The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Tue May 01, 2018 6:59 am

Lindsey

Once inside his suite, the first thing Lindsey does would seem odd to most people...which is, place small knives at strategic points inside the suite. After all, one could never know and even a bread knife could become a deadly weapon in his hands.
It all might not have been enough to kill Angel...but at least it was still of use...

kirinke
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Tue May 01, 2018 11:56 am

Amy

She leaned back and looked thoughtful. "I'm thinking about getting a fire type pokemon next." she said. "Good against most physical undead, and effective against most others except for water, dragon, ground and rock types."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Shannon 26
Sektor Init: 1d20+7 26
Sherlock 23
Kar'Anna 22
Amy 15
Lindsey 11
Rand 11 (Arriving round two)
Goon 1 - 4
Goon 2 - 4
Other Goons ?

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue May 01, 2018 6:03 pm

Rand will scan for radio frequencies in order to spot and bugs or wireless cams in the rooms. He'll stay in his McKay disguise.
"Do you want me to scan that package too?" He offers to their Kobra look-alike, Lindsey.
In this city there are the mysterious caves to the north and was there a bar the Kobra mentioned?
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Jewel
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Jewel » Wed May 02, 2018 3:10 am

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"You sure you haven't lost a few of those?" She says playfully as Amy plays the marbles.

Placing the sword on the floor in front of her, Kar'Anna assumes a meditative stance.

"Have you ever considered focusing within instead of summoning?" She asks as she goes through her warm up excercises. "Your creatures are powerful, as is your connection, but what of your own talents?"

Kar'Anna drops into a trance and starts to meditate on their surroundings looking for 'disturbances in the Force'.

kirinke
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Wed May 02, 2018 11:23 am

AMY

"You mean senses, right?" she considered. "I've never really given it much thought. Mostly I've been focusing on my pokemon and my powers like telikensis." she nodded to her floating marbles. "I still have a problem with the glow when I manipulate a lot of things at once, like now." she smiled a little. "It's both play and practice really, manipulating alot of tiny objects and not crushing them or sending them in directions you don't want isn't as easy as it looks. It helps with fine control. If you remember, when we first met, I had a problem with that." Amy put away her marbles with a sigh from her pokemon and settled in a mirror stance of Kar-Anna.

"I'll learn if you'll teach me." she said.



ooc
Amy is still very much learning how to control her powers as well as learning the limits of them. The marbles gag is actually her way of practicing precise control and manipulation.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Shannon 26
Sektor Init: 1d20+7 26
Sherlock 23
Kar'Anna 22
Amy 15
Lindsey 11
Rand 11 (Arriving round two)
Goon 1 - 4
Goon 2 - 4
Other Goons ?

Neo-Paladin
Posts: 415
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:48 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Neo-Paladin » Thu May 03, 2018 4:50 pm

Lindsey

Lindsey nods, holding up the package for her to scan - just to be sure.

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Thu May 03, 2018 8:19 pm

Rand will scan for any frequencies coming from the package. Sure it's no guarantee the thing won't blow up when opened but it was better than nothing. If it's clear of radio signals Rand will give the all clear and ask the mage if he'd rather that the armored Mandalorian open the potential bomb.
"Something pithy this way comes."

kirinke
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Sat May 05, 2018 1:48 am

AMY

As she sank deeper into the trance-like state she had learned from her first master, the old Alakazam that had initiated her into the psychic arts, she began to sense something all around her. The low level hum she had always felt, but never really gave much thought to, revealed itself to her.

For her, it was like swimming in the ocean for the first time. The water was cool and warm at the same time, the salt tang in the air, the power of the waves pulling and tugging at her, the wet sand beneath her feet. The feeling of danger, the thrill of it. That was her initial impression. For a moment she felt panic, she felt like she was drowning. Then she realized she was floating, the power swirling around her, through her.

She calmed down as she felt her friends, could see them glowing with power and looked at her own hands. They too, glowed with power and life. She laughed, of course. They would glow. All of them had their own kind of abilities. Maybe there was a way to tell what sort everyone had? She shook her head.

