Varsity OOC

Post by The_baron »

this game was formerly known as The Pantheon
Doctor Malsyn

Slow-Mo

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Slow-Mo
Power Level: 10
Quote: "Complete control over the flow of time, yet I still manage to be late for class. God- damn my life."
Concept: Slacker who can slow time
Legal Status: American-born Canadian Student with no criminal record.
Identity: Hasn't considered it yet.
Place of Birth: Washington D.C., Maryland, USA.
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: Mother, father, 3 older siblings.
Height: 5'7
Weight: 200ish
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Abilities:
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 0
Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 0

Advantages 7
Beginner's Luck, Instant Up, Assessment, Well-Informed, Takedown, Move-by action, Benefit: Wealth (Well off)
Uncanny Dodge, Evasion

Skills 13 (26)
CC: Unarmed 4(+8), Ex: Games 6(+9), Investigation 4(+8), Perception 8(+13), Insight 4(+9)

Powers 30+49= 79

Super-Slacker; 5+32+12= 49
..Timeless.: Immunity 5 (Temporal Effects) 5
..Too Slow.: Immunity 80 (Parry and Dodge based attacks), Concentration, Limited (Not against surprise attacks); Reaction teleport 1 ] 32
..Time Dilation Field:Enhanced Advantages (Uncanny dodge, Evasion), Enhanced Defenses (Dodge 5, Parry 5) 12

Time Stall tricks; 26+1+1+1+1 = 30
..I had to WALK here!: Accurate teleport 13 (limited to places reached physically) 26
....Longest. Fight. Ever.: Selective Multiattack Strength-Based Damage 6, Accurate 2, Penetrating 5 1 - 26/26
....Don't like you, you, orrrr you.: Selective Burst Area 2 Strength based Damage 6 1 - 24/26
....You don't need that.: Move Object 10, Area-Burst, Selective, Damaging, Duration - Instant(@-1/r), Range-Close, Limited-Must share a surface, Subtle(needs rapid senses to detect); Improved Disarm; Teleport 1 1 - 23/26
....Bring it down a notch.: Speed 12 (Subtle (needs rapid senses to detect)), Quickness 12 (Subtle (needs rapid senses to detect)) 1 - 26/26

Offense
Initiative +3
Concentrated Blows: +12; Penetrating 5 Multiattack; DC 23
Multiple Lovetaps: Selective 60 ft. burst; DC 23
You don't need that: +10 Disarm; Selective 30 ft. burst

Defense 0+0+5+5+5
Dodge 8, Parry 9, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 79 + Advantages 7 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 150
Complications
Motivation:Bored as hell
Wesley is so supremely, overly bored with life and everything it has to offer. He wants to feel the rush of an intense fight, the thrill of scoring a tangible victory. Maybe using these new (To the perspective of others) powers, he'll finally find a way to quench his lifelong apathy...
Quirk:All the time in the world
He's never been that prone to doing literally anything in his life, always putting things off to the last second. Now that he has his power over time, it's even more tempting to just take weeks off at a time not doing anything productive what-so-ever. It's not unlikely for him to completely forget what he was doing before slowing down time, and loose track of his goals if he had any in the first place.
Secret:The black sheep
The Dulls are actually an old wealthy family who trace their success to several textile innovations in the 1800's, which helped kicked off the Dull Corporation. The youngest son of it's current CEO, Wesley has become ostracized in the face of his much more ambitious and hard working older siblings. He receives a monthly stipend of cash to help him, but his family has repeatedly threatened to cut him off if he doesn't start doing something more then playing games.

-------------------------------------
"My Life", By Wesley Dull:
Yeah, look, I can't really be bothered to go through my whole life story here, so I'll just give you the jist. My parents are rich as balls, decided to have a bunch of kids, and ended with me. They decided sending me to a Canadian university would be a good idea, make me "shape up" and "Get a real job" or whatever.

