The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind »

Athens gestures for a drink and moves to a table, the type that you'd need a bar stool to sit if you were so inclined but could also stand at if you wanted.

"Far less than I expect you imagine." His smile now is actually somewhat charming and pleasant. He gestures for drinks. "There are a number of people that come here to do business. Some illegal as defined by the so-called law of the land. Other business is completely normal.

"For instance, there is a group in Asia that has a man that does business through here. Everyone assumes he is pure evil, a real demon. But, he simply uses his resources to transport medicine and relief supplies around the world. Noble. Not very profitable long term, but it does build networks that can be altered fairly easily.

"Myself, I represent Aurora Flight Sciences." He offers a business card. "Much of my presence here is for show, and gives me access to potential clients."

OOC - Please roll two Perception Checks. One of these will be a resisted roll. (You can substitute appropriate lie detection abilities or the like for one of the rolls.)

"Oh please." Noguchi mutters as she rolls her eyes.

By this point, Rand would have been able to Google Little Knife using the name Machiko Noguchi. You guys have common ground with her in that you've fougth Yuatja. You would also know that the reference to her hunting bugs was regarding Aliens... by his tone, you got the impression she hasn't had to fight any in a while. Thankfully.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand nods as he listens, keeping his eyes sharp.

Empathic senses to detect lie: 1d20+10 28 if not something for insight just use as Perception (same bonus)
and
Perception: 1d20+10 28
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Myself, I represent Aurora Flight Sciences." He offers a business card. "Much of my presence here is for show, and gives me access to potential clients."
"My old teacher said power is best when it is not seen, felt or heard or scented on the wind." she offered and laughed a little. "That's still a lesson I'm learning."

"He could have also meant for you to shut up. You were being a bit like a Skitty with a shiny ball that day."
Peekaboo noted dryly.

Amy chose to ignore that last comment.

ooc
Amy perception 13 http://orokos.com/roll/706962, 14 perception http://orokos.com/roll/707309
Alma perception 15 http://orokos.com/roll/706965, 13 perception http://orokos.com/roll/707311
Peekaboo perception 8 http://orokos.com/roll/706963, 14 perception http://orokos.com/roll/707310
Ren perception 20 http://orokos.com/roll/706966, 13 perception http://orokos.com/roll/707312
Last edited by kirinke on Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:33 am, edited 8 times in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Lindsey's Perception: http://orokos.com/roll/707800 //18
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Rand easily determines that the Aeronautics company is a real company, and was around pre-Merge. Looking up known execs, there is a reference to a recent appointment to the board of directors of a man name Charles Mayfield, who bears a striking resemblance to Oded Fehr. He brought new ideas and rumoured alien (read: Merge) tech to the company, making them a player in the post-Merge world.

Rand puts something together... and although the race may not mean anything to him, the fiction on his deduction gives him a bad feeling.

The man is currently genuine though, not really interested in making new enemies, perhaps slightly interested in acquiring new assets...

Athens looks at Amy and smiles, not quite condescending but definitely patronizing. Ren is the only one of Amy's entourage to get a sense that there is a dual presence to the man, but

Lindsey puts together, just as Rand has, that you're dealing with a Go'A'Uld. He doesn't quite get the same detail as the Mandalorian - that this is a male version of the minor Go'a'uld Athena, with a male aspect instead of female. Right down to the human persona of Charles Mayfield versus Charlotte Mayfield. You can only guess at what tech he brought to Aurora Flight Sciences...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal (?)
HP: 1

"Here the man out." Kar'Anna says to Noguchi.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Noguchi nods, although she snorts with derision at the comment.

Rand feels "power" behind the Dark Elf's statement.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Athens looks at Amy and smiles, not quite condescending but definitely patronizing. Ren is the only one of Amy's entourage to get a sense that there is a dual presence to the man, but
Ren looks hard at the man. "He feels like a Slowking." he warned Amy. "Be very careful."

Amy nodded. She felt like she was swimming in a pool of Sharpedo and this one felt hungry indeed. "So what would you want us to do if we signed on the dotted line so to speak and what are you offering in return?" she asked curiously. "Each of our party brings something unique to the table that you probably would have a hard time finding elsewhere for a reasonable price." she noted with a decisive air of one who knew exactly what she brought to the proverbial table and how much it was worth.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand's hidden eyes flicker over the information from his search results while still trying to follow all that's going on in the room.

The icy wave of dark power from their drow companion was disconcerting. Did she just Compel the Alien hunter? That raised Rand's hackles.

