generic (or not) for each of you. This is a Trailer. The idea is to keep it short. It's an introduction of each character before we start the Main Attraction. 8-) (hope that clears things up)

Don't worry Trailer 2 guys ... I don't know how many aliens it'll take but I know how many I'll use to make sure you have some bad guys bang on when you arrive. :twisted:
Night Hunter

Post by Night Hunter »

Just what we wanted to hear {groans} LOL
"The Night sees everything. Now I see you."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

Night Hunter wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:47 pm Just what we wanted to hear {groans} LOL
I know, right. :lol:
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Yeah yeah :)

The suspects mentioned in Trailer 2 are mostly off the cuff. I tried to tie each to something in each characters complications or background.

Hawk, the grandfather living in New York is one of the things I meant to discuss. Hope you don't mind we can fill background on that as we go if you like.

Hunter, yours is a connection to kids, drugs, and a "gypsy" crime syndicate is totally of my invention. Same as Hawk only think about it if your interested. If you have any other ideas please shoot them my way.

Doc, Pied Piper is an homage to a Flash villain actually. Legend of the Piper ties into the kids though. I was thinking of your start up company having a few Stark like villains such as the Ghost and others wanting to steal or buy out your tech. A bit in the future but thought I'd throw the idea out there.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Sorry boss - caught up in the holidays. Posting now.

Just wanna be clear - everyone's in the same lair and defeated the same alien, right? IIRC that's what we discussed.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Actually the opposite. Shows what a great communicator I am. Each character has separately defeated different yet similar aliens in three different lairs.

Your mission should you choose to except it ... is to pick each of the three characters up as they have just finished defeating the alien they encountered. It doesn't matter in what order you pick up which character. You can make it drawn out or one generic post that applies to all three remember this is just a trailer not the main attraction.

The ideal of the trailers just give you each some time to get into character by making a few post. As soon as you have picked up all three characters from their different encounters I will have you teleport to the battlefield with the original players and their characters and we will start the main attraction.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

lol

Glad you clarified before I hit submit then !

Do you guys prefer if I just post opening portals to all of your locations, or do you want me to interact with each of you individually first?
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document