Yeah, that obviously worked out great. They send me money every month for books and to pay rent, but pretty much all of it just goes into my sweet rig at home. So w hat if I don't get top marks in class, not like it really mattered or anything. One of these days they're going to send my sister or someone to bring me back home so I won't have to bother with this crap.

But so what if they don't? Who cares.

At some point though I got these really weird powers, time just comes to a standstill. It's actually pretty awesome. I can take a break whenever I want and nobody can stop me. Doesn't last forever, time always goes back to normal eventually. Which I may or may not notice too late.

Alright fine, I'm pretty terrible at keeping time. But you'd be awful at it too if you had powers like this! God though, it can all get really boring really fast. Yeah, I can get to like... the other side of town in three seconds, but I have to
walk the entire damn way. You think I'm moving really fast, when all of you are just moving super slow. I'd kill for it to just be a pure speed thing, but it just had to be complicated didn't it?

I've been thinking about using my powers do actually
do something in a twist of faith, maybe try and save some kids or something. Stop some criminals from doing messed up crap, confront a bully or two while they can't do anything to me. But why should I bother with that now?

I got all the time in the world.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kenmadragon

Re: Varsity OOC

Post by kenmadragon »

GAUSS
Name: Erich Merlin Maxwell
Nickname: "Max"

Personality:
Max was and has always been a quiet and introspective sort. A thinker before a doer, Max has a habit of overanalyzing things, and can sometimes read “too much” into a situation he’s in, especially with other people. Something of a self-proclaimed cynic, Max really is more like an adorable teddy bear who says caustic things. On the other hand, he’s got a nasty temper, but getting him to that point is a great deal of work on it’s own. Still, despite his myriad assortment of character quirks, he’s got a strong moral core,

Physical Description:
Erich Maxwell stands at the slightly above average height of around 6 feet, give or take, with a rather trim build. He is generally clad in comfortable clothing with a preference for darker shades and hues. Handsome, even when he’s not trying to be presentable, Max has dark black hair and his eyes are a hint of grey or gold. He’s been noticing a few strands of his hair have been slowly turning silver since he discovered his abilities, but since it’s contained to a few locks, he’s been pretending they’re dyed - a reasonable assumption he allows them to believe.

Abilities: 38
Strength 1, Stamina 4, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 2, Intellect 5, Awareness 2, Presence 3

Skills: 21
Athletics (+1), Deception 3 (+6), Expertise: Science 5 (+10), Insight 5 (+7), Intimidation 9 (+12), Perception 5 (+7), Persuasion 3 (+6), Ranged Combat: Magnetic Control 6 (+7), Stealth (+1), Technology 6 (+11)

Advantages: 3
Benefit [Magnetic Presence], Inventor, Second Chance (vs Mental Effects)

Powers: 67

Electromagnetic Senses: Senses 5 (Detect Metal/EM-Fields: Acute, Accurate, Ranged)

Personal Magnetic Field:
. . Magnetic Shield: Force Field 10
. . Magnetic Flight: Flight 8

Magnetic Control: Move Object 13 [extras: Damaging; flaws: Limited to Metal; feats: Increased Mass 3, Precise, Skill Mastery]
. . AE: Magnetic Storm: Move Object 9 [extras: Burst Area, Selective; flaws: Limited to Metal; feats: Accurate 2, Increased Mass, Precise]
. . AE: EM Telekinetic: Move Object 9 [extras: Damage; feats: Accurate 2, Precise, Skill Mastery]
. . AE: Plasma Shell: Immunity 7 (All Environmental Conditions, All Suffocation); Create Object 12 [extras: Impervious, Movable, Stationary; flaws: Limited (Spherical or Planar Shapes only), Touch Range]
. . AE: Magnetic Binding: Affliction 9 (Dodge resists, Strength Overcomes; Hindered & Vulnerable, Defenseless & Immobile) [extras: Alternate Resistance, Cumulative, Extra Condition, Ranged; flaws: Limited Degree; feats: Accurate 2, Tether]
. . AE: Metal Manipulation: Transform 7 (Metal to Metal) [extras: Continuous, Ranged; feats: Accurate 2, Precise]

