The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Jewel

Re: The Merge: Omega Company (IC)

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Not sure Glinda would appreciate being called wicked." She shudders.

"In any event, it’s pretty much Rand and myself that need to look like Earthers. So I think we are good to go.”
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

drothgery wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:20 am
Satellite footage and other intel will point that there is no evidence of excessive weight in the being's wake,
Flynnarrel wrote:Rand will fess up to possessing this 'ATA' gene, as evidenced by Atlantean scanners.
McKay looks up from his tablet, eyes wide. He looks around, annoyance on his face.

"And what wonderful reason did you people come up with for not making me aware of this fact?

"Nevermind, okay, Boba Fett, try this."
he tosses a device to the Mandalorian, oblivious to any reaction to the moniker.

Rand will need to concentrate, but will be able to create a cover. He can then remove it and hand it off to Kar'Anna to activate a second one for himself. Unfortunately, the device copies whoever the user is looking at, so at the moment, Rand is a visual clone of McKay.

Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand shrugs, not seeming to mind his new look, though if Kar'Anna also looks like McKay he'll go out to find a female to copy and switch devices with her. "I didn't need the image of McKay sashaying like you do when you walk." he says by way of explanation.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Easily done. I was going to look for a pic, but then decided it would likely be one of the unnamed personnel types that he images on.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"I'll just go as myself. On the slim chance we run into anybody that does recognize me, they'll expect me to be in odd company." she shrugged. "It's becoming a thing,"
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

It doesn't change voice right? Only Image?

Rand's synthesized voice might be unsettling coming from McKay's visage. "Right, let's get to it and remember..." Rand-McKay's fingers twitch as he accesses his suit's recorder....
"Try not to destroy the upholstery. It's only about ten thousand years old and really hard to come by."

Rand will head to the Vehicle and take the driver's seat.

The place seeming to repel Kar'Anna's magic but not Lindseys was a little unsettling to Rand. He knew it had to do with the Selenium Mines but if the area was interrupting force-based power... he had always suspected he had a tenuous connection to the Force that gave him an edge in combat and doubtless saved his life on missions and in the rigorous Mandalorian training. If going here denied him those.... Well, they'd have to see.

Speaking of Force, he concentrated on seeing a moment into the ship's future.
Powers set to Vehicle augmenting part of array.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:19 am It doesn't change voice right? Only Image?

correct
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

"Question, we're going into a bad-guy bar with presumably alot of people with powers right? Will they be able to see through this toy's projection or even detect it?" Amy asked.

Battle Init
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand-McKay shrugs a shoulder. "Hardly matters. If they see through the illusion and see a Mandalorin bounty hunter is only increases our 'street cred'."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

AMY

The girl grinned. "It's the one's that don't want to be bothered or look the most harmless that are the greatest threat. Leastways, that's what I was always taught."

Battle Init
Jewel

Post by Jewel »

Kar'Anna Maraneth
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"I don't really care if they know who or what I am once we cross the threshold." She shrugs. "I'm operating under the assumption that screaming locals is bad."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The Puddle Jumper is ready when you are. You'll note that either it's not the same one you were assigned before, or the upholstery has been repaired despite protests of the level of difficulty in doing so.

The trip to Mexico is easy and uneventful - a small vehicle with its own cloaking device certainly helps. You arrive in short order, your paperwork and disguises intact. You are able to check in to the Best Western (btw - how many rooms ?) when the clerk seems to recognize Lindsey and disappears for a moment (as in, goes into the office). When he returns, the bellhop also arrives to bring any bags you might need carried to your rooms.

The clerk will signal for Lindsey to approach the end of the desk and attempt to discretely hand over a small case.

"Mr Masters." He says. "The usual room is ready. Per your instructions, here is the case you wanted held. No one attempted to claim it, but there have been a small number of people looking for you. Messages will be relayed to your room in short order."

His English is perfect.

I would like to know two things - 1) Where did you park the Jumper? 2) How many rooms ? (Lindsey/ Kobra's suite will be a penthouse, such that a town like this can provide.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
How many rooms are in the pent house and can they get cots up there? I know for a fact that Amy would be perfectly happy in a sleeping bag, arm chair or couch as well as a bed, she's not that picky. Considering the place, it might not be wise to separate.

Battle Init
drothgery

Post by drothgery »

Since Sherlock finds crowds a bit overwhelming, and Shannon's a way more reserved person than anyone who's had to share junior officer's quarters on a warship should be, she wants a room for just them. Any "no pets" suggestions from the management will be met with the contempt they deserve ...

(also, she's pretty well-off in her own right, and will be filing an expense report anyway...)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Rand will put the Puddle Jumper outside of town but closest to a car rental place. He'll arrange a large SUV via the internet and walk into town (or arrange a ride service to pick him (alone preferably) up). He'll check out the rented vehicle and disable any location tracking beacons before driving it to pick up the others to go to the hotel. At least that's his plan.

He'll room with the majority of the group. He's expecting someone to try to kill them. (Possibly just because they've met them.)

Otherwise he's content to be silent chauffeur and manservant.