The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl trotted behind Lindsey, keeping a firm eye on the surroundings,chatting about whatever struck her fancy. This entire place was huge and even air conditioned it seemed hot to her cold-weather upbringing. Still, it was wise to keep her wits about her and she did notice something. Whether or not they noticed her, noticing, was something else entirely. The girl nonchalantly dropped back as she noticed the individual or whatever and decided to see what she could do to turn the tables on them if at all possible.

OOC
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=183123 24 perception
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=183124 16 (deception untrained? No bonuses)
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=183243 24 stealth.
Last edited by kirinke on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Randin Al'Thir

With minor color modifications (that would scandalize any Mandalorian) Rand altered his armor slightly. Combined with the fake credentials provided by their employers, this would hopefully give him access to the fighting rings.

He strides up boldly and presents himself for combat, daring anyone to gainsay him.

Perception: 1D20+10 = [17]+10 = 27
and I'll use Intimidation instead of deception because it seems appropriate.

Intimidation: 1D20+8 = [8]+8 = 16
"Something pithy this way comes."
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal finds himself in an even more unsavory area of the compound, one where production of illicit good happens and none of the powers that be visit if they can avoid doing so. A cyborg takes interest in his work and offerings, a man with half of his face (or close to it) replaced with robotic parts. He was probably quite handsome before whatever that befell him and caused this transformation to be necessary occurred. It's hard to tell beneath the concealing clothing that he wears over the rest of his body, but its likely that he has more mechanical prosthetic than his visible facial reconstruction. The man introduces himself as Antonius Lionmane.
Kalannar
HP: 2 LP: 2

Meeting in the light of day ill suits Kalannar's nature but this was his first real contact with someone who might be a player in the Underside. Kal had been honest about running with V'aryn Ul'Drasa for a time and his desire to return to the role of StarGate raider ... mostly honest at least. So it was know he was a adept of the arcane, nothing like Stephanie Strange it still ...

So for this reason alone he was curious why someone so obviously enhanced with technology would be taking an interest in one such as himself. Having checked out the area for possible points to shadow jump tone entered the eatery where he was meeting Lionmane and shared introductions.

"I will be open Sire Lionmane, given your seeming preferences, up until now at least. I am quite curious how it is I might be of service to you?"

drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S&S

Shannon stays with Lindsey, observing guests and the devices they bring with them. Sherlock wanders through the crowd, trying not to give away that he's by no means a pet ...
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Lindsey is able to not only slip away from his tag-along, but if he so desires he can actually get behind him or otherwise sneak up on him. In fact he seems to suddenly be far more concerned with the fact that he realizes Amy spotted him. It might be a blessing that he noticed Amy looking his way because that was likely the moment he lost Lindsey.

A woman steps out from the crowd, clearly impressed with the bravado of the Mandalorian. She's one of the two women that were your primary targets. Which likely means the other is not far behind.

"A Mandalorian, right? I may not be a Star Wars buff, but even I recognize that armor. So you want to fight? I have just the match."

She smiles almost warmly, but it doesn't reach her eyes. She gestures to the ring behind her - mostly a massive cage - and you notice her bodyguard in the middle going through some basic warm-up motions.

Meanwhile, KAl'annar addresses Lionmane. He noted, but managed to not give away that he saw, someone following him. Although not able to recognize his shadow, Kal recognizes that this person is likely a skilled fighter. He is clearly wearing armor - the black material is shiny and rigid over his chest area and shoulder guards cover and protect him. His head is covered by a cloth hood, and his face is concealed in shadow. On the shoulders is a symbol that Kal has seen before but might not recognize:

Kal, going to need a second Perception check, followed by a Will Check, DC 22 (Affliction - Entranced/Compelled/(Not Telling Yet)

Shannon, near Lindsey when the lawyer is able to give the slip to their shadow. The description matches the one following Kal'Annar, save that the symbol on the shoulders is a stylized red cobra, and the face under the hood is not hidden in shadow so much as covered by a black metallic plate of some kind.

Despite Sherlock virtually staring straight at him as you noticed you were being followed, whoever he is doesn't' seem to care or notice the felinoid creature. Sherlock's empathic senses are on near overload and have been since you got here, but this individual is definitely a credible threat.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

Uh-oh. Busted. The girl thought as the guy following noticed her noticing him. Without making eye-contact, she mentally alerted Shannon, Lindsey and Sherlock to the guy.