Defenses: 21
Toughness 14, Dodge 6, Parry 6, Fortitude 7, Will 11

Abilities 38 + Skills 21 + Advantages 3 + Powers 67 + Defenses 21 = 150 PP

Complications:
Motivation: Justice His morality may be a bit strange, but Max still believes in right over wrong. How that’s defined, on the other hand, is usually subject to debate. But despite the shades of grey, Max still holds to his principles.
Quirk Max’s got a bit of psychic resistance as a side effect of his abilities. While not uncommon for magnetic controllers, for some reason, his results in anyone intruding in his mind somehow finding it’s filled with music. Specifically, “Sirius” by The Alan Parsons Project. Don’t ask...
Secret Given the nature of super-powers, Max is still keeping his under relative wraps. It wouldn't do to alert everyone that he's got control over a fundamental force of nature because that's just asking for the government to try and take you in to a lab and start secret experiments or lock you up for extensive study.

Background
"What's my story? Not much to tell really. My dad was one of those international-business-types. Travel the world, stay in a different country for a few months before moving onto the next. Never really figured out what his job actually was, but that never mattered to me. What mattered was that I didn't really enjoy having to try and set down roots someplace only to get up and move again, start all over. Never fun, that.

"Suffice to say, I didn't have any real friends. Everyone I knew, I didn't know long. Promises to keep in contact never really panned out that well. Times changed, people changed. That sort of thing. So when my folks finally settled down for a few years and I could actually have a life, I quickly learned that trying to settle into a new town where everyone's already known each other for, like, forever, was a lot harder than it looked. Especially if you're kinda antisocial and quiet. And if you wrecked the grading curve the week after you transfer in. And trip and splatter your lunch all over the campus queen. Right after you tick off the head jock and say unflattering things about him when his best friend was listening.

"Yeah. Not fun.

"So, bullies were a problem. Always were a problem, but back when I was a globe-trotting little boy, I could just run to the nearest teacher, and start crying. I was the new foreign kid, and the other boys were picking on me. That doesn't really work once you start puberty, and the bullies can tease you for being a wuss. Nothing wrong with being a wuss, just that the torment was more annoying than it really was worth. Especially when bullies get creative and mean. I really don't think I need to go into details there.

"But then I found out I had superpowers. I mean, one day I get tripped in the cafeteria by some jerk, accidentally fall on this girl and pull her down with me, then get hauled off to the Dean for feeling her up. In my defense, I was just trying to push myself off the ground. None of this was my fault, but when word gets out to her boyfriend, well, things got ugly. Next few days, I'm dodging goons, until they corner me behind the track. After getting wailed on, I just curled myself into a ball, and tried to wait it out. Then a chain-link fence falls on everyone, knocking them all out. Somehow, I'm the only one who manages to pull himself out from under there. Heck, posts were ripped out in everything. I didn't stick around long enough to figure out why.

"Next morning, I wake up, bruises healed pretty quickly, and I do a double-take in the mirror, because I looked better than I had in ages. I looked amazing. I mean, my features seemed sharper, I looked a touch more handsome. I felt handsome. Felt good. Gave me confidence.

"Wonderful thing, confidence. Next morning, I just stared my bullies down, and they backed off. Turns out, when the local nerd does a 180 in the looks department and grows a backbone over night, people talk. Soon after, no one really bothered me. Which was alright, really, as it gave me time to figure out what those weird forces I could feel around me were, and why my keys would jump to my hand, doorknobs vibrating under my hand, and all sorts of weird things. On the upside, I was a science-geek. Didn't take too long to figure it all out. I was a mutant, with power over electromagnetism.

