The Pantheon* ( Intrest check for a m&m3e Superhero game set in a university)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
The_baron

The Pantheon* ( Intrest check for a m&m3e Superhero game set in a university)

Post by The_baron »

Hey there! it's the_ baron with a very interesting game idea! Here is the gameplan: you are all Freshmen at a university whose powers have just awoken( perferably) fighting against a supernatural conpiracy that has its fangs in the goverment. Power level is 10/150pp. Good luck!!!

*= Game title is subject to change.
Miracle

Re: The Pantheon* ( Intrest check for a m&m3e Superhero game set in a university)

Post by Miracle »

Is this still set in Canada?

I'm guessing the tone will be more dark than comedic?

Three ideas.

First is someone who can turn into large feral animals, but is troubled to do so as they lose all but a little of their humanity. Turned into a wolf or a tiger? Acts like a wolf or a tiger with a human brain.

Second is a magic user who's magic depends on vampire blood to keep her magic. At the start of the story they'll have an adult vampire chained up somewhere (in secret?) so they have a steady supply of blood. There may be a dark turn that she has to feed it to keep the blood flow going.

Third is pixie. I dunno, I've had pixies on the brain on and off for the past two weeks or so.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: The Pantheon* ( Intrest check for a m&m3e Superhero game set in a university)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Yeah sure, I'd be interested. Are more traditional powers allowed, or do you have a preference one way or another? I had an idea for a spin on the speedster archetype I'd like to try.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

Miracle wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:02 pm Is this still set in Canada?

I'm guessing the tone will be more dark than comedic?

Three ideas.

First is someone who can turn into large feral animals, but is troubled to do so as they lose all but a little of their humanity. Turned into a wolf or a tiger? Acts like a wolf or a tiger with a human brain.

Second is a magic user who's magic depends on vampire blood to keep her magic. At the start of the story they'll have an adult vampire chained up somewhere (in secret?) so they have a steady supply of blood. There may be a dark turn that she has to feed it to keep the blood flow going.

Third is pixie. I dunno, I've had pixies on the brain on and off for the past two weeks or so.
The first story arc of the game is set in toronto. Future arcs will take place all across Noth America
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:43 pm Yeah sure, I'd be interested. Are more traditional powers allowed, or do you have a preference one way or another? I had an idea for a spin on the speedster archetype I'd like to try.
Yes more traditional powers are allowed.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Do you want us to work on characters or are you looking to see who'll play?

Any thoughts on the ideas I presented?

I can start writing whenever you want :D
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

Miracle wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:15 pm Do you want us to work on characters or are you looking to see who'll play?

Any thoughts on the ideas I presented?

I can start writing whenever you want :D
Start working on characters
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

First post on this board, to say "I'm interested".

Some possible ideas:
1. Yeoman/Arrow-type peak-human archer (not so much with the 'trick arrows') with a non-combat teleport (that is her actual 'power); the daughter of a Mountie, she was going to college with an eye towards law enforcement- bowhunting and wilderness survival were just hobbies.
2. Modern-day update on the Golem legend- character is an arcane scholar, and the Golem is a magical battlesuit (currently fairly basic powerhouse 'suit', but with room to grow); ritualist, artificer, and strong investigation skills but no combat magic.
3. 'Rodeo'- can summon a ghostly horse (basically a descriptor for flight) and a spectral lasso (grab-focused Move Object)
4. 'Whisper- empathic super-detective type.

Anything look interesting out of this lot?
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:12 pm First post on this board, to say "I'm interested".

Some possible ideas:
1. Yeoman/Arrow-type peak-human archer (not so much with the 'trick arrows') with a non-combat teleport (that is her actual 'power); the daughter of a Mountie, she was going to college with an eye towards law enforcement- bowhunting and wilderness survival were just hobbies.
2. Modern-day update on the Golem legend- character is an arcane scholar, and the Golem is a magical battlesuit (currently fairly basic powerhouse 'suit', but with room to grow); ritualist, artificer, and strong investigation skills but no combat magic.
3. 'Rodeo'- can summon a ghostly horse (basically a descriptor for flight) and a spectral lasso (grab-focused Move Object)
4. 'Whisper- empathic super-detective type.

Anything look interesting out of this lot?
Numbers 1, 3 seem like good fits for the game.
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

This seems rather interesting! I have an idea for a magnetic controller - a mutant whose powers inexplicably awoke in high school. Basically a teenage Magneto gone good with an acerbic wit and a healthy dose of "I'm a skeptic. I believe what you call magic is just some form of Science I haven't figured out yet!". The fact that he's a smart cookie and his magnetic powers mesh really well his his background in STEM is just frosting on the cake. A solid "Lancer" or "Smart Guy" in any Five-Man-Band.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

How do you feel about a Dabbler of Magic in you game?if no Magic,then i'll probably do a Super-Drug Enhanced Super Athlete(got into college by Sport's Scolarship)that abilities got "stuck onto him genetically...

