Pathfinder One Shot (recruiting)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Pathfinder One Shot (recruiting)

Post by Flynnarrel »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 pm ::Kabbak looks off in the distance:: Yes. The dog.
::Black eyes narrow with renewed suspicion. Walks off.::
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 pm
Arkrite wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:05 pm ::Kabbak looks off in the distance:: Yes. The dog.
::Black eyes narrow with renewed suspicion. Walks off.::
::The tiny girl rolls her eyes, placing her hands on her hips with a huff.:: Boys.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:03 pm ::Black eyes narrow with renewed suspicion. Walks off.::
::Kabbak's stoic expression remains until Wharrl looks away, at which point the faintest crack of a smile crosses his face. Then he heads off to find his dog who, in spite of Wharrl's best efforts, would only be a bow shot away. The real question would be how to train Trebuchet to stop peeing on people's things?::
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

"'Nother round? Yeah, 'nother round."

Dawn Shanks

Half-elf Summoner 4
CN Medium humanoid
Init: 2 dex + 2 trait = +4

DEFENSE

AC: 17, touch 12, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor, +2 dex)

HP: 36

Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5

OFFENSE

Speed: 30 ft.

Melee: Dagger +1 (1d4/19-20, x2, 10 ft. range)

STATISTICS

Ability Scores: Str 7, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 18
Base: Str 7, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 15

Base Atk: +3; CMB +1; CMD 13

Feats: Skill Focus (Use Magic Device), Extra Evolution, Additional Traits

Skills:
Diplomacy - 4 ranks + 3 class + 4 cha +1 trait = +12
Bluff - 1 rank + 3 class + 4 cha + 1 racial + 1 trait = +10
Handle Animal - 1 rank + 3 class + 4 cha = +8
Perform (Storytelling) - 2 rank + 3 class + 4 cha + 1 trait = +10
Spellcraft - 4 ranks + 3 class + 2 int = +9
Use Magic Device - 4 ranks + 3 class + 4 cha + 3 feat = +14

Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic, Undercommon

Gear (Carried by Dawn): +1 Chain Shirt (1250 gp), Dagger (2 gp), Cracked Magenta Prism Ioun Stone (800 gp), Hat of Disguise (Crafted) 900 gp, Cloak of Resistence +1 (1000 gp), Scroll Box (5 gp), Spell Component Pouch (5 gp), Masterwork Folklore Compendium (100 gp), Scroll of Shield x 4 (100 gp), Scroll of Invisibility x 3 (150 gp), Scroll of Disguise Self (donated for crafting)(25 gp), Wand of Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon (750gp), Potion of Cure Light Wounds x 2 (100 gp), Explorer's Outfit (0 gp), Hip Flask (1 gp), Canteen (2 gp), Masterwork Backpack (50 gp)

Gear (Carried by Dusk): Bedroll and Blanket (6 sp), Belt Pouch (2 gp), Common Backpack (2 gp), Masterwork Meteor Hammer (310 gp), Masterwork Thieves' Tools (100 gp), Trail Rations x 6 (3 gp), Waterproof Bullseye Lantern (17 gp)

Gear (Left with carriage): Carriage (100 gp), Light Horse (75 gp), Medium Chest (5 gp), Oil x 2 (2 sp), Ale Cask (2 sp), Mead Cask (2 gp), Common Wine x 5 (1 gp), Fine Wine (10 gp), Sealord Wine (15 gp)

Currency: 117 gp

Special: Cantrips, Eidolon, Life Link, Summon Monster I + II  7 x day, Bond Senses, Shield Ally

Racial: Elven Immunities, Adaptability, Wary, Low-Light Vision, Elf Blood, Arcane Training (Summoner)

Traits: Elven Reflexes, Ease of Faith, Fast-Talker, Talented

SPELLS

Spells per day:
Level 1 -  4
Level 2 -  2

Spells Known:
Level 0 - Acid Splash, Daze, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Message, Read Magic

Level 1 - Enlarge Person, Grease, Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Level 2 - Haste, Summon Eidolon

Eidolon

"She doesn't talk much. Not because she can't... her voice just sounds like someone taking a garden hoe to a chalkboard with a vigor bordering on the heroic."
- Dawn Shanks

Dusk
3HD CN Medium Outsider
Biped Form
Init: +2

DEFENSE

AC: 19, touch 12, flat footed 17 (+6 natural armor, +1 shield (meteor hammer), +2 dex)

HP: 19

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +3

OFFENSE

Speed: 30 ft.