"So, with a little guess-work and a good deal of practice when no one was watching, I honed my powers, and got really good. Now I'm in Toronto for my bachelor's, and, well, the rest isn't really that interesting..."
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

Here my application. Spirit bound psychology student.

Jessica 'Jessie' Weaver

Jessie never knew her real parents. She was found abandoned, outside a hospital no more than a few weeks old. Most of her early life was spent shuffling from one foster home to another, despite the best effects of those trying to help her, it was a depressing lonely time, until she was adopted by the Weavers at the age of 12. Life from that point on was fairly normal, loving parents, school, friends etc, abandonment issues and therapy not withstanding.
It has been Jessie's ambition to become a social worker or a councillor, her wish to help kids who'd been like her, lost and confused or angry. So she decided to study psychology and was accepted into the University of Toronto.

Then the dreams started. Dreams about a pair of creatures, one born of Fire, the other of ice and cold, two elemental forces in conflict. Ever night for months she would dream of them. At first her dreams were about them in deep debate about something she could not understand, then they began to show the creatures arguing fiercely, until eventually she would fall asleep to find them locked in furious combat.

Every night she would simply watch their conflict as it escalated, until one night, in her dreams, she brought herself between the two forces, interceding into their combat and forcing them apart. When she awoke the next morning, the back of both her hands bore a mark. On her right, a red symbol full of swirls and waves, on her left, blue, full of hard lines and jagged edges. She could also tell that she was not alone.

She still dreams of the creatures, though not every night, but they come to her, sometime together, sometimes one at a time. They spoke to her, pledged their loyalty, and taught her how she could tap into their power. She doesn't know where they came from or how they came to be bound to her. She's asked the entities, but either they don't know, or they simply will not tell her. She can't help but wonder if there is a connection between these spirits and her mysterious parentage.

Complications:

Motivation (Responsibility): Jessie has no wish to be a hero, but she is not the kind of person to stand by when she can do something to help people.

Unknown Origins: Raised as an orphan, Jessie has no knowledge of her parents or where she came from, though she suspects the powers she now possesses are linked somehow to her origins.

Opposing Forces: The Walker and the Wyrm, while united in their loyalty to their host, do not get along and are opposed. This can occasionally cause conflicts while Jessie is trying to draw power from both spirits at once or if they have both been summoned to the same field.

Hearing Voices: The Walker and the Wyrm speak to her. As primal elemental beings, the concept of morality, right & wrong are not something they really understand. They are more concerned with things like survival, power, the fulfilment of needs and the thrill of conflict.

PL 10 -150pp

Strength 0/10*, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 2, Fighting 2, Intellect 3, Awareness 4, Presence 2
[36]

Advantages: Inspire 3
[3]

Skills: Acrobatics 2, Athletics 4, Close Combat: Unarmed 4, Expertise:Psychology 4, Insight 4, Perception 4, Persuasion 4, Ranged Combat(Hand of the Wyrm) 4, Vehicles 2
[16]

Powers:

Hand of the Wyrm
The Red Wyrm: Summon 10 (Heroic, Feedback, Mental Link) 31 points
- DAP Fiery Aura: Damage (Reaction-touch) 4pt/rank[\i]
- DAP Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 2pts/rank
- DAP Dragon's Breath: Cone Area Damage [2pts/rank]
- DAP Flight [2pts/Rank]
[39]

Hand of the Walker
The Winter Walker: Summon 10 (Heroic, Feedback, Mental Link) 31 points
- DAP Ice Shapes: Create (Continuous) 3pts/rank
- DAP Ice Shield: Impervious Protection (Sustained) 2pts/rank
- DAP Walker's Strength: Enhanced Strength 2pts/rank
- DAP Icy Snare: Cumulative Affliction (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage, Hindering and Vulnerable, Immovable and Defenseless. Extra condition, limited to Two Degrees)
2pts/rank[/i]
[39]
[78]

Saves:Dodge +8, Parry +8, Fortitude +3, Will +9, Toughness 2/12*(10 Impervious)
[17]

