[Interest] An Alternate Marvel Universe

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
wulfgar187

Re: [Interest] An Alternate Marvel Universe

Post by wulfgar187 »

Hmm I'm working on a couple of concepts but had a question...with this being based on the MCU would mutants be allowed? I'm asking because I was thinking of going with either a younger version of an established member of the X-men or an entirely new mutant. However if mutants aren't allowed or if you're actually including the marvel based movies into the game then I'll spend more time fleshing out my other concepts I've got running around in my head.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Starguard said in the opening post that'd he'd prefer we stay away from mutants. Think Avengers/Netflix MCU.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Sorry for delay. Work and family. Mostly work. I have everything ready except scribing down the hard crunch and opening twist on the differences between the movie and game post-Civil War.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

We eagerly await!
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

I'm toying with a teleporter. Mechanically, kind of speedster-esque power set. Probably Inhuman, since I've got active tech-based characters and it seems like a few others are going for magic. Probably underwent teragenesis as a side-effect of one of the leaks during Agents of SHIELD, not someone who grew up among any established Inhuman group (because my knowledge of Inhumans is entirely derived from Agents of SHIELD).
Last edited by drothgery on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Waiting with anticipation. Been refreshing the page every few hours lol
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm Waiting with anticipation. Been refreshing the page every few hours lol
your enthusiasm is refreshing.... and only slightly creepy. :D
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm
EpicEclipse wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm Waiting with anticipation. Been refreshing the page every few hours lol
That was bad and you should feel bad.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 pm
That was bad and you should feel bad.
#Idunbeentold
"Something pithy this way comes."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

I settled on a disabled ex-cop who was approached by AIM and went through the extremis program.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Interest...

How about...

A Darkforce Symbiote?

Stick with me a moment. In the Agent Carter run, Peggy Carter dealt with the Darkforce( Zero Energy). The villainess in the series was a play off of Madame Mask, except with Darkforce abilities.

Now...I would like to move timeline forward. The character would be a modern individual that came into contact with some of the Darkforce and it would have infected him just as it did in AC. To add flavour, the character would be a grandchild of Alister Crowley?

The Symbiote angle adds in a feel similar to Venom. Powers and abilities would have Cthulhu like feel...

What do you think?
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Alright I've nailed down my concept. His name is Scorpion a Wakandan who combines technology & mysticism.

His tech includes a mask which heightens several of his senses, a wingsuit which grants him gliding, along with concealment, and a offensive wristband which fires projectiles.

Bridging the gap between his mystical abilities, and tech based powers is his powered up tail. A 'hair-piece' which allows him to 'plug' into plants, animals, and people, and 'download' info such, as maps, languages, and a healing ability rooted in stealing the life force of other organics, and possibly cyborgs.

More mystical abilities include shaman spells which rely on nearby stone material. Mostly battlefield control powers, but offensive spells include raining 'rubble' on opponents, and surrounding grounded opponents in a lake of lava.

Weapons will include a vibranium infused light-sabre like whip, and a magical net with nullifying abilities which can only be summoned when Scorpion steps foot on solid ground.

Inspirations include the Na'vi from the movie Avatar, the Predator movie franchise, and earth-benders form the t.v show Avatar.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

It could just be the way you are describing it, but it sounds like a very "busy" concept. A lot going on.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It really does come across as 'busy', but you do you, man.
------------
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

His powers are mainly split between equipment, and a dynamic array to represent the spells, but yeah he got pretty expensive. I had so few points left over I decided to make him a old man to explain the abysmal ability scores.