With an electronic command, IC-3, the exploring bot whom Rand hadn't had time to reintegrate the parts of into his armor, and so far remaining out of the way will tap the dark cat pokemon. It's display screen will read: DROW'S POWER BEHAVING SUSPICIOUSLY. MAY INDICATE COMPROMISE. WATCH HER. BE READY FOR DECEPTION. SPREAD THE WORD QUIETLY.

He understands the rankle coming off Amy at being talked down to. It even fit the current fiction they were weaving. He adds his own to the conversation. "And does it have something to do with crystals, those seem to be where all the buzz is around here?"
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I have been watching her, there's no telling what happened to her before we got here or what they put in her head, so I've been ready for something to break. I'll tell the others. Privately." Amy told him grimly when Alma relayed what the bot said and then told the others (except Kar-Anna). "I hate it when my friends get screwed with," she added emphatically. Whatever the reason for the deception, you can tell Amy puts the blame squarely on the sith and not on her friend. But you can also tell, she's ready to act if needs be, regardless of who she blames.

He understands the rankle coming off Amy at being talked down to. It even fit the current fiction they were weaving. He adds his own to the conversation. "And does it have something to do with crystals, those seem to be where all the buzz is around here?"
"And if you know where they are, why haven't you cleaned them out?" she asked casually. "I assume it's not for a lack of equipment, power or bodies to help pull the things out. So it has to be something more to it." she noted. "So your problems have to be monster or ghost related." she grimaced. "I hate ghosts. Damn things can go through walls, snipe you in the back, fade away, possess you or anything around you and depending on the type of ghost you're dealing with, they can have different strengths and weaknesses. When they swarm, it can be a literal nightmare." she said, listing the various ways the spectral nuisances can ruin one's day.

She shook her head. "Sorry. I've just had a number of really bad experiences with ghosts. They're nothing to laugh at." she shuddered. "Gengar, Haunter and Ghastly swarm in a toy store. I still have nightmares about that one."

ooc
Yeah, Amy's under no illusions here.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Athens gestures to one of the other doors as you speak, clearly amused and intrigued by your questions. He refuses to say much else unless you follow, talking in circles and giving non answers to the queries.

Assuming you do follow (interestingly, he doesn't walk off unless you accompany him), his guards remain outside to guard the room and you find yourselves in a suite much like the one you observed Kar-Anna interacting with the red-skinned Twi-Lek. In the relative privacy of the suite, he walks over to the private bar and pours himself a drink.

"Persistent. I'll give you that." He says with a smile, you could swear his eyes glow for a second. "You are correct, Young One. It's not for lack of equipment. It's something of a stalemate. Too many players want to get down there. Plus, unpleasant conditions. The latter is not so much a deterrent as an expense though...

"Yes. The crystals are of interest to a great many parties - yourselves included I understand. Being Mandalorian, I imagine you have the greatest real knowledge of their capability. But they are so much more in this new Merged reality. And thus much more valuable. It's my intention to control or destroy them.

"And this is why I would hire you. My guard are loyal and not without some level of power, but like in your television series, they are... limited. I need power, yes, but also finesse.

"Kar-Anna here, has volunteered to assist me already. And should things go as planned, I may even have a role for her as my Queen."

His smile is... unpleasant.

"You bastard." Nogochi says. "What did you... no... You didn't..."

OOC - The Athens angle was originally written/ devised with Kallenar in mind. Kar-Anna took much of his concept and created a female counterpart to his character, both of us hoping that Starguard would come back to the game... That's some 'metagame' info to keep in mind...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"You do realize if there is the merest hint that it's not consensual, I'll do my level best to rip you apart and feed you to my pokemon." she said mildly as if discussing the weather. "I'm a healer, so I can make your end last a very long time indeed." underneath that is a cold, controlled rage.

Alma looked at him thoughtfully. "I wonder what G'aould taste like? Hopefully not like Magicarp."

"Relax everyone. I'm not going to loose it. I know how to handle my emotions without going all Vader on everyone." she reassured everyone.

ooc
Remember, Amy does probably know Kar-Anna's mind-voice very well. Would she sense anything different about her friend?
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Amy - Give me a perception check, and a Will check. First roll is resisted (DC - DC 28) second is a DC of 16

Amy - take a HP at the same time (I rerolled the first DC....)
Last edited by Bladewind on Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Is it okay to have her mindshield up? After a threat like that I'd think he'd want to mentally slap her.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

OOC - No prob. Does not change the DCs.
Amy's response, however overtly threatening it might be, garners little more than a sardonic smile and a raised eyebrow. Apparently, Athens is supremely confident in his standing at the moment. Either that or immensely over-confident.