Attack: Ranged 2/6(Hand of the Wyrm), Melee 2/6(Unarmed)

[36]+[3]+[16]+[78]+[17]=[150]
The Red Wyrm

Strength 1, Stamina 2, Agility 2, Dexterity 2, Fighting 3, Intellect 0, Awareness 3, Presence 1
[28]

Advantages: Agile Feint, Accurate Attack, Improved Initiative
[3]

Skills: Acrobatics 6, Deception 4, Expertise: Elements 6, Perception 4, Ranged (Fire Control) 6
[13]

Powers
Body of Fire: Immunity 17 (Critical Hits, Life Support, Fire Damage)
- Insubstantial 3 (Permanent)
[32]

Flaming Aura: Damage 4 (Reaction - touch) [16]

Flight 6 (120mph) [12]

Fire Control
Fire Blast: Ranged Damage 12
- AP - Fire Breath: Cone Area Damage 10, Penetration 4
- AP - Fire Shapes: Shapeable Area Damage 6, Sustained
[26]
[86]

Saves: Dodge +9, Parry +5, Fortitude +9, Will +9, Toughness +2 [20]

Attack: Ranged: 2/8(Fire Control), Melee 3

[28]+[3]+[13]+[86]+[20]=[150]
The Winter Walker

Strength 2/10*, Stamina 2, Agility 1, Dexterity 1, Fighting 4, Intellect 0, Awareness 2, Presence 2
[28]

Advantages: Daze: Intimidation, Startle, Power Attack, Interpose
[4]

Skill: Close Combat(Unarmed) 6, Expertise: Elements 6, Intimidation 6, Perception 4, Ranged Combat(Ice Control) 4
[13]

Power
Body of Ice: Immunity 19 (Critical Hits, Life Support, Cold Damage, Ice Effects)
- Enhanced Strength 8
- Impervious Protection 10
[55]

Senses 2 (Tracking, Infavision) [2]

Ice Slide: Flight 5 (60 mph, Platform) [5]

Ice Control
Ice Blast: Ranged Damage 10
- Ice Shapes: Create 6 (Continuous, Innate)
- Cold Blast: Ranged Affliction 10 (Resisted & Overcome by Fortitude, Fatigued, Exhausted, Incapacitated)
- Icy Snares: Cumulative Affliction 10 (Resisted by Dodge, Overcome by Damage, Hindering and Vulnerable, Immovable and Defenseless. Extra condition, limited to Two Degrees)
- Icy Surfaces: Environment 10 (Impede Movement)
[24]
[86]

Saves: Dodge +5, Parry +6, Fortitude +10, Will +7, Toughness 12(10 Impervious) [19]

Attack: Ranged 1/5(Ice Control), Melee 4/10(Unarmed)

[28]+[4]+[13]+[86]+[19]=[150]
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Cerberus(Bernard Byrne) Age:19 Occupation:Writer PL10 PP Total-150 PP: 0 Hero Points:1
Abilities: 38
STRENGTH 0 STAMINA 0 AGILITY 1 DEXTERITY 3 FIGHTING 2 INTELLIGENCE 4 AWARENESS 5 PRESENCE 4

Skills: 25
Expertise: Magic 5 (+9), Expertise: Mythology 5 (+9), Expertise: Writer 7 (+11), Insight 6 (+11), Intimidation 4 (+8), Investigation 7 (+11), Perception 4 (+9), Persuasion 7 (+11), Sleight of Hand 5 (+8)

Advantages: 17
Artificer, Attractive, Benefit 2 (Ambidexterity, Wealth 1), Connected, Contacts, Fearless, Ranged Attack 7, Ritualist, Trance, Well Informed

