Pathfinder One Shot (recruiting)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Pathfinder One Shot (recruiting)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Miracle wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 am That rabbit and cloak! :oops:

Though if you went Int 17 to 18 at level 4, you'd be 3 skill points lower.
Nope, that's clarified on the boards that retroactive bonuses are applied.

Link

I did however drop one capped crafting skill, clothing, to keep Arcana. Arguably more useful...

Edit: Oh, and I made initial changes, and priced her three remaining magic items (now dropped to +1 where needed), I'll go through everything else later.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hold off on reviewing Wharrl. Now that I've learned a bit more about what I'm doing I'll tweak him a little bit.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Just say when, Flynnarrel
wulfgar187 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:45 am Image
Keldor
Race: Dwarf
Class: Cleric 4
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Deity: Irori

Ability Scores
Str: 14(+2), Dex: 12(+1), Con: 14(+2), Int: 10(+0), Wis 16(+3), Cha: 10(-+0)
To be honest, I'm tired of guessing. Nothing against you personally. Please show how you spent your points.
Hit Points: 40(4d8+8)
Base Attack Bonus: +3, CMB: +5
Armor Class: 22(10 Base +9 Armor +2 Shield +1 Dex), Touch: 11, Flat-Footed: 21, CMD: 16
Saving Throws: Fortitude +7, Reflex +5, Will +8
All good.
Feats: Extra Channel, Lightning Reflexes
Yeah.
Skills: Appraise +5(1 rank +3 Class + 1 Int), Climb +3(2 ranks +3 Class +2 Str -4 Armor), Heal +7(1 rank +3 Class +3 Wis), Knowlede(Nobility) +6(1 ranks +3 Class +1 Int +1 Trait), Knowledge(Planes) +6(2 ranks +3 Class +1 Int), Knowledge(Religion) +6(1 rank +3 Class +1 Int +1 Trait), Sense Motive +7(1 rank +3 Class +3 Wis), Spellcraft +7(3 ranks +3 Class +1 Int)
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Adds up.
Traits: Armor Expert, Child of the Temple
Yup.
Racial Features
Slow and Steady: Dwarves have a base speed of 20 feet, but their speed is never modified by armor or encumbrance.
Darkvision: Dwarves can see in the dark u to 60 feet.
Defensive Training: Dwarves get a +4 dodge bonus to AC against monsters of the giant subtype.
Greed: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise checks made to determine the price of nonmagical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
Hatred: Dwarves receive a +1 bonus to attack rolls against humanoid creatures of the orc and goblinoid subtypes due to special training against these hated foes.
Hardy: Dwarves receive a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells and spell-like abilities.
Stability: Dwarves receive a +4 racial bonus to their Combat Maneuver Defense when resisting a bull rush or trip attempt while standing on the ground.
Stonecunning: Dwarves receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to potentially notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receice a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
Weapon Familiarity: Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word "dwarven" in its name as a martial weapon.
That's it, man.
Class Features
Aura
Channel Energy: 2d6(5/day)
Domains: Healing(Rebuke Death 6/day), Strength(Strength Surge 6/day)
Orisons
Flying solo.
Spellcasting
Caster Level: 4, Concentration: +7
Spells Per Day: 1st - 4+1, 2nd - 3+1
Usual Level 0 Spells Prepared(DC 13): Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Resistance
Usual Level 1 Spells Prepared(DC 14): Bless, Divine Favor, Enlarge Person, Magic Weapon, Shield of Faith
Usual Level 2 Spells Prepared(DC 15: Bull's Strength, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Spiritual Weapon
You forgot a parenthesis! :twisted:
Weapons
Masterwork Warhammer +6(1d8+2, attached weapon cord)
Masterwork Light Crossbow +5(1d8, 20 bolts)
Battle Axe +5(1d8+2)
2 Throwing Axes +5(1d6+2), thrown +4(1d6+2)
Uh huh.
Combat Gear: 2 Oil of Magic Weapon, Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, 2 Potions of Cure Light Wounds, Scroll of Comprehend Languages, Scroll of Eagle's Splendor, Scroll of Lesser Restoration, Wand of Cure Light Wounds(50 charges)
Non-Combat Gear: Masterwork Full Plate Armor, Masterwork Heavy Steel Shield, Cloak of Resistance +1(created by Lucil), Masterwork Backpack, 2 Bandoliers, Bedrol, Belt Pouch, Chirugeon's Kit, Fighing Kit, Flint and Steel, Gear Maintenance Kit, Common Grappling Hook, Grooming Kit, Silver Holy Symbol, Holy Text, Mess Kit, Common Riding Kit, 100 ft Rope, Scroll Box, Soap, 50 ft String, Medium Tent, 2 Waterskins, Whetstone, Climber's Kit, Spell Component Pouch, Surgeon's Tools, Scale Mail Barding, 3 Days Feed, Combat Trained Heavy Horse, Military Saddle, Explorer's Outfit, 5 Days Dwarven Trail Rations
Wealth: 450 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Copper
Like I've been saying to others, please show receipts... I mean prices next to objects :D
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Camus wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:05 pm Image

