For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Uncanny

Re: [Interest] An Alternate Marvel Universe

Post by Uncanny »

Alright I think I have this 'mount' power figured out

feature: Mount shows up with a saddle [10 pp]
Summon 4 growth 4 (innate)
(Flaws; Resistable -1, Unrealiable -1)
Speed 4 Triggered Swimming 4 (In aqautic enviroment)
(flaw; platform -1)

Edit: im building a irish whip power that targets a opponents sense of direction and impede there movement just not sure if it should be afflication or weaken?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

The way you described this mounting power, wouldn't mind control limited to animals make more sense since you jack an existing animal? Summon pulls them from somewhere else regardless of distance and before you establish your link on them.

And weaken only lowers ranks on what it target, and sense of direction is not ranked, so affliction is what you want. It can hinder movement and impose penalties to simulate the disorientation.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

My Ectomancer is going to have a spirit horse 'mount' as well but it's just built as primarily the flight power. Might your mount just be built as Speed or do you look to do other things with it?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I was considering adding the skiff as sugested myself... Will this end up being a team of racecar drivers? :v
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Yay. If two or three can fly (and the horse can take another person through Affect Other), that keeps it from being only one person who gets to the action to be ganked. My guy can't both be on the horse and attack though.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

I was thinking of working some form of movement power in as well. A spectral steed would have been fitting, but seeing flyn's already got basically that I'll step back and think of something else. As an asgardian, I can always fall back on relics, or use that dark elf corruption to explain some manner of metapower. Maybe shadow-porting or portals or shadow wings? Definitely thinking darkness themed works well since fear of the dark etc etc.

I am just waiting for the crunchy house rules to actually build with lol
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Or not and hitch a ride on a horse or a skiff.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:37 pm Or not and hitch a ride on a horse or a skiff.
Oh I more was figuring for short range mobility. Could totally hitch a ride for long distance jaunts
Last edited by EpicEclipse on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It probably has enough room for 2 or 3 people, sure. Though you strange humanoids with your "Fully Organic" physiology might have trouble locking into the neural interface/seatbelts. ;)

I gave the skiff some good weapons, but with four PP being used in the process, I'm debating shaving those off and trying to fiddle with his main weapon a bit more. It's proving difficult to math PL limits due to being both a melee and a ranged weapon, you see. Hard to justify additional addons to the melee mode so I can beef up Ranged mode.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

@Epic: mind control sounds like a good alternative, thanks for the suggestion

The mount is really just the backup movement mode for my hero. he will mainly be a jumper / swinger I was thinking of a complication were he isn't allowed to run, because of deformed legs which help with kicking enemies and leaping, but hinder his ground speed.

The mount was just a way to cover vast open terrain, and underwater area's.

@Flynnarrel : I want my hero to be both tech based, and have a animal/nature flavor. I don't wan to give him a device which enables movement, but rather something organic, which can't be nullified

EDIT: I didn't realize I needed to add 'affect others' modifier for the horse to be able to carry two people. I figured that was more a 'calling a friend a uber' option

EDIT 2: On second thought I'll get rid of the leg deformity, but I'll keep the non running complication I might make it religious based, or something
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Uncanny wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:03 am EDIT: I didn't realize I needed to add 'affect others' modifier for the horse to be able to carry two people. I figured that was more a 'calling a friend a uber' option
You don't, strictly speaking. That's just one way to do it. Another is taking Lifting Strength (Limited, While travelling) to have the effect of carrying another while using that mode of transportation. Another is to build it as Vehicle or vehicular device.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

As we think about our shiny new characters please give some thought to all the things our character *can't* do. Really build those in. Give them a reason to join a party and ways to grow (and even then, pick a thing (or 3) you'll never be good at).

My character is going to be a coward (He's died and really doesn't want to do it again). So he's bad at melee, (practically useless if grabbed), no energy attacks, limited in what he can do against non-living things. (At least the current plan for him).

So maybe give that some thought.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Mind control 4 linked Power lifting 4 [11 pp]
(Limited to animals -1) (Limited: While traveling -1)
(Quirk; Must physically touch animal -1 flat)

I think that's right

Afflication 5 linked Impede Movement 2 [ 1 pp?]
(Flaws; grab based -1, Sense dependent (Directional) -1, Increased action -1 Full round)

Okay so without the flaws this power costs 9 pp, but with the flaws ?? Is my math right

Impede movement only goes up to 2 is there some other way to slow a enemy down with 'time control' powers or weather effects?

Edit: My hero has low strength, and both of his melee attacks are afflication & weaken based. He will have limited natural protection but by no means will he be a 'tank' I envision him more as a ranged debuffer with stealth options.

He will be the set-up man, tripping enemies from a distance so the melee guy can mop the floor with them, and provide niche skills for the team away from combat
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Uncanny wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:33 am Mind control 4 linked Power lifting 4 [11 pp]
(Limited to animals -1) (Limited: While traveling -1)
(Quirk; Must physically touch animal -1 flat)

I think that's right
What? O-o That is not right at all.

I think I can tell what you are trying to do... mind control and give the animal extra carry capacity, which is fine, just built it incorrectly. So let's see if we can fix that.

(Total 2pp/r) Sustained(+1/r) Cumulative(+1/r) Affliction 4(1/r) (Dazed, Compelled, Controlled), Instant Recovery(-1/r), Limited to Animals(-1/r)

Linked to

(Total 1pp/r) Enhanced Strength 4(2/r), Affects Others Only(+0/r), Limited to Lifting(-1/r)

Total cost (based on 4 ranks) is 12pp. Seems reasonable for what its purpose seems to be.
Uncanny wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:33 am Afflication 5 linked Impede Movement 2 [ 1 pp?]
(Flaws; grab based -1, Sense dependent (Directional) -1, Increased action -1 Full round)
And this one...The Environment power (where you grabbed Impede Movement) can't be linked to Affliction because it's not an attack and doesn't target, so let's fix this one too.

(Total 1pp/r-1) Cumulative Affliction (Hindered/Entranced, Prone/Stunned), Extra Affliction, Grab-Based, Limited Degree(1 & 2), Quirk(Enemies that have non-visual acute senses ignore Entranced and Stunned and Prone)
*=Complete disorientation of directions.

Seems about right. Cost will equal rank -1. There is no full round action in 3E, so that's not a valid flaw. Also grab based causes the power to activate automatically when you grab someone as a reaction, thus further invalidating increasing the action. Sense Dependent is wrong too as that's for attacks they have to see in order to be affected by, so if they closed their eyes, they wouldn't be affected and could act normally after opening their eyes. Why is this important? If you did this while they were blindfolded, or sneak attack them with it, it wouldn't do anything unless they SAW the attack, which makes no actual sense contextually. I did add the quirk though since it would not affect creatures that have other acute senses they can navigate with (I mean, it WOULD, but they could ignore the effects that have to do with the discombobulation by using another sense to compensate), leaving them still slowed down though. The reason it is a quirk is because such creatures aren't all that common, so not worth the Limited flaw.

You could leave the prone off the quirk if you wanted your whip to trip people too. Not a bad idea actually. I just primarily attributed the prone to toppling over disoriented from vision and equilibrium going all wonky.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

@Epic: Wow thanks man I really appreciate all the time you put into post.

this game is deep. there are so many different ways to stat out a power