New Earth Heroes (second edition) (recruiting until April 16)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: New Earth Heroes (second edition)

Post by Miracle »

Miracle wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:38 pm I could have swore I put some answers to these questions in thread, but apparently not.

It won't be city based, it will be regional to national level. You'll be working with a government sanctioned organization. They won't run it, but they'll be supplying you with your funding. Your director, Mr. Johnson, has picked you from a long list of super-powered individuals.

Officially, anyone with a superpower is called a Threat, and is given a threat level. F-level Threats are harmless while A-level Threats are someone you don't deal with, you survive. I see you guys as floating around in the C-grade. The less formal name of Threats are, of course, heroes and villains, depending on how they use their powers. Humanity is split on the whole thing. The general consensus is that if you're not harming anyone, you're good. If you're helping out, that's awesome, don't end up in a morgue.

Mr. Johnson, the one who contacted you about the group, is tall and thick, with cue bald head. He has no eyes, but he covers that up with dark sunglasses. He looks to be in his late forties, early fifties. He always wears a formal black business suit, tie, and shoes, with a white shirt. His voice is deep as you would expect a man of his size would be. His accent registers as Midwestern. Southern without the twang.

His attitude is always serious and professional. He treats the Threats he works with as equals. He wants to earn their trust, not their scorn.
Mr Johnson started collecting people for the program about two weeks ago. He still recruits, but has chosen four he trusts for a job to get done to show that he's not wasting taxpayer money. The briefing will come in the story thread.

As for specific Threats, you can make your own, but I'll be making a handful of NPCs both fair and foul. Tonight I'll start a roll call thread with some information. I already have the setup.

Events? You can count the last 31 days as one jumbled mess. It affected everyone in both large and small ways. If you want to make specific events out of it, run them by me. I won't say no, but I'd like to hear them before I put them into canon :D
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Funny, I'd never actually noticed those lack of details... whoops.

I've already created a Threat as part of T.W.'s background, the Crimson Engineer. Said threat is essentially Tony Stark on crack, capable of making advanced technology out of scrap and Junk like nobody's business. Probably a fairly high level Threat, when going against people who can't control all his equipment. ;P
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Alright thanks for the information...it should'n't take me too long to work any or all of it into my background and/or complications then get them added to my build.
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

I've updated my earlier post with a picture, of The Demon aspect of the build, and a bio/background. I didn't need to adjust to much nor could I find to much room to implement much if any of the provided setting information unfortunately.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Two questions, the trio of Threats, do you have ideas for them or do you want me to come up with history/powers for them? Also, I think you may have flubbed, but it looks like he moved in with his stepmother, not his girlfriend :shock:
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Hmm after looking over the background I apparently typed the wrong name...it's fixed thanks for pointing it out to me. As for the villains I was just trying to think up three names for characters...if you want my opinion on what they could be based on powers wise that's fine otherwise feel free to make them however you want whether you accept me in the game or not.

If it helps here's what I was thinking their powers could be based off.
Inferno - fire based powers
Vektor - a Deadshot/Bullseye type
Rekall - either a mental(primarily/mostly illusion) type or mimicry type
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Alright, I'm gonna stop recruiting on the 16th. That will be 8 full weeks since I started this little endeavor. After that we'll sort out what we have.
Miracle

Re: New Earth Heroes (second edition) (recruiting until April 16)

Post by Miracle »

It's been quiet here for a while. Just wondering if you guys are still here. Sunday will be the cutoff date. Also, is there anything You want from me?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Still here, still primed to play T.W.. Hmm... Really, I'm just hoping for a fun game that'll last, even if there's just a handful of us who submitted.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

See, originally I wanted four. But I think I can deal with three. I wouldn't mind a fourth. I'll just have to soften up the things we do! :lol:
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

I'm still here as well, although I could have sworn my application made at least 4 apps if not more. Of course if mine went missing or something let me know and I should still have it here on my laptop in a wordpad.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Here
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

i'm still here too,in case anyone was wondering....:)
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Honestly, I did not know Sunday was Easter. So, game will start Monday.
MacynSnow

Post by MacynSnow »

Miracle wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:40 pm Honestly, I did not know Sunday was Easter. So, game will start Monday.
cool,can't wait&Happy Easter everybody! :D