3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: 3e OOC - LSH - Dawnfire Rising

Post by Bladewind »

She is. But I don`t want to lead the group through one player. That and, I had Solarhawk suggest Dragonmage do something to put you back on course that didn`t involve putting the spotlight on said character. ;)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

to be fair, Dragonmage's next question was going to be, does anybody remember where we parked the time sphere?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Jewel wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:36 am Intrepid

"Woah ! Easy does it 'Hawk ! And 'Fire, what, you're the Weirdo Legionnaire now? Can someone tell me what the sprock is going on with you guys? I get it, time shift. but we came here following these Probots. The Time Sphere is parked over there... Meeting Kaleb is a bonus, but anyone who honors the House of El is okay in my eyes...

Bold mine. ;)
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:10 pm She is. But I don`t want to lead the group through one player. That and, I had Solarhawk suggest Dragonmage do something to put you back on course that didn`t involve putting the spotlight on said character. ;)
Actually I think leading the group through one player is fine. If it's limited and then the same is done with others at some point. It's why niches are so nice. They give each player space to shine. :)

I mean seriously even Dream Girl (with one of the weakest possible powers - IMO - as a Legionnaire) was a major face of the Legion during one of its toughest times - Darkseid. :shock:
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Don't disagree there Starguard, but, when you consider who the player is, I took it as a slippery slope. :D :lol:
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

I got nothing on the computer scan...
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

Not really sure what to add. Out of combat Bastion is more of a low-level face with insight and persuasion (and attractive). Also good for scouting dangerous regions. Feeling sort of useless otherwise. Should I consider a change in character?
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Dreamer likewise has nothing to really add here. She was really built to be a supporting cast member so as not to step on anyone's toes so has no particular strong areas. Like Bastion she functions as a low level face if needed but otherwise is great as a distraction which isnt useful here.

It's also a bit awkward coming in just at the tail end of an event. We seem to be on the edge of tipping over into a new scenario, but I don't know if Blade is waiting for someone to do something specific or what or what is keeping us from actually leaving and continuing on with the plot. Though to be fair as Well, none of the current cast seems to really have any leads on what to do or where to go next.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

I do have another character in mind from a previous game that would be much more versatile, though it depends on if Bladewind would allow the build. Bastion is a brawler, but combat is often the least satisfying part of PbP.
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

TekHed wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:41 pm I do have another character in mind from a previous game that would be much more versatile, though it depends on if Bladewind would allow the build. Bastion is a brawler, but combat is often the least satisfying part of PbP.

Where art thou, oh Wind of Blades?
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Fluttering on the wind like a lost leaf.

Been exhausting the last few weeks. no energy to sit in front if a computer as much as I want - the spirit is willing, but the flesh is beat.
Trying to come back yet again. Thanks for your patience.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

I'm right there with you BW. Who knew September October would be so rough?
TekHed

Post by TekHed »

I'm in the midst of planning a vacation for myself...the first in over a decade! I'll be posting minimally for the first few weeks of November, possibly not at all, and will definitely have at least a week where I intentionally disconnect from technology.

Still heavily leaning into switching up characters. Seems like now is the time to do it since we're at a reset point. I had thought that playing someone more steeped in our time would make for an ease of transition into the less familiar setting, but maybe someone local would let me get more background info from Bladewind.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I'd love to hear more Tek.

Despite my comments on the other board about my other game, I have no intention of dropping or putting this one on hiatus.
Just need another day or two to get back in posting form.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Alive and kicking, mostly in self defense as Bladewind would say.

Glad to see this is still alive too. :lol: