The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl recalls her marbles and puts them in her pocket, while leaning back and watching the proceedings. She nodded a greeting to the young woman. "Hello." she said, acting as if nothing important had happened. The woman was probably the most dangerous of the three, followed by The Baron. Kano was just hired cannon fodder, she decided. Something to dangle at the attackers while they either snuck behind them and slipped them a shiv in their backs or a garrot across their throats. That or simply slipped away entirely.

She looked at the man. Given normal circumstances, Kano could be dangerous and a migraine by himself. She smiled inwardly. Psychic vs fighting types. Psychic had the advantage. Although type advantage wasn't always enough. You had to be strong and smart enough to use it.

ooc
What that be Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat? Or somebody else genderized?
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S

Shannon did her best to determine the capabilities of the weapon with the little time she had. Generally she wasn't impressed by handheld energy weapons. Flashy, but a pulser did more damage against most things and had more combat endurance. But that didn't always hold true in the merged universe.

"What's the energy output for this? And the most effective way of armoring to protect from it?"
She said, more to distract them while she was mentally picking the device apart than to get an answer.
Investigation +22; Technology +25 (Skill mastery in both)
Sherlock tried to read the mind-glow of the new person in the room.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand
Condition: -1 Toughnes, Dazed (one round)
HP: 2 - LP: 0
Bladewind wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:52 pm
In the Arena:

Vega just dances out of the way, clearly whatever tactic Rand was trying to make her think he was up to was not impressing her. As he rose towards the top of the cage, he realized it was lower than he expected, even if it did put him out of range of the leaping ability of any normal human by a far stretch.

Watching Vega's movements, Rand fails to see the energy roll of the cage. His systems arc with blue energy and falls to the ground !

Dodge: 1d20+14 16
Rand: Toughness DC 16, and take a HP for losing your flight pack for two rounds.(The rest of this round, and next round to reboot.)

Stupid, stupid, stupid!
Rand mentally admonishes himself.

Rand hits hard with a roll to standing position but tweaks his shoulder and has to take a moment to get his balance.
Toughness: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

-1 Toughness, Dazed (one round)
Knowing the melee fighter would take advantage of the folly, Rand's vibrobalde extends and he drops into a defensive position.
Defense action.
Vibro-Wrist blades; Str-based Damage 4, Accurate 2, linked Weaken Toughness, Affects Objects 6, Weapon Break
"Something pithy this way comes."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Oops
Last edited by StarGuard on Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Lindsey eyes the weapon. Futuristic tech wasn't exactly his specialty - as the efforts of the Initiative in Sunnydale had shown, high-tech and occultism did not mix well - at least where he was from.
" Hello", he says to the woman as she enters, immediately wary. As usual, it was not the thugs like Kano that had to be watched...it was always the quiet ones, the ones who could actually afford to present a dignified, even demure facade.
Those were the really vicious and dangerous ones.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

StarGuard wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:28 pm "My own blades are infused with the arcane energies I wield. It is my understanding a similar yet different synergy exist with force-users and the weapons they wield."[/color]
"Correct." The man nods, "But I am actually interested in one of its more mundane characteristics.

"A lightsaber, with the proper crystal in its chamber can cut through virtually anything with relative ease."

If Kal'annar turns the blade on, it is green.

"The issue is that sabers are easily constructed. Crystals not so easily found or created. The materials do not exist - or have not been discovered - in this system to properly forge a pure red crystal capable of maintaining a blade. As for other colors, we had thought that they were likewise unavailable.

"But, why am I telling you this?"

Lionmane produces a small circular device and pushes a button. Placing it on the table, an image appears in the air above the device. A series of videos and still pictures of Kal'annar on his forays in the galaxy appear.

"I had hoped you find your way here." He says, altogether too amiably.

Meanwhile, Rand`s vibroblades extend and he regains his footing. He looks up just in time to see Vega in a very relaxed stance. She raises the hand without the claws, and waves.

The ground beneath Rand gives out, and he finds himself sliding down a chute. Thankfully his helmet blocks what he presumes the stench of the massive cave must be. The cave is easily twice as high as the cage, and far larger in terms of width and length. He has a sinking feeling where this is going. His HUD indicates that his jetpack and all other affected systems have come back on line - just as a barricade slams down to seal off the chute.

Kano pauses in his examination of the weapon and positively guffaws at Rand`s predicament.

Shannon realizes that the mechanism and firing chamber are far more like another weapon that she saw once or twice since crossing over - a lightsaber. Although not in a situation where opening the chamber is possible, its entirely likely that the weapon uses a Kyber Crystal or Energon.

"I am Ming Tsung." The woman says to you, answering the non-verbalized question. "The Black Dragon will benefit not from this weapon, but from the source of its power. In effect, it is not truly possible to defend against it.

"But, Kobra, you have us at a disadvantage. Who are your new companions?"

OOC - no, this is not Shang Tsung. It`s a semi OC character I created awhile back for another game, his daughter as it were.