Melee: Meteor Hammer +8 (1d8+6, x2)(2h, Bludgeoning, Reach: 15 ft, Trip), 2 Claws +7 (1d4+4, x2)

STATISTICS

Ability Scores: Str 19, Dex 15, Con 13, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 11

Base Atk: +3; CMB +7; CMD 19

Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficency (Meteor Hammer), Combat Reflexes

Skills:
Disable Device - 3 ranks + 3 class + 2 dex + 8 racial = +16
Perception - 3 ranks + 3 class + 8 racial = +14
Sleight of Hand - 3 ranks + 3 class +2 dex = +8
Stealth - 3 ranks + 3 class + 2 dex + 8 racial = +16

Gear: Masterwork Meteor Hammer (Ultimate Combat, eastern weapons), Masterwork Thieves' Tools, Ratty Poncho of Modesty, Common Backpack, Bedroll and Blanket, Belt Pouch, Trail Rations x 6, Waterproof Bullseye Lantern

Special: Darkvision 60 ft., Link, Share Spells, Evasion

Evolution Pool: 9 EP

Evolutions: Claws (Free), Limbs (Arms)(Free), Limbs (Legs)(Free), Ability Increase (Dexterity)(2 EP), Ability Increase (Strength)(2 EP), Improved Natural Armor (1 EP), Skilled x 3 (Disable Device, Perception, Stealth)(3 EP), Reach (Meteor Hammer)(1 EP)

BIO

No one as a child daydreams that girl who's first at the tavern in the afternoon, and the one to be politely asked to leave an hour after closing time. It's the sort of thing that just... happens. Creeps up on you. It certainly crept up on Dawn Shanks, daughter of the adventurer Dirk Shanks, granddaughter of the great-and-mysterious Grady Shanks. Not that she'd ever had particularly lofty goals for herself. Maybe, best case scenario, marry some rich old noble and outlive him. Dawn had learned early on in life to temper her daydreaming; her daydream had a tendency of talking back.

Dirk Shanks had never really gotten along with his father. Wild, filled with wanderlust and chafing under Grady's tutelage, he left home at a young age and took up an adventurer's life. He didn't return home for almost ten years, but when he eventually did he did so with a four-year-old daughter named Dawn in tow. The child bore the evidence of her mixed heritage for all to see; her ears were long and carried a tapered Elven point. Dirk never fully explained who exactly Dawn's mother was nor the circumstances surrounding the girl's birth and her mother's absence. He once told her that her mother had been a beautiful Elven princess whom he'd rescued from the lair of a foul night hag and fallen in love with, and that he was sure she'd come to find them someday.

Dirk had never been good at staying in one place, and fatherhood didn't change that. It didn't take long for him to resume his adventuring career, leaving Dawn in Grady's care while he was gone. He'd return every so often for a few weeks, then a few days, until his visits dwindled to once or twice a year. She loved her grandfather and he provided her a comfortable and loving home life, but she steadily grew to be more and more bitter towards her father and the beautiful Elven princess who never came.

Although she was quite sociable by nature, the remoteness of Grady Shanks' place left Dawn with very few playmates of her own age. Like many children in such a situation, she developed an imaginary friend. She called it 'Dusk', or rather she claimed that's what it called itself. Much of her time was spent in hushed conversation with Dusk, or playing games they'd invented together. It was all a child's innocent fun... until the day Dawn's 'imaginary' friend showed up at the dinner table with her.

Naturally, this caused Grady no small amount concern. He consulted with a colleague from his adventuring days, an Elf wizard named Thaenvam Cerrurrol. Cerrurrol came himself to the Shanks lodge to analyze Dawn and Dusk. After a few weeks he determined that Dawn was in fact responsible for Dusk's presence; through her latent magical nature, she'd summoned it from her own thoughtscape. Apparently owing some debt to Grady, the wizard agreed to stay at the lodge for a time to help Dawn gain a handle on her magical abilities.

'A time' turned out to be several years. Between her grandfather's patient tutelage and support and Cerrurrol's strict regimen of lessons, Dawn slowly began to master the arcane energy she'd been subconsciously tapping. Dusk remained, growing steadily alongside the half-breed girl who had apparently created her. When it finally came time for Cerrurrol to return to his work, Dawn was pained. She'd grown close to him, and he'd taught her much of her mother's kind.

