[Interest] An Alternate Marvel Universe

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
StarGuard

Re: [Interest] An Alternate Marvel Universe

Post by StarGuard »

If you're building a character based on agreeing or not agreeing to sign the Accords ....

.... you're getting too far ahead of the story.

Keep in mind laws are only good if they are enforced, only as good as the people enforcing them. Your characters likely have no knowledge of the Index, and the Accords are so new there is still a lot of confusion about what they are and how they apply or will be enforced. So yeah it's vague, because the story needs it to be at this point.

Aleister Crowley: I'm not sure who this person is in the MCU?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

StarGuard wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:51 pm Keep in mind laws are only good if they are enforced, only as good as the people enforcing them. Your characters likely have no knowledge of the Index, and the Accords are so new there is still a lot of confusion about what they are and how they apply or will be enforced. So yeah it's vague, because the story needs it to be at this point.
This is actually the exact crucial information that I was looking for. Knowing that we're not supposed to be leaning one way or the other from the onset removes that issue entirely.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Three questions, StarGuard.

1. You mentioned SHIELD in your write up. Were they not disbanded in this timeline?

2. It's never explicitly stated in MCU canon what happened to AIM after Killian died. Do you have a position on that?

3. Do you have a timeframe in mind for how long you plan to keep recruiting open?

Thanks.
Last edited by MissRo on Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I have a question as well, though it's more rules related. I've never really seen any writups for using vehicles in combat, so what do you use when rolling to hit? Is it a form of ranged combat (I listed mine as Chitauri Blaster Technology), or maybe the Vehicles skill itself? Anyone can answer if they know what's what in that regard, just want to make sure I have things settled.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:40 pm I have a question as well, though it's more rules related. I've never really seen any writups for using vehicles in combat, so what do you use when rolling to hit? Is it a form of ranged combat (I listed mine as Chitauri Blaster Technology), or maybe the Vehicles skill itself? Anyone can answer if they know what's what in that regard, just want to make sure I have things settled.
The vehicles section says: "The Vehicles skill is used for all checks involving operation and use of vehicles, regardless of their type. While this may be a bit unrealistic—making an expert driver also a skilled pilot, or even sailor—it’s generally how it works in the comics; characters good at driving or piloting things are good at all of it."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

MissRo wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:07 pm
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:40 pm I have a question as well, though it's more rules related. I've never really seen any writups for using vehicles in combat, so what do you use when rolling to hit? Is it a form of ranged combat (I listed mine as Chitauri Blaster Technology), or maybe the Vehicles skill itself? Anyone can answer if they know what's what in that regard, just want to make sure I have things settled.
The vehicles section says: "The Vehicles skill is used for all checks involving operation and use of vehicles, regardless of their type. While this may be a bit unrealistic—making an expert driver also a skilled pilot, or even sailor—it’s generally how it works in the comics; characters good at driving or piloting things are good at all of it."
Thanks MissRo, that's just what I needed. Probably shoulda checked the skills section first huh? :roll:
I'll adjust what needs to be adjusted in that case!

Edit: Hah, they both had the exact same bonus. Guess it didn't quite matter in the end afterall, but it's good to know for the future.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:11 pmThanks MissRo, that's just what I needed. Probably shoulda checked the skills section first huh? :roll:
I'll adjust what needs to be adjusted in that case!
Happy to help! :)
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Aleister Crowley: I'm not sure who this person is in the MCU?
Aleister Crowley was a real world person, or to be honest persona. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aleister_Crowley

As for who he was in the MCU, as far as I can tell, he hasn't been portrayed at all. That leaves it wide open...if allowed. Crowley's notoriety was wide spread. He makes for an interesting ancestor. The concept is to tie him into the Council of Nine(Agent Carter) and British Intelligence. The last part of his origin story has MI5 coming...research shows that SHIELD had a British counterpart called STRIKE. Like SHIELD, it was almost completely riddled with HYDRA. After your last mention of Accords knowledge, I can adjust appropriately...if need be.

The point totals have been updated...found an error on my side, I have rectified that and now all powers look priced correctly.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

still working on my background, and stats. I hope the picture isn't to big

Anyone know how to effectively build 'flak'. I looked at several Iron Man builds but I haven't had luck

btw 'flak' is a anti-aircraft munition which hangs suspended in the air. I am building a shoulder launcher which fires caltrops to delay ground opponents, and I wanted something for opponents who attacked from the sky

blast ? Linked Impede movement 2 (Extra; sustained) triggered Weaken(stamina) (when opponent enters of leaves area)

I want to be able to fire a cluster of poisoned shrapnel at a 'square' rather then a opponent. In fact I don't even want to do damage unless the guy moves his feet. The descriptor for the weaken will be a poison that overstimulates the sweat glands when it enters the blood stream causing quicker fatigue.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Remember to link a power they much have the same range and targeting. Says so right on the Extra.

The triggered extra may be what you want. You basically set your trivger say "that spot there" within the attacks range and set the trigger as "enemy enters that space" then the attack roll and effect happens as a reaction when the triggering event happens. Also note that without subtle, the effect waiting to be triggered is obvious, if not what the effect itself is(though educated guesses based on context..) Setting the trigger itself is a standard action. It won't leave a lingering effect unless you stack trigger a few times and will only trigger that many times.

So just blast linked with affliction or weaken if you REALLY need to have them poisoned.
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

I'll just have to make either the blast or affliction last longer then a round, also I just remembered poison was your heroine's thing @Epic, i'll make a edit and change it to snare effect, and your suggestion on making it subtle reminds me that I could make it invisible

Invisible caltrops
Damage + 0 str based (Extras; ranged +1) ; Triggered 1[Enemy enters area] Weaken 5(Movement)[speed], subtle 2
(flaws; Check required [Tech] -1, Distracting -1, Diminised range flat-1) (Extra's: sustained +1, countinous +1)
Feature 1: Caltrops have [wall-crawling] ability [12 pp]

EDIT: posted stats
Uncanny

Post by Uncanny »

Alright I finished stating out my powers not sure about the math, so I'll hold off posting his skills & saves

Whip of Woe
Move object 4(tether) linked Affliction 8 (Hindered/Vunerable, Prone/Compelled) [Ex; Extra Affliction +1,Culminative +1] Linked Concealment 2[visual]
(Flaws; grab based -1, Limited degree(1&2), Limited[compelled to tell truth]
(Quirk; (Enemies that have non-visual acute senses ignore Hindered and Prone)
Feature 2: Vibranium fibers; Concealment[auditory] [ 19 pp]

Combines my 'irish whip' idea with Wonder Woman's lasso of truth
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Just heads up

I will be looking at first wave of builds Wednesday ... I'm off work. If I have time, I'll answer less complicated questions before that time.