CORELINE: CRASH TEST WORLD TOUR (OOC, RECRUITMENT)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
marcoasalazarm

CORELINE: CRASH TEST WORLD TOUR (OOC, RECRUITMENT)

Post by marcoasalazarm »

''It has been ten years since the end of the world as we knew it. A world-wide Internet infection by an unusual type of virus (called CLULESS) was the trigger. Reality was torn to bits, never to come back fully to normal.

90% of mankind vanished without a trace for 23 Hours. The things we believed to be Fictional appeared in their stead. The battles that followed devastated the world.

And once the 23 hours ended, mankind came back, adapted to this new world, willing to embrace the Fictions with open arms... something that many of those who survived the "23 Hours of Madness" are not willing to accept, nor take lying down.

This is an Era of Heroes. The Tropes mold your destiny. Out in the open and within the shadows, it is the Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny-Good versus Evil, Real versus Fiction, Canon versus Non-Canon, Rationality versus the Rule Of Cool, the final victor still undetermined.

No place is "safe", only "safer". And outside of it, there is a Multiverse and one timeline-the CORE timeLINE, "Coreline", "C-Line" or "The Line" for short-slowly going crazier.

We bid you welcome. Leave your sanity at the door. And for what's worth, enjoy your stay.''

CORELINE ('Coraline' jokes abound. Feel free to get them out of your system).

Not a setting that is easy to describe... well... probably "Rifts" (if you only know that "Rifts" exists (which I did for 10 years)... or maybe the 2016 "Secret Wars" BattleWorld fits better....?) mixed in with "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" and some "Deadpool"-esque leaning on the fourth wall. People that were once Fictions appeared on the "real world" and devastated a big chunk of it--and now they are tying to make a new life, knowing that everything that has happened before, good AND bad, was drawn or written by someone somewhere. As well, people are trying to adapt and rebuild, and the ensuing mix-match of technologies, magics and powers and knowledge overall has led to some... hilarity.

The Players will be (rookie) members of one of the local Mega-Corporations, "Stingray Industries".... or being more specific, the Stingray Security Services Superhuman Response Division (a.k.a. "The Champions"). A corporate-funded superhero group with divisions on all fifty U.S. states and other major population centers around the world, their mandate is one:

Protect The World.

They are no different from other local groups such as the Justice League Unlimited and the Avengers Infinity, only sponsored by a different company.

And they will need to prove their mettle on a baptism of fire...

(((())))

So.. what I'm looking for (at the moment)?

> VERSION OF MUTANTS AND MASTERMINDS THAT WILL BE USED: MUTANTS AND MASTERMINDS SECOND EDITION.
> House Rules: 1 pp purchases two ranks of skills.
> Power Level: 10 (150 Power Points).
> 4 Players (may increase depending on interested).
> Posting speed... computer issues on my end. Talking once a week at the very, VERY slowest. At the fastest, once every day or two. I will apologize in advance.

(((())))

More information on the setting:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/CoreLine
Thokk_Smash

Re: CORELINE: CRASH TEST WORLD TOUR (OOC, RECRUITMENT)

Post by Thokk_Smash »

I've looked at the setting, and it looks Crazy Awesome! I don't know if it's too late to post (I'm brand new to the forums, don't know if there's a time limit), but I'd be interested in playing in the setting.

Is there any chance it could be run in 3e? I'm far more competent with 3e than 2e, but I could try to wrap my head around 2e if needed.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

No time limit. Welcome aboard, man!

As for 3e... well... pretty new myself (heck, only own it ATM as DC Adventures)... but it's ok. Don't mind playing with that system.
Thokk_Smash

Post by Thokk_Smash »

Awesome!

No, please, if you're not comfortable with the edition then the game'll be less for it. I'll work on reading up on 2e while I consider character concepts. There are just so many options!

(Although, a question: Your house rule of 1PP for 2 skill ranks, how is that different from the normal 2e rules?)
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

My bad. Let's change that. 1PP--4 Ranks.
FuzzyBoots

Post by FuzzyBoots »

2E was originally 1 per 4. 3E changed it to 1 per 2 probably because they decided to fold Attack Specialization in skills.
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Crap... sorry, lacked some sleep back there... 1 PP, six ranks. Go crazy with skill monkeys.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Seems like a pretty crazy jam packed setting. Literally, with 8 billion + all those fictionals. I could get into this, consider me interested.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Thokk_Smash

Post by Thokk_Smash »

Okay, I've gotten a better grasp of the mechanics of 2e, although I still have a loooooong way to go for full comprehension. As such, please be patient with any questions I have along the way ^_^;

I do have something resembling a character concept: It's a Shirou Emiya who went through the Fifth Grail War, then managed to get caught up in the plot of Negima, and such got hands-on training with THE Jack Rakan (from one Man of a Thousand Blades to another >=D ). I know that's the bare minimum, but I'll spend the next day or few fleshing it out. If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please hit me with 'em! (Metaphorical hitting is preferred, but I'll take what help I can get :P )
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

OK, sounds cool.
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Are original concepts welcome as well?
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Sure.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Since I've been playing Twilight Princess lately, I'm in the mood to play either Link or Midna... The former would probably be simpler to stat out, but we'll see yeah?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Shadowbourne

Post by Shadowbourne »

Fictional ( to a fictional), son of Nightcrawler and Dark Star from X-men and Champions(old version). Character will be dimensionally stranded...is that possible?
marcoasalazarm

Post by marcoasalazarm »

Ok, those two ideas sound good.

Setting data (for the Zelda idea): New Zealand's countryside has gotten a whole bunch of "sword and sorcery" settings added to it. Talking majorly Zelda, GOT, LOTR and Xena/Hercules (and a few others... like zombies from "Dead-Alive"). And some overall modernization as a result...

...kind of an unholy mixture between all of the above and "Shadowrun". Talking fighting Uruk-Hai with AK-47s and House Stark signing your paycheck.