New Earth Heroes (second edition) (recruiting until April 16)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
venomfang

Re: New Earth Heroes (second edition)

Post by venomfang »

Your sins shall be punished! The Reaper comes for you this night!
Grim Reaper

Bio
Fear was something Conner Mathews knew all to well growing up, if it was a phobia odds are he had it. His parents sadly were to busy to seek the help their young son needed, his father a big time business man and his mother a well respected lawyer, so with his fears he was forced to deal. The only comfort young Conner found was in learning, and with his eidetic memory learning came easily and swiftly to him.

He found a love in chemistry and upon reaching college began working on his doctorate in it. It was in college that he met the woman who would forever change his life. Emily Lora Killpatrick was a engineering major and everything Conner wasn't and then some. Where he prefered to stay shut in from the horrors of the world, she was brave and outgoing, and where he was a scrawny nobody, Emily was beautiful and someone everyone who met her adored. To this day Conner has no idea what Emily originally saw in him, but she took to him and despite his protests forced him out on his first date ever. Conner had never felt so at ease before with another person in his life with her his fears seemed to be for once manageable. The young couple talked the night away, him talking chemistry and about his fears, her talking engineering and how she dreamed of making the world a better place for all. It was because of Emily, Conner began to see a therapist hoping to help deal with his phobias. It helped, he began to learn to manage his fears and became inspired. Chemistry was great tool, but he wanted to do more, he wanted to help people with problems much like his. With this in mind he began taking classes aiming to become a psychiatrist, so that he like the love of his life, could try and make the world a better place for all.

Upon graduation, Conner worked up the courage and proposed to Emily. To his wonderment, she said yes. That night the happy young couple went out and celebrated their engagement. Sadly the joy of the moment was swiftly ruined. As the two walked home, a man stepped out of the shadows, wielding a gun and demanding all they had. Fear gripped Conner like never before, and he froze up. The mugger shot, missing Conner but Emily was hit. Though not fatal, the bullet robbed Emily of her ability to walk. Conner blamed himself, blaming his cowardice for the love of his life being hurt. As Emily recovered in the hospital, Conner began working on a serum to take away his fear so never again would he freeze up when those he loved were in danger. After nearly a month of work, he found some success. He had managed to create a serum that would repress and make him immune to fear of all sorts, the only draw back was that it was not permanent and he found when the serum wore off, his fears came back stronger than ever. Only sheer force of will kept him from being driven mad by his fears.

When Emily was released from the hospital, he told her the news of his serum and begged her forgiveness for being such a coward, saying he understood if she didn't want to marry him anymore. Emily simply smiled and told him that she did not blame him for what happened, he had not put the gun in the muggers hand after all. Together they decided that they wanted to prevent something like this happening to others, that no one should use fear to prey on the fearful. With her knowledge in engineering and his in chemistry the lovers set to work building the devices would need to fight back against the criminal underworld. Taking advantage of his eidetic memory, Conner began to train his body in combat, pushing himself to limits he did not think possible for himself. He opened up his own psychiatric office and hid their secret headquarters in the sub level below.

After nearly two years, the now married coupled are ready to take the battle to criminals, and with the sudden emergence of people with super powers, it's none to soon. Conner has donned the face of the one thing all people deep down fear, and with his wife providing intel, they have transformed Conner into the masked hero The Grim Reaper!

Grim Reaper
PL: 10
Identity: Secret
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 165 lbs
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Dark Brown

Abilities 42pp
Str: 16+3
Dex: 16+3
Con: 16+3
Int: 18+4
Wis: 18+4
Cha: 18+4

Saves 15 pp
Fort: +6
Ref: +10
Will: 12
Toughness: +8

Skills 18 pp
Acrobatics: 8 (+11), Craft Chemical 6 (+10), Drive 4 (+7), Intimidate 8 (+12), Investigate 8 (+12), Knowledge: Behavioral Science 8 (+12), Knowledge: Physical Science 8 (+12), Notice 8 (+12), Profession: Psychiatrist 6 (+10), Stealth 8 (+11)