The Dabbler of Magic Kid would be the Perfect foil for the Magneto-Good Kid.Especially if i was to add a Doyle&Houdini type-of spin to it...."Magic is real and ignores your rules of science because it just is!Now,what do you want on your Half of the Pizza?"...:D
kenmadragon

Post by kenmadragon »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm How do you feel about a Dabbler of Magic in you game?if no Magic,then i'll probably do a Super-Drug Enhanced Super Athlete(got into college by Sport's Scolarship)that abilities got "stuck onto him genetically...

The Dabbler of Magic Kid would be the Perfect foil for the Magneto-Good Kid.Especially if i was to add a Doyle&Houdini type-of spin to it...."Magic is real and ignores your rules of science because it just is!Now,what do you want on your Half of the Pizza?"...:D
"Pineapple and Black Olive. Oh, and onions and green peppers if we've got 'em. And I swear if you use that mumbo jumbo to make it, I will use your 'spellbook' as a coaster!"

:mrgreen:

Also, now I need to find and watch that show to get the reference you just made. Thanks for that! :)
The_baron

Post by The_baron »

MacynSnow wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm How do you feel about a Dabbler of Magic in you game?if no Magic,then i'll probably do a Super-Drug Enhanced Super Athlete(got into college by Sport's Scolarship)that abilities got "stuck onto him genetically...

ether one sounds good.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Hank was born and raised a country boy in a small town in Alabama. He was a good-mannered, fun-loving kid. His family taught him respect for the land and the animals, to honor nature before anything else. They had a reason though. Hank's family were Weres. No, not werewolf. They had the whole stew in them. Everything under god's sun and moon was in their blood.

When he started into his teenage years, he got his first gift. The ability to understand and speak to animals. At first he thought he was crazy, so he kept it to himself. Thing is, the family had a who bunch of animals running around. So he couldn't avoid the secret for long. Except they knew. Some of the animals around the area were them.

Things went on 'normally' as they could. Hank continued to talk to animals in secret. Outside of that, he had very few friends. He couldn't bring himself to hunt or fish anymore. He didn't go full vegetarian, but he also cared how the meat he was eating was cared for. Oh and he played football and baseball. Country pastimes. He was really good at them and scouts were checking him out.

Unfortunately, Hank was about to forget all of that. It was one of those good old bonfire nights when he was around a bunch of friends. Dancing, drinking, all sorts of backwoods fun. The trouble started when one of the guys obviously had a little too much and was hitting on a girl that wasn't having it. Hank stepped up to defend the girl. He and the other guy had some angry words before they started a scrap. Hank remembered feeling ever bit of anger flow through him. Though the savage fury felt natural. He threw everything he had into it, under the guise of chivalry. When he came to... he was a wolf. And the guy who he was fighting with was a dead mess. And no one else was around.

Hank couldn't believe it. He was an animal. There was no way he could explain this to anyone. Those who saw it though were gone for a reason. They'd ran to get the police. Animal control. Whatever to stop him. He heard sirens in the distance. For the next few days he hid out in the woods. learning to forage . He felt two minds inside him. His own and a savage, feral one that wanted nothing but to eat, sleep, mate, and tear into anything that challenged the former three. Running into other animals, he asserted his dominion over the area, but his human side tried to pull out of the savagery. He could talk to these animals and had to share space with them. He was a very large apex predator.

He was finally snapped out of it when he smelled gunpowder. Something made him want to change the hunters down, but with rationale, he knew he would die. And then he turned back into his human self. He made a beeline for his home to get some fresh clothes and a shower. After he got there, his mother and father were waiting. They knew about the incident.They explained his heritage. He was a Were. No fancy hybrid forms, but he could be any animal he wanted if he could deal with the consequences. At the bonfire he had very little inhibitions. They knew he wouldn't stick around. They made arrangements for if this ever had to happen. He would go north. Canada. They had some distant relatives up there.

Strength 7 Stamina 6 Agility 4 Dexterity 0 Fighting 9 Intellect 0 Awareness 5 Presence 0 [62pp]

Dodge 7 (+11) Parry 2 (+11) Fortitude 5 (+10) Toughness (+6) Will 5 (+10) [19pp]

Athletics 8 (+15), Expertise (Awe): Animals 5 (+10), Expertise (Awe): Nature 5 (+10), Perception 5 (+10) [12pp]

Animal Empathy, Great Endurance, Favored Environment (natural areas), Track [5pp]

Beast Speech: Comprehend 2 (speak to animals, Understand animals) [4pp]

Variable 8 (40 points to assume animal forms; Limited to animals, Quirk: always white) [47pp]
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Slow-Mo
Power Level: 10
Quote: "Complete control over the flow of time, yet I still manage to be late for class. God- damn my life."
Concept: Slacker who can slow time
Legal Status: American-born Canadian Student with no criminal record.
Identity: Hasn't considered it yet.
Place of Birth: Washington D.C., Maryland, USA.
Marital Status: Single
Living Relatives: Mother, father, 3 older siblings.
Height: 5'7
Weight: 200ish
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Abilities:
Strength 2, Stamina 2, Agility 3, Dexterity 0
Fighting 4, Intellect 3, Awareness 5, Presence 0

