Star Wars (WEG D6) - Some Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Spectrum

Re: Star Wars (WEG D6) - Some Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade

Post by Spectrum »

Very cool. Looking forward to it. Any feedback on builds?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

I'm pumped... in the meantime I forgot to mention that I did update my character sheet, here. I believe I got all the skill dice added and split appropriately, and I'm just using one extra die from the GM.

Let me know if something looks off as I am still not 100% I did it right. I am coming to realize when we played back in the 90s it was mostly freeform :D

Also, anyone reading the new Vader comic series that just came out with issue #2 yesterday... has lots of good Jedi lore in it and looks like more to come... as the historian character I will be sure to read them for research purposes :P
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

quick look, but the maximum plus to an attribute is +2. +3 is equal to another dice so 3d+3 would be 4d
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Thanks, made the change.
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

Again, my apologies for taking so long to get back to you all. My TMJ has been flaring up and it has been a tough week.

The first IC post and encounter using the rules is now up. Ask me what questions you have.

I am a little slow with the character statting and improvements so we will 'make up' the stats as we need to until they are finalized. I hoping this will all be done by this time next week. :D

A question, would you like to improve your characters by Character Points or just by adding dice? And how much do you think should be given as a bonus?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
- Hunter S. Thompson
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

So, before I overreact:

1. How often are the parents allowing Zara to be a free range child? Has anything come of that?

2. How often is Kaiya being criticized by the overly superstitious types?

3. Does Zara have any interest in learning about The Game?

4. How has the Game being going? Has Kaiya achieved any local power?

5. Does the ship actually have space for 4 human sized, 1 human+ sized adults and a child?

6. Are Kaz and Dirk back to mating on a regular and loud basis?
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

In regards to character improvement id say add a 1d6+1 to attributes to distribute as desired. +3d6 to sills, and then 12 CPs to be used as desired,

that seems an equitable spread and appropriate to a one year time frame. where the characters grow amid adventures.

as to Specs questions

Ana would attempt to keep a her on a short leash.

Ana at least wouldn't criticize Kaiya--shes matured since their last meetings-- shed just be a bit more irritatingly cryptic about the force and let kaiya come to her own conclusions. Eventually as she sees it Kaiya will see something with her own eyes and belief will follow on its own.

Ana would attempt to teach Zara little things, small exercises like breathing and focus how to expand her senses and be patient.

And id say kaiya would easily obtain local power of some sort since that's what she does, she makes contacts and influences people. Having a force user with her that can assure things go her way wouldn't hurt her prospects any either.

yes it does standard yt1300 config should easily have space

that's for them to tell 8-)

I am a little surprised at the choice of coruscant to hide on though that's LITERALY in this day and age the empires stronghold even with the senate in disarray. wed be hiding in a hornets nest at that time
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Coruscant is huge and there are some levels where Imperials won't even go, so if it is low enough you won't have any troubles... at least not with the Empire, just with other scum that lives in the dregs. :D

I imagine sharing tales of the Jedi of old to little Zara around bedtime. Can seem to her mother just to be tales to put her to sleep, but I wouldn't necessarily say it was all just fantasy and not actual history. Or I might throw out a line (like the new canon is doing a lot) saying something like, "There is always some truth to legends."

I do think we should have let a year pass to allow the characters to bond.

I imagine my guy getting some odd jobs around the area to help with the bills. :)

With other Force users, or those aware of it or those who believe in it... I may just have thrown out lines to them in the past year about different views of the Force. I would also be very dedicated to protecting our Jedi and youngling as I see them as a great hope for the universe. So protecting them is a priority for me.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

... must resist urge to work on a Whitney Houston- Greatest Love of All/ 'Jedi are our future' mashup.

Must resist!
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

I imagine Zara being pretty strong-willed like her parents. She probably goes where/does what she pleases (to a point) aboard ship. After months or a year, Kaz would either have built enough trust with the others aboard ship to trust them around Zara, or she'd have left.

The status of Dirk and Kaz's relationship is largely dependent on how he reacted to being told Zara is his daughter. I imagine it was a difficult conversation on both ends. There was probably alcohol involved, lol. Kaz is obviously very attracted to him, but Zara's best interests are her primary concern. That doesn't mean she'd have left it he took it badly; she still trusts him. It just would have made her pull away on a personal level.
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

Hi, folks;

As usual, I am sorry for the delay (and grateful for your patience) but glad to be in this next chapter of the game. Let me get to your questions and then an IC reply, I hope.

To reply to Spectrum...

1. How often are the parents allowing Zara to be a free range child? Has anything come of that? I would guess Zara is that kind of inquisitive, bright scamp that may only exist in movies. That is, every now and then able to dodge even the most intense parent's stuffy scrutiny.

2. How often is Kaiya being criticized by the overly superstitious types? You'd have to ask the other PCs.

3. Does Zara have any interest in learning about The Game? As I see her, she is very curious and eager to learn about everything but her attention might wander like most precocious children. MissRo probably has better answers.

4. How has the Game being going? Has Kaiya achieved any local power? Given enough time and credits, Kaiya could run the Empire. :D But I would say under these cramped and rushed circumstances, Kaiya can rule a city block's worth of Coruscant wretches. If she isn't an actual crime lord, she is impressive enough that other crime lords leave her be. In game terms, Kaiya is able to maintain a certain level of comfort and security for her and hers, barring external factors.

5. Does the ship actually have space for 4 human sized, 1 human+ sized adults and a child? A YT-1300 in passenger configuration has the room for all of the characters in one section or another. Given a year to personalize the 'Dawn, I imagine the ship is cozy without being too cramped.

6. Are Kaz and Dirk back to mating on a regular and loud basis? Shh. Keep your text small. Anything more than a kiss makes George Lucas blush (kids are brought from kits on eBay). I will let their respective players answer the question if they wish. There is a joke among aliens, once upon a time there were two humans, now look how many there are! :D

To reply to Catsi...

"In regards to character improvement id say add a 1d6+1 to attributes to distribute as desired. +3d6 to sills, and then 12 CPs to be used as desired" sounds good to me if it sounds good to everyone else. :D

I like your answers to Spectum's questions.

Coruscant is a bit of an indulgence for me. I love the idea of a planet-wide city and underworld. You can assume that the sheer population of the planet (many billions, maybe even a trillion) is too much for even the Emperor to sift through looking for annoying Jedi 'lice' on his planet. I must confess what charmed me was the concept art for the sadly-cancelled 1313 game.

Atreju, a year seems right if everyone else is fine, a nice round number. Zara would certainly listen to her friend's different views on the Force. It seems to big a thing for just one mind or philosophy to encompass.

MissRo, great thoughts on Zara. The girl has been raised well by all of the PCs and she is a very good judge of character. I look forward to Dirk's thoughts on his little miracle.

I will try to get an IC post up this weekend...
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
- Hunter S. Thompson
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

I'm afraid I didn't get to the IC post this weekend. But I will have some spare time in a day or two.

It might be better if we get the characters upgraded first before we continue IC.

Are we all good with Catsi's suggestion of...

"In regards to character improvement id say add a 1d6+1 to attributes to distribute as desired. +3d6 to sills, and then 12 CPs to be used as desired" sounds good to me if it sounds good to everyone else.

...for upgrades? Or would we like some other assignment of Character Points and/or Dice?
- Hunter S. Thompson
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

My apologies, Team. Time is currently against me and I am unexpectedly busy for the next few days. On the plus side, I should be unexpectedly free for several days after that. I hope to catch up then. :D
- Hunter S. Thompson
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

I'd like to hear Corrigon's thoughts before I post.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

His last post was on the 27th :(