NAME=Feljost Murlak RACE=Duergar AGE=59 CLASS= Fighter/Wizard LEVEL=4 EYES=Black HAIR=Black DIETY= HOMELAND= Taldor
Please note how many levels of what class. I mean I figured it out to be two of each level. But GM doesn't mean Guessing Master. If so I would be the Guessing Novice! :o
LANGUAGES=Common, Giant, Undercommon, Dwarven, Goblin, Orc
STR14(+2) DEX-10(+0) CON-12(+1) INT-17(+3) WIS-12(+1) CHA-6(-2)
5 + 0 + 0 + 10 + 0 + 0 = 15. Yes? Some are easier to notice, but hey I might get it wrong!
HP-42 SPEED-20ft. INITIATIVE+0 ARMOR CLASS-15(15 flat-footed, 11 Touch) FORT.+4 REF.+0 WILL+4 BASE ATTACK BONUS=+3 CMB+5 CMD-16
How are you getting 42 HP? HD (10+10+6+6) + 4 (Con) + 4 (Toughness) = 40.
Speed, Initiative, AC, Saves, Base Attack, CMB. All correct.
How'd you get the +1 on CMD?
SKILLS:
Appraise +8 (+3 Int., +2 Ranks, +3 Class)
Climb +9 (+2 Str., +4 Ranks, +3 Class)
Intimidate +2 (-2 Cha., +1 Ranks, +3 Class)
Linguistics +7 (+3 Int., +1 Ranks, +3 Class)
Perception +3 (+1 Wis., +2 Ranks, +0 Class)
Spellcraft +10 (+3 Int., +4 Ranks, +3 Class)
Stealth +8 (+0 Dex., +4 Ranks, +4 Race)
Swim +6 (+2 Str., +1 Ranks, +3 Class)
Survival +5 (+1 Wis., +1 Ranks, +3 Class)
Adds up.
Traits:
Armor Expert, Magical Knack (Wizard)
Uh huh.
FEATS:
Toughness, Spell Mastery (Magic Armour, Shield, Magic weapon). Fighter bonus feats: Arcane armor training, Combat expertise. Bravery
Bravery is not a feat, it's a class ability.
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Arcane Bond: Object Ring of protection+1. True Strike.
Arcane School: Universalist
Duergar immunities
Enlarge person self
Invisibility self
Stability
Light sensitivity
Darkvision
Slow and steady
Yup.
SPELLS:
* Means Preppared
Whoever did this mockup cannot spell 'prepared', saw it on Lucil's sheet too :P
0th Level DC 15
Mending *
Penumbra *2
Resistance *
Penumbra is not in the accepted books.
1st: DC 16
Slots: 5/5 | 1/1
Magic weapon *
True strike
Mage Armor
Burning hands *
Magic Missile
Shield *
Sleep
That's good.
WEAPONS&GEAR:
Masterwork Galvie 308 gp
Masterwork Earth breaker 340 gp
Ring of protection +1 2000 gp
Mithral chain shirt 1100 gp
Cloak of resistance +1 1000 gp
Longbow 75 gp
Arrows x40 2gp
That's good.
Mundane guear
Bedrol, Belt Pouch, Flint and Steel, Gear Maintenance Kit, Common Grappling Hook, 100 ft Rope, Scroll Box, 50 ft String, Medium Tent, 2 Waterskins, Whetstone, Climber's Kit, Spell Component Pouch, 5 Days Dwarven Trail Rations
Receipt these.
Currency
973 GP 5SP