As the years went on and she approached adulthood, Dawn struggled to find a passion. There were a number of things she was reasonably good at, and Grady made a number of very reasonable suggestions. She just lacked the motivation to actually go out and do something. Having inherited her father's knack for storytelling, other patrons at a tavern she frequented began to solicit her for a yarn or three while they drank. She began to collect bits of interesting folklore from any source she could find, and started traveling to perform at taverns for tips. Never too far from home, but far enough that she purchased her own horse and carriage to make life easier. It's a modest living, and mostly an excuse to stay out nights and indulge in her true passion; alcohol. For now, at least, it's all she's got.
Last edited by MissRo on Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otter

Post by Otter »

Is there a stated deadline for applications? Just stumbled across this site and, while not familiar with the Pathfinder books, I've been looking over online material for it and getting some ideas. Being particularly drawn to the Bloodrager class. However it would probably take me a good part of this week to get both a background and stats spun up, due to my unfamiliarity with it.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Modified Wharrl to be the ranger archtype Falconer. It just means that instead of Wild Empathy +1 he has a bird animal companion (I chose Owl for the religious implications). If Dawn is willing he'll get her help training it. Changed a trait too.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 am Modified Wharrl to be the ranger archtype Falconer. It just means that instead of Wild Empathy +1 he has a bird animal companion (I chose Owl for the religious implications). If Dawn is willing he'll get her help training it. Changed a trait too.
"It's not the first time a guy has asked me to come outside so he could show me his bird and have me tame it, but for you..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Otter wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:23 pm Is there a stated deadline for applications? Just stumbled across this site and, while not familiar with the Pathfinder books, I've been looking over online material for it and getting some ideas. Being particularly drawn to the Bloodrager class. However it would probably take me a good part of this week to get both a background and stats spun up, due to my unfamiliarity with it.
After reading the class and especially at these levels it seems awfully similar to the barbarian character we already have pitched. Do you think there'll be enough class differentiation?
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

MissRo wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:15 pm
Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:08 am Modified Wharrl to be the ranger archtype Falconer. It just means that instead of Wild Empathy +1 he has a bird animal companion (I chose Owl for the religious implications). If Dawn is willing he'll get her help training it. Changed a trait too.
"It's not the first time a guy has asked me to come outside so he could show me his bird and have me tame it, but for you..."
::Eyes blink in dawning comprehension:: "Ah, no, I'm not initiating mating ritual. I want to see it we can teach Rea to poop on Kabbak's head."
Otter

Post by Otter »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 pm After reading the class and especially at these levels it seems awfully similar to the barbarian character we already have pitched. Do you think there'll be enough class differentiation?
I think it's possible, but I'll take a closer look at the pitched Barb and see. I have other ideas outside of that class if they would be too similar.

I take it that means there is still some time to get an app in?
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Otter wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:04 pmI think it's possible, but I'll take a closer look at the pitched Barb and see. I have other ideas outside of that class if they would be too similar.

I take it that means there is still some time to get an app in?
There's no deadline date as of yet.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Nor a stated desired party size. I suspect the GM will have to choose.

Halfling wizard
Half-orc barbarian
Tengu Archer
Dwarven Cleric
Duergar Gish
Half-elf Summoner

am I missing anyone?
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:14 am Nor a stated desired party size. I suspect the GM will have to choose.

Halfling wizard
Half-orc barbarian
Tengu Archer
Dwarven Cleric
Duergar Gish
Half-elf Summoner

am I missing anyone?
I'm pretty sure Miracle's aiming for four. It's not explicitly stated, but the story blurb in the first post mentions 'the four of you'.
Otter

Post by Otter »

Plus when the question was asked earlier Miracle said answer was in first post. So 4 does seem to be the magic number.

There's no rogue-type yet so I work on developing some concepts for that.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Miracle wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:12 pm Grady Shanks seemed like he would live forever. You mentor taught you everything he knew and perhaps a little more than he knew. Last night, Grady called you all in and told you he could feel his death fast approaching. A premonition. He tasks you four to go into the highlands to find the orb of rejuvenation. Afterwards he fell into a slumber that no one could break. He's alive. For now.

Level 4. 15 point buy. 6000 gold. Items may not be more than one third of your starting gold.

Books allowed: Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Class Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic

Anyone interested?
ah, yup. 4.