3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

Okay, eating supper, starting a show and posting to all my games this evening. :D
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

What show?
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

TekHed wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:43 amWhat show?
In addition to the above question I'd like to add the following...
Bladewind wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:00 am the pilot is not a non-powered Science-Police officer. The uniform may be a standard issue/ generic Legion suit, but the nametag says "Taine." Maverick would instantly recognize Richard Taine, otherwise known as Ricochet. Some might say that his power levels are not in your league, but a pilot that can be in multiple places literally at once as well as survive nearly any fall is a definite plus as a pilot.
So...he does have powers?
Departure from Earth is uneventful, and the ship makes the jump through hyperspace, leaving no traces in the stargate system. Indeed, no stargate goes to Apokolips. As you enter the edges of the asteroid belt near your destination, Richard chimes in.
I thought the Fourth World was only accessible by Boom Tube?
Taine stops the ship in the asteroid belt, debris created from the destruction of New Genesis centuries ago.
New Genesis gets destroyed???
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

TekHed wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:43 amWhat show?
Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. :)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

TekHed wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:14 am
Richard Taine, otherwise known as Ricochet. So...he does have powers?
Yup. Son of Triplicate Girl and Bouncing Boy.
I thought the Fourth World was only accessible by Boom Tube?
Hush. You got your continuity in my chocolate. :D

Seriously, I thought so too, so I looked and looked and looked and found several instances where it wasn't a requirement.
New Genesis gets destroyed???
In several continuities, unless my nerd-fu is way off. I seem to recall instances where the New Gods essentially live in a city which is all that's left of their homeworld.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:10 pm
TekHed wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:14 am
Richard Taine, otherwise known as Ricochet. So...he does have powers?
Yup. Son of Triplicate Girl and Bouncing Boy.
But a few sentences before you said the pilot was a non-powered science police officer...that's why I was confused.

Also, forgot to mention I'm kind of sad about Solarhawk being transferred away...I'd thought her presence was part of the hook in getting me in and was looking forward to exploring that connection. :(
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maybe she'll still turn up somewhere. You don't know that she didn't stow away. ;)

Also was still hoping Intrepid or Hawkangel will pipe up with a reaction to Maverick before they've actually taken off. We got pushed ahead kind of super far ahead to simply continue the conversation back at HQ
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

We can always insert dialogue from the prior scene through the miracle of posting! I think Bladewind might have jumped the gun to keep things moving after prior stalls.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

EpicEclipse wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:21 pm Maybe she'll still turn up somewhere. You don't know that she didn't stow away. ;)

Also was still hoping Intrepid or Hawkangel will pipe up with a reaction to Maverick before they've actually taken off. We got pushed ahead kind of super far ahead to simply continue the conversation back at HQ
You can always indicate that *this happens in private* or Maverick gets pulled aside. I was a little concerned about dragging on.
As for the pilot, its supposed to read not a non-powered individual. I will have to check that.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:00 am Although the ship is equipped with an autopilot, you'll (hopefully) be relieved that piloting duties are not going to depend on any of you. What's more, the pilot is not a non-powered Science-Police officer. The uniform may be a standard issue/ generic Legion suit, but the nametag says "Taine."
Did I say non-powered somewhere else?

And Maverick? Already living up to your skillset? Yes, I had planned for Solarhawk to stowaway. :lol:
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Given Maverick's sensory powers and his skills at and disposition, scanning to make sure he knew who was on board the shuttle would not be unreasonable.

As for why he might not have outed any theoretical stow away is another story. ;)
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Must have misread...
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maverick can post an appropriate roll at any time - at the very least he'll notice a masked energy signature. Greater success will show that to be a heat signature, potentially showing contained over masked.
I'll roll a few for some general checks that Maverick would make going over the shuttle, switching his Variable senses accordingly for each.

Firstly to determine if we have extra living beings on board.
Senses 10 (Detect Life, Ranged, Accurate, Penetrates Concealment, Counters Concealment), Distracting

If detecting someone to determine if they are Legionnaires or not.
Senses 10 (Detect Legion Ring, Ranged, Accurate, Penetrates Concealment, Counters Concealment), Distracting

Next, regardless to determine if they are transmitting anything.
Senses 9 (Radio, Acute, Accurate, Analytical, Counters Concealment, Tracking 2), Distracting

At this point, if there is another living person on board, he knows where they are, if not necessarily who.

Can also cycle through some other things like detecting concealment to learn if they are using any manner of cloaking device. Power cores for robots and the like that may require one. Pretty much all following the same basic power set up as above.

So that is 5 specific things I mentioned to check, so I will roll 5 times, each resuktnin the order I mentioned here;

Perception with various sensory powers: 1D20+15 = [10]+15 = 25
1D20+15 = [10]+15 = 25
1D20+15 = [4]+15 = 19
1D20+15 = [14]+15 = 29
1D20+15 = [2]+15 = 17
We might be trouble if there are any robots.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

TekHed wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:26 am Must have misread...
All good. :D
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Going to analyse that resonance, see if I can figure out the nature of it. May need an expertise check to understand what he analyses beyond basic energies involved, but this should let him pick out the specific resonance and get some kind of understanding of what is causing it, and the sources of it, or more specifically, what is resonating with what.

Senses 9 (Resonance Awareness, Acute, Accurate, Analytical, Penetrates Concealment), Distracting

Senses to analyse the resonance: 1D20+15 = [9]+15 = 24

Expertise (Jack-of-all-trades): 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
(Might get some basic info for 10+, but not a strong roll. He has Jack-of-all-Trades, so the exact Expertise needs doesn't matter)