Pathfinder One Shot (recruiting)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Pathfinder One Shot (recruiting)

Post by Miracle »

Grady Shanks seemed like he would live forever. You mentor taught you everything he knew and perhaps a little more than he knew. Last night, Grady called you all in and told you he could feel his death fast approaching. A premonition. He tasks you four to go into the highlands to find the orb of rejuvenation. Afterwards he fell into a slumber that no one could break. He's alive. For now.

Level 4. 15 point buy. 6000 gold. Items may not be more than one third of your starting gold.

Books allowed: Core Rulebook, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Class Guide, Ultimate Combat, Ultimate Magic

Anyone interested?
Last edited by Miracle on Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Pathfinder One Shot

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yeah, I'm always down for some good ol' fashioned fantasy gaming.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Yeah, I just had an idea. Wanted to see how it would go. No knock on M&M, but I think this will be a bit simpler to start up :D
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

i'm all over this idea.A couple of question's to clarify some thing's:
1) How long have we all known each other? since childhood or The "Met at a Bar at Level 1" Method(I'm in favor of the first one,as it set's-up a better group Dynamic,in my opinion...)?

2)any Class restriction's(I ask because not everyone is as big a bookworm as me&may not have read The Pathfinder Boook's just cause they were bored..)?

3)How many players?(a typical group is 4-5 players,but really good GM's can get it up to 8 without any problems...)
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

4) How do we do HP per level? Roll, take half HP automatically, or full HP per level?
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

5) Isn't graphical representation of the game critical for Pathfinder combat?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

MacynSnow wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:28 pm i'm all over this idea.A couple of question's to clarify some thing's:
1) How long have we all known each other? since childhood or The "Met at a Bar at Level 1" Method(I'm in favor of the first one,as it set's-up a better group Dynamic,in my opinion...)?

2)any Class restriction's(I ask because not everyone is as big a bookworm as me&may not have read The Pathfinder Boook's just cause they were bored..)?

3)How many players?(a typical group is 4-5 players,but really good GM's can get it up to 8 without any problems...)
You all live with Grady for training. Before that, its your choice of backstory. Remember, different races have different times of growth. Childhood for a human is not as long as childhood for an elf.

No class restrictions.

The number of characters I want is in the first post :)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Arkrite wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:35 pm 4) How do we do HP per level? Roll, take half HP automatically, or full HP per level?
Full HP. When you level up you'll roll.

Speaking of rolls, use either Coyote Code or Orokos with a signed account. No anonymous rolls.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Spectrum wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:17 pm 5) Isn't graphical representation of the game critical for Pathfinder combat?
Grid maps are a dime a dozen :P
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You seem to have some interest! Is it fine for us to work on submissions now?
------------
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Yes, we'll start recruiting now :D
MacynSnow

Re: Pathfinder One Shot (recruiting)

Post by MacynSnow »

Here's my PC for submission.....
The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.-Nikola Tesla
NAME=Gaylorn Shadowgast RACE=Human AGE=27 CLASS= Alchemist Prestique Class=Master Cymist LEVEL=4 EYES=Green HAIR=Red DIETY=Abadar HOMELAND=Taldor
LANGUAGES=Common,Draconic,Elven,Dwarven,Undercommon,Orc,Goblin
STR-10(+0) DEX-10(+0) CON-10(+0) INT-16(+3) WIS-13(+1) CHA-13(+1)
HP-29 SPEED-30ft. INITIATIVE-+0 ARMOR CLASS-16(10 flat-footed, 16 Touch) FORT.+4 REF.+4 WILL+1 BASE ATTACK BONUS=+3 CMB-3 CMD-13

SKILLS:
Appraise-10(+3 Int.,+7 ranks)
Craft:Alchemy-13(+3 int, +8 ranks, +2 bonus)
Disable Device-2(+0 dex, +2 ranks)
Fly-1(+0 dex, +1 ranks)
Heal-7(+1 wis, +6 ranks)
Knowledge:Arcana-11(+3 int., +8 ranks)
Knowledge:Nature-7(+3 int., +6 ranks)
Perception-5(+1 wis., +4 ranks)
Profession:Alchemist-4(+1 wis., +3 ranks)
Sleight of Hand-1(+0 dex., +1 ranks)
Spellcraft-11(+3 int., +8 ranks)
Survival-3(+1 wis., +2 ranks)
Use Magic Device-3(+1 cha., +2 ranks)