"You are glowing." she said in a strange sort of detached surprise. "Different colors and intensities, it's freaky,"

ooc
PP 12 Power Stunting Aura Reading: Senses 11 (Awareness: Psychic, Detect: Mood 2: ranged, Detect: Physical Condition 2: ranged, Detect: Force 2: ranged, Detect: Powers 2: ranged, Detect: Life 2: ranged) Linked Enhanced Trait Trance

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=203963 perception 25 (using a LP to reroll)
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=203977 insight 23
Last edited by kirinke on Sat May 05, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Shannon 26
Sektor Init: 1d20+7 26
Sherlock 23
Kar'Anna 22
Amy 15
Lindsey 11
Rand 11 (Arriving round two)
Goon 1 - 4
Goon 2 - 4
Other Goons ?

User avatar
Jewel
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:12 am

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Jewel » Sat May 05, 2018 4:15 am

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"No, I meant marbles." Kar'Anna says seriously as she mentally plucks a marble from the air and practices throwing it against the wall and calling it back just before it would strike a surface.

"You're crazy by the way. Not in an insane psychopath or batshit nutjob kinda way. Just bonkers if you think learning from me is a good idea." She gestures to the sword and herself. "Sith Sword, Drow, You don't think I lean towards the Dark Side?"

She focuses on her task at hand, trying to reach out to sense force users or determine who or what is around Lindsey's room, where everyone seems to have congregated.

kirinke
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Sat May 05, 2018 1:27 pm

AMY

The girl chuckled. "Race, powers and the source of power don't make you evil Kar-Anna. Actions and how you use those powers makes you good or evil." she said as she focused on the colors, trying to figure out what they meant. "The choices you make determines how you fall or rise." she smiled at the elf. "At least that's what my first master taught me and he makes Steven Hawking look like an idiot."

She said and nodded to her Umbreon. "I partner with dark pokemon myself. I mean, she literally sucks the life-energy out of things and she isn't evil in the least." she wagged her finger.

"So yeah there is a difference between dark and evil. Dark powers aren't nicey nice like light powers and even then, light powers can kill just as good as dark powers can. I mean the dead doesn't care if you kill it with lightning or introducing it repeatedly to the ground. Dead is dead."

She said by way of explanation. "Now on the other side of the coin, if you use your light powers to kill an innocent kid or bystander for no reason, that's pretty evil. If you use your 'dark' powers to heal a somebody just because you can, that isn't evil." she explained. "It's all about choice."

Amy grinned. "I was also taught that in any teacher-student relationship, the learning part goes both ways." she nodded to the sword. "I always kinda knew you leaned towards the dark and you know I don't care much about it. You've never taken advantage of me in any way shape or form and I'd think I'd know it if you tried to." she chuckled to herself.

"If it helps, I'll also learn from light-sided jedi, if we run across any that aren't complete idiots as well to keep things in perspective." she grinned. "I mean really, don't put the kid who just came out of slavery into intensive therapy? Then leaving his mom in that situation? Then saddling him with an inexperienced, traumatized and newly minted Knight, with no clue on how to raise and train a child that hadn't had classic Jedi training from birth. What were they thinking?!" she said referencing the Star Wars prequel trilogy. "That's not even the tip of the ice berg on the screw ups they committed due to their own stupid arrogance and hubris."

"At least I'm smart enough to take advantage of the stuff Atlantis was offering before we left. That included counseling." she said in exasperation. "So not bonkers. Just smart enough to know when to ask for help when it's obvious I need it."

She looked thoughtful. "If you want, I can show you how I do things as well. You know I was taught a different way than classic force-users and in my opinion it's a bit more balanced and reasonable than sith or jedi philosophy and practices." she held out her arm, looking at the rainbow of colors they sported. "And you can teach me what these colors mean." she said.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Shannon 26
Sektor Init: 1d20+7 26
Sherlock 23
Kar'Anna 22
Amy 15
Lindsey 11
Rand 11 (Arriving round two)
Goon 1 - 4
Goon 2 - 4
Other Goons ?

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Tue May 08, 2018 2:16 am

The package does not resonate as explosive, well, there are no primers or any imminent threats that can be detected. No electronics, no tech at all. Judging by the weight and accounting for the box, the whole thing weighs less than a half pound at most.