Background:
Feljost was born underground, in the perpetual shadows of the fortress his clan had built. He was raised as a warrior and as a wizard, to follow the tradition of the Spellbenders, the cast of his forefathers. Few duergars escape the fate of being enslaved by drows, and the few clans that are strong enough to do so, usually establish commercial links with their dark elven enemies in order to gain the upper hand on their interclan wars. A duergar hates many things, but a duergar from another clan is surely in the top 10. Feljost never understood that. He professed extreme hatred to the drow and other less pleasant dwellers of the underdark, but not to his brethren. "It will be your undoing, Feljost!" had warned his father. And in the end it was. After a successful raid to a drow campment, Feljost's party found a couple of wounded duergars on their way back. Feljost convinced the leader to take the wounded with them. But they were not wounded, not permanently at least. Taking advantage of their "saviours" rest, the stray duergars healed up their wounds with magic and slaughtered Feljost's party. Feljost was left in the brink of death, as a "reward". The next thing he knew was that he was being carried by someone, he tried to fight back but he was wounded severely. "Rest my friend, you have been through a lot. You are among friends now." sayd a soothing and calm voice. Almost as if it was a spell, Feljost fell asleep. The name of his benefactor was Grady Shanks. He was leading a party into the underdark to rescue a friend enslaved by the drows, and on their way back they found Feljost half dead.
The kindness of these strangers melted Feljost's heart further. He felt that he was a stranger to his own kin, feeling much more at ease with this friendly strangers, who had saved him despite his allegiances.
Grady Shanks offered Feljost to train him further in both body and mind, and the duergar accepted.
Awesome.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Okay, I added a bit of Eastern flavor to Wharrl (feels more right for a tengu that way), but still very ranger-y (including having an orc/half-orc chase him around as he shoots training arrows, I liked that bit). But now he doesn't feel so fragile if caught in melee and/or without armor.

I tried to keep to approved sources but the prd isn't always good about telling that. I hope I did alright. Please take a look.

And I saved off the old stats in case those were preferable. :)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm Wharrl'Tik was found as a fledgling in the woods by Grady Shanks. He took in the young and strange Tengu and, after failing to find his flock, reared him as his own kin. Wharrl, for his part, never felt truly comfortable in the city, preferring the outdoors, trees, and high places and took quickly to both the bow and rope weapons. His worship of the Mother Owl aspect of Itheia became a foundation belief to him and a core reason to venerate the natural world. Knowing that everything happens according to Her plan, Wharrl has often wondered how he came to be in the forest that day and the chain of events that finds him on this path now.

Without meaning to Wharrl comes off as aloof, preferring to stay silent when he doesn't know what to say, which is often around the featherless. Given his lack of the facial expressions most humanoids are used to spotting his relationships have been few.

His favored enemy is not representative of a hatred of orcs, just that he has specific training against them; perhaps because they are the most common threat, perhaps because he has grown up sparing against one or more.

Wharrl'Tik
TN Tengu ranger 2/Zen Archer monk 2 (Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 263)
Medium humanoid (tengu)
Just to note, Tengu are found in Advanced Race Guide. Zen Archer is from Advanced Player's Guide.
AGE=18 EYES=black HAIR=none DIETY=Ithreia HOMELAND= Taldor
Init +6; Senses low-light vision; Perception +10
Good.
--------------------
Defense
--------------------
AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 15 (+4 Dex, +5 armor, +1 Dodge)
hp 40 (2d10+2d8+4)
Fort +8, Ref +11, Will +5
All good.
--------------------
Offense
--------------------
Speed 30 ft.
Melee net +5 (entangle) or
. . bite +5 (1d3+2) or
. . Unarmed +5 (1d6+2) or
. . Sword, Seven branched +5 (1d10+3), two-handed, monk, disarm, special trip
Ranged +1 composite longbow +9 (1d8+3/×3) or
. . rapid shot: 2x +7 1d8+3(x3), deadly shot: 2x +6 1d8+5(x3)
. . bolas +7 (1d4+2 nonlethal, trip) or
. . net +7 (entangle) or
Special Attacks combat style (archery)
That's good.
--------------------
Statistics
--------------------
Str 14, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
(14 15 14 10 10 8 before racial mods and level bonus)
Bless you, sir.
Base Atk +4; CMB +6; CMD 20
Feats Dodge(1stLVL), Deadly Aim(3rdLVL), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bolas), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (net), Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Seven Branch Sword), Point-Blank Shot(monkbonus1), Precise Shot(monkbonus2), Rapid Shot(ranger2), Improved Unarmed Strike(monk1), Perfect Shot(zenarcher1), Weapon Focus-bow(zenarcher2)
Traits indomitable faith(+1 Will), reactionary(+2 initiative)
Never seen a net user before. Neat.
Skills (6x2+4x2+2 = 22)(rank+class+attribute+special) Climb +6(1+3+2), Fly +7(3+0+4), Knowledge (nature) +4(1+3+0), Acrobatics +11(4+3+4), Perception +10(4+3+1+2), Stealth +13(4+3+4+2), Survival +8(4+3+1), Swim +6(1+3+2); Racial Modifiers +2 Perception, +2 Stealth
Languages Common, Tengu
Good.
SQ track +1, wild empathy +1
Other Gear +1 chain shirt[250GP for armor + 1000GP for magic], +1 composite longbow (+2 Str)[600GP for weapon+2000GP for magic], bolas (4)[20GP], net (2)[40GP], cloak of resistance +1, griffonmane {+2Fly}[50GP+500GP(crafted)], Wand of Cure Light Wounds{50 Charges}[750GP], Wand of Gravity Bow {25 charges, Ranger 1}[375GP], Ioun Torch[75GP], sword-seven-branched [50GP], arrows(40)[2GP], (20) arrows, blunt, {bludgeon} [2GP], backpack [2GP], 6 Days Rations [3GP], Flint [1GP], waterskin [1GP], whetstone [2CP], hunting knife [2GP], fishing line and hook[1SP], iron pot [5sp], 50ft silk rope [10GP], bedroll [1sp], Blanket [5sp], hammock [1sp], Soap [1cp], 3 chalk [3cp], mirror(small steel) [10GP], 2 Grappling hook [12GP], crowbar [2gp], 2 bags caltrops [2GP], 2 bags of marbles [2GP] , Waterproof bag [5sp], Arrows, durable 20 [20GP], 2 wrist sheaths [2GP]
spent 5783 gold, 18 silver, 6 copper
You should put how much you have left.
--------------------
Special Abilities
--------------------
Deadly Aim -1/+2 Trade a penalty to ranged attacks for a bonus to ranged damage.
Glide replaces Gifted Linguist Fly DC 15, Fall safely from any height, additional Fly DC 15, move 5ft for every 20 descended.
Low-Light Vision See twice as far as a human in dim light, distinguishing color and detail.
Point-Blank Shot +1 to attack and damage rolls with ranged weapons at up to 30 feet.
Precise Shot You don't get -4 to hit when shooting or throwing into melee.
Rapid Shot You get an extra attack with ranged weapons. Each attack is at -2.
Exotic Weapon training replaces Swordtrained proficient in 3 exotic weapons; Net, Bola, Seven-branch Sword
Track +1 Add the listed bonus to survival checks made to track.
Wild Empathy +1 (Ex) Improve the attitude of an animal, as if using Diplomacy.
Favored Enemy +2 Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense Motive, Survival, Attack and Damage against; Humanoid (Orc)
Flurry of blows As full-round action launch extra attack, [Unarmed, monk weapon, or bow] At -2 to all attacks, BAB from monk class = monk lvl, NOT in armor or medium/Heavy encumbrance. NOT stack with Rapid Shot
AC Bonus Add Wisdom to AC and CMD, even flatfooted, NOT in armor
Perfect Strike 2/Day, roll 2 d20s on [bow] attack and take the better.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at http://www.wolflair.com
Pathfinder® and associated marks and logos are trademarks of Paizo Inc.®, and are used under license.
Huzzah!
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Well I'm still trying to pt a background together that I actually like and doesn't seem to be influenced by anything aside from my imagination. On another note I've edited my post with the character build to include the requested information(ability point cost breakdown and gold spent on each item). If there's anything else you require aside from me posting some kind of background let me know and I'll try to do so as soon as I can..hopefully will get over the writer's block I seem to be experiencing soon and get a background soon.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Go for that sweet sweet fluff :P
Camus