Advantages 7
Beginner's Luck, Instant Up, Assessment, Well-Informed, Takedown, Move-by action, Benefit: Wealth (Well off)
Uncanny Dodge, Evasion

Skills 13 (26)
CC: Unarmed 4(+8), Ex: Games 6(+9), Investigation 4(+8), Perception 8(+13), Insight 4(+9)

Powers 30+49= 79

Super-Slacker; 5+32+12= 49
..Timeless.: Immunity 5 (Temporal Effects) 5
..Too Slow.: Immunity 80 (Parry and Dodge based attacks), Concentration, Limited (Not against surprise attacks); Reaction teleport 1 ] 32
..Time Dilation Field:Enhanced Advantages (Uncanny dodge, Evasion), Enhanced Defenses (Dodge 5, Parry 5) 12

Time Stall tricks; 26+1+1+1+1 = 30
..I had to WALK here!: Accurate teleport 13 (limited to places reached physically) 26
....Longest. Fight. Ever.: Selective Multiattack Strength-Based Damage 6, Accurate 2, Penetrating 5 1 - 26/26
....Don't like you, you, orrrr you.: Selective Burst Area 2 Strength based Damage 6 1 - 24/26
....You don't need that.: Move Object 10, Area-Burst, Selective, Damaging, Duration - Instant(@-1/r), Range-Close, Limited-Must share a surface, Subtle(needs rapid senses to detect); Improved Disarm; Teleport 1 1 - 23/26
....Bring it down a notch.: Speed 12 (Subtle (needs rapid senses to detect)), Quickness 12 (Subtle (needs rapid senses to detect)) 1 - 26/26

Offense
Initiative +3
Concentrated Blows: +12; Penetrating 5 Multiattack; DC 23
Multiple Lovetaps: Selective 60 ft. burst; DC 23
You don't need that: +10 Disarm; Selective 30 ft. burst

Defense 0+0+5+5+5
Dodge 8, Parry 9, Fortitude 7, Toughness 7, Will 10

Power Points
Abilities 36 + Powers 79 + Advantages 7 + Skills 13 (26 ranks) + Defenses 15 = 150
Complications
Motivation:Bored as hell
Wesley is so supremely, overly bored with life and everything it has to offer. He wants to feel the rush of an intense fight, the thrill of scoring a tangible victory. Maybe using these new (To the perspective of others) powers, he'll finally find a way to quench his lifelong apathy...
Quirk:All the time in the world
He's never been that prone to doing literally anything in his life, always putting things off to the last second. Now that he has his power over time, it's even more tempting to just take weeks off at a time not doing anything productive what-so-ever. It's not unlikely for him to completely forget what he was doing before slowing down time, and loose track of his goals if he had any in the first place.
Secret:The black sheep
The Dulls are actually an old wealthy family who trace their success to several textile innovations in the 1800's, which helped kicked off the Dull Corporation. The youngest son of it's current CEO, Wesley has become ostracized in the face of his much more ambitious and hard working older siblings. He receives a monthly stipend of cash to help him, but his family has repeatedly threatened to cut him off if he doesn't start doing something more then playing games.

-------------------------------------
"My Life", By Wesley Dull:
Yeah, look, I can't really be bothered to go through my whole life story here, so I'll just give you the jist. My parents are rich as balls, decided to have a bunch of kids, and ended with me. They decided sending me to a Canadian university would be a good idea, make me "shape up" and "Get a real job" or whatever.

Yeah, that obviously worked out great. They send me money every month for books and to pay rent, but pretty much all of it just goes into my sweet rig at home. So w hat if I don't get top marks in class, not like it really mattered or anything. One of these days they're going to send my sister or someone to bring me back home so I won't have to bother with this crap.

But so what if they don't? Who cares.

At some point though I got these really weird powers, time just comes to a standstill. It's actually pretty awesome. I can take a break whenever I want and nobody can stop me. Doesn't last forever, time always goes back to normal eventually. Which I may or may not notice too late.

Alright fine, I'm pretty terrible at keeping time. But you'd be awful at it too if you had powers like this! God though, it can all get really boring really fast. Yeah, I can get to like... the other side of town in three seconds, but I have to
walk the entire damn way. You think I'm moving really fast, when all of you are just moving super slow. I'd kill for it to just be a pure speed thing, but it just had to be complicated didn't it?

I've been thinking about using my powers do actually
do something in a twist of faith, maybe try and save some kids or something. Stop some criminals from doing messed up crap, confront a bully or two while they can't do anything to me. But why should I bother with that now?

I got all the time in the world.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."