"We have an interested party. Want me to distract and fluster him?" She asked dryly. "He's already pinged on me noticing him."

ooc
Popular culture http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=183931 13

Battle Init
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal'annar
HP:
2 LP: 1
Bladewind wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:23 amMeanwhile, KAl'annar addresses Lionmane. He noted, but managed to not give away that he saw, someone following him. Although not able to recognize his shadow, Kal recognizes that this person is likely a skilled fighter. He is clearly wearing armor - the black material is shiny and rigid over his chest area and shoulder guards cover and protect him. His head is covered by a cloth hood, and his face is concealed in shadow. On the shoulders is a symbol that Kal has seen before but might not recognize:

Kal, going to need a second Perception check, followed by a Will Check, DC 22 (Affliction - Entranced/Compelled/(Not Telling Yet)
Perception (12, not so much. Using an LP ): 23
http://orokos.com/roll/562767
Will: (ha, some real luck at last) 23
http://orokos.com/roll/562757
Player guessing Jedi/Sith but admittedly has a limited depth of Star Wars trivia.
Last edited by StarGuard on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Bladewind wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:23 am A woman steps out from the crowd, clearly impressed with the bravado of the Mandalorian. She's one of the two women that were your primary targets. Which likely means the other is not far behind.

"A Mandalorian, right? I may not be a Star Wars buff, but even I recognize that armor. So you want to fight? I have just the match."

She smiles almost warmly, but it doesn't reach her eyes. She gestures to the ring behind her - mostly a massive cage - and you notice her bodyguard in the middle going through some basic warm-up motions.
Randin looks over and only nods. "Rules?" he asks leaving it intentionally vague if he was asking what the rules were or if there were any at all.
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

S & S
kirinke wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:45 am AMY
Uh-oh. Busted. The girl thought as the guy following noticed her noticing him. Without making eye-contact, she mentally alerted Shannon, Lindsey and Sherlock to the guy.

"We have an interested party. Want me to distract and fluster him?" She asked dryly. "He's already pinged on me noticing him."
"Go ahead, but be careful. This place looks full of characters from Evil Central Casting." Shannon 'said'. "I thought I saw an Imperial from our armored friend's universe, and at least some of them don't like Manticorans very much."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Managing to meld into the crowd, Lindsey maneuvered himself around his pursuer, at the same time grabbing a dining knife from a nearby table.
Suddenly, he stepped behind his pursuer, putting a hand on their shoulder. " Hey....looking for me? Didn't know I had fans..."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl leaned against a nearby column. "Looks like Lindsey has it in hand." she told the others mentally, knowing that sometimes a guy had to handle a situation himself. Unless it went FUBAR of course. Plus, he needed to establish his bad-guy cred somehow and having a cute little girl knock the stuffing out of the mark wouldn't help that.
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:29 am, edited 4 times in total.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:17 am Randin looks over and only nods. "Rules?" he asks leaving it intentionally vague if he was asking what the rules were or if there were any at all.
The beautiful blond puts her mask in place.

"Stay alive. If you mar my face, all bets are off."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

The helmet nodded once.

"Wouldn't dream of it, Luv. This world don't got enough beauty in it as it is. I'd hate to take a source of it away." he says smoothly.

Rand made sure power was routed to his afterburners (but not firing them) before entering the enclosed ring.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl watches in bemusement as Lindsey engages in an epic stare down with the guy following them.

Battle Init
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kalannar recognizes the symbol from one of the movies that the humans are so fond of. It is a symbol of the Empire, he recalls someone going on about some kind of spectacle, no, a some kind of show, about Rebels fighting the Empire. He was perhaps only vaguely interested because the Emperor, although quite foolish and arrogant, was a rather powerful figure.The symbol and its positioning nagged at him a little, he recognized the style of uniform. He might have even seen a sample of the show. Seven of Nine? No, that was not it, although he had likely heard that nomenclature. Fifth? No, that wasn't it. He was close, there was a number in the name he was certain.
Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:17 am Randin looks over and only nods. "Rules?" he asks leaving it intentionally vague if he was asking what the rules were or if there were any at all.
The beautiful blond puts her mask in place.

"Stay alive. If you mar my face, all bets are off."
Neo-Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 5:33 pm Lindsey

Managing to meld into the crowd, Lindsey maneuvered himself around his pursuer, at the same time grabbing a dining knife from a nearby table.
Suddenly, he stepped behind his pursuer, putting a hand on their shoulder. " Hey....looking for me? Didn't know I had fans..."
The figure turns, allowing Lindsey a full view of the symbol on the shoulder. There is no mistake, a stylized Cobra. How many organizations were represented here?!? Lindsey is under no illusion that the man is extremely dangerous, and even though the reformed demon lawyer had the upper hand for the moment, matters could change quickly.

Without moving or betraying any sense of feeling threatened, the Cobra officer - and now that Lindsey has a good look he might even be willing to call this one as a Rule 63 Baroness - acknowledges Lindsey.

"Impressive. Not many can sneak up on me. However, you are late. You were expected nearly half an hour ago."

Depending on intentions, I would need initiative.

- Rand in combat with Vega
- Lindsey, Amy and Shannon vs "The Baron"
- Kalannar still in discussion mode, but depending on intention, post Init as well

Did I miss anyone?