OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.1 [Now Showing]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: OOC: Marvel Cinema Universe 2.0 [play in progress]

Post by EpicEclipse »

Also donezo. Sorry took so long, first day back working since I moved from Vancouver to Kelowna. Been a tense 5 weeks not working. Only planned to have 2 weeks off, but stretched into 3 more with the process of getting licensed for security to work here >_<
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Awesome. Yeah I spent two hours after work searching the neighborhood for one of the kids cat. Didn't start raining u too last half hour or so.

The cat was hiding behind/under the tv console. :( at least it wasn't dead ... I guess that's a good thing lol.

Will start working on responses tonight. I need to post them all at the same time, because I plan so well (lightning strikes) ;)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

OoooOOOeeeooooo......
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Introducing New House Rule

Where as in most games the GM awards HP to players during the course of a scenario, I will be awarding LP instead ... most of the time. I am still going to award HP from time to time. I would just like to encourage it to be used for something other than rerolls. Treat them like diamonds folks :)

Unlike my House Rule for LP, these LP can be used per standard LP rules.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

What is an LP and how does it differ from an HP? I am confused.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:13 pm What is an LP and how does it differ from an HP? I am confused.
A luck point, as granted by the Luck advantage. In 3e standard luck points can only be used for rerolls, as opposed to victory points (a.k.a. hero points) which have a few other uses.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

EpicEclipse wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:13 pm What is an LP and how does it differ from an HP? I am confused.
As a reminder the campaign House Rule is as follows
Luck Points must be purchased with a descriptor
- Edit Scene
- Heroic Feat
- Improve Roll
- Inspiration
- Instant Counter
- Recover
Last edited by StarGuard on Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Huh....I must have been getting confused with 2e where Luck just gave you more hero points. I rarely use that advantage anyways.

As for Luck Points and the house rule, that just complicates things Guard. Are you saying every time you award a Luck Point we have to choose in advance what it will be used for in the unforeseeable future? Pardon my bluntness, but that's kind of silly.

The house rule for Luck makes sense for creation, giving Luck a bit more versatility than the vanilla advantage normally does, but if we have to pick a specific usage for a luck point when they are earned, that really defeats the point of the Hero Point system as a whole when you intend to only give out HP rarely.

Or if you are saying they can be used on the fly as any of those things, then what makes them different when awarded than Hero Points?
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Edited above post thanks to EE. Posting ideas in middle of busy work day wasn't my brightest idea :roll:

Hildr' and Hybrid are up next. I closed tonight and open in the morning but no RL games this weekend so should be up tomorrow evening.

Just an example of what to expect on LP awards. Keep in mind this is only one potential example.

Jaguar is our first LP recipient, why?

Because his descriptor involved (as I read it) a very distracting environment and emotions that clouded his awareness. The character was also extremely focused on one particular spot in that environment. So he "suffered" a higher DC than everyone elses. Pass or fail I would have awarded the LP because the role play descriptor called for it in my opinion.

It's an art not a science :) Always feel free to PM me with a question or ask here whichever you prefer.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

ZeroPrime: said
OOC: Posting from my phone, so I'll edit accordingly when I get home in Monday or Tuesday. Considering that Jaguar has ranged & radius Danger Sense is anyone in his immediate vicinity in danger? Without access in my computer, it's difficult for me to link a roll, so feel free to roll for me
That's what you're Perception Roll was for. It was close so I decided add the Aztec element to put him on edge. It could be Creed, it could be the Promoter's people it could be something else :D My next post should start narrowing it down :twisted:
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

That is perfectly fine! Certainly looking forward to the reveal!
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Work ... just saying ;)

Plan on updating three post in the morning and three on Sunday afternoon after church.

Working six "games" at once wasn't part of my original plan, but I hope it's giving us each a chance to get "to know" the characters as individuals before they come together as a team :ugeek:
Zero Prime

Post by Zero Prime »

StarGuard wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:38 amWorking six "games" at once wasn't part of my original plan, but I hope it's giving us each a chance to get "to know" the characters as individuals before they come together as a team :ugeek:
Emphasis mine, but seriously man, props for taking on *that* responsibility ... let us know if we, as players, can do anything to help you out or reduce your GM-workload ... enjoying the game and the slower pace honestly works well for my real life commitments so don't feel as though you need to rush things, or stress yourself.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Okay we are all caught up except got a post for Jaguar. I have half a day off Wednesday. So anticipate all six responses that evening (if all goes to plan :))
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Famous last words.
Trust me, I know. :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document