Powers: 45
Argus' Sight: Senses 2 (Detect Magic: Ranged)
Olympian Magic (30 point Dynamic Array)
. Hades' Kennel: Summon 7 [extras: Horde (3), Multiple Minions (3), Variable Type (Hellhounds); feats: Dynamic]
. . DAE: Artemis' Shield: Protection 12 [extras: Impervious]
. . DAE: Prometheus' Flame: Blast 10
. . DAE: Pegasus' Wings: Flight 5
. . DAE: Hippolyta's Belt: Deflect 8
. . DAE: Gates of Olympus: Teleport 5 [extras: Portal]
. . DAE: Heracles' Might: Power-Lifting 5

Defenses: 25
Toughness 12, Dodge 8, Parry 6, Fortitude 6, Will 13

Offense:
Prometheus' Flame: +10 Ranged Damage 10
Unarmed: + 2 Close Damage 0

Abilities 38 + Skills 25 + Advantages 17 + Powers 45 + Defenses 25 = 150 PP

Complications:
Motivation(Doing Good)-Bernard would rather Die than let others lose their Parent’s the Way he did…
Power Loss-If he can’t use his Hands,Then He can’t cast his Spells…
Honor-Raised as “A Proper Gentleman”,Bernard refuses to strike a woman(or allow one to be Struck in his Presence) and shows Proper Manners at all times…
Fame(as Bernard Only)-Being a slightly known fantasy Writer has it’s Problems..
Identity-Due to his love for his remaining Family ,he’s gone out of his way to prevent them from Knowing what he’s doing…
Relationships-Bernard is still very Close to his Older Brothers&slightly younger Sister(Jason,Silenus&Troia),even though they like to “Drop In” Occasionally..

Background:
Born Prometheus Bernard Byrne,Bernard is a dual Citizen(being the Next-to-last Child of a British Diplomat&an American Translator),so he tended to spend his early childhood Abroad with his Family.After His Parent’s tragic Deaths, him and his Siblings went back to America to be raised by their “Crazy Uncle Omar”.Though the Others Left after a while(To open a Publishing Firm&become a Broadway Starlet,repectfully),”Berny”(as he was affectionatly called by his Family) instead chose to stay&take care of Uncle Omar.Unbeknownest to the rest of the Family,though,He had Discovered that Uncle Omar wasn’t as “Crazy” as they all though and agreed to become His Apprentice.Using a “Mythology Research” excuse.Recently,Berny decided to go to college up in Toronto,picking an Accounting Degree to go for(as his Uncle is just terrible with money anyway)...

Warhounds(3 Maximum) PL:3(Summomed Creatures)
STR-2 STA-2 AGL-2 DEX-0 FGT-3 INT--4 AWE-2 PRE--2
Perception 4(+6) Stealth 4(+6) Expertise:Pack Tactics 4(0)
SENSES 3(low-lt.Vision,Acute Olfactory,Tracking) 1pp/rank
FIRE BREATH 5(Ranged Damage,Blast) 2pp/rank
IMMUNITY 10(Flame&Heat,anything with "Fire"Descriptor) 1pp/rank
Improved Trip,Teamwork
Init+2 Unarmed+3(Damage 2) Fire Breath+5(Ranged Damage 5 DC20 Dodge)
Dodge+4 Parry+4 Fortitude+4 Toughness+2 Will+2

Abilities 10+Powers 23+Advantages 2+Skills 6+Defense 5=46pp each
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

BTW,do we know when start-up is?
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

A couple of days. dealing with a stomach virus of some kind .
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

Barring any setbacks game should start tuesday.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Looking forward to starting tomorrow. Now if only I didn't have an exam to worry about tomorrow as well. :roll:
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

anybody know what the IC thread's under?
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

Sorry was very sick again last night am going to start tonight
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

The_baron wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:47 pm Sorry was very sick again last night am going to start tonight
ok,i hope you get better&i'll post on friday(as that's part of my usual routine:monday,wensday,friday&Saturday is when i don't have work)
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

Here's to hoping everyone is okay...
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

I am okay. Waiting patiently ^_^
Also hoping everyone is faring well.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Still here too
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."