The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I'd say it's a pleasure to meet you, but not under these circumstances." Amy said almost jokingly.

ooc
The pokemon aren't speaking English. They're speaking pokemon, so unless you have comprehend or have mind-reading, you won't be able to understand them...
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Bruised
HP: 3 - LP: 3

Niisha regarded the girl Amy. She spoke with the confidence of youth, but there was a maturity about her that went beyond her apparent years. Niisha wondered if it was simply her nature, or if there were experiences that had forced her into self-sufficiency at such an early age.

"Never let circumstances get in the way of your pleasure, child." She smirked. "I hope we get a chance to make better acquaintances at a more appropriate time."

OOC: Niisha has Comprehend Languages 3.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl chuckled as she finished up healing the new guy. "My idea of a good time is delving into really dangerous dungeons and caves in search of treasure, pokemon and adventure and smacking bad guys between the eyes and telling them 'no' you can't flood an entire town with a dungeons and dragons artifact if they don't want to elect you mayor." she grinned.

"You'd be surprised at how many there are out there now because of the merge thing. Up in Alaska and in some of the less populated areas, being a dex holder is a bit like being a US Marshal, mainly because we're the only ones in the general area powerful enough and crazy enough to take on monsters and wizards and things that want to rip your face off and eat you."

"You barely dodged his hex if I remember correctly." Alma said with a laugh. "I mean really, what sane being, wizard or no, has skeletons for company? That's just wrong on so many levels."

"You're telling me. Mostly with the monsters, it's just a case of convincing them not to attack humans and livestock and no, those weird metallic things called power generators aren't food. Then chivving them away from settlements or convincing them to stick around and protect the townies in exchange for food and shelter." Amy revealed as she moved over to the lovely felinoid lady and began healing her of whatever damages she may have suffered from the fall.

ooc
Didn't see that, just wanted to remind people though. Oh and I think she's healed or is in the process of healing everyone who needs it.
Heal check Niisha: 22 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149896
Heal check Lindsey: 21 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149897
Popular Culture to identify Lindsey: 11 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149898

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Shannon
Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 pm Rand
"I'll assume boondoggle refers to the sitch we're in now. If I'm right, we're facing a race known as The Predators. Don't know how many there are. Don't know if this is a veteran hunt or a training for younglings. Though a Bothan diplomat, a non-tac officer, and a psychic pokemon trainer not much beyond youngling herself, would not be a very honorable hunt for a veteran Predator. As fer myself, there are more skilled warriors than I that'd be better sport fer the likes o' them. Not that I give our odds all that great, regardless."

" Does anyone here have any idea how we got here?"

"The last thing I remember before falling without a contra-grav unit into a jungle, I was at a reception for the Manticoran delegation in DC before we got on to the work of figuring out what we could about our neighbors friendly and unfriendly, who might want to work with us against unfriendly neighbors, and what was safe to buy and sell from who. Which at least means they didn't snatch me out of a heavy cruiser in orbit."

"I suspect word of the battle at Trevor's Star has gotten around by now. I wonder if whoever grabbed me was reacting to that."
About two weeks after the Merge, a task force of Imperial Star Destroyers attacked the Manticoran fleet defending Trevor's Star. The Empire didn't know what a Manticoran Missile Massacre was. They do now. Rand has probably heard of this. "Though the nature of my work means that I know a lot more about our enemies' -- and potential enemies' -- hardware than our own, so grabbing me for intel wouldn't be the greatest idea, even ignoring Sherlock."

<<And I'm not very ignorable>>
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I'm planning it to be just an up&down, but if the fuzzball wants to come." Rand shrugs a shoulder. "As long as he keeps in mind he'll be near 5 stanglac* units o' rocket fuel before he gets all sparky-like."

He gives another look at the rain-soaked cat-woman in the... clingy outfit, glad for the helmet concealing his glances. Focus, Rand. he chides himself.

"Right then." he says as a shield unfolds itself from the brace on his arm. He uses the straps from the parachute harness for a makeshift sling for the pokemon.

Once the creature's secured he takes to the air.

* standard galactic
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Dunno what that means exactly, but I'm guessing, it's not good to unleash a Thunder attack around you." Peekaboo quipped as it clambered up and got settled. "Mind the cheeks pal, they're full of electricity."

Amy looked up. "Don't touch his cheeks or you'll get shocked."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand just shakes his head, his expression hidden. "Still, I guess he's better'n an Ewok."

And he takes off upwards.

Rand will get above the tree line and look around.