Post by Camus »

Ehm, lets start.
I get +1 hp/lvl as traits from the fighter class. I get the +1 CMD from ring of protection or cloak of resistance, don't know which, heh.
I moved Bravery to class abilities.
Ah preppeared! Changed that too.
I'll have to buy a parasol or something if I can't use penumbra =P Or go with that reduction in Dark vision to reduce light sensitivity.
I'll add prices to the mundane equipment right away.
Thanks for the compliment on the background!
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Camus

Post by Camus »

Got a lot of cash, so bought some scrolls and potions as well. Hey Dr., we could exchange spells if we both get picked. =)
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Camus wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:12 pm Got a lot of cash, so bought some scrolls and potions as well. Hey Dr., we could exchange spells if we both get picked. =)
Sharing is caring!

I've finished up spending pretty much all of my gold, and I followed the trend and tried to add a more in depth backstory to boot.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Miracle wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:02 am
'''Combat Gear '''''potion of cure light wounds'', oil; '''Other Gear '''''+1 breastplate'', dagger, mwk silver greatsword, sling, throwing axe (3), ''amulet of natural armor +1'', ''ring of protection +1'', backpack, flint and steel, lamp, small tent, trail rations (7), waterskin, whetstone, winter blanket, guard dog, 7 sp, 8 cp<br/>
Would you mind putting Rage... I mean prices next to the items :P
Potion of cure light wounds -Healing Rage
''+1 breastplate'' -Defensive Rage
dagger - Pointy Rage
mwk silver greatsword - Shiney Rage
small tent -Annoying to put together Rage
guard dog - Negative 6 Billion Rage. Dogs are CALMING!!! ;~)

On a more serious note, I will try to add the costs in some point today or tomorrow.

Also just going to add the stats for Rage below the standard stats.
Seeing as Kabbak has Handle Animal, I'm assuming he trained the dog. Correct?
Yes, though it's possible there was assitance from the other PCs
Really the dog is just a pet for fluff purposes, I'm hoping to avoid bringing it into fights as it will die.
:~(

Thank you for all of this! I've cooked up a few things reading it.
Glad you liked it.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Arkrite wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:42 pm
::Wharrl waves a training arrow in front of the dog.:: 'You want the stick, boy?" ::Nocks it to bow and fires it far into the distance.:: "Fetch!" ::Turns to Kubbak as the dog runs off:: "That was for him peeing on my quiver."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:57 pm
Arkrite wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:42 pm
::Wharrl waves a training arrow in front of the dog.:: 'You want the stick, boy?" ::Nocks it to bow and fires it far into the distance.:: "Fetch!" ::Turns to Kubbak as the dog runs off:: "That was for him peeing on my quiver."
::Kabbak looks off in the distance:: Yes. The dog.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Code: Select all

Backpack		2 GP
Blaket, Winter		5 SP
Flint and Steel		1 GP
Lamp			1 SP
Oil			1 SP
Tent, Small		10 GP
Trail Rations x7	3 GP 5 SP
Waterskin		1 GP
Whetstone		2 CP
Dog, Guard		25 GP

Amulet of Natural Armor +1	2,000 GP
Potion o Cure Light Wounds	50 GP
Ring of Protection +1		2,000 GP

Breastplate +1			1,350 GP

Masterwork Silver Greatsword	530 GP
Dagger				2 GP
Sling				0
Throwing Axe x3			24 GP
Unarmed Strike			Priceless
I'll try to work these into the main sheet later.