Sherlock gets a sense that the woman in front of him has far more in common with the humans he's used to than the mayfly humans of this world. She seems old. He gets no malevolence as such, just vast experience and complexity.
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand scrambled as he fell, the blade at the wrong angle to find purchase against the slick chute.

He switched his helmet's scanners to infrared and looked around for heat signatures to see if he were alone down here. He wanted to blow that grate barring the chute immediately, but he didn't want to be blind-sided doing it.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Name's Amy." she grinned easily at the woman. "Psychic pokemon trainer." she said leaning back in her chair. "So why do you need the source and what is it? My guardian here was rather light on the details."
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:26 pm Rand scrambled as he fell, the blade at the wrong angle to find purchase against the slick chute.

He switched his helmet's scanners to infrared and looked around for heat signatures to see if he were alone down here. He wanted to blow that grate barring the chute immediately, but he didn't want to be blind-sided doing it.
There are a number of small heat signatures, suggesting rodents and the like. Some areas play darker, as in colder, than others. Only one area, deep in shadow, has a consistent solidness to his infrared vision. The low thermal output is oddly uniform for a rock wall. No vagaries, and almost perfectly rectangular from floor to ceiling.
kirinke wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:52 am "Name's Amy." she grinned easily at the woman. "Psychic pokemon trainer." she said leaning back in her chair. "So why do you need the source and what is it? My guardian here was rather light on the details."
"Intriguing, Amy." Tsung says,"But tell me, Kobra, you prefer to work alone. You have always insisted on it. Even when I offered you the accompaniment of my Edenian/Tarkatan servitors. And you always decline. Why now the change of heart, and you've taken the time to assume guardianship of this young one?"
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal'annar
HP:
2 LP: 1

His survival instinct on a razor's edge, Kal'annar forced the Darkness to rise within him. The Darkness ... It calmed him, a source of his people's spiritual and arcane strength. "Yes ... I was traveling with V'aryn Ul'Drasa then .... mostly." The venom, calm, embraced like a longtime lover, clear in his voice as he remembered the subservient position he had held to the Dark Eldar upon first entering the Merge. "You say we. Am I to guess you and others have need of an expedition to say collect the red crystal ... so that they may be put to a more appropriate use."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"One does not collect Red Crystals, as I mentioned.

"But, essentially, yes."

He taps the holo emitter again. An image of an Earth handgun appears.

"There is a group producing these. They have somehow acquired Kyber crystals. We want the source." Lionmane pauses.

"Yes. I said we. As you so aptly identified me, I am an Imperial. My Emperor has decreed my mission. My methods are mine to choose."

Unlatching the case, he spins it towards you. Inside is one of the most ornate blades you have ever seen. The case befits a weapon of its quality. It does not radiate any form of magic but there is an aura about it.

"A gift. Should you encounter Jedi, or these weapons."

He gestures to the image in the air.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

A doorway. Rand thought. With a warm chamber beyond.

He suddenly had a suspicion that he didn't want to be here when that door opened.

He turned back to the barred chute and tried to shear through it with the vibroblade. The weapon was superior to all but one of the near-mythic Jedi's Lightsabers when it came to penetrating material.
Vibroblade: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
I think that's what I needed to make it a crit.
DC16 Fort vs. Weaken Toughness (affects Objects), DC21 Toughness, not sure which (or both) gain the +5 DC]
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal'annar
HP:
2 LP: 1
Condition: Suspicious, so normal.

Kal'annar looks sceptically it the blade before him. "Hmm . . . a pretty weapon. I sense an aura about it which I am unfamiliar with. It does not engender a certain level of trust Imperial. Like your Jedi, I tend to prefer a weapon made by my own hands with my own energies."

"I will look for the source of these Kyber Crystals your emperor wishes found but I'll need two things to start. First, is a similar crystal, so I may track them down. Second ... upon delivery of this information I will require a Goa'uld portable DHD.

Let us see how much this "emperor" wishes to find the source of the red crystals. If these Jedi are as rumor suggest, the Goa'uld should be a minor inconvenience.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

He smiled. " Well, she is far more reliable than some of your...minions, for one. Second, as a Pokemon trainer, she offers versatility. Even I can change my mind when I am presented with the right choices."
Bladewind, quick into...I mentioned it in some other thread...Lightsaber Crystals - or materials that work like them - have been synthesized by Stark. Unfortunately, producing them costs a lot of money and energy...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"You may keep the lightsaber and analyze is at your discretion. The sword is proof against the energies of a kyber crystal, and as such might be a good substitute so as to not ruin your own equipment.

"Interestingly enough, the one example of a Cybertronian that I dispatched had a crystal in its chest. I believe they refer to it as Energon."

He ponders when you ask for a Go'a'uld DHD.

"The pedestal device? Or something else? Either way, I believe that can be arranged." He seems pleased that you seem to a foe of the Go'a'uld.

Just to be clear - he`s looking for a source of crystals. Period. Red crystals are manufactured, and he is looking for a means to create a forge. Finding crystals at the moment is more efficient, regardless of color.