Sun? What color/size?
Visible moons? How Many?
Other clearings of note?
Water sources?
Cities, buildings, or any other signs of civilization?
Signs of craft on land, sea, sky, or space?
Any projectiles or beams coming at him at high velocity?
Any triangle of red lights indicating a targeting locked on to him?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

Peekaboo peered out over the makeshift carry sack he was in, nose in the wind and ears swiveling this way and that. In addition to all that Rand was looking for, he was also trying to sniff out any unusual scents or sounds that might indicate hidden dangers, hidden sources of water etc that the human couldn't see or sense.

ooc
Sense: hearing, Darkvision, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Extended: hearing 1: x10, Extended: sight 1: x10, Extended: smell 1: x10, Ultra-hearing)
Perception 18: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149924

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:01 am Rand will get above the tree line and look around.

Sun? What color/size?
Visible moons? How Many?
Other clearings of note?
Water sources?
Cities, buildings, or any other signs of civilization?
Signs of craft on land, sea, sky, or space?
Any projectiles or beams coming at him at high velocity?
Any triangle of red lights indicating a targeting locked on to him?
I will make a proper post this evening, but I can definitely answer this:

:!: Can`t see it - cloud cover. Worth noting that the could cover, while dumping rain is thin enough for you to see the disk of what is probably the sun.
:!: Not enough light to determine color.
:!: None visible
:!: Forest/ Jungle extends for miles. Does thin out in several spots, but no major clearings
:!: Couple of cracks in the canopy that suggest a possible river running through.
:!: Overgrown ziggurat several miles thataway
:!: No.
:!: No. Not yet at least. ;)
:!: Not that he can see

Also, since you don`t seem to be bringing in any extra people beyond mentioning them, so far anyone else out there is forming their own little unit...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal'annar
HP: 2 ; Condition: Paranoid ... so Normal

The landing, embarrassingly ungraceful Kal'annar immediately rolls up using a small dagger to slice the thing strapped to his chest. Frustrated with how the cords and cloth seemed to have trapped him in a Giant Spider's web, Kal' carefully gathered the longest lengths of cord and pieces of the cloth. He couldn't remember seeing a town as he fell from the sky and this might be the only dungeon gear he would have available for a while. Burying what he couldn't make useful Kal' climbed the tallest foliage nearby. There was the roar from afar. "Dragons? No, the sound wasn't quite right, but it was definite a reptile of some kind. His thoughts of Giant Spiders and Dragons was interrupted when suddenly the smell of the eldritch assaulted his senses.

Magic? Someone cast a spell. The type was not of the Drow but vaguely familiar. Who could it be?

Staying to the shadows, Kal'annar carefully slipped through the forest, the dark skies and omnipresent canopy above creating a twilight under the dim lightning struck sky. Sinking deeply into the shadows he quietly listened to a small group of adventurers, at least they looked the part. He could no longer track the spell caster, but there looked to be a young Druid, a Cavalier, a strangely geared Paladin and others he couldn't place yet. Struggling between wanting to join the safety of numbers and his native distrust of ... everyone. He watched and listened. Patience.
Stealth [DC 34]
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149940

OOC: Can properly post again Sunday. Please consider Kal the group's personal stalker for next day or two. I will try to post as much as possible.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Some are familiar with the scenario, and as you describe the movie to the others, you find yourself wondering if and when the attacks will come. It seems odd that they'd follow the script as such so closely, but you never know.

You hear the sounds of others trying to get their bearing and they seem no less confused and disoriented than you. Sure, there are one or two trying to play it cool like they know what`s going on, but they have no answers in the end.

You hear a high pitched barking sound from what feels like reasonably close by, easily heard over the sound of the group a hundred or so feet away. It`s answered by another, from a distance that must be just as far. It`s hard to tell in the current conditions, but you get the feeling that you`re between the sources of the sounds.

The other group of XDs, louder than you at first, go silent.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
MissRo

Post by MissRo »

Niisha
Condition: Bruised
HP: 3 - LP: 3

Niisha tensed. Her voiced was hushed as she spoke.

"... If I'm not mistaken, that would be the horrid dog creatures. Right on time."

She glanced around, one ear flicking nervously, tail swishing behind her.

"All we need is some cheesy overacting and this would be spot on."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Great. Just great. Not only was he stuck here with a bunch of strangers, most of them XDees-like him, if he was honest - but also...Pokemon. Creatures he'd found annoying enough in their anime version. Up close and in real life, they looked a lot more dangerous, though.
" Lindsey Macdonald", he completed the introductions, still keeping his wary distance from the others.
When the sounds began, he immediately moved into a fighting stance. " Anyone not able to defend themselves up close move back, everyone else move forward. I, for one, am not going to be dog-food or some trophy for an overeager alien right now..."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Randin Al'Thir
CND: Healthy
HP:3

As he surveyed the scene he noted all the things of importance. He debated sending a general, all-channels distress call but decided against it.
Let me know if okay.
His earlier scanning of the radio frequencies let him note the comm frequency that Lt. Cmdr Shannon had on her and hi tuned his own comm to it.

"I see what could be rivers and a giant ziggurat-thing. Smaller clearings. No signs of vehicles. I'm returning... wait, I see something in the trees. Checking it out."