If/ when you finally do open the box, it contains three crystals, each about the thickness of a Crayola marker and half the length of a standard pencil. One is a deep purple, one is red and the final is blue. The red one is the smoothest and most symmetrical on all sides. The Dark Purple fairly shakes and seems to try and leap towards Kar'anna while the blue one is simply there. They all glow slightly from within.
Yes to Rand's statement; The El Rey is near the northern most tip of the city. The city's name is Naica, in Chihuahua Mexico. No, I did not make that up. There is also a Best Western there, although I've severely upgraded it's accommodations.
Those scanning for suspicious activity outside the room notice that room service have gone down the hall to various rooms several times and housekeeping are in the hallways. There are too many carts to account for efficient use of staff to potential guests needing rooms cleaned (especially at this hour). There are a couple of guys chatting on the balcony below and to the left of Lindsey's room.

There are no bugs that you can locate in the room and no cameras.

Kar'Anna and Amy - please post Will Saves.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

kirinke
Posts: 1095
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:28 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke » Tue May 08, 2018 3:42 am

AMY

The girl was still trying to figure out what the glow meant when she felt something tickle her mind in a not so pleasant way. She brought up her own mental defenses as fast as she could and calmed her mind in the way her old master had taught her.

In her own mind's eye, her mind palace and fortress was a simple house, not much more than a bedroom, living room and kitchen. Everything was placed exactly where she wanted it to be in a way that was right for her. It was a place of comfort without indolence, simple and deceptively sturdy. She had everything she needed here and did not care to clutter it up with silly things.

She saw the dark-shape try to slither through her door and she shut it and locked it firmly down, then followed with the windows and other entrances.

"No, you're not welcome in here. I do not appreciate being taken over, who are you?" she mentally told the dark figure trying her defenses. "You won't get in." she said far too calmly.

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=204256 will save 22 (16+6)
I think with her previous scores on her perception/insight she'd sense something trying to poke around her head. Also kinda trying to visualize what the Buddhist Eight Fold path would mean to a fourteen year old kid.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Shannon 26
Sektor Init: 1d20+7 26
Sherlock 23
Kar'Anna 22
Amy 15
Lindsey 11
Rand 11 (Arriving round two)
Goon 1 - 4
Goon 2 - 4
Other Goons ?

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue May 08, 2018 5:40 am

Rand picks up the Blue Crystal in his gloved hand and brings it closer to his Helmet's visor to look for an access port. He knew crystals like these were sometimes used as holocrons.
"Something pithy this way comes."

User avatar
Bladewind
Posts: 1472
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:26 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind » Tue May 08, 2018 7:55 pm

No ports - this is just a crystal, not a holocron.
Enigmatic One wrote:Note to self, get Bruce and his Bat-force to take this one.
Earth 218 - JLA Academy Setting
The Merge Setting document
The Merge: Character List

Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds

Flynnarrel
Posts: 1604
Joined: Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:23 pm

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel » Tue May 08, 2018 9:08 pm

Randin Al'thir

He'd always wanted to determine the properties of Kyber crystals and see how they might be able to modify his systems.

"So the red is artificial right? That's why it's so uniform? The blue and the purple seem more natural. The purple seems to be.... vibrating like a restless pet." Rand looks over at Kar'Anna. He'd been ignoring the conversation of the women for the most part but now calls them over. "It seems to want to 'heel' to you." he says to the dark skinned woman.

Shannon and Sherlock were on look-out duty. Rand-McKay places his hand to the side of his head as he listens to her report on the activity in the hall.

"Hold up." he says in a sharp whisper. "Suspicious activity in the halls. Too many service workers for the level of maintenance required at this facility." he summarizes. "We've been seen with the case so we should probably split up the contents. I'd propose Lindsey put the red one in a pocket, Kar'Anna take the purple one, I'll store the blue, Amy take the case. You have the most surprises for anyone trying to take it." he says as a nod to her abilities.

"We should probably get out of here. Anna, the other guy said he could 'travel the Dark Paths'. Can you? If so, can you get others out that way?"
"Something pithy this way comes."

Post Reply