Feats
Defensive Roll 2, Eidetic Memory, Equipment 9, Evasion, Hide in Plain Sight, Minions 3 (45 pp Minion-Undertaker), Move-by-Action, Startle, Take down Attack 2

Powers 11pp

Fear Serum Immunity 1 Fear Effects 1 pp (Power Loss-Must take serum every 24 hours, Minor, Uncommon -1pp)

Grim Reaper Mask Device 2 Hard to Loose 8 pp
Computer System Super Senses 5- Communication Link (The Graveyard; Radio), X-ray Vision (Stopped by Lead), Enhanced Trait 2 (Jack-of-all Trades, Well Informed) 7 pp
Combat System Enhanced Trait 3 (Attack Focus 2 [Ranged], Uncanny Dodge [Auditory]) 3pp

Reaper GunDevice 1 Easy To Loose- 3pp
Fear Gas Pellets Emotion Control 8 (Alternate Save- Fort; Reduced to Range, Limited to Fear) 4pps
A.P. Gas Emitter Emotion Control 8 (Alternate Save-Fort, Cone Area; Reduced to Touch, Limited to Fear) 1pp

Equipment
Reaper Costume Protection 3 3EP

Utility Belt 20 EP
Flash Bangs Dazzle Burst (20ft Radius, DC 14 save) 16 EP
A.P.Scythe-a-rangs Ranged Damage 5 (Mighty)
A.P.Power Knucks Touch Ranged Damage 5 (Mighty)
A.P.Smoke Bombs Obscure (Visual) 2
A.P.Grappling Hook Super Movement 1 (Swinging) Linked to Speed 1

The Graveyard Headquarters 12 EP
Small Size, Toughness 10, Features: Communications, Computer, Concealed, Fire Prevention System, Garage, Gym, Infirmary, Laboratory, Power System, Security System, Workshop.

Reaper Cycle 10 EP
Medium Size, Str 15, Speed 5, Defense 10, Toughness 8, Features: Alarm

Combat 44pp
Attack +10 (Melee +10, Ranged +12, Grapple +13)
Damage: Scythe-a-rang +8 (Ranged), Power Knucks +8 (Melee), Unarmed +3
Defense: +12 (Flatfooted +6)
Initiative +3

Total: Abilities 42, Feats 20, Skills 18, Saves 15, Powers 12, Combat 44, Draw Backs -1= 150

Complications

Relationship Emily Mathews- Conner's beloved wife is the only person to know that he is secretly the Grim Reaper, and works the computer end of things getting Conner any information he may need when out on patrol.

Secret Identity No one save for his wife know Conner and Grim Reaper are one in the same, and he hopes to keep it that way.

Medication If Conner goes to long without his serum, his fears come back in force rendering him completely unable to take any actions, unless he can make a will save (then he is restricted to a single action a round).

Minion Undertaker
PL 3
Identity:Secret
Abilites
Str 10 +0, Dex 8 -1, Con 10 +0
Int 20 +5, Wis 16 +3, Cha 16 +3

Combat:
Attack +0 Grapple +0
Defense +0

Saves:
Fort +0, Ref -1, Will +3, Toughness +0

Skills: Computers 8 (+13), Craft Mechanical 8 (+13), Craft Electronics 8 (+13), Gather Information 8 (+11), Knowledge Technology 8 (+13), Knowledge Current Events 8 (+13), Medicine 8 (+11), Profession Engineer 8 (+11)

Feat:
Benefit: Wealth 2, Connected, Contacts, Inventor, Well Informed

Draw Back-
Paraplegic- Common, Major -4 pps

Total:
Abilities 20, Saves 0, Combat 0, Skills 16, Feats 6, Draw backs -4
Everyone loves to see the hero fall
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

venomfang, if I'm reading this correctly, Grim Reaper was a hero before the whole reality incident? Which, while certainly not impossible, could be improbable. Don't take me as saying 'no'. just that reality was as is now before the reality incident.
venomfang

Post by venomfang »

Miracle wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 am venomfang, if I'm reading this correctly, Grim Reaper was a hero before the whole reality incident? Which, while certainly not impossible, could be improbable. Don't take me as saying 'no'. just that reality was as is now before the reality incident.
Oh so no super sciencey stuff before the incident, I think I can rework his back story and probably drop the headquarters since something like that would take a while to set up.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Miracle wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2017 3:53 am Sure, venomfang, go ahead.