FEATS:
Brew Potion, Throw Anything, Cosmopolitan, Master Alchemist

DISCOVERIES:
Explosive Bomb, Infuse Mutagen

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Alchemy(Extracts= 1st. Level: Cure Light Wounds[1D8+3 HP healed];Bomber's Eye[+1 attack w/ranged weapons&x2 thrown range];Shield[+3 AC in front];Ant's Haul[3x carring capacity], 2nd. Level: Cure Moderate Wounds[2D8+3 HP Healed];Fire Breath[Cone shape-Reflex for 1/2 damage-Useable 3x for duration-4D6 fire damage first time/2D6 fire damage second time/1D6 final time]) Extract DC=13+1/2 level, Casting Level=14
Mutagen(+2 Natural AC, +4 to either STR.,DEX., or CON. but takes a -1 on either INT.,WIS., or CHA.)
Alchemical Bombs(7 bombs total: 20 ft. range/10 ft.splash range: Ref. DC=13+1/2 level: 2D6+3 damage + 5 splash damage +1D6 fire damage/round)
Poison Resistance(+2-to saves-all Poisons)
Poison Use(Can't accidentally poison self)
Swift Alchemy(takes 1/2 the time to make a potion)

WEAPONS&GEAR:
2 +2 Punching Daggers(19-20 crit., 1D4+2 Piercing damage)
+2 Chainshirt(Light armor, -2 check penalty, 20% spell Failure, 25 Ib. weight)
Backpack, Adventurer's kit, Bedroll, Healer's kit, Flint&tender, 5 unlit torches, 2 pack's of self-made smokesticks, Alchemist's Kit,Formulae Book, Scrollcase with 20 blank pages,ink&quill

Background:
Gaylorn grew-up the middle child of the Famous(or Infamous,depending on who you speak to) Shadowgast Family of heroes of Taldor.Considered a "Genius Prodigy" by the time he was 8 ,Gaylorn was always told by his Beloved Grandparents to "Be the Front-line Defense of our world from the Forces of Darkness"....only problem was that he wasn't a very Physically imposing person&his personal Skills were....rather lacking,so he turned his available talents towards the Study of Alchemy...He was apprenticed to Grady as a Favor from his Parents(he tended to be a little....Reckless in his Experiments)...
Last edited by MacynSnow on Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

NAME=Lucil Forgefire RACE=Halfling AGE=24 CLASS= Wizard LEVEL=4 EYES=Green HAIR=Red DIETY=Nethys HOMELAND= Taldor
LANGUAGES=Common, Halfling, Elven, Dwarven, Goblin
STR-8(-2) DEX-10(+0) CON-13(+1) INT-18(+4) WIS-12(+1) CHA-12(+1)
HP-28 SPEED-20ft. INITIATIVE+4 ARMOR CLASS-13(13 flat-footed, 11 Touch) FORT.+3 REF.+2 WILL+6 BASE ATTACK BONUS=+2 CMB+0 CMD-10

SKILLS:
Craft: Armor +13(+4 Int., +4 Ranks, +3 Class, +2 Racial)
Craft: Weapons +13(+4 Int., +4 Ranks, +3 Class, +2 Racial)
Knowledge: Arcana +11(+4 Int., +4 Ranks, +3 Class)
Knowledge: History +12(+4 Int., +4 Ranks, +3 Class, +1 Trait)
Knowledge: Planes +12(+4 Int., +4 Ranks, +3 Class, +1 Trait)
Perform: Sing +3(+1 Cha., +2 Racial)
Spellcraft +13(+4 Int., +4 Ranks, +3 Class, +2 Feat)
Use Magic Device +7(+1 Cha., +4 Ranks, +2 Feat)

Traits:
Hedge Magician, Scholar of the Great Beyond

FEATS:
Scribe Scroll, Magical Aptitude, Craft Wondrous Item, Alertness[/i]

SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Arcane Bond: Familiar (Rabbit +4 Initiative, Alertness; Familiar can Share Spells and Transfer Spells
Arcane School: Transmutation (Enhancement) Illusion and Necromancy are opposed
Adaptable Luck +2 on rolls 3/D
Fearless +2 on
Hedge Magician 5% cost reduction when producing magical items
Physical Enhancement +1 Con.
Augment +2 to a touched target's ability score, 7/D

SPELLS:
* Means Prepared

Prepared 0th Level DC 15
Resistance
Ray of Frost
Flare
Read Magic
Detect Magic
Empty Slot

1st: DC 16
Slots: 4/4 | 1/1
Comprehend Languages
Mage Armor
*Enlarge Person
Feather Fall
Crafter's Fortune
*Magic Missile
*Shield
*Grease
Endure Elements
Reduce Person (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Sleep (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Snapdragon Fireworks (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Web Bolt (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Windy Escape (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Color Spray (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Expeditious retreat (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Heightened Awareness (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Thunderstomp (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Summon Monster 1 (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
Protection from Evil (From Spell Scroll 35 GP)
*Empty Slot

2nd: DC 17
Slots: 3/3 | 1/1
Fox's Cunning
**Flaming Sphere
Masterwork Transformation
*Bull's Strength
Invisibility (From Spell Scroll 190 GP)
Resist Energy (From Spell Scroll 190 GP)
*Empty Slot

