New Earth Heroes (second edition) (recruiting until April 16)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Miracle

Re: New Earth Heroes (second edition)

Post by Miracle »

Camus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:59 pmso?
It's still up in the air, we have 2-3 finished characters.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

wulfgar187 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:48 pm Alright not sure if this game is still going to be ran but I'm expecting to finally get my 2e books back from my cousin(supposedly bringing them with him when he visits in roughly three weeks)...been nearly four years since he borrow'd them. Not having immediate access to my books I'm having some difficulty remembering most of what was available and the point cost and such. Would anyone mind helping me flesh out my idea for a character?

Name: Replicator
Main Power: Photographic Reflexes - essentially Taskmaster's and Echo's ability.
Other Powers: Minor Super-Speed, Super-Senses(mainly sight and hearing based and maybe danger sense), Leaping and maybe some Regeneration/Immunity(some of these can be included in equipment/devices if need be).
Other Information: Was looking to have a device/equipment array to help him use whatever skills/feats/wahatever he got from his main power.
The devices would have to have been built within a month if you want to do that. How would you be building Photographic Reflexes?
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I could picture speed, senses, and even some leaping being with Photographic Reflexes. But im not sure straight regeneration would work, maybe immunity to damage flavored as his reflexes though. Just my thoughts.
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

See, I thought Photographic Reflexes meant "I can see it and copy it". Not the speed and other things. Yeah, Regeneration would be a hard sell for that.
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Hmm didn't think about only having about a month or so to have built devices...luckily my FLGS had a used copy of the core book fairly cheap so I went ahead and picked it up. Will look through it to refresh my memory on the costs of things and try to get something posted sometime tomorrow or Saturday.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

wulfgar187 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:57 am Hmm didn't think about only having about a month or so to have built devices...luckily my FLGS had a used copy of the core book fairly cheap so I went ahead and picked it up. Will look through it to refresh my memory on the costs of things and try to get something posted sometime tomorrow or Saturday.
Herolab is free if you don't want to save your characters. I did, so I poured my money into it. I eventually bought the (pdf of the) book. What i'm saying is, you don't have to spend money if you don't want :D
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

I might look into it sometime later on today or tomorrow after I get done taking my car in to get some work done on it. Either way as long as I can get something together that I like for a character and background then I'll have it posted up sometime in the next day or two. Of course if this game isn't being run after all then it won't matter but I digress.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I wanted to start this game with four characters at the most. And we don't have four finished characters.
Camus

Post by Camus »

Who's still to finish up the character?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Wild by Hoid. Grim Reaper by venomfang.
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Alright I've got a build put together not sure the numbers and such are correct and I'm still working on a background and fleshing out the complications for the character but here's the build at least.

The Demon
Attributes
Strength 22(+6)
Dexterity 18(+4)
Constitution 22(+6)
Intelligence 18(+4)
Wisdom 18(+4)
Charisma 18(+4)

Skills
Acrobatics 4(+8), Bluff 4(+8), Concentrate 6(+10), Diplomacy 4(+8), Intimidate 8(+12), Knowledge(Arcane Lore) 6(+10), Notice 4(+8), Sense Motive 4(+8)

Feats
Attack Focus(Ranged) 4, Attack Specialization(Strike) 2, Fearless, Fearsome Presence 4, Interpose

Powers
Hellfire Control 12(Power Feats: Split Attack, Dynamic) - 26 points(34 points total)
>>>Dynamic Alternate Power: Create Object 7(Power Feats: Innate, Precise, Stationary, Tether, Extras: Movable) - 2 points
>>>Dynamic Alternate Power: Mental Blast 6 - 2 points
>>>Dynamic Alternate Power: Strike 6(Power Feats: Mighty, Split Attack, Extras: Pentrating) - 2 points
>>>Dynamic Alternate Power: Teleport 7(Powers Feats: Change Direction, Change Velocity, Easy, Turnabout, Extras: Accurate) - 2 points
Protection 4 - 4 points
Super-Movement 1(Wall-crawling) - 2 points
Super-Senses 2(Low-Light Vision, Mystical Awareness) - 2 points
Super-Strength 3 - 6 points

Combat
Attack +4(melee), +8(ranged), +8(strike)
Grapple +17
Damage +6(unarmed), +12(strike)
Defense +8
Knockback -5
Initiative +3

Saves
Toughness +10
Fortitude +8
Reflex +8
Will +8

Drawbacks
Vulnerable(iron weapons; common, major; -4 points)
Weakness(holy items; common, moderate[-1 all checks], every round; -6 points)

Power Points
Attributes 56 + Skills 10 + Feats 12 + Powers 48 + Combat 24 + Saves 10 -Drawbacks 10 = 150

Complications
Secret Identity: Daniel Lopez, a personal fitness trainer.
Relationships: Daniel's girlfriend, Alexis Kaufman and his younger brother Marcus are his two most important people in his life. He is also close with his father Curtis and has a odd relationship with his step-mother Rachel.
Responsibiity: Daniel is personal fitness trainer and part time college student.
Reputation: The police believe he may be responsible for the destruction of a bank and attempted theft of money due to having evidence he was there in some capacity.
Enemy: The super-villain trio of Inferno, Vector and Rekall whom he stopped from not only robbing the bank but also caused Rekall to lose an arm in the ensuing fight.