By the way, what of the rest of you? Doctor Malsyn? Camus? Hoid? MacynSnow? You guys still here?
dude,i got stuck in the door and couldn't leave... ;)
ready to roll whenever you are. :)
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

*beats the internet viciously while screaming obscenities. beats the internet into unconsciousness. keeps hitting the internet until it's skull is reduced to bloody pulp. takes a deep breath.*

....sorry, the prolonged absence was not planned for. By way of apology, I'm formally withdrawing. :|
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Hoid wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 am *beats the internet viciously while screaming obscenities. beats the internet into unconsciousness. keeps hitting the internet until it's skull is reduced to bloody pulp. takes a deep breath.*

....sorry, the prolonged absence was not planned for. By way of apology, I'm formally withdrawing. :|
Its fine. Once you find some stable internet, come back to us :D
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

venomfang wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:55 am
Miracle wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 am venomfang, if I'm reading this correctly, Grim Reaper was a hero before the whole reality incident? Which, while certainly not impossible, could be improbable. Don't take me as saying 'no'. just that reality was as is now before the reality incident.
Oh so no super sciencey stuff before the incident, I think I can rework his back story and probably drop the headquarters since something like that would take a while to set up.
Yeah, everything a month ago was sane. Well, as sane as 2017 could be :p
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Miracle wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:53 am
Hoid wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 am *beats the internet viciously while screaming obscenities. beats the internet into unconsciousness. keeps hitting the internet until it's skull is reduced to bloody pulp. takes a deep breath.*

Its fine. Once you find some stable internet, come back to us :D
....seriously? Well, s**t, then, count me in! I was rather certain my unfortunate absence had soured the waters, so to speak. Well then: I guess I am playing. :ugeek:
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Hoid wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:56 am....seriously? Well, s**t, then, count me in! I was rather certain my unfortunate absence had soured the waters, so to speak. Well then: I guess I am playing. :ugeek:
You still have to fix your character :mrgreen:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Miracle wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:07 am
Hoid wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:56 am....seriously? Well, s**t, then, count me in! I was rather certain my unfortunate absence had soured the waters, so to speak. Well then: I guess I am playing. :ugeek:
You still have to fix your character :mrgreen:
Sadly, it must wait 'till tomorrow. I'm tired as all h**l, and my brain refuses to do simple math.
venomfang

Post by venomfang »

would you allow a Limited to Frightening images to be used on the illusion power for the -1 pp per rank? I've got a reworked idea in my head for my character, using mostly the same theme but just want to check on this
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Yeah, that seems sufficiently limiting.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

i'm still intrested in this,BTW,just to let everyone know.... :)
Camus

Post by Camus »

so?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Alright not sure if this game is still going to be ran but I'm expecting to finally get my 2e books back from my cousin(supposedly bringing them with him when he visits in roughly three weeks)...been nearly four years since he borrow'd them. Not having immediate access to my books I'm having some difficulty remembering most of what was available and the point cost and such. Would anyone mind helping me flesh out my idea for a character?

Name: Replicator
Main Power: Photographic Reflexes - essentially Taskmaster's and Echo's ability.
Other Powers: Minor Super-Speed, Super-Senses(mainly sight and hearing based and maybe danger sense), Leaping and maybe some Regeneration/Immunity(some of these can be included in equipment/devices if need be).
Other Information: Was looking to have a device/equipment array to help him use whatever skills/feats/wahatever he got from his main power.