WEAPONS&GEAR:
Slotted Magic
Belt: None
Body: None
Chest: All-Tools Vest (810/1800)
Eyes: None
Feet: Boots of the Cat (450/1000)
Hands: Gloves of Reconnaissance (900/2000)
Head: Buffering Cap (900/2000)
Headband: None
Neck: Amulet of Natural Armor (900/2000)
Shoulders: Cloak of Resistance +1 (450/1000)
Wrist: Braces of Armor +1 (450/1000)

On Person
Mstw Backpack (50 GP)
Bandolier (2): 2/16 slots * (1 GP)
*Spell Component Pouch (5 GP)
*Potion of CLW (25 GP)
Ink+Inkpen (8.1 GP)
Vial (10) (10 GP)
Flint+Steel (1 GP)
Waterskin (1 GP)
Journal (10 GP)
Spellbook+Book Lariat (.3 GP)
Scroll Box: 4/10 Slots ~ (5 GP)
~Scroll of SM1 (25 GP)
~Scroll of Sleep (25 GP)
~Scroll of Color Spray (25 GP)
~Scroll of Thunderstomp (25 GP)
Scholar's Outfit (0 GP)
Artisan's Tools, Masterwork (Weapon) (55 GP)

Pony (Combat Trained) (45 GP)
Bit+Bridle (2 GP)
Riding Sadle+Sadle Blanket (10.5 GP)
Sadlebags (2): 80/80 lbs. * (8 GP)
*Animal Feed (4) (.2 GP)
*Tent(small)+Bedroll+Blanket (10.6 GP)
*Mess kit+Tankard (.22 GP)
*Soap (.01 GP)
*Lantern, Bullseye, Waterproof (17 GP)
*Oil (5) (.5 GP)
*Waterproof Bag (.5 GP)

Currency
9.07 GP

Background:

Born in Taldor to a semi-famous halfling clan of Forgefire, famed for their fine crafstmanship, Lucil had a hammer in her hands from the moment she could walk. Like the rest of her family her natural talent in their arts was undeniable, but the little girl had always possessed an innate sense of curiosity regarding the larger universe as a whole. What did the worlds behind worlds look like? How did people move from one realm to another? What strange and exciting works of fantastical engineering existed hidden from view?

These questions were always at the forefront of her mind when she snuck away from the workshop to visit the library nearby where she slowly started to see the hints of truth regarding the nature of reality and magic. Textbooks aimed at apprentices helped guide her through the motions of spellwork while more advanced volumes even taught her how to bind a sliver of magic within an animal- A familiar. Flumph, the pet rabbit gifted to her for turning ten, was all too happy to volunteer.

Hidden away in one of these tomes however were the plans to a strange and brilliant device, one which promised amazing and incredible powers to it's wearer. Being young and overconfident in her abilities, she decided to try crafting it herself. But her own inexperienced proved disastrous, as the armband which would've granted her significant power had instead spontaneously corrupted and grew malicious, latching onto and tearing into her arm like an animal. Her family heard the screams and rushed to save her as best they could. But despite their efforts, they couldn't remove the failed creation turned cursed object.

But hope wasn't lost, as it was rumored that the great Grady Shanks was in the area in search of apprentices, so they got in contact with the celestial man in hopes he could save the young wizard. He removed the cursed wristband, destroying and purging the object of malicious magic, saving the little girl's life. When the Forgefires asked him how they could repay his kindness and good will, he asked to take her on as one of his apprentices.

She showed great promise and ability, he reasoned, though her foolhardy nature could easily result in a repeated incident if allowed to continue un-mentor'd. They graciously accepted his request, and packed the girl's bags to the brim with mementos and keepsakes, sending her off with well wishes and love. Lucil was beside herself with elation and disbelief at how quickly things had come and gone, and was readily accepting of the man's teachings and guidance.

Her skills with magic and craftsmanship grew as the years drug onwards, learning from Grady the secretive techniques unknown to most in the creation of magical devices great and small. Her first piece were a pair of armbands much like the cursed one from before, which enveloped her in a thin protective layer of magic. Other strange trinkets followed in it's wake, each one bearing a display of style and craftsmanship unlike almost any other.

The books provided to her helped shed even more light on the wondering of her childhood dreams, placing words and names to the planes beyond the material. So many more mysteries and wonders laid out before her, but she looked on with anticipation and delight at jut how much was left for her to learn.

Perhaps that cursed armband had given her great power after all...
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 10 times in total.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm building a ranger. What might be good favored enemies and environment you'd recommend? I'm also relatively new to Pathfinder characters so I hope you'll forgive any errors.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Not to give too much away, but you'll be trekking through forests and caves. Goblins an orcs will be there, but there will be a few oddballs, especially in the lightless caves that lead underground to unknown territory :shock: