The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kirinke

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by kirinke »

Neo-Paladin wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 pm Lindsey

He smiled. " Well, she is far more reliable than some of your...minions, for one. Second, as a Pokemon trainer, she offers versatility. Even I can change my mind when I am presented with the right choices."
AMY

"There is also the fact that right now, I have no other 'master' or alliances or anything of the sort. Nor do I have any inclination to stab him in the back, either literally or figuratively." she added helpfully. "I also follow orders well enough."

"That and he doesn't mind me wanting to destroy every Toys R Us I see with liberal use of flamethrowers." she shuddered. "I will never look at another 'My little Pony' doll OR teddy bear as just an innocent little toy. They're all evil. Especially when possessed by Bannet and Shuppet." she looked at 'Kobra'. "That reminds me, I need to get a fire pokemon."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:00 pm ""But, Kobra, you have us at a disadvantage. Who are your new companions?"
[...]
OOC - no, this is not Shang Tsung. It`s a semi OC character I created awhile back for another game, his daughter as it were.

Sherlock gets a sense that the woman in front of him has far more in common with the humans he's used to than the mayfly humans of this world. She seems old. He gets no malevolence as such, just vast experience and complexity.

"I'm Shannon."
Not saying anything would have been off, and even if Kano or Tsung recognized a Manticoran accent (which seemed improbable), there were over three billion people in the Old Star Kingdom. "I'm here as a technical advisor for my associate." She said.

With a friend, she'd introduce Sherlock on his own. With someone like these... she'd like to keep her friend's abilities in reserve.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

It's clear that this pit was designed for lesser opponents, as a means of entertainment for those above. Rand can easily spot through his thermal lenses, the signatures of what are no doubt cameras focused on the pit. There is a loud metallic click as gears start to move the massive door. Rand's assessment of lesser opponents is largely due to how easily the grate blocking the chute succumbs to his blades.

Then again, so many factors have to align for that particular egress to work - the walls of the chute are friction-less, or at least slick that normal climbing skill would be useless.

It's all information that is interesting but not particularly useful at the moment. Their is a deafening roar - not unlike the T-Rex on Venus - as the door continues opening. The grate gives way, but it takes precious time and the roar is getting louder. The creature is all but able to pass through the door as Rand is able to ascend the chute.

Lionmane continues to ponder the request, gazing at the weapons laid out on the table and his new associate. Realization seems to set in.

"Do you mean a Ribbon Device? I can acquire that for you, yes."

Kano looks around as you exchange, and then bursts out laughing. He makes a comment on going soft towards "Kobra" and belches before taking a bite of something else. Tsung however, looks at you skeptically.

"Interesting." She turns, interested by the goings on in the pit. "That one is a worthy Kombatant. Should he survive the pit, I shall have use of him." She seems to speak to Kano in regards to that, but he does not reply. "It is no secret that I do not enjoy sullying my hands with the likes of you Dragons, but you get results."

She gestures in the air, there is a sparkling of energy around her hand and the weapon, case and all, float towards her.

"The source of this device's energy. We want it." The case, and then the weapon itself seem to fall apart and to the ground, until she is left holding aloft a small purple crystal.

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl grinned a little as she leaned back. "So, do you have any idea where we should start looking for these baubles?" she asked. "Or who to ask?" she raised an eyebrow. "I assume the people who do have access to these crystals aren't exactly inclined to simply start trading with you." she shook her head at Kano's behavior. "Can't imagine why."

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

As much as Rand wanted to gun his afterburners and sail away from here in a cloud of obscuring whiteness he steeled himself like the Mandalorian he was. He kept his maneuvering thrusters on manual and ascended he slick chute carefully. This would let him spot any additional grates as well as assess the trapdoor that felled him in the first place.

When it came into sight, likely having closed after catching it's latest victim Rand cued up a missile and let it fly to smash the door into splinters and jet out in the shower of debris to make a grand re-entrance.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Lindsey raises a brow. " Is that so?" He tries to remain calm, even though the blatant display of sorcerous power made the hairs on the back of his neck stand up. He'd need to be very careful.
" These things do not exactly come cheap..."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Rand fires his missile at a safe enough distance, and his armor protects him from the sound and debris. He emerges back into the staging area of his fight with Vega. The cage has been removed, but it was probably prudent to remain low. There is an uproar and guards train energy weapons on him.

Tsung smiles, and there's nothing pleasant about it despite her rather comely features. She takes Lindsey`s raised hackles for annoyance at her blatant disregard for his efforts to obtain the weapon.

"Name your seller's price."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Hovering in the midst of the guards Rand revolves slowly noting each of their positions. He tilts his head until an audible crack of vertebrae realigning echoes.

"Roight then. Is it to be you lot next?" he asks with no trace of fear in his voice.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

An Asian woman walks forward, flanked by two beefcake guards with face masks. She simply walks forward and the trio stops. She looks at Rand waiting for you to respond. She cocks her head slightly to one side expectantly. Her hands are hidden, possibly clasped in front of her in the folds of her robe.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand looks at the Asian woman, his face mask betraying no expression.

He spreads his arms to indicate the destruction to the arena. "No rules."

"But no one ever said when the fight was to end. Is this one over?" he asks.
StarGuard

Post by StarGuard »

Kal'annar
HP:

The Jedi weapon disappears underneath the dark folds of Kal'annar's cloak, while he fastens the force-saber into an alternate set of rings designed for a second scabbard. It wasn't a fighting style he was unfamiliar with ... he just preferred the protection of a good shield while in a sword fight. "Then we have a deal Imperial. I will need a way to contact you when I have the information. When I do you will need to have the Ribbon Device ready for an exchange. I will remain on this planet one cycle while you verify that the information I give you is valid. After that I leave through the Stargate. Luck to your Emperor."

Kal gives a wry grin as he catches the last of Rand's fight on the scrying boxes that seem to be everywhere on this planet. What the man lacks in subtly he certainly makes up for with flare.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//really sorry but I am totally at a loss atm. I don't know what to say or do....
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

Sensing his confusion, Amy mentally whispers to Lindsay. "Say something reasonable. These kyber crystals are pretty powerful foci to the right person and it's going to be difficult to get a hold of them. If there is a source on earth or in the solar system, that's going to be incredibly valuable, more valuable than rare-earths."

ooc
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=191658 18 popular culture (untrained)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Lindsey

Nodding, Lindsey then cleared his throat. " Getting these will be extremely costly. I mean, you could get the knockoffs Stark has been making, but I doubt they'd do what you intend. Natural kyber crystals...if there are some on Earth or even in this solar system, getting your hands on them will be quite a financial endeavor. We are talking double-digit million figures....at least."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

Amy considered."Try 500 million per shipment, with the option of re-negotiating the amount shipped or ending the shipments at any time or re-negotiating the price as needed. Also make sure to take a percentage off of anything they profit off of on their end." she advised. "We have them by the neck on this, so we can control the contract. There is also the fact that any 'amount' we suggest is only going to be good here on earth. So maybe include an option of trading shipments for other currency or items of equal value as needed. It could probably be stated better, you're the lawyer with contract experience, not me." she added sheepishly.
Last edited by kirinke on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Battle Init