Star Wars (WEG D6) - Some Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MissRo

Re: Star Wars (WEG D6) - Some Damn Fool Idealistic Crusade

Post by MissRo »

Spectrum wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 am Do we need to start thinking about character sheets?
I'd say that's a good idea.
Corrigon

Post by Corrigon »

Dirk is already done - unless you are giving out character points :D
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Yeah, Kaz is mostly done as well. Just have to figure out her equipment situation.
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Spectrum wrote: Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 am Do we need to start thinking about character sheets?
I know I do. I'll probably work on mine while I am the passenger on a 3-4 hour drive this weekend. I'll definitely be pinging here if I need any help... but for ease sake I think I'm going to figure out how to mash up a historian and a wookie co-pilot all while fitting within the Anzat stats that are allowed.

Our gameplay is going to take place a year after this prologue,or was it just months?

Should I account for how long my character has been alive and have him higher up in some skills that he would be more proficient at given his age?
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

Folks,

I am unavoidably delayed until Sunday or Monday night. Expect detailed posts then.

Yes, it is just about time to concentrate on character sheets. The exact amount of time that has passed between this prologue and the actual statted game could range from a month to a year depending on what feels right in character growth and relationships. There will be experience and maybe an extra dice or two.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”
- Hunter S. Thompson
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

IC post is up! :D Sorry it took so long.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production.
- Hunter S. Thompson
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Took a crack at the character sheet on Friday but been busy with the holiday so just posting now.
I would like at least one of you experienced players to look over it to ensure I did it right, I am NOT super confident. :)

Thanks, ok here it is:

Name: Ah’trey Uuguk Nistac (goes by Ah’treyuu)
Type: First mate / Armchair Historian
Species: Anzat Gender: Male
Physical Description: To the untrained eye he seemed just like a very tall man with a very large nose. Long grey hair, old man bushy eyebrows, a fuman chu and long gotee. Typically wore the robes of past Temple Orders he served at.
-
Dexterity 2D+1
Electrostaff (STR+3D - MAX 6D), Brawling parry, Dodge +1D, Running +1D, Melee combat +1D, Melee parry +5 (from electrostaff specialization) , Vehicle blasters

Perception 2D
Command, Search, Sneak +1D

Knowledge 4D
Alien species, Intimidation, Planetary systems, Cultures, Languages, Streetwise, Survival, Scholar, Jedi/Force Lore +1D

Strength 5D+1
Brawling, Climbing/jumping, Lifting, Stamina

Mechanical 3D+2
Astrogation, Space transports, Starship shields, Starship gunnery

Technical 3D+2
Droid prgm., Droid repair, First Aid, Space transports repair, Starship weapon repair, Lightsaber Repair/Engineering

-

Special Abilities

Not like his brethren: He is in the one percentile of Anzati that do not feed on the “soup” of others. Because of this he doesn’t get the normal bonuses that his species typically have which is "Anzati Tracking" and "Vampires"… though if he ever began feeding on “soup” those would activate.

Stealthy: Because they must secretly hunt sentient beings, Anzati have grown adept at maintaining their stealth and secrecy. This is reflected in a +1D bonus to their hide and sneak skills.

Long-lived: Anzati are practically immortal, and can live for eons.

-

Equipment:
Electrostaff: Damage: STR+3D (maximum: 6D)
(looked like a walking staff since all but several inches of the ends were encased in Kashyyyk-wood, and of course it could only be set to stun.)

Game Notes: Characters with the melee combat: electrostaff specialization gain a +5 bonus to melee parry rolls. This weapon can parry lightsabers without taking damage.

Background:
Never fed on “soup” so is not a typical Anzat. Early in his life he was accepted by the Jedi, not because he had any Force sensitivity, but because they needed some odd jobs done and this he happily did. He works for centuries side by side with them, doing basic repairs, transporting cargo, sometimes filling in as a guard.

Personality:
Big, friendly, but unless he is helping you with an odd job, or you got him talking about the Force or Jedi history he will pretty much keep to himself. He has a deep love for all living things as they are connected with the Force, and he has a deep respect for that mystery known as the Force.

Objectives:
Rid the galaxy of the Empire and anyone oppressing any living being.

Connection with Characters:
See free-form prologue :P
Last edited by Atreju on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Only things I can see are that hes at 19 Dice in attributes, general starting Attributes are 18 dice

and he doesn't have any skill dice listed.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Atreju

Post by Atreju »

Oh snap, yes, I did up one dice due to the characters age and experience, so will need to get that approved.

You start with 7 skill dice, right? Like I could add a +1 to Electrostaff and have 6 left over, right? I wasn't sure if some of that initial 7 skill dice were just getting other skills.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

yes 7 dice and you can split 1 dice into 3 dice worth of specilizations such as melee parry (knife) etc etc
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

Hey, folks, I will post the last IC post in the freeform prologue in a few days. You don't have to reply before then as your escape is a foregone conclusion this time.

And then we will finalize character sheets and get started on the fully-statted characters and combat (talking around a briefing table is more a Trek thing ;) )

You will be getting some extra dice so A'tteryu is fine.
- Hunter S. Thompson
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Sorry folks, I'm still really struggling with getting into the flow of the game.

Maybe it would be helpful if we as a group came up with some general directions of how the next (time period) will go?

I fully realize that Kaiya isn't a standard character type and it might be better to go ahead and remove her in the time jump. Maybe she makes a better background character than constantly pulling against the rest of the group.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Spectrum wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:32 am At the risk of overcommitting myself, would this character be of interest?

Name: Kaiya Aseidu
Race: Human
Force Sensitive: Yes Tradition: Uncontrolled amateur

DEX 3 KNO 4 MEC 2 PER 4 STR 2 TECH 2
Control 1: Concentration

Skills: (+2 from Disads)
Bargain 1, Bureaucracy 1, Business 1, Command 1, Law Enforcement 1, Persuasion 1, Streetwise 1, Value 1, Willpower 1

Ads (-2): Extraordinary Memory (-1), Noble Birth (-1)
Disads (+4): Argumentative (+1), Extremely Competitive (+1), Skeleton: Force Sensitive (+2)

The Aseidu family, is one of the most wealthy for the local system. Jago, the current patriarch, has been successful but conservative in his dealings more focused on preservation than growth. It was easier that way in the shadow of the Empire. There are seven daughters and no sons. Most of the daughters have been successful enough to marry well or be of minor nuisance. In short, the six oldest are 'useless'. The mother died in the birth of Kaiya. She was not like her older sisters, focused not on the frivolities of youth, but rather watching her father and learning of the ways of business and in the ways in which he failed. Soon, she tried to make business suggestions to her father- not that he would listen. In her early teenage years, she started to become aware of things that normal people didn't notice; the whispers of minds, predictions of things to soon come, the ability to focus on a task and become startling effective. She did not have a name for it but she knew that she needed to keep it hidden, a secret card to play in her own dealings. It would not suit her purposes to be tangled up with the Empire's attentions. Still, she was brave in her dealings, discovering new markets on both sides of the law. She is also far too aware that she is a large fish in a small pond and seeks the pleasure of the hunt elsewhere. Will she find it with this motley crew?
Any mechanical suggestions? Do the ads/disads make sense for the direction of the game?
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

So, what exactly do you need from us, Mutie?
Mutie Scum

Post by Mutie Scum »

Team,

My sincere apologies for being away so long. Real-life has been busy.

On Thursday or Friday night, I will finally have some spare time and this game will be my highest priority. I will start the first IC post using the actual rules and the character improvement rules. I thank you for your patience. :D
- Hunter S. Thompson