Bio
Code Name/Real Name: The Demon/Daniel Lopez
Age/Gender: 26/Male
Height/Weight: 6'2"/210 lbs
Hair/Eyes: Black/Blue(Red when using powers)
Background: Daniel was born to Curtis and Maria Lopez, a reporter and flight attendent. His younger brother was born blind in one eyethree years later, and the brothers became very close to each other. When the brothers were both in grade school their mother died in a plane crash and within two years their father began seeing a woman by the name of Rachel Kaufman...whose adoptive daughter Daniel would eventually began dating secretly as well. During his junior year of high school his father and Rachel were married, his brother was also involved in an accident at school falling from the gymnasium bleachers and placed into a coma from his head landing and taking the brunt of the impact.
Over the course of the rest of his time in high school he spent more time at the hospital with his brother than anything hoping and praying he wold come out of his coma. Unfortunately his brother was still comatose when Daniel and Alexis graduated, and missed the reveal of their relationship to their parents...though Daniel had told his comatose brother of it numerous times while he was alone with him in his hospital room. His father while shocked was alright with it knowing that there was nothing keeping them apart legally or morally. Rachel on the other hand wasn't alright thinking that Daniel wouldn't offer much of a future having shown no real drive to further his education or his place in the real world.
Daniel moved into an apartment with one of his friends and spent the next two years going from job to job until he finally got a job at a gym as a personal trainer. Within another year he saved enough money to get his own place and Alexis moved in with him, she even convinced him to enroll in classes at the same college she was attending. His step-mother all the while keeps trying different methods to either break the pair up or simply push them to ensure they're not throwing away their future's. A little over a month ago as he was walking through a museum doing research on a paper he heard a voice and the next thing he knew he awoke in an unknown bedroom with his clothes on the floor. He heard a shower running and quickly got dressed and as he was getting ready to leave the bedroom the door began to open. Without thinking he imagined himself being back in his apartment and the next thing he new he was instantly transported home.
While confused and trying to keep from panicking to much he spent the next few days researching more about what had happened. coming to find out that other people in the city had begun to develop strange powers he took it as a sign that he wasn't going crazy and decided to keep his powers hidden for fear of what others might do to him thinking he might be a freak. The only person he told immediately about his powers was his still comatose brother one day as he was visiting him. On the way home he heard screams and as he looked around he noticed a blast of fire coming from a few blocks down the road. As he moved closer and began pulling out his cell-phone to call the cops he realized a pair of men and a woman without weapons inside through the windows and door. Upon realizing that the bank was being robbed by a trio of people with gifts and noticing the obvious fear on the faces of the people in the bank he decided to turn the tables and help those inside.
After ensuring he wasn't being observed he used his powers and entered the bank, with a decent amount of difficulty he was able to drive off the trio of robbers...though not before they were able to obtain some of the contents of the bank's money. Unfortunately he didn't realize the extent of his power at the time with it being the first true use of it, this resulted in the largest of the two men losing an arm. The police arrived and he teleported out of there before they could question him, in the confusion and the state of mind the victims were in he wasn't identified for certain as a would be robber, but surveillance footage did show him(not his face luckily) using his powers and also entering but not exiting the vault. Since then he has been trying to use his powers, develop and learn to control them more and working on a disguise to help keep himself from jail while also realizing that his family and friends could be put in danger.
Last edited by wulfgar187 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:26 am, edited 3 times in total.
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

Not much wrong here.

Create Object is over 25 points.

Moderate Weakness is -1 checks, attack rolls, and defense. Also it's cumulative. -1 the first round, -2 (-3 in all) the second round, -3 (-6 in all) on the third round, and so on.

Minor quibble, your Toughness/Defense equals up to PL9.
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

Uh yeah I think you're right after looking up the build I have saved on a wordpad on my laptop I added moveable and forgot to adjust the rank. I'll fix it in a minute thanks for pointing it out to me.

As far as the moderate weakness I noticed that, I just put -1 to all checks with the knowledge that a attack and/or defense roll(or check) was just that a check. If I have to list that specifically as what it does then I'll edit my build to do so.

On another note I should have a background and maybe a picture added sometime this evening or tomorrow.
wulfgar187

Post by wulfgar187 »

I've just about got a background I'm happy with put together as well as what complications I'm considering giving The Demon but was wondering a few things about the setting and such.

1) What city, state and such is the game taking place in...as in is it taking place in New York or Miami or even someplace original or from one of the mutants and masterminds books?
2a) Is there a list of known villains and other types of characters we can use for our builds for things like complications and such?
2b) Are there any specific locations, people or events that we should know about or try to include any kind of reference to in our backgrounds?
3) What information do or would/should we know about this organization and maybe it's members?
Miracle

Post by Miracle »

I could have swore I put some answers to these questions in thread, but apparently not.

It won't be city based, it will be regional to national level. You'll be working with a government sanctioned organization. They won't run it, but they'll be supplying you with your funding. Your director, Mr. Johnson, has picked you from a long list of super-powered individuals.

Officially, anyone with a superpower is called a Threat, and is given a threat level. F-level Threats are harmless while A-level Threats are someone you don't deal with, you survive. I see you guys as floating around in the C-grade. The less formal name of Threats are, of course, heroes and villains, depending on how they use their powers. Humanity is split on the whole thing. The general consensus is that if you're not harming anyone, you're good. If you're helping out, that's awesome, don't end up in a morgue.

Mr. Johnson, the one who contacted you about the group, is tall and thick, with cue bald head. He has no eyes, but he covers that up with dark sunglasses. He looks to be in his late forties, early fifties. He always wears a formal black business suit, tie, and shoes, with a white shirt. His voice is deep as you would expect a man of his size would be. His accent registers as Midwestern. Southern without the twang.

His attitude is always serious and professional. He treats the Threats he works with as equals. He wants to earn their trust, not their scorn.