Rand adjusted altitude and drift to inspect what seemed to be a parachute caught in the trees. He followed the lines down to a shiny metallic chassis with four robotic arms.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/sta ... 0612034217

"Hey Peek, know what this is? It's a TDL nanny droid." Rand brings them around to see it from a different angle. "Looks like the crash knocked her battery leads a bit. Let me...." Rand reaches to adjust some exposed wiring. "Hmmm... auxilliary battery depleted. She just needs a jump to initiate charge cycle... Hmmm." He glances down at the pokemon secured in its harness and grins. In a swift move he touches the two contacts to the pokemon's cheeks and with the resulting spark the droid starts to hum, the external LEDs blinking sleepily awake. "MUCH better'n an ewok." he says grinning and going to pat the pikachu on the head before thinking better of it.

"Make TDL-X1," Rand reads. "Those had blasters in the two lower arms for better protection of the kids they were responsible for. Sort of caregiver and personal security all in one. This one has a bi-directional anti-grav equipped. Designation.... hmm... K-LA-32."

As the female-shaped droid raises her head Rand addresses her.
"Droid K-LA-32, I'll call you... Kayla for short. Status report."

The words seemed to startle the droid to full operation. It grabbed onto a nearby branch with one metal arm, two more brought up a faded and cracking doll, cradling it in a torn and threadbare baby blanket.

The fourth protruded a freakin' blaster cannon and levelled it at Rand. "Do not hurt my baby!" she said in a modulated female voice. Though certainly not what Rand was expecting the pikachu might note that Rand had already drifted to have a strong branch between himself and the droid.

"Woah there. I'm not going to hurt your.... uh... baby." Clearly something was wrong with the droid's fundamental programming. Likely it's object recognition algorithm as well as it's biomonitors were on the fritz or that doll shouldn't register as anything she should care about. He'd have to take her offline if he wanted to do code maintenance but right now he had a blaster arm in his face. He had to improvise.

"See," he points to the Pikachu, "I have a little one of my own. I'm with a group down below. We were brought here by bad people and we're trying to get to safety. We could help you too. Just relax and join us." While he spoke his helmet simultaneously broadcast in audible binary. Maybe the basic machine language can penetrate her BIOS code and bypass the obviously glitchy personality matrix. Words like "TRUST", "FRIEND", and 'HELP' conveyed to her at the most basic level of programming. It seemed to work.

"Acknowledged. I will accompany you for the sake of the children." She activated her anti-grav lifters and started descending at a controlled pace.

Rand wished he could mop the sweat off his brow from that close encounter. He mumbled to himself, not minding if Peek could hear, "Party has acquired one psychotic robot. Would you like to equip her now? Sheesh."

Stats for Kayla: (I can stat her fully but i'll provide the basics here)

Powers:
Attributes: Not that high in any given thing. Above average STR, AWE, PRE

Skills of note: Ranged Combat (blasters), Insight, Perception, Persuasion, maybe intimidate it the children get uppity.
Anything a nanny/personal protection unit might need.
Advantages: Interpose, Eidetic Memory,
Powers:
standard robot stuff: immunity to Fort, Mental, Crits
Protection, (maybe Impervious)
Flight (up or down only)
Extra arms.
Blasters concealed in arms
Full language translator
Sensors as equipment to justify that some are broken.

Complications:
Buggy - Her code has long been due for an overhaul and her memory stores needed wiping a long time back. She currently believes the doll is her 'charge' and will lethally defend it. But she could, at any time, decide something else is her 'charge'. She will then 'mother' and protect it/them.

Sound good?

if not, Rand just returns.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The Pikachu jerked upright in surprise as the static discharge fully charged the robot thing. "Next time ask, why doncha." he grumbled. "And I'm no Pichu in need of mothering...." he trailed off as he heard Rand state.
Rand wished he could mop the sweat off his brow from that close encounter. He mumbled to himself, not minding if Peek could hear, "Party has acquired one psychotic robot. Would you like to equip her now? Sheesh."
"Right. I'm a stumbling Pichu for the nice metallic lady..."

" Lindsey Macdonald", he completed the introductions, still keeping his wary distance from the others.
When the sounds began, he immediately moved into a fighting stance. " Anyone not able to defend themselves up close move back, everyone else move forward. I, for one, am not going to be dog-food or some trophy for an overeager alien right now..."
Amy found some convenient cover, knowing for a fact that her small stature meant that she'd be easily overlooked, which meant she was perfect for launching potshots at whatever was coming. Alma and Peekaboo followed suit. Or at least went for the nearest bit of cover they could find.

ooc
Amy Stealth 20: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149967
Alma Stealth 12: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149968
Peekaboo Stealth 12: http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149969

Alma's Init 23 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149971
Peekaboo's Init 33 http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=149970

Battle Init