The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Bladewind »

"Holding it will be... my concern.

"As for occupants... my sources tell me it's relatively empty. But considering the upfront payment I am offering... I will let you draw your own conclusions."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy
"Holding it will be... my concern."
"True enough." she chuckled.
my sources tell me it's relatively empty
"So, did your sources say what sort of occupants are there?" she asked. "This is alot more doable than the Event Horizon, even with the environmental conditions taken into account. We will bill you for additional expenses as they occur by the way." she added cheerfully.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Randin clears his throat. It wouldn’t do to make it look like a merc Company was led by a 15 year old.
“What ship do you have for us to use to get there? And what do you want us to do when we get there? Lock the control modules presumably so no one else can get the station. Or does it have the flight capabilities that you want us to direct it to a planetoids you control? Maybe install a stealth field generator for you?”
Those are the things he would do to take control of a space station.

//hi all. First day in port from a cruise ship. Vacay is going well.
"Something pithy this way comes."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Also, if there are any occupants in there and on this side of reasonable, do you want us to try to get them on your payroll?" she asked out loud.

"Sorry Rand. Been at this awhile, ever since the Merge really. It's all been planet-side though."
she told him mentally. "I also get a bit talkative when I get frightened and the Event Horizon is beyond frightening, not to mention the other stuff put me out of sorts." she admitted forth-rightly. "Since that's been taken care of, I'll simmer down some." you can tell, she is both mentally and visibly calmer. "So sorry for acting like a hyper-active Pichu on a sugar rush and caffeine high."

ooc
Glad you're having fun! Remember, Amy has been doing this since the Merge, so she's got some mercenary/adventurer experience. Her experience though is more planet-side than space side, so she will step aside when it lands in Rand's field.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"As I mentioned, my off-world capabilities are limited... You, unless I miss my guess have a 'Puddle Jumper' at your disposal. Which has the added benefit of being restricted to those with certain genes.

"Apart from the servitor robots that are built by the habitat, a few score of normal humans currently inhabit the ring."

His knowledge is a little disconcerting.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl nodded, filing it away. "If they are on this side of reasonable, do you want us to try to hire them for you? If they know the tech, it could be a real saving for you, both in terms of money and people to man the stupid thing." she said. "Sometimes honey and nectar can attract the Combees more than a swift kick to their hive."

"Sorry, I hate going into a dungeon, no matter how high tech with no prep work beforehand. It never, ever ends well." she made a face. "Yes, there is a story there. Ask Kar-Anna." she said dryly.

Hey, her old Alakazam master always said it was easier to admit to one's failures and screw ups (not his exact words, but close enough) than someone finding out and using it against you later.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

“Was hoping for bigger then just the jumper but it’ll do I s’pos.” Rand says. “An yeah, you’ve still not given directions other than get up there and get it for you. Is that a by-whatever-means-necessary situation? Cuz those tend to get messy and costly, but we can do it.” He says confidently.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"I'm a god." He says with a flash of the glowy-eyes "You figure out the details."

When his eyes cease glowing there's a mischievous twinkle to them, leaving you wondering if you should actually believe his statement of being a god or if he is playing to the role that has been cast to him in the Post Merge world.

Kar-Anna turns to Amy. "I imagine you'll want to gain reinforcements, report in and at the very least, turn over the case to Mr Woolsey and company. What? You had to know I have your friend's memories."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I'm a god." He says with a flash of the glowy-eyes "You figure out the details."
"You really need to read the Evil Overlord's list. It has lots of solid advice for villains with domination inclinations." she easily quipped back. It was very telling on what scared her. It was obvious G'aould didn't. The Event Horizon though, made her scared spitless.

Kar-Anna turns to Amy. "I imagine you'll want to gain reinforcements, report in and at the very least, turn over the case to Mr Woolsey and company. What? You had to know I have your friend's memories."
"Of course I did, it was rather obvious after all." she said mildly, promising herself that the snakes would die eventually just for that. She might play she's okay with it now, but she's really was.... Not. Package bombs with a thermal detonator came to mind. "I might be a kid, but I'm not that stupid or naive as you well know." she grinned. "And part of you taught me how to be a vicious little nightmare when I need and choose to be."

Now she just had to find a couple of them. Dang it. Proper ordinance and incendiaries were hard to find and get a hold of when you were a kid. Maybe she could weasel some out of the Baroness or Kano once she explained the situation to them. She doubted Atlantis would go for it. They were a leetle too straight-laced and rule-oriented to give a kid access to that sort of thing.

It might have to do with the fact that bombs and incendiaries were a little bit too collateral damagish. Double dangit. She'd have to think it through and come up with a real plan that only targeted the snakes. This was going to be more fun than getting into that fortress with the sorcerer and snatching the decanter of endless water. Pity that went fubar afterwards. Then again, who could plan for getting jacked by Predators?

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Rand can know a bit more about the station - it's in fact the Elysium from the movie of the same name. It looks uninhabited from the recon images. It is relatively close to the Event Horizon - halfway Mercury and the Sun close. Also, even if there are no people (or minimal people) there were robots on board - Military, Security and Medical - with the ability to more or less manufacture and